March 18, 2024, 08:42:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 4 8/26/09 - 9/28/09  (Read 479627 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #600 on: September 11, 2009, 10:23:30 PM »

does anyone know off the top of their head how long a death scent will stay in the air of a certain area until it dissipates?

I am not sure sunshine.

I just find the timing and the location of the death scent detected by Harry Oakes' dog/s very suspicious.

I just hope LE/FBI took Mr. Oakes' findings seriously and checked it out.

Janet

What seems odd to me, is that it seems LE has not publically made any mention of what Mr Oakes dogs found.  LE has mentioned 'their dogs' did not pick any scent, isn't that right?  I just find it real hard to believe that LE's dogs didn't even pick up the scent of Lindsey walking to her friends house, let alone away from it.  Then I have to think, maybe they did, and they don't want the public to know?  And if so, why not?   

My mind is spinning on the differing reports of the dogs.  They didn't.  They did.  Up this street, down that one. 

Sooooooo confusing when we read reports such as Mr Oakes, where his dogs DID pick up a scent.  Why wouldn't LE just say that then?   Is it a slap to their own egos, that other dogs picked up the scent when their own didn't?  If that's the case, LE needs to get over it already!!

IMO, if Lindsey's scent was picked up, by any of the dogs no matter who they belong to, that area NEEDS to be gone over and gone over again by LE.  All egos aside.  One 'would think' that surelyyyyyy LE would have done that.  And yet.... sigh.  Tragically, what one would expect doesn't always get done by some LE, for whatever reason/s. 

All IMO. 

Wyks

Sister noted something very interesting in one of KaraK posts.  It appears that the LE/FBI originally told Kara that Lindsey's scent was detected on Sixth street and near the Baum residence by the dogs.  Then it was changed to "nothing" was detected.

Janet

++++++++

KARA KAMPEN

KaraK
Re: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09
« Reply #992 on: July 04, 2009, 09:13:38 PM »

When Lindsey left my house she headed down maple street - my daughter watched her until the neighbors trees got in the way that would have been before she hit the corner of 7th and Maple. Either route she took either straight home or up 6th she would have had to walk down Maple street a ways.

Originally I was told that they picked up Lindsey's scent on the corner of 6th and Maple (near Beehive retirement center) and it went up 6th street (so to me that is a right onto 6th street) I was even told another location nearer to her house where they picked up her scent as well. They are no longer saying this and are now saying the dogs never picked up a scent (that's impossible isn't it????) So I am confused and not sure now what the real story is.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg864342#msg864342

KaraK
« Reply #1012 on: July 04, 2009, 10:27:20 PM »

I do want to let you know I just had a visitor that Lindsey's family hired - an independent tracker renowned for helping where others have failed http://www.k9sardog.com/harryoakes.html and he says he picked up a scent nearly the same as I was told before. He cut his usual fee and is currently trying to track using his trained dogs. Pray he finds something that the others have missed!!!

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg864394#msg864394

SHERIFF RICK SCOTT

KOMO News - June 28, 2009

A wide-ranging search was launched early Saturday in the town and the surrounding forests. The town was criss-crossed three times, but not a trace of Lindsey has been found. Even bloodhounds failed to pick up her scent.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49383897.html

The Daily World = July 2, 2009

Scott said authorities have run into several dead ends with almost no signs of the 4-foot-9, brown-haired girl, who was last spotted wearing a blue pullover shirt and blue jeans.

“I don’t know anything more than I knew Saturday afternoon,” he said, “but I’m not willing to admit that I know anything less.”

Scott said bloodhounds traced the route Lindsey took early on from the friend’s house to her own home, but didn’t find any scent. And in places where Lindsey once played — parks and by the creek — Lindsey’s scent has been vanishing.

The loss of scent could be a combination of factors — the heat on the sidewalk could have dissipated it for instance, he said.

http://**/articles/2009/07/02/local_news/doc4a4cf43c1b1dd881132403.txt

TRACKING DOGS - KARA KAMPEN

KaraK

When Lindsey left my house she headed down maple street - my daughter watched her until the neighbors trees got in the way that would have been before she hit the corner of 7th and Maple. Either route she took either straight home or up 6th she would have had to walk down Maple street a ways.

Originally I was told that they picked up Lindsey's scent on the corner of 6th and Maple (near Beehive retirement center) and it went up 6th street (so to me that is a right onto 6th street) I was even told another location nearer to her house where they picked up her scent as well. They are no longer saying this and are now saying the dogs never picked up a scent (that's impossible isn't it????) So I am confused and not sure now what the real story is.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
shortcake
Scared Monkey

« Reply #601 on: September 11, 2009, 10:24:19 PM »

DD

I provide the forum with the source of speculations.  Each poster ... including you ...  is free to accept or reject my backup.

However ... when you claim that Josh was home when Lindsey left the Kampen residence on the evening she when missing and fail to provide backup ...

Am I making sense?

Janet

I think you make a lot of sense, Janet.  I do not post a lot, but try to follow this thread regularly.  I feel you add a lot by your questions, as I have had a few of them myself.  I feel DD may be trying to bulldoze you.  I hope not.  Don't let that happen as this thread needs all the questions it can stir up to hopely find Lindsey, whatever the outcome.  Keep up your good work.  Shortcake
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #602 on: September 11, 2009, 10:26:47 PM »

Here is a map that DD had posted in the photos/maps thread.Shows Beck ST. up from Mommsen ST.
Looks like 1st ST. goes from Beck to Mommsen,almost right in front of Lindsey's house.

BUMP
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #603 on: September 11, 2009, 10:27:20 PM »

Here is a map that DD had posted in the photos/maps thread.Shows Beck ST. up from Mommsen ST.
Looks like 1st ST. goes from Beck to Mommsen,almost right in front of Lindsey's house.

BUMP

oh crap i totally messed that up..let me fix it. sry.
love4ever
Scared Monkey

« Reply #604 on: September 11, 2009, 10:30:11 PM »

wow, unreal...G'bye..
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #605 on: September 11, 2009, 10:31:12 PM »

it's possible that LE told karak not to talk about the dog scents on public forums, but she apparently shared the report of the Mr. Oakes dogs to DD and a member of another forum, maybe the recent searches were based off some of that information?
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #606 on: September 11, 2009, 10:31:49 PM »

wow, unreal...G'bye..

what happened?
love4ever
Scared Monkey

« Reply #607 on: September 11, 2009, 10:32:45 PM »

BUMP

This is what I was hoping for to research, but I can not stay here with the other nonsense..
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #608 on: September 11, 2009, 10:34:38 PM »

shortcake-arent you a friend of ML who confirmed her lie about that TAG guy or whatever that DD confirmed was a lie??
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #609 on: September 11, 2009, 10:38:38 PM »

shortcake-arent you a friend of ML who confirmed her lie about that TAG guy or whatever that DD confirmed was a lie??

i believe you contributed to the story of the man who was allegedly living with KaraK.  I think the readers here deserve to know what ever happened with that rumor and why the need to make things up, I believe it has been proved wrong.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #610 on: September 11, 2009, 10:43:12 PM »

I think that any of us could do what DD did? Talk to the source directly? If people want to know if josh was home, call LE? Or like DD said email Melissa Baum? There is no sense to keep running in a vicious circle because you will get the same answer unless you are willing to do the work to get it yourself. Questioning what one says is somewhat discerning when all you have to do is call or email yourself? Just like Janet did when she emailed Harry Oakes...Doesn't that make sense? I think it does. You can email Melissa or call LE just like Janet emailed harry oakes, there it is, there is where your answer lies...

love4ever

I emailed Harry Oakes and got a response.  I then shared the information with the forum and ... revealed my source.  Hey ... I copied and pasted the entire email.  It never occured to me to keep my source hidden.  I thought this was what a forum was all about.

Janet

Janet - still dying to know what you asked him that he answered.  But, I am like you - not afraid to write and ask for information.  I  only get answers maybe 75% of the time.  So, I would love to see your technique to learn from!
Now, if it is a reporter who writes back, unless they say not to share - I don't bother them asking if it is okay to post their note.  (Usually do this on story going cold to keep them interested too!).....but, did you ask him if it was okay to share - or do you view him answering you as I do a reporter.  I think with him, I would have asked - but that might be me being over-protective like my kids like to call me!

I do not have the exact wording ... I should have sent a copy to myself.  Anyways the drift was very simple.  Considering the findings of LE/FBI canine search were negative ... maybe the report on Harry Oakes' canine search on Sixth Street would have the ability to spark renewed interest if it went public.

Mr. Oaks did not acknowledge the Sixth Street search in his response.  Out of the blue he shared aspects of the Beck Street death scent.  I had never read anything pertaining to a search on Beck Street.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #611 on: September 11, 2009, 10:54:59 PM »

DD

I provide the forum with the source of speculations.  Each poster ... including you ...  is free to accept or reject my backup.

However ... when you claim that Josh was home when Lindsey left the Kampen residence on the evening she when missing and fail to provide backup ...

Am I making sense?

Janet

I think you make a lot of sense, Janet.  I do not post a lot, but try to follow this thread regularly.  I feel you add a lot by your questions, as I have had a few of them myself.  I feel DD may be trying to bulldoze you.  I hope not.  Don't let that happen as this thread needs all the questions it can stir up to hopely find Lindsey, whatever the outcome.  Keep up your good work.  Shortcake

Thanks Shortcake

I think most have me figured out.  I am strong willed and not deterred in my focus of speculation until "proof" is revealed that my focus is headed in the wrong direction.

If Melissa Baum or LE/FBI confirms that Josh was home with her when Lindsey left the Kampen residence on the evening of June 26, 2009 ... my focus then will then be ...

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #612 on: September 11, 2009, 11:29:25 PM »

Monkeys

I took it upon myself to email Harry Oakes regarding the report that he send to the FBI concerning the canine search for Lindsey Baum.  I specifically asked him about the detection of Lindsey's scent at 6th and Maple and ... then along 6th Street ... as indicated by Kara Kampen on this forum.

The following was not as clear as I had hoped.  However ... it was an appreciated response nevertheless.

Janet

+++++++

RE: LINDSEY BAUM SEARCH‏
Sent: September 8, 2009 12:12:42 PM

we actually tracked up to Beck St then NE To a logging atv road and our search continues there. So far we've located two empty beer bottles, and a track (Scent trail) heading east 6 miles on either a motor cycle or ATV.

we are also (the search dogs) picking up a dead human alert 1/2 mile East of Beck the winds are coming from the south. I can't tell you about anything else we've found. That's been handed over to the McCleary Police.

Note: The death scent on a dead human could be from any "Dead Human" that has died in the area. Not neccessarily the missing child's scent.

Harry

BUMPED

_____

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #613 on: September 11, 2009, 11:38:26 PM »

Wyks

Sister noted something very interesting in one of KaraK posts.  It appears that the LE/FBI originally told Kara that Lindsey's scent was detected on Sixth street and near the Baum residence by the dogs.  Then it was changed to "nothing" was detected.

Janet

++++++++

KARA KAMPEN

KaraK

KaraK
« Reply #1012 on: July 04, 2009, 10:27:20 PM »

I do want to let you know I just had a visitor that Lindsey's family hired - an independent tracker renowned for helping where others have failed http://www.k9sardog.com/harryoakes.html and he says he picked up a scent nearly the same as I was told before. He cut his usual fee and is currently trying to track using his trained dogs. Pray he finds something that the others have missed!!!

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg864394#msg864394

SHERIFF RICK SCOTT

KOMO News - June 28, 2009

A wide-ranging search was launched early Saturday in the town and the surrounding forests. The town was criss-crossed three times, but not a trace of Lindsey has been found. Even bloodhounds failed to pick up her scent.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49383897.html

The Daily World = July 2, 2009

Scott said authorities have run into several dead ends with almost no signs of the 4-foot-9, brown-haired girl, who was last spotted wearing a blue pullover shirt and blue jeans.

“I don’t know anything more than I knew Saturday afternoon,” he said, “but I’m not willing to admit that I know anything less.”

Scott said bloodhounds traced the route Lindsey took early on from the friend’s house to her own home, but didn’t find any scent. And in places where Lindsey once played — parks and by the creek — Lindsey’s scent has been vanishing.

The loss of scent could be a combination of factors — the heat on the sidewalk could have dissipated it for instance, he said.

http://**/articles/2009/07/02/local_news/doc4a4cf43c1b1dd881132403.txt

TRACKING DOGS - KARA KAMPEN

KaraK

Yes I've read those Janet, and it's part of what is soooooooo very confusing.  Why would one of the authorities change from what they've originally said, without explanation?   

Sometimes we see in the media, the way things are reported can cause confusion.  The one doing the report might, for example, paraphrase what someone in LE/FBI said (or anyone else for that matter), without actually quoting em.  I'd rather that the media give us the direct quote, instead of their spin on what was said.  Ya know? 

Was KK directly told *by LE/FBI* about the dogs, or in their presence when they said it?  Or did someone else tell her that's what they said.  It's not real clear from her posts who told her.  She just says "I was told", but doesn't clarify.  But the info she was told was later said differently, causing her to be confused, that's clear. 

If LE/FBI directly told KK... if it were me hearing LE/FBI later saying it differently, I'd be calling them on it, for sure.  I'd say, 'what the heck? you just told me ______, what about that?'  Am sure hoping that all concerned in this case are holding LE/FBI accountable in that way.   Seems to me that at the very least, when confusion like this in a case reigns, LE/FBI could step up and explain things publically again.  If it's a matter of them telling one person, and then that person telling someone else.. well........... that can get out of hand in a fast hurry. 

One thing too.. Most authorities tend to word carefully what they say to the media, sometimes going to the point of not really giving info at all.  The info given in one of the articles above has a reporter telling us what Officer Scott said, but didn't quote Scott, so how do we know how carefully he worded it?   

This is what the reporter said: "Scott said authorities have run into several dead ends with almost no signs of the 4-foot-9, brown-haired girl, who was last spotted wearing a blue pullover shirt and blue jeans."

".........almost no signs of..........."  what the heck does that mean, 'almost no'?  there is or there isn't!  which begs readers to wonder... so there were some signs, (plural, more than one!) and what were they? 

I dunno Janet.  I just wish LE/FBI would be straight up with what they know.  Either that or just say "we can't comment at this time", or some such.  Cuz it seems to me that they are the one/s causing some of the confusion. 

All IMO

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #614 on: September 11, 2009, 11:57:54 PM »

BUMP

This is what I was hoping for to research, but I can not stay here with the other nonsense..

That's your choice.  You also have a choice of overlooking whatever posts don't suit your fancy.  That's how it's done in a lot of forums, which you'll find no matter where you go.  Of course, their are sev forums where a poster gets a time-out or are banned forever for simply giving their opinions.  On those forums, most posters live in fear of their mods. 

At least in this forum, mods are not 'the dragons at the gate', waiting to stomp on anyone who says how they feel.  We monkeys typically treat each other with respect, skipping over posts we don't agree with, rather than getting into heated battles over differing opinions.  Chaos does not rule this forum, and for that, I am grateful.  I've been on nearly all the other forums, and ya know what?  It felt like I needed to wear combat gear if I ever posted in there.  Many others have experienced the same thing. 

There's a report button in here for a reason, and that's in case someone gets out of hand.  Our mods will take care of any problem that arises, and do it firmly but with respect.  So we don't need to.  Thank goodness.  Everyone here is in a safe place to share how we feel on any given topic.  And I hope that you'll choose to stay and continue to contribute your research and opinions. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
shortcake
Scared Monkey

« Reply #615 on: September 12, 2009, 12:12:07 AM »

i believe you contributed to the story of the man who was allegedly living with KaraK.  I think the readers here deserve to know what ever happened with that rumor and why the need to make things up, I believe it has been proved wrong.
Hi Sunshine12.  Let me try to make sense to what I posted.  All I confirmed was that a Roger hurt a rib around that period.  I did not confirm he was living with KK.  I do not know where he lives.  I also believe it may have happend before Lindsey dissappeared.  As for as Tag goes, that is suppose to be the house where the kids were swimming and DD asked if you can see their place from in front of the bar.  I can answere that you cannot, there is a fir tree in the way(for whatever this means?).  Maybe DD was playing with me.  I would just as soon drop this whole area of questioning as I do not believe this Roger has anything to do with the case.  By the way, did you ever get a response as to if Kara Kampen took a polygraph test?  All I have seen was Scott and Melissa voluntarily took the test.  Why not Kara?  I would think she would want her name cleared as well.......
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #616 on: September 12, 2009, 12:37:59 AM »

Hi Sunshine12.  Let me try to make sense to what I posted.  All I confirmed was that a Roger hurt a rib around that period.  I did not confirm he was living with KK.  I do not know where he lives.  I also believe it may have happend before Lindsey dissappeared.  As for as Tag goes, that is suppose to be the house where the kids were swimming and DD asked if you can see their place from in front of the bar.  I can answere that you cannot, there is a fir tree in the way(for whatever this means?).  Maybe DD was playing with me.  I would just as soon drop this whole area of questioning as I do not believe this Roger has anything to do with the case.  By the way, did you ever get a response as to if Kara Kampen took a polygraph test?  All I have seen was Scott and Melissa voluntarily took the test.  Why not Kara?  I would think she would want her name cleared as well.......

Shortcake

Considering Lindsey was observed by witness at 5th and Maple shortly after 9:30 PM and ... Kara claimed Lindsey left her place between 9:15 PM and 9:30 PM ... I somehow believe that whatever happened to Lindsey took place between 5th and Maple and ... her home.

Janet

++++++

KaraK
« Reply #1515 on: July 07, 2009, 12:00:19 PM »

Well I don't think mammacrazy30's post should be deleted because it is her opinion although I am not sure what question she is referencing to needing an answer on - but if it is directed at me then by all means please re-post because I have not a clue what you are referring to.

As far as my family being checked out I guess that depends on what you consider being checked out - if background check, criminal record and history checks, numerous home checks, vehicle check, numerous property checks, polygraph (for Scott - probably cause he's the only one who can drive and I was in the process of writing and drafting several articles), numerous FBI interviews, numerous police interviews, numerous sheriff's dept interviews, search dogs, phone records, copy of computer hard drives and such then I would say yes we have been checked out pretty thoroughly.

I like the fact that you guys are open in your processes and ideas and I agree that everyone needs to be looked at thoroughly regardless of who they are and I don't think you should be shy in looking into that or being open with your opinions. Not easy from this side but understandable especially after reading about some of the past cases you guys have dealt with-

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg868081;topicseen#msg868081

_____

shortcake
Scared Monkey

« Reply #617 on: September 12, 2009, 12:40:06 AM »

I do not know any ML.  I am sorry that you thought I was confirming that story about a man living with Kara.  I know nothing about that.  At the time I felt it was a red herring(decoy).  Nothing to do with the case, IMO.  DD was the one who said the person in question lived in California.  Maybe she is right.  I only report what I know and see.  There was a person by that name around that time with a hurt rib.  Hope that cleared up some confusion.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #618 on: September 12, 2009, 12:40:07 AM »

BUMP

That's your choice.  You also have a choice of overlooking whatever posts don't suit your fancy.  That's how it's done in a lot of forums, which you'll find no matter where you go.  Of course, their are sev forums where a poster gets a time-out or are banned forever for simply giving their opinions.  On those forums, most posters live in fear of their mods. 

At least in this forum, mods are not 'the dragons at the gate', waiting to stomp on anyone who says how they feel.  We monkeys typically treat each other with respect, skipping over posts we don't agree with, rather than getting into heated battles over differing opinions.  Chaos does not rule this forum, and for that, I am grateful.  I've been on nearly all the other forums, and ya know what?  It felt like I needed to wear combat gear if I ever posted in there.  Many others have experienced the same thing. 

There's a report button in here for a reason, and that's in case someone gets out of hand.  Our mods will take care of any problem that arises, and do it firmly but with respect.  So we don't need to.  Thank goodness.  Everyone here is in a safe place to share how we feel on any given topic.  And I hope that you'll choose to stay and continue to contribute your research and opinions. 

_____

shortcake
Scared Monkey

« Reply #619 on: September 12, 2009, 01:01:03 AM »

Shortcake

Considering Lindsey was observed by witness at 5th and Maple shortly after 9:30 PM and ... Kara claimed Lindsey left her place between 9:15 PM and 9:30 PM ... I somehow believe that whatever happened to Lindsey took place between 5th and Maple and ... her home.

Janet

++++++

KaraK
« Reply #1515 on: July 07, 2009, 12:00:19 PM »

Well I don't think mammacrazy30's post should be deleted because it is her opinion although I am not sure what question she is referencing to needing an answer on - but if it is directed at me then by all means please re-post because I have not a clue what you are referring to.

As far as my family being checked out I guess that depends on what you consider being checked out - if background check, criminal record and history checks, numerous home checks, vehicle check, numerous property checks, polygraph (for Scott - probably cause he's the only one who can drive and I was in the process of writing and drafting several articles), numerous FBI interviews, numerous police interviews, numerous sheriff's dept interviews, search dogs, phone records, copy of computer hard drives and such then I would say yes we have been checked out pretty thoroughly.

I like the fact that you guys are open in your processes and ideas and I agree that everyone needs to be looked at thoroughly regardless of who they are and I don't think you should be shy in looking into that or being open with your opinions. Not easy from this side but understandable especially after reading about some of the past cases you guys have dealt with-

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg868081;topicseen#msg868081

Thanks Janet.  There is a question as to whether Lindsey made it to 5th or went up 6th?  Maybe she went back?  Doubt it, but possible.  I just think it was somewhat strange KK did not volunteer for the polygraph as her boyfriend did, just as MB did, so there would be no question.  KK was probably the last adult to talk to Lindsey. I am not accusing her, just wondering.  I know if it were me I would want to be cleared immeadiatly.   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.