March 19, 2024, 02:10:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 4 8/26/09 - 9/28/09  (Read 479685 times)
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #400 on: September 08, 2009, 08:04:05 PM »

I am really surprised that Harry gave you that information since he is bound by the contract not to discuss his findings with anyone but LE & FBI   
Harry also gave a copy of the report to Kara K.(and discussed it with her) so I don't know?

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #401 on: September 08, 2009, 08:07:24 PM »

I am really surprised that Harry gave you that information since he is bound by the contract not to discuss his findings with anyone but LE & FBI   

KONAMOCHA

According to Kara Kampen ... Harry Oakes was hired independent of LE/FBI by Melissa Baum.

Anyways ... he did not reveal to me in the email anything pertaining to the report that he submitted to LE.

Janet

++++++

KaraK
Re: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09
« Reply #1012 on: July 04, 2009, 10:27:20 PM »

I do want to let you know I just had a visitor that Lindsey's family hired - an independent tracker renowned for helping where others have failed

http://www.k9sardog.com/harryoakes.html

and he says he picked up a scent nearly the same as I was told before. He cut his usual fee and is currently trying to track using his trained dogs. Pray he finds something that the others have missed!!!

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg864394#msg864394

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
KONAMOCHA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #402 on: September 08, 2009, 08:09:15 PM »

wow, that is very odd ....hmmmm

makes my wheels turn very fast just thinking about it

Quote from: doubledecker
on 09-23-2009 at 09:59:00 PM

I have enough information now I believe I might know exactly where someone should go search...if anyone reads this, is there locally, able to actually go to where I point out, and will put aside all the bs and just go out there, I will tell you where to go.
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #403 on: September 08, 2009, 08:09:40 PM »

Karma ... thanks.  I was wondering where Beck was.

Is Harry Oaks' claim that the dog/s followed a death scent for quite a way implying a body was being transported along Beck?

I wish Mr. Oaks had responded to my 6th Street query.

Janet
From my understanding of his email response,it sounds like there is/was a dead body in the woods.The dogs may have been scenting on the death smell(winds blowing the scent around).
It sounds to me that the dogs were first tracking a live Lindsey scent then they were scenting on a dead body in the woods.

we actually tracked up to Beck St then NE To a logging atv road and our search continues there. So far we've located two empty beer bottles, and a track (Scent trail) heading east 6 miles on either a motor cycle or ATV.

we are also (the search dogs) picking up a dead human alert 1/2 mile East of Beck the winds are coming from the south. I can't tell you about anything else we've found. That's been handed over to the McCleary Police.

Note: The death scent on a dead human could be from any "Dead Human" that has died in the area. Not neccessarily the missing child's scent.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #404 on: September 08, 2009, 08:17:56 PM »

Harry also gave a copy of the report to Kara K.(and discussed it with her) so I don't know?

Karma ... the following are the posts submitted to SM where Kara discusses the 6th Street route/search.  Was it on another forum that Kara claims she received a report?  Maybe she shared this info DD.

Janet

++++++

KARA KAMPEN:  THE WITNESS - THE DOGS - THE SIXTH STREET ROUTE/SEARCH?

KaraK
« Reply #350 on: July 01, 2009, 05:25:22 PM »

For some of the other posters regarding the camera's and Lindsey's route: From a possible witness on the night that Lindsey disappeared she did not take her regular route home. If that is true she would not have had to come through an area where she would have been picked up on those camera's. Instead she would have been headed up 6th street hill into a strictly residential area where there are no businesses which would be consistent with the original trail said to have been picked up by the dogs.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg860401#msg860401

KaraK
« Reply #992 on: July 04, 2009, 09:13:38 PM »

When Lindsey left my house she headed down maple street - my daughter watched her until the neighbors trees got in the way that would have been before she hit the corner of 7th and Maple. Either route she took either straight home or up 6th she would have had to walk down Maple street a ways.

Originally I was told that they picked up Lindsey's scent on the corner of 6th and Maple (near Beehive retirement center) and it went up 6th street (so to me that is a right onto 6th street) I was even told another location nearer to her house where they picked up her scent as well. They are no longer saying this and are now saying the dogs never picked up a scent (that's impossible isn't it????) So I am confused and not sure now what the real story is.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg864342#msg864342

KaraK
« Reply #1012 on: July 04, 2009, 10:27:20 PM »

I do want to let you know I just had a visitor that Lindsey's family hired - an independent tracker renowned for helping where others have failed http://www.k9sardog.com/harryoakes.html and he says he picked up a scent nearly the same as I was told before. He cut his usual fee and is currently trying to track using his trained dogs. Pray he finds something that the others have missed!!!

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg864394#msg864394

KaraK
« Reply #1152 on: July 05, 2009, 06:12:45 PM »

Absolutely - don't worry about me just do what you guys have to do. - I stand by what I was told early on about where Lindsey's scent was picked up but I will have to confirm direction with Mr. Oakes if I get to see him again as far as the most recent trail that was picked up. He never actually mentioned a scent on Pine or anything like that simply 6th and then he too mentioned and searched the same area past her house that was picked up by the original dogs. If I can talk to him I will try to confirm exactly where the scent led and if it seemed to be a solid trail.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg865282#msg865282

KaraK
« Reply #1229 on: July 05, 2009, 10:27:51 PM »

I am a bit confused now as to where the eye witness says she saw Lindsey. I would strongly suggest if my information is the only one throwing the witness accounts off base then I would ignore what I said. I did not see Lindsey after she left so I could not accurately attest to which direction she headed. I had thought that the witness originally stated going up 6th but I have not been able to find where I read that so maybe I did not. That is why it seemed to add up with what I was told early on about the tracking dogs... This is my major gray area so I should probably refrain from speculating since now I seem to be the one adding a "rumored" account.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg865710#msg865710

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #405 on: September 08, 2009, 08:19:57 PM »

Monkeys

I took it upon myself to email Harry Oakes regarding the report that he send to the FBI concerning the canine search for Lindsey Baum.  I specifically asked him about the detection of Lindsey's scent at 6th and Maple and ... then along 6th Street ... as indicated by Kara Kampen on this forum.

The following was not as clear as I had hoped.  However ... it was an appreciated response nevertheless.

Janet

+++++++

RE: LINDSEY BAUM SEARCH‏
Sent: September 8, 2009 12:12:42 PM

we actually tracked up to Beck St then NE To a logging atv road and our search continues there. So far we've located two empty beer bottles, and a track (Scent trail) heading east 6 miles on either a motor cycle or ATV.

we are also (the search dogs) picking up a dead human alert 1/2 mile East of Beck the winds are coming from the south. I can't tell you about anything else we've found. That's been handed over to the McCleary Police.

Note: The death scent on a dead human could be from any "Dead Human" that has died in the area. Not neccessarily the missing child's scent.

Harry

BUMPED!!

_____

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #406 on: September 08, 2009, 08:28:26 PM »

KONAMOCHA

According to Kara Kampen ... Harry Oakes was hired independent of LE/FBI by Melissa Baum.

Anyways ... he did not reveal to me in the email anything pertaining to the report that he submitted to LE.

Janet

Janet, I am confused.  Are you saying what he revealed to you in the e-mail he didn't include in his report to LE or the FBI?
I sure appreciate you e-mailing him and getting a response.  I'm surprised he would respond to an e-mail because you could have been anyone (I know you're someone, not meaning that), but goodness, how would he know you weren't the perp?

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #407 on: September 08, 2009, 08:41:02 PM »

I suppose because he was hired by MelissaB he could give it out to whomever she said.  I'm not sure how that works.

KONAMOCHA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #408 on: September 08, 2009, 08:43:08 PM »

I don't believe Harry gave a copy to KK...

It is more likely that MB gave her a copy

He is only allowed to share with the person that hired him (family), LE & FBI

I have enough information now I believe I might know exactly where someone should go search...if anyone reads this, is there locally, able to actually go to where I point out, and will put aside all the bs and just go out there, I will tell you where to go.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #409 on: September 08, 2009, 08:47:16 PM »

KONAMOCHA

Janet

Janet, I am confused.  Are you saying what he revealed to you in the e-mail he didn't include in his report to LE or the FBI?
I sure appreciate you e-mailing him and getting a response.  I'm surprised he would respond to an e-mail because you could have been anyone (I know you're someone, not meaning that), but goodness, how would he know you weren't the perp?

Sister

Harry Oakes words imply to me that he is sharing regarding a death scent detection by his dogs that may or may not be Lindsey.

However .... I requested info regarding info on the Sixth Street canine search in my correspondence.  I would imagine that this is the info that he included in his report to the McCleary Police ... info he did not reveal to me.

I contend that Harry Oakes sharing the outcome of his canine search on Beck with me is no different that the LE affording the media info regarding the outcome of the searches by their tracking dogs. 

Janet

_____

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #410 on: September 08, 2009, 08:50:33 PM »

I don't believe Harry gave a copy to KK...

It is more likely that MB gave her a copy

He is only allowed to share with the person that hired him (family), LE & FBI

Konamocha-  first off, welcome! 

I have a question - you seem upset that the information was released to a member via email.  What is your reason for that?  To me, it seems like any information that could help searchers from here or ws or anywhere who are putting feet on the ground could only benefit by some new information and guidance.  Are you a local in McCleary?  Are you a law enforcement person or law person and that is why this disturbs/shocks you? 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #411 on: September 08, 2009, 08:58:24 PM »

I suppose because he was hired by MelissaB he could give it out to whomever she said.  I'm not sure how that works.

Could it be that monies were never exchanged between Melissa Baum and Harry Oakes and ... therefore the info is his to do with as he wishes.

Just a thought.

Janet

_____

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #412 on: September 08, 2009, 08:58:28 PM »

KONAMOCHA

Janet

Sister

Harry Oakes words imply to me that he is sharing regarding a death scent detection by his dogs that may or may not be Lindsey.

However .... I requested info regarding info on the Sixth Street canine search in my correspondence.  I would imagine that this is the info that he included in his report to the McCleary Police ... info he did not reveal to me.

I contend that Harry Oakes sharing the outcome of his canine search on Beck with me is no different that the LE affording the media info regarding the outcome of the searches by their tracking dogs. 

Janet

Janet, I understand what you are saying, but I remain confused nonetheless.  If he is sharing information with you, to me the word sharing means it was also sent to LE and the FBI.  Assuredly, the info regarding any death scent detection would be included in such a report.
I'm glad he shared with you; however, it is totally different than LE affording the media info because Oakes is a private investigator and therefore his information does not fall into requests made by the media under the Freedom of Information Act.  He runs a for-profit business and not a non-profit, thereby confidentiality is generally (of course not always) protected.
Good job researching!

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #413 on: September 08, 2009, 09:00:56 PM »

What contract?  KONAMOCHA ... please explain.

Thanks

Janet

_____

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #414 on: September 08, 2009, 09:21:59 PM »

Thanks

Janet

omg, do you think he worked without a contract?? yipes!

KONAMOCHA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #415 on: September 08, 2009, 09:26:50 PM »

Harry can only be hired by family or LE.

He can only give what he finds to the family or LE

He as a business is required to sign a contract concerning his fees and confidentiality about his findings.

I am not LE

Yes I am a local

I am upset ... mostly because now you are going to have ppl that don't know what they are doing that read these forums out there in the vicinity disturbing possible evidence because they have not been taught what to look for and to not touch anything !!

per his emails :

Part 1:

To: "Harry Oakes" ((edit))
Date: Monday, September 7, 2009, 5:28 PM

Harry,

I just heard that you may have been the private search team that came up here looking for clues about Lindsey.

I hope they were right and that you were able to find anything that would help bring her home.

If the rumor is wrong please let me know so I can set them straight on the online forums.

Hope you had a great weekend

Part 2:

Date: 9/7/2009 8:37:01 PM

Subject: Re: Lindsey Baum

I've donated  33.20 hours traveling a total of 910 miles
Donating $7000.00 in services to this search. All of my findings have been turned over to the McCleary City PD and FBI.
thanks
harry

Part 3 :

To: "Harry Oakes" ((edit))
Date: Monday, September 7, 2009, 9:14 PM

I personally want to say thank you !!

All help is greatly appreciated and I am so glad that they contacted you finally to help with the search for Lindsey.

My heart sinks everyday that she is not home with her mother.

Thank You Harry !!

Part 4:

Date: 9/8/2009 1:19:49 AM

Mine too
thank you
harry

« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 10:25:16 PM by klaasend » Logged

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #416 on: September 08, 2009, 09:29:54 PM »

Thanks

Janet

omg, do you think he worked without a contract?? yipes!

I don't have a clue.  However ... KONAMOCHA ... seem to know something about "the" contact.

Considering Melissa Baum's financial position ... I thought maybe Harry Oakes may have conducted the independent search without charging a fee and ... therefore there was no  contract ... no confidentiality agreement.

Just speculating why Mr. Oakes would freely reveal information.

Janet

_____

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #417 on: September 08, 2009, 09:35:05 PM »

Janet, even if no fee, that doesn't necessarily translate to no contract or no confidentiality, does it?

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #418 on: September 08, 2009, 09:49:08 PM »

Janet, even if no fee, that doesn't necessarily translate to no contract or no confidentiality, does it?

Sister

I was just attempting to justify why Harry Oakes would reveal to me ... a stranger ... infomation regarding the outcome of his search in the Lindsey Baum case.

If there was no confidentiality agreement and ... he did the search at his own expense ... he has every right to reveal his findings to whomever he pleases and whatever organization he pleases.

However ... if there was a contract ... a confidentiality agreement ... Harry Oakes was wrong when he revealed his findings outside Melissa Baum, LE and the FBI.

IMO

Janet

+++++

<snipped>

Part 2:

Date: 9/7/2009 8:37:01 PM

I've donated  33.20 hours traveling a total of 910 miles
Donating $7000.00 in services to this search. All of my findings have been turned over to the McCleary City PD and FBI.
thanks
harry

<snipped>

_____

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #419 on: September 08, 2009, 09:57:59 PM »

Janet, do you know if there was or wasn't a contract?  When you go to his site, it appears he is quite a professional, therefore, even though he is a very generous man by donating his services, that doesn't mean there is no contract.
But even if there is no contract, why do you suppose he would wait all this time to reveal publicly his findings?  So on which day of his searches do you think he discovered these things, July or August?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.