March 19, 2024, 02:22:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 4 8/26/09 - 9/28/09  (Read 479688 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #580 on: September 11, 2009, 08:20:39 PM »

Good to see ya Leroy!!  Finished growing into those ears yet?    

I now have a grand-fur-baby!  10 wk old Husky, pure white, one blue eye.  He's sooooo sweet! 
And his ears point straight up too.  Kinda wonder how long it will take him to grow into them.  lol

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #581 on: September 11, 2009, 08:22:00 PM »

Welcome to all our new monkeys!   

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #582 on: September 11, 2009, 08:27:23 PM »

I now have a grand-fur-baby!  10 wk old Husky, pure white, one blue eye.  He's sooooo sweet! 
And his ears point straight up too.  Kinda wonder how long it will take him to grow into them.  lol

Hi Wyks - good to see you too!  Leroy just turned a year and still hasnt grown into his ears...lol.  Maybe someday.  I would love a pure white husky - how adorable...please post pics in the fur baby thread sometime - I would love to see him!!

By the way, great post and I couldn't have said it better.  I like DD's style of researching and also Janets.  I've been reading Janets posts in the NH thread for quite some time.

As you said, its the post not the poster necessarily.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #583 on: September 11, 2009, 08:43:54 PM »

does anyone know off the top of their head how long a death scent will stay in the air of a certain area until it dissipates?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #584 on: September 11, 2009, 08:50:23 PM »

does anyone know off the top of their head how long a death scent will stay in the air of a certain area until it dissipates?

I am not sure sunshine.

I just find the timing and the location of the death scent detected by Harry Oakes' dog/s very suspicious.

I just hope LE/FBI took Mr. Oakes' findings seriously and checked it out.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #585 on: September 11, 2009, 08:55:00 PM »

I am not sure sunshine.

I just find the timing and the location of the death scent detected by Harry Oakes' dog/s very suspicious.

Janet

I sure hope so also.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #586 on: September 11, 2009, 09:08:05 PM »

Hi Wyks - good to see you too!  Leroy just turned a year and still hasnt grown into his ears...lol.  Maybe someday.  I would love a pure white husky - how adorable...please post pics in the fur baby thread sometime - I would love to see him!!

By the way, great post and I couldn't have said it better.  I like DD's style of researching and also Janets.  I've been reading Janets posts in the NH thread for quite some time.

As you said, its the post not the poster necessarily.

Thanks! 

Well Leroy is turning into such a handsome boy!  I remember when he was a bitty thing.  lol I'll post pics of the pup when my son can wrest himself away long enough to take pics.  He's gone completely gaga over that pup.  lol 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #587 on: September 11, 2009, 09:18:07 PM »

From what I understand about cadaver dogs, researchers have been studying this very thing.  Am not sure if they've come up with any results yet, haven't heard if they have. 
Sometime back, in another missing person's case, a similiar question to yours was asked of Maria Claxton, of the South Carolina Search and Rescue Dog Association.  Here's what she said:

"Cadaver dogs can find the remains of people who have been dead for years or even decades. But it's much harder for the dogs if the bulk of the remains are gone. In that case, they can pick up the scent from small amounts of body tissue, like a blood stain or nail clippings, or even from materials that came into contact with the tissue. But in the absence of an actual body, the smell of death will dissipate."

"Researchers are trying to determine how long the scent lingers when the body is no longer present, but there are no conclusive results yet—it may be two weeks, or it may be longer."

DMCLEAN42
Scared Monkey

« Reply #588 on: September 11, 2009, 09:22:18 PM »

Wow... This is a confusing case. Poor Melissa Baum. And Who the hell is Melissa McCann? To me she makes Melissa Baum sound guilty as hell.  If i was a parent I would be all over the news, doing interviews with nancy grace, heading up searches, searching MYSELF, posting flyers, organizing as many Vigils as i could.  I wouldnt stop.  The police department would be tired of me calling.  Is Meliisa doing everything she can?  I am not pointing fingers.  I never questioned her in my mind at ALL unitl i read what Melissa Mccann wrote on a different page.  If i were law enforcement, and read that stuff, I would find Miss Mccan and question her whereabouts. hmmm...
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #589 on: September 11, 2009, 09:33:24 PM »

I am not sure sunshine.

Janet

What seems odd to me, is that it seems LE has not publically made any mention of what Mr Oakes dogs found.  LE has mentioned 'their dogs' did not pick any scent, isn't that right?  I just find it real hard to believe that LE's dogs didn't even pick up the scent of Lindsey walking to her friends house, let alone away from it.  Then I have to think, maybe they did, and they don't want the public to know?  And if so, why not?   

My mind is spinning on the differing reports of the dogs.  They didn't.  They did.  Up this street, down that one. 

Sooooooo confusing when we read reports such as Mr Oakes, where his dogs DID pick up a scent.  Why wouldn't LE just say that then?   Is it a slap to their own egos, that other dogs picked up the scent when their own didn't?  If that's the case, LE needs to get over it already!!

IMO, if Lindsey's scent was picked up, by any of the dogs no matter who they belong to, that area NEEDS to be gone over and gone over again by LE.  All egos aside.  One 'would think' that surelyyyyyy LE would have done that.  And yet.... sigh.  Tragically, what one would expect doesn't always get done by some LE, for whatever reason/s. 

All IMO. 

love4ever
Scared Monkey

« Reply #590 on: September 11, 2009, 09:50:27 PM »

I think that any of us could do what DD did? Talk to the source directly? If people want to know if josh was home, call LE? Or like DD said email Melissa Baum? There is no sense to keep running in a vicious circle because you will get the same answer unless you are willing to do the work to get it yourself. Questioning what one says is somewhat discerning when all you have to do is call or email yourself? Just like Janet did when she emailed Harry Oakes...Doesn't that make sense? I think it does. You can email Melissa or call LE just like Janet emailed harry oakes, there it is, there is where your answer lies...
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #591 on: September 11, 2009, 09:52:16 PM »

i am definitely put off by the lack of information from the police in this case. the only reason i can think of that they didnt comment on Mr. Oakes search results could be because it wasn't an official search done through the police or fbi and they cant release info done by other people for legal reasons..i have no clue though. it still makes me upset! 

i also think they could be withholding this info for fear that the perp would go and move the remains or go back and clean up possible evidence. 

i agree with tamikosmom that the timing, Mr. Oakes' dog tracing her scent and then the dog picking up the "death scent" is all a little too coincidental to me, but again, the forest is a large area and it is possible that the "death scent" is from someone else...ugh.
love4ever
Scared Monkey

« Reply #592 on: September 11, 2009, 10:01:00 PM »

We need to keep moving in Lindseys case, unlike Sandra Cantu, sweet lil soul, we know where she is, Lindsey is still not found, we waste precious time when we go over something over and over, which one can find out for themselves. If one of us talks to someone on the phone, we don't record it, so we can't prove it, that is just common sense, and useless sense to keep bringing it up just because someone said they talked to a source. If we want to know we need to ask ourselves. again, Lindsey has not been found, we need to keep progressing on her behalf, not regress, it is wasted time that we could be moving forward in research..

Just for the record, if someone emailed me, told me things, I would let you know that I did speak with someone. However if the source requested the information not be posted, than out of respect for the person giving the information and LINDSEY, then there should be an understanding that this info is to be private. furthermore, as I have said, if any of us want to know we would have to go to the source as well and get that info for ourselves like Janet did with Mr. Oakes.

The above mention of communication with outside sources is proven when DD posted Troy Green's emails back and forth. There was a mutual understanding in doing this, it is out of respect for the person offering the information, which as you all know is greatly appreciated. I know if someone emailed me, I would not wait for them to ask me if I could reveal the information as how I see fit, but I would ask them if it was ok to post on a public forum.
love4ever
Scared Monkey

« Reply #593 on: September 11, 2009, 10:02:45 PM »

i am definitely put off by the lack of information from the police in this case. the only reason i can think of that they didnt comment on Mr. Oakes search results could be because it wasn't an official search done through the police or fbi and they cant release info done by other people for legal reasons..i have no clue though. it still makes me upset! 

i also think they could be withholding this info for fear that the perp would go and move the remains or go back and clean up possible evidence. 

i agree with tamikosmom that the timing, Mr. Oakes' dog tracing her scent and then the dog picking up the "death scent" is all a little too coincidental to me, but again, the forest is a large area and it is possible that the "death scent" is from someone else...ugh.

Yea that actually makes my stomach turn...if it were to be true
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #594 on: September 11, 2009, 10:03:16 PM »

I think that any of us could do what DD did? Talk to the source directly? If people want to know if josh was home, call LE? Or like DD said email Melissa Baum? There is no sense to keep running in a vicious circle because you will get the same answer unless you are willing to do the work to get it yourself. Questioning what one says is somewhat discerning when all you have to do is call or email yourself? Just like Janet did when she emailed Harry Oakes...Doesn't that make sense? I think it does. You can email Melissa or call LE just like Janet emailed harry oakes, there it is, there is where your answer lies...

love4ever

I emailed Harry Oakes and got a response.  I then shared the information with the forum and ... revealed my source.  Hey ... I copied and pasted the entire email.  It never occured to me to keep my source hidden.  I thought this was what a forum was all about.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #595 on: September 11, 2009, 10:08:45 PM »

love4ever

How do I obtain Melissa's email?  I will share with the forum anything case related that Melissa reveals.  If it is confidential ... I will not share anything at all.

Thanks

Janet

_____

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #596 on: September 11, 2009, 10:08:58 PM »

i agree that we need to move forward with this case love4ever and start looking at other avenues.  i think tamikosmom's response from Mr. Oakes could be a very promising lead.  in my opinion, its one of the most substantial pieces of info we have gotten so far.
love4ever
Scared Monkey

« Reply #597 on: September 11, 2009, 10:12:20 PM »

love4ever

I emailed Harry Oakes and got a response.  I then shared the information with the forum and ... revealed my source.  Hey ... I copied and pasted the entire email.  It never occured to me to keep my source hidden.  I thought this was what a forum was all about.

Janet

There are reasons that some research is not revealed, sometimes it is kept so that the continued source-researcher can continue, in which could provide valuable information, It is not kept so that no one knows, this is a missing childs case, this is precious it is not something to take lightly, and if you have a source talking and has asked not have their information revealed then there has to be some respect for that. I don't recall you mentioning that Mr. Oakes asked for such exclusion from a public forum, so that was left up to you. all I am saying is if someone asked ME not too, I wouldn't. If I am wrong or indifferent, than so be it, I just find it something I value in the way I research.
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #598 on: September 11, 2009, 10:13:00 PM »

love4ever

Janet

Janet - still dying to know what you asked him that he answered.  But, I am like you - not afraid to write and ask for information.  I  only get answers maybe 75% of the time.  So, I would love to see your technique to learn from!
Now, if it is a reporter who writes back, unless they say not to share - I don't bother them asking if it is okay to post their note.  (Usually do this on story going cold to keep them interested too!).....but, did you ask him if it was okay to share - or do you view him answering you as I do a reporter.  I think with him, I would have asked - but that might be me being over-protective like my kids like to call me!
love4ever
Scared Monkey

« Reply #599 on: September 11, 2009, 10:18:17 PM »

So where shall we begin?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.