March 18, 2024, 11:27:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 4 8/26/09 - 9/28/09  (Read 479652 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #380 on: September 08, 2009, 04:39:40 PM »

Karma, thanks for sharing about the girls in Oregon.  It shows a real need for everyone working on a case to get together and share their info, take each other seriously, not let 'ego' or whatever, get in the way, IMO.  I've seen this happen in other cases, mainly with the local LE, who it seems doesn't want to give up being 'the lead' in a case, that they will solve it without the help of others.  Even when the FBI is called in, they often seem to tussle over what will get done and by whom. 

I know from personal exp where my local LE didn't do all that they could in a case, then dropped it.  It took the mother of the missing to go to the other large newspaper hours away, to get coverage on this case which resulted in some actual action being taken.... which resulted in the recovery of her son's body.  And THEN the local LE sits back and pats themselves on the back.  They were told in no uncertain terms that THEY had done nothing, success was all on the efforts of a licensed private citizen with his search dog, who cared enough to do something.  And the mother has filed a huge lawsuit against the local LE for their lack of action. 

Burns me up when some folks do nothing and when success eventually happens, try to take credit for it. 

It's been discussed in other cases how local LE can at times have HUGE egos, but they do little to nothing, the case gets solved by other folks, while local LE steps in and takes the credit, without giving a mention of credit where due.   This happened in the Laci Peterson case, where the psychic is the one who initially gave info where her body was.  It took forever for local LE to finally check it out.  When Laci's body was found, downstream, never was there a mention by the local LE who actually led them to that area.  They took the credit for themselves. 

I know the important thing is that the missing person is found, not who the credit for the find goes to.  If a family has been waiting for months/years, with nothing being done, and someone else comes along and solves the case, bringing the family info, a sense of peace and closure... that is something tho.  And local LE, IMO, ought not act all proud when they didn't do a dang thing in helping to bring the family that sense of closure. 

Anyway, thanks again for bringing us the info about the girls in Oregon.  Cuz this same kind of thing could be going on in Lindsey's town.  And if so, it's likely gonna take the efforts of some good ole' regular citizens willing to get involved to actually get something done, and not let the local LE turn this into a cold forgotten case.  IMO!! 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #381 on: September 08, 2009, 04:48:57 PM »

The forensic astrologers over at WS are saying that it's possible that a child in Lindsey's town knows something, and may come forward when school begins.  A child that perhaps has not been able to speak of this, who may come forward to a trusted adult at school. 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #382 on: September 08, 2009, 04:52:39 PM »

Monkeys

I took it upon myself to email Harry Oakes regarding the report that he send to the FBI concerning the canine search for Lindsey Baum.  I specifically asked him about the detection of Lindsey's scent at 6th and Maple and ... then along 6th Street ... as indicated by Kara Kampen on this forum.

The following was not as clear as I had hoped.  However ... it was an appreciated response nevertheless.

Janet

+++++++

RE: LINDSEY BAUM SEARCH‏
Sent: September 8, 2009 12:12:42 PM

we actually tracked up to Beck St then NE To a logging atv road and our search continues there. So far we've located two empty beer bottles, and a track (Scent trail) heading east 6 miles on either a motor cycle or ATV.

we are also (the search dogs) picking up a dead human alert 1/2 mile East of Beck the winds are coming from the south. I can't tell you about anything else we've found. That's been handed over to the McCleary Police.

Note: The death scent on a dead human could be from any "Dead Human" that has died in the area. Not neccessarily the missing child's scent.

Harry

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #383 on: September 08, 2009, 05:18:39 PM »

Wow!  Thanks Janet! 

The local LE reporting that there was no track scent.. because 'their own dogs' didn't pick anything up?  Sigh...

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #384 on: September 08, 2009, 05:25:30 PM »

The forensic astrologers over at WS are saying that it's possible that a child in Lindsey's town knows something, and may come forward when school begins.  A child that perhaps has not been able to speak of this, who may come forward to a trusted adult at school. 

I'm not a big astrology person, but I will say that astrology thread on WS they are pretty good, hopefully that will happen. I have believed all along that someone saw something.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #385 on: September 08, 2009, 05:26:59 PM »

Wow!  Thanks Janet! 

The local LE reporting that there was no track scent.. because 'their own dogs' didn't pick anything up?  Sigh...

Interesting, thanks Janet 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #386 on: September 08, 2009, 05:47:51 PM »

Wow!  Thanks Janet! 

It must be noted that Harry Oakes does not claim in the email sent to me that his dog/s located Lindsey's scent.

I cannot comprehend if Harry Oakes' report claimed that Lindsey's scent was detected on 6th Street ... why the silence from LE?  Was the report not given credibility considering the tracking dogs used by LE/FBI did not detect Lindsey's scent?  Was the report investigated and then disregarded?

The canine search by Harry Oakes has never been mentioned in the media.

Janet

+++++

THE TRACKING DOGS

KOMO News - June 28, 2009

A wide-ranging search was launched early Saturday in the town and the surrounding forests. The town was criss-crossed three times, but not a trace of Lindsey has been found. Even bloodhounds failed to pick up her scent.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49383897.html

The Daily World = July 2, 2009

Scott said authorities have run into several dead ends with almost no signs of the 4-foot-9, brown-haired girl, who was last spotted wearing a blue pullover shirt and blue jeans.

“I don’t know anything more than I knew Saturday afternoon,” he said, “but I’m not willing to admit that I know anything less.”

Scott said bloodhounds traced the route Lindsey took early on from the friend’s house to her own home, but didn’t find any scent. And in places where Lindsey once played — parks and by the creek — Lindsey’s scent has been vanishing.

The loss of scent could be a combination of factors — the heat on the sidewalk could have dissipated it for instance, he said.

http://**/articles/2009/07/02/local_news/doc4a4cf43c1b1dd881132403.txt

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #387 on: September 08, 2009, 05:52:10 PM »

I just can't figure any of this out, it's like let's not talk about anything and all this will go away 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #388 on: September 08, 2009, 06:00:38 PM »

I just can't figure any of this out, it's like let's not talk about anything and all this will go away 

I know what you mean no rose colored glasses

When I compared the news releases by LE in the Haleigh Cummings and Caylee Anthony case with the new releases by McCleary LE ... I get the feeling there is not a sincere effort to solve this case.  The investigators are quietly going through the motions by looking outside McCleary rathering than focusing on those closest to Lindsey.

IMO ... something is not right.

Janet   

_____

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #389 on: September 08, 2009, 06:31:50 PM »

I know what you mean no rose colored glasses

When I compared the news releases by LE in the Haleigh Cummings and Caylee Anthony case with the new releases by McCleary LE ... I get the feeling there is not a sincere effort to solve this case.  The investigators are quietly going through the motions by looking outside McCleary rathering than focusing on those closest to Lindsey.

IMO ... something is not right.

Janet   
Something is definitely not right 
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #390 on: September 08, 2009, 06:32:43 PM »

If they tracked the dogs to a logging trail, then I assume this would mean that LB would have been on foot? Or can the dogs track her if she is in a vehicle? If she was on foot, I cannot see her going there alone. My next question would be, who could get her to walk along with them to this logging trail?
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #391 on: September 08, 2009, 07:20:32 PM »

at 9:15 p.m. it was getting dark.
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #392 on: September 08, 2009, 07:34:49 PM »

From Breanna and JenniferO at WS.......there is a strong possibility there will be a search in McCleary 9/12-9/13....at BearBower Park(meeting up)Please try and spread the word.

Originally Posted by JenniferO 
Email from KK:

Yes there is a search being planned for the 12th and 13th. I was hoping to know by now for sure where it was being held but no one has given me a solid answer. I believe though that it will be held at the park and most likely we will have to utilize the park and an RV.

M was down all day yesterday so I did not get the chance to talk to her but I did just send Linda an email so hopefully I will hear from her soon. If you don't mind you may want to send an email to M and see if she has talked to her uncle about showing up. - Sometimes she just needs a little push or reminder to keep her on track unfortunately though it doesn't seem to work when I do it. Did she give you her card with email? If you didn't get one of them with her email address on it her email addy is <email removed by me> - that email was set up for everything related to Lindsey so it is the one checked regularly.

Let me know if I can help in any way. TTYS
KK
JenniferO wrote:
Unfortunately I personally will not be able to help out on the 12th. My daughter has a soccer game from 11 to around 2. That pretty much eats my whole day. I should be able to make it the 13th.

Breanna wrote:
To add to this Jenn, I just talked with Linda (Amber Dubois' aunt). She confirmed she is coming up here this weekend to help organize the search. It will be the 12th-13th and searcher's need to be at Beerbower Park by 9:00 am.

It would be nice if they could get a donated motor home to do paperwork etc., I'm looking into that for her.

Our conversation was short but she's going to get in touch again and throughout the week. I asked if there was a flyer regarding the search and she said either her or Kara will do one.

I know she doesn't have internet right now but she said she will try and get on and post and do some other stuff.

That's all I know right now. I don't know what they need or what they already have.

I'll try and get more information ASAP.

Maybe if some here are posters on other forums they could help spread the word. Hopefully there will be an official announcement and some information in the news outlets.

post # 572
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88014&page=23

Is KK referring to Kara Kampen?

Is M referring to Melissa Baum?

I hate initials!!!

Thanks Karma.

Janet
Yikes,sorry Janet,I hate the initials thing too.
KK=Kara Kampen
M and MB=Melissa Baum

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #393 on: September 08, 2009, 07:46:22 PM »

Karma, thanks for sharing about the girls in Oregon.  It shows a real need for everyone working on a case to get together and share their info, take each other seriously, not let 'ego' or whatever, get in the way, IMO.  I've seen this happen in other cases, mainly with the local LE, who it seems doesn't want to give up being 'the lead' in a case, that they will solve it without the help of others.  Even when the FBI is called in, they often seem to tussle over what will get done and by whom. 

I know from personal exp where my local LE didn't do all that they could in a case, then dropped it.  It took the mother of the missing to go to the other large newspaper hours away, to get coverage on this case which resulted in some actual action being taken.... which resulted in the recovery of her son's body.  And THEN the local LE sits back and pats themselves on the back.  They were told in no uncertain terms that THEY had done nothing, success was all on the efforts of a licensed private citizen with his search dog, who cared enough to do something.  And the mother has filed a huge lawsuit against the local LE for their lack of action. 

Burns me up when some folks do nothing and when success eventually happens, try to take credit for it. 

It's been discussed in other cases how local LE can at times have HUGE egos, but they do little to nothing, the case gets solved by other folks, while local LE steps in and takes the credit, without giving a mention of credit where due.   This happened in the Laci Peterson case, where the psychic is the one who initially gave info where her body was.  It took forever for local LE to finally check it out.  When Laci's body was found, downstream, never was there a mention by the local LE who actually led them to that area.  They took the credit for themselves. 

I know the important thing is that the missing person is found, not who the credit for the find goes to.  If a family has been waiting for months/years, with nothing being done, and someone else comes along and solves the case, bringing the family info, a sense of peace and closure... that is something tho.  And local LE, IMO, ought not act all proud when they didn't do a dang thing in helping to bring the family that sense of closure. 

Anyway, thanks again for bringing us the info about the girls in Oregon.  Cuz this same kind of thing could be going on in Lindsey's town.  And if so, it's likely gonna take the efforts of some good ole' regular citizens willing to get involved to actually get something done, and not let the local LE turn this into a cold forgotten case.  IMO!! 

I totally agree Wyks
At the last community search in McCleary,most of the searchers and volunteers came from every where BUT from McCleary.I realize McCleary only has about 1500 or so people living there but c'mon!
The only one I ever see constantly by Melissa Baum's side is Kara K.
I really do not understand this at all.I feel even Lindsey's Dad Scott(in the National Guard)could be doing more.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #394 on: September 08, 2009, 07:47:23 PM »

I sure hope this happens and a friend does come forward with some info.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #395 on: September 08, 2009, 07:51:07 PM »

Monkeys

I took it upon myself to email Harry Oakes regarding the report that he send to the FBI concerning the canine search for Lindsey Baum.  I specifically asked him about the detection of Lindsey's scent at 6th and Maple and ... then along 6th Street ... as indicated by Kara Kampen on this forum.

The following was not as clear as I had hoped.  However ... it was an appreciated response nevertheless.

Janet

+++++++

we actually tracked up to Beck St then NE To a logging atv road and our search continues there. So far we've located two empty beer bottles, and a track (Scent trail) heading east 6 miles on either a motor cycle or ATV.

we are also (the search dogs) picking up a dead human alert 1/2 mile East of Beck the winds are coming from the south. I can't tell you about anything else we've found. That's been handed over to the McCleary Police.

Note: The death scent on a dead human could be from any "Dead Human" that has died in the area. Not neccessarily the missing child's scent.

Harry

Whoaaa,thank you Janet!
We'll have to get a map of this with Beck street on it and try to see if we see anything.I can't figure out why the local LE seem so.....uninvolved?WTH!
I'll check it out tomorrow,gotta go and get ready for bed.....4:30 AM comes too soon.
Thanks again sweety

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #396 on: September 08, 2009, 07:54:57 PM »

Monkeys

Janet

+++++++

Harry

Beck ST. runs in the same direction as Mommsen ST.(Lindsey's street)and is one street over from Mommsen ST.

Karma Is Coming

KONAMOCHA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #397 on: September 08, 2009, 07:56:22 PM »

I am really surprised that Harry gave you that information since he is bound by the contract not to discuss his findings with anyone but LE & FBI   

Quote from: doubledecker
on 09-23-2009 at 09:59:00 PM

I have enough information now I believe I might know exactly where someone should go search...if anyone reads this, is there locally, able to actually go to where I point out, and will put aside all the bs and just go out there, I will tell you where to go.
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #398 on: September 08, 2009, 08:01:24 PM »

If they tracked the dogs to a logging trail, then I assume this would mean that LB would have been on foot? Or can the dogs track her if she is in a vehicle? If she was on foot, I cannot see her going there alone. My next question would be, who could get her to walk along with them to this logging trail?
Harry said she possibly was on a motorcycle or a ATV.I wonder if it was someone she knew because how would they get her on either a MC or ATV if they knocked her out?

Karma Is Coming

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #399 on: September 08, 2009, 08:02:17 PM »

Karma ... thanks.  I was wondering where Beck was.

Is Harry Oaks' claim that the dog/s followed a death scent for quite a way implying a body was being transported along Beck?

I wish Mr. Oaks had responded to my 6th Street query.

Janet

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.