March 19, 2024, 02:55:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 4 8/26/09 - 9/28/09  (Read 479693 times)
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #320 on: September 05, 2009, 11:56:14 AM »

DD - I'm getting a little tired of problems going on behind the scenes or on other sites being discussed at SM.

This is the Lindsey thread.  I have no idea what is going on and who is trashing you but the discussion does not belong here.  If you have problems with someone, discuss it at your site or in PM's at your site or via email but not in the SM open forum.

I respect that klass, just now read your post... I was about to go anyway.  I just do not want people fighting over what is happening with this case.  It is all about the "case" it is not about me or anyone else.  But I will leave. 

DD, please, please don't leave!! You're researching skills are amazing, and we need you!! Please reconsider!  an angelic monkey

love4ever
Scared Monkey

« Reply #321 on: September 05, 2009, 12:25:02 PM »

DD - I'm getting a little tired of problems going on behind the scenes or on other sites being discussed at SM.

This is the Lindsey thread.  I have no idea what is going on and who is trashing you but the discussion does not belong here.  If you have problems with someone, discuss it at your site or in PM's at your site or via email but not in the SM open forum.

I respect that klass, just now read your post... I was about to go anyway.  I just do not want people fighting over what is happening with this case.  It is all about the "case" it is not about me or anyone else.  But I will leave. 
Besides Lindsey's family and a few select others that is all I can see that want Lindsey found. I'm not talking about anyone on any forum, I'm talking about in the town, my perception is a lot of people in the town could care less if she is found or not, I hope I'm wrong, but it sure seems that way.

With all the research being done or that has been done, from the day to day activity in or around McCleary, I would say not to exclude your perception, the majority rules that there are some of the town people who are set innot helping.

Very sad that people who are from afar who research, extensively mind you, get so involved just to get things to come out. That is how it works, you research, you speak with people, you put yourself out there because you care, you care about Lindsey, or any other child you research. So is this hapening in McCleary? Is the search that is happening in McCleary respondent to all the personality types that surrounded Lindsey, are they going in deep as the researches do taking notice of those who Lindseys was around? Hence, to me it is sad when researchers from afar do that and the ones right there in the physical do not. There may be a few, but a very minute few.

As far as DD, I am supportive of her research, I am respectful for what she does, I learn from her, she has done so much and dedicated her time. She has touched base with those who none of us would ever dare to go. She follows the leads, she confronts the discrepancies that are found both in the physical and mentality of those who come forward who try to divert the research in a different direction. If she were on here or any other forum I would be interested in her research, always. Working with DD is like having a friend really. You go through thick and thin with them, you stick beside them, even when they are having a bad day. No matter what happens you let them be who they are, and they let you be you, and the soon we are back researching again.

So DD, I understand, I always have, I am here to help and be supportive in the midst of finding Lindsey. You have gone through alot behind the scenes, a place where others wouldn't go. Thank you for that, you are a brave soul, a free spirit. God Bless You

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #322 on: September 05, 2009, 12:58:39 PM »

love4ever  and  DD and all the others that research so much, we appreciate it very much    I'm not good at doing researching, all I can do is read and try to figure things out, and in this case I can't figure anything out, nothing is making sense. Oh I have some thoughts, and some bad feelings about things, that is best kept to myself. I hope and pray there is some resolution, but I really have my doubts.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #323 on: September 05, 2009, 01:24:23 PM »

Besides Lindsey's family and a few select others that is all I can see that want Lindsey found. I'm not talking about anyone on any forum, I'm talking about in the town, my perception is a lot of people in the town could care less if she is found or not, I hope I'm wrong, but it sure seems that way.

With all the research being done or that has been done, from the day to day activity in or around McCleary, I would say not to exclude your perception, the majority rules that there are some of the town people who are set innot helping.

Very sad that people who are from afar who research, extensively mind you, get so involved just to get things to come out. That is how it works, you research, you speak with people, you put yourself out there because you care, you care about Lindsey, or any other child you research. So is this hapening in McCleary? Is the search that is happening in McCleary respondent to all the personality types that surrounded Lindsey, are they going in deep as the researches do taking notice of those who Lindseys was around? Hence, to me it is sad when researchers from afar do that and the ones right there in the physical do not. There may be a few, but a very minute few.

As far as DD, I am supportive of her research, I am respectful for what she does, I learn from her, she has done so much and dedicated her time. She has touched base with those who none of us would ever dare to go. She follows the leads, she confronts the discrepancies that are found both in the physical and mentality of those who come forward who try to divert the research in a different direction. If she were on here or any other forum I would be interested in her research, always. Working with DD is like having a friend really. You go through thick and thin with them, you stick beside them, even when they are having a bad day. No matter what happens you let them be who they are, and they let you be you, and the soon we are back researching again.

So DD, I understand, I always have, I am here to help and be supportive in the midst of finding Lindsey. You have gone through alot behind the scenes, a place where others wouldn't go. Thank you for that, you are a brave soul, a free spirit. God Bless You

Love, well said.  Yes, DD has the courage to confront people and go where others (like me) only lurk.  I understand Klaas' concerns, but I know DD's post was not about her -- it was about liars and people who twist the truth for their own agenda or theory.  Unfortunately, IMO this has happened here and I do respect Klaas' desire to keep "other" arguments or lies where they originated.
This is about Lindsey and on that I know everyone agrees.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #324 on: September 05, 2009, 01:53:44 PM »

Who has asked you to leave?  This is exactly the kind of thing that bothers me.  You assume I am asking you to leave?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #325 on: September 05, 2009, 03:02:03 PM »

Hi Karma.  I see ya in the rafters.

I have been gone for a week.  What was the outcome to the search last weekend?

Thanks

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #326 on: September 05, 2009, 05:06:33 PM »

Thanks

Janet
LOL....hi Janet
I am always in the rafters it seems.
As far as last weekends search......nada,nothing as far as I have read.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #327 on: September 05, 2009, 05:15:18 PM »

Thanks

Janet
LOL....hi Janet
I am always in the rafters it seems.
As far as last weekends search......nada,nothing as far as I have read.

Thanks Karma.

an angelic monkey

I am disappointed but somehow I believe that answers will be forthcoming.  I just wish I possessed the virtue of patience.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #328 on: September 05, 2009, 05:36:40 PM »

Isn't there a search today or tomorrow? I thought I read that, but could be wrong. I don't have patience either Janet, especially in following these cases, and the more time that goes by...... 
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #329 on: September 05, 2009, 06:36:09 PM »

Isn't there a search today or tomorrow? I thought I read that, but could be wrong. I don't have patience either Janet, especially in following these cases, and the more time that goes by...... 
There were a few locals(at WS)searching yesterday,today and possible tomorrow but this is a small group of 3-4 people and they are being directed where to search by Brad who is a member at WS and in charge of Klaaskids in that area......I think.

Karma Is Coming

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #330 on: September 05, 2009, 06:45:59 PM »

KARA KAMPEN:  THE WITNESS - THE DOGS - THE SIXTH STREET ROUTE?

KaraK
Re: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09
« Reply #350 on: July 01, 2009, 05:25:22 PM »

For some of the other posters regarding the camera's and Lindsey's route: From a possible witness on the night that Lindsey disappeared she did not take her regular route home. If that is true she would not have had to come through an area where she would have been picked up on those camera's. Instead she would have been headed up 6th street hill into a strictly residential area where there are no businesses which would be consistent with the original trail said to have been picked up by the dogs.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg860401#msg860401

KaraK
« Reply #992 on: July 04, 2009, 09:13:38 PM »

When Lindsey left my house she headed down maple street - my daughter watched her until the neighbors trees got in the way that would have been before she hit the corner of 7th and Maple. Either route she took either straight home or up 6th she would have had to walk down Maple street a ways.

Originally I was told that they picked up Lindsey's scent on the corner of 6th and Maple (near Beehive retirement center) and it went up 6th street (so to me that is a right onto 6th street) I was even told another location nearer to her house where they picked up her scent as well. They are no longer saying this and are now saying the dogs never picked up a scent (that's impossible isn't it????) So I am confused and not sure now what the real story is.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg864342#msg864342

KaraK
« Reply #1012 on: July 04, 2009, 10:27:20 PM »

I do want to let you know I just had a visitor that Lindsey's family hired - an independent tracker renowned for helping where others have failed http://www.k9sardog.com/harryoakes.html and he says he picked up a scent nearly the same as I was told before. He cut his usual fee and is currently trying to track using his trained dogs. Pray he finds something that the others have missed!!!

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg864394#msg864394

KaraK
« Reply #1152 on: July 05, 2009, 06:12:45 PM »

Absolutely - don't worry about me just do what you guys have to do. - I stand by what I was told early on about where Lindsey's scent was picked up but I will have to confirm direction with Mr. Oakes if I get to see him again as far as the most recent trail that was picked up. He never actually mentioned a scent on Pine or anything like that simply 6th and then he too mentioned and searched the same area past her house that was picked up by the original dogs. If I can talk to him I will try to confirm exactly where the scent led and if it seemed to be a solid trail.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg865282#msg865282

Kara K
« Reply #1229 on: July 05, 2009, 10:27:51 PM »

I am a bit confused now as to where the eye witness says she saw Lindsey. I would strongly suggest if my information is the only one throwing the witness accounts off base then I would ignore what I said. I did not see Lindsey after she left so I could not accurately attest to which direction she headed. I had thought that the witness originally stated going up 6th but I have not been able to find where I read that so maybe I did not. That is why it seemed to add up with what I was told early on about the tracking dogs... This is my major gray area so I should probably refrain from speculating since now I seem to be the one adding a "rumored" account.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg865710#msg865710

KaraK
« Reply #1461 on: July 07, 2009, 12:27:39 AM »

I don't believe any search warrants were issued that I am aware of. Within hours the police searched both my and the Baum residences and then the FBI and Sheriff's dept. did as well. We authorized access as did Melissa Baum so I don't think they needed to get warrants. They also searched the property around both of our homes with teams, agents and dogs nearly if not daily up until 2 days ago I believe it was. The only property obtained from the my home after search were the computers and those were volunteered so I don't think they needed to file paperwork.

I am not sure about any other homes except for those of my neighbors that were searched and I was outside so I know those were both voluntary as well.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg867561#msg867561

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #331 on: September 05, 2009, 06:47:06 PM »

Sheriff Rick Scott claims that tracking dogs did not pick up Lindsey Baum's scent anywhere in town and witnesses placed Lindsey at 5th and Maple.

This is contrary to KaraK's claim that tracking dogs picked up Lindsey's scent on the corner of Sixth and Maple and ... along Sixth as well as a witness account of Lindsey on Sixth (See above post).

As of August 2, 2009 ... Melissa Baum's understanding was that there was a witness sighting of her daughter at 5th and Maple.

Janet

+++++

THE MEDIA:  THE WITNESS - THE DOGS - THE MAPLE STREET ROUTE?

Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott

ABC News – June 30, 2009

Scott said witnesses were able to put Lindsey within a couple of blocks of her house just after 9:30 p.m. The last person reported to have seen her, he said, was a neighbor on her way to work.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=7966924&page=2

The Daily World - July 2, 2009

Scott said a second person came forward Tuesday with a confirmed sighting of Baum from Friday night in the same area along Maple Street near Fifth Street.

http://**/articles/2009/07/02/local_news/doc4a4cf43c1b1dd881132403.txt

The Daily World - July 2, 2009

Scott said authorities have run into several dead ends with almost no signs of the 4-foot-9, brown-haired girl, who was last spotted wearing a blue pullover shirt and blue jeans.

“I don’t know anything more than I knew Saturday afternoon,” he said, “but I’m not willing to admit that I know anything less.”

Scott said bloodhounds traced the route Lindsey took early on from the friend’s house to her own home, but didn’t find any scent. And in places where Lindsey once played — parks and by the creek — Lindsey’s scent has been vanishing.

The loss of scent could be a combination of factors — the heat on the sidewalk could have dissipated it for instance, he said.

http://**/articles/2009/07/02/local_news/doc4a4cf43c1b1dd881132403.txt

Melissa Baum

The Daily World - August 2, 2009

From the front step of her nearby home, Melissa Baum can almost see its intersection with Fifth Street where her 11-year-old daughter took her last known steps into oblivion.

“I feel like she’s right under my nose and I can’t find her,” she said.

http://**/articles/2009/08/02/local_news/doc4a75285b085b5140001671.txt

_____

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #332 on: September 05, 2009, 06:56:26 PM »

There were a few locals(at WS)searching yesterday,today and possible tomorrow but this is a small group of 3-4 people and they are being directed where to search by Brad who is a member at WS and in charge of Klaaskids in that area......I think.
Thanks 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #333 on: September 05, 2009, 07:13:03 PM »

Brad Dennis is the Director of Search Operations in the Klaaskids' Lindsey Baum search.  Is this the guy who posts at WS?  Is he a McCleary local?

I wonder if any of the properties along the Maple Street route between the witness' sighting of Lindsey Baum and her home were re/searched.  I wonder if the Shell Station property was re/searched.  I wonder if the Baum property was re/searched.

Could Lindsey Baum be hidden in plain sight under debris or foilage?

Janet

+++++

Renewed effort in search for girlMissing since June 26: News about abductee’s return after 18 years draws people to help find Lindsey
ROLF BOONE; The Olympian | • Published August 30, 2009

McCleary – Teams of volunteers inspected roadsides, wooded areas and creeks Saturday as part of the ongoing effort to find Lindsey Baum, the 11-year-old McCleary girl who disappeared the evening of June 26.

Saturday was the second consecutive day in which volunteers fanned out into outlying areas and neighboring towns, hoping to find clues. The search continues today.

http://www.theolympian.com/112/story/954641.html?storylink=omni_popular

_____

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #334 on: September 05, 2009, 08:02:06 PM »

Brad Dennis is the Director of Search Operations in the Klaaskids' Lindsey Baum search.  Is this the guy who posts at WS?  Is he a McCleary local?

I wonder if any of the properties along the Maple Street route between the witness' sighting of Lindsey Baum and her home were re/searched.  I wonder if the Shell Station property was re/searched.  I wonder if the Baum property was re/searched.

Janet

+++++

Renewed effort in search for girlMissing since June 26: News about abductee’s return after 18 years draws people to help find Lindsey

McCleary – Teams of volunteers inspected roadsides, wooded areas and creeks Saturday as part of the ongoing effort to find Lindsey Baum, the 11-year-old McCleary girl who disappeared the evening of June 26.

Saturday was the second consecutive day in which volunteers fanned out into outlying areas and neighboring towns, hoping to find clues. The search continues today.

Yes,same Brad Dennis,the one posting on WS and the one in charge of operations for KlaasKids.I don't think he is a local but he is in contact with some local posters at WS.

Karma Is Coming

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: September 05, 2009, 08:57:38 PM »

Janet

+++++

Yes,same Brad Dennis,the one posting on WS and the one in charge of operations for KlaasKids.I don't think he is a local but he is in contact with some local posters at WS.

Thanks Karma

Was Brad Dennis affiliated with the Polly Klaas Foundation or Klaaskids prior to the Lindsey Baum case?

http://www.pollyklaas.org/
http://www.klaaskids.org/

Janet

Volunteers search for clues in case of missing McCleary girl
Share this storyBuzz up!

By Rolf Boone; The Olympian
Published: 08/29/09   9:19 pm

At the request of Lindsey’s mother, Melissa, two nonprofit groups – the Laura Recovery Center of Friends­wood, Texas, and Klaaskids Foundation of Sausalito, Calif. – organized the search. Both groups have been involved in high-profile missing-­child cases before, including the disappearances of Elizabeth Smart of Utah and Elaine Sepulveda of Oak Harbor.

About 120 people searched Friday, and about 40 people had taken part before noon Saturday, said Brad Dennis, director of search operations for the Klaaskids Foundation. The search is being staged from the McCleary Community Center, and although organizers have enough volunteers to handle administrative duties, they need more searchers, Dennis said.

“We need people to come out and be a part of this,” he said.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/updates/story/861127.html

_____

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #336 on: September 06, 2009, 01:24:47 AM »

Northern Rose, June 28, post #70 you wrote "her myspace has changed."  Whose myspace were you referring to? Lindsey? and did you save the old one?  Trying to locate the pix of Alice Walters that was on there.  The photo has now been removed.
TIA

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #337 on: September 06, 2009, 10:15:42 AM »

Janet

+++++

Thanks Karma

Was Brad Dennis affiliated with the Polly Klaas Foundation or Klaaskids prior to the Lindsey Baum case?

http://www.pollyklaas.org/
http://www.klaaskids.org/

Janet

Volunteers search for clues in case of missing McCleary girl
Share this storyBuzz up!

By Rolf Boone; The Olympian
Published: 08/29/09   9:19 pm

At the request of Lindsey’s mother, Melissa, two nonprofit groups – the Laura Recovery Center of Friends­wood, Texas, and Klaaskids Foundation of Sausalito, Calif. – organized the search. Both groups have been involved in high-profile missing-­child cases before, including the disappearances of Elizabeth Smart of Utah and Elaine Sepulveda of Oak Harbor.

About 120 people searched Friday, and about 40 people had taken part before noon Saturday, said Brad Dennis, director of search operations for the Klaaskids Foundation. The search is being staged from the McCleary Community Center, and although organizers have enough volunteers to handle administrative duties, they need more searchers, Dennis said.

“We need people to come out and be a part of this,” he said.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/updates/story/861127.html

I believe Brad was involved in the KlaasKids foundation before Lindsey went missing and he has been posting at WS for a while now but I don't know for how long.

Karma Is Coming

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #338 on: September 06, 2009, 10:20:51 AM »

Northern Rose, June 28, post #70 you wrote "her myspace has changed."  Whose myspace were you referring to? Lindsey? and did you save the old one?  Trying to locate the pix of Alice Walters that was on there.  The photo has now been removed.
TIA
I'm real curious about this Alice Walters 
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #339 on: September 06, 2009, 10:21:05 AM »

TIA
ICBW but I think Northern meant the change was from wet to adored.

Karma Is Coming

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.