March 18, 2024, 11:48:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 4 8/26/09 - 9/28/09  (Read 479656 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #720 on: September 12, 2009, 02:58:46 PM »

Oh my! I do hope they are searching all along that 1/2 mile stretch. That's a lot of area to search. If they are doing a search on one of my off days, I will for sure go volunteer.

That would be great  And that is alot of area to search 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #721 on: September 12, 2009, 03:00:53 PM »

Is it possible that a deceased Lindsey Baum was taken up from Mommsen.. up first ... to Beck?  Keep in mind that it was a death scene that Harry Oakes detected.

Mr. Oakes never mentioned in his email to me that he detected any other scent.

Janet

Oh shoot,now I am confused.Janet,can you repost what Harry said?I thought he detected Lindseys scent on Beck street and another scent.....a death scent?

Karma ... I just bumped the email from Harry Oakes a few posts back.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #722 on: September 12, 2009, 03:01:59 PM »

Monkeys

I took it upon myself to email Harry Oakes regarding the report that he send to the FBI concerning the canine search for Lindsey Baum.  I specifically asked him about the detection of Lindsey's scent at 6th and Maple and ... then along 6th Street ... as indicated by Kara Kampen on this forum.

The following was not as clear as I had hoped.  However ... it was an appreciated response nevertheless.

Janet

+++++++

RE: LINDSEY BAUM SEARCH‏
Sent: September 8, 2009 12:12:42 PM

we actually tracked up to Beck St then NE To a logging atv road and our search continues there. So far we've located two empty beer bottles, and a track (Scent trail) heading east 6 miles on either a motor cycle or ATV.

we are also (the search dogs) picking up a dead human alert 1/2 mile East of Beck the winds are coming from the south. I can't tell you about anything else we've found. That's been handed over to the McCleary Police.

Note: The death scent on a dead human could be from any "Dead Human" that has died in the area. Not neccessarily the missing child's scent.

Harry

BUMPED
Thanks Janet
So Harry and dogs picked up 2 scents....one a live Lindsey scent that they tracked on(up to?) Beck street then NE to a logging road,then a track scent heading east 6 miles.

The 2nd scent was a death scent 1/2 mile east of Beck street with the winds blowing from the south.Correct?

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #723 on: September 12, 2009, 03:02:36 PM »

I just looked and it's the weekends, and I work every weekend. So inquired about donating snacks to those who are able to do the on foot trek during the weekend. Sad now I'm bummed!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #724 on: September 12, 2009, 03:04:03 PM »

He didn't say they detected a scent, just that they tracked up to beck. I don't see it states anything about 1st street to lead us to believe Lindsey was near to her home. That is the point that is sticking with me. Is this the entire email response from him Janet? 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #725 on: September 12, 2009, 03:09:30 PM »

Monkeys

I took it upon myself to email Harry Oakes regarding the report that he send to the FBI concerning the canine search for Lindsey Baum.  I specifically asked him about the detection of Lindsey's scent at 6th and Maple and ... then along 6th Street ... as indicated by Kara Kampen on this forum.

The following was not as clear as I had hoped.  However ... it was an appreciated response nevertheless.

Janet

+++++++

we actually tracked up to Beck St then NE To a logging atv road and our search continues there. So far we've located two empty beer bottles, and a track (Scent trail) heading east 6 miles on either a motor cycle or ATV.

we are also (the search dogs) picking up a dead human alert 1/2 mile East of Beck the winds are coming from the south. I can't tell you about anything else we've found. That's been handed over to the McCleary Police.

Note: The death scent on a dead human could be from any "Dead Human" that has died in the area. Not neccessarily the missing child's scent.

Harry

BUMPED
Thanks Janet
So Harry and dogs picked up 2 scents....one a live Lindsey scent that they tracked on(up to?) Beck street then NE to a logging road,then a track scent heading east 6 miles.

The 2nd scent was a death scent 1/2 mile east of Beck street with the winds blowing from the south.Correct?

OK.  I see what you mean.  My take was that there was just a death scent.  However ... you may be right regarding "two"  different scents.  The only thing that bothers me is it takes different type of tracking dogs to detect the different scents.  I wonder how many dogs Harry Oakes was using.

Should I email him again to expand on his response to me?

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #726 on: September 12, 2009, 03:09:41 PM »

If they did track a scent and not walk the dogs to find a scent, was it a strong scent? We cannot say Lindsey has never been on that street, which ever street it was he track to Beck.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #727 on: September 12, 2009, 03:10:59 PM »

He didn't say they detected a scent, just that they tracked up to beck. I don't see it states anything about 1st street to lead us to believe Lindsey was near to her home. That is the point that is sticking with me. Is this the entire email response from him Janet? 

BUMP*

Janet incase you didn't read my question.
TIA
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #728 on: September 12, 2009, 03:11:47 PM »

Tracygirl ... I inform the forum several times that I shared Harry Oakes' email in full.

Janet

_____

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #729 on: September 12, 2009, 03:12:52 PM »

Harry stated a track is a scent trail.........

Karma Is Coming

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #730 on: September 12, 2009, 03:13:24 PM »

If they did track a scent and not walk the dogs to find a scent, was it a strong scent? We cannot say Lindsey has never been on that street, which ever street it was he track to Beck.

Harry Oakes acknowledges in the email that the detection of a death scent only implies a body was present ... not necessarily the body of Lindsey Baum.

Janet

_____

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #731 on: September 12, 2009, 03:16:58 PM »

Tracy girl,  I am the one that asked about Lindsey perhaps going past her home and up 1st street to Beck.  I don't think anyone else mentioned it.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #732 on: September 12, 2009, 03:18:37 PM »

Monkeys

Janet

+++++++

Harry

BUMPED
Thanks Janet

OK.  I see what you mean.  My take was that there was just a death scent.  However ... you may be right regarding "two"  different scents.  The only thing that bothers me is it takes different type of tracking dogs to detect the different scents.  I wonder how many dogs Harry Oakes was using.

Should I email him again to expand on his response to me?

Janet
You could Janet but also I read at WS that Harry multi trains his dogs(WS poster learned this from Harry's website)but I haven't read his web site in a while so I don't know how true that is or if it's even possible to train the dogs to scent for tracking alive and dead people.I would think that can't be true because an alive scent trail is unique to the person and a death scent could be from any person.Seems that would confuse the dogs?Maybe he has both kinds of dogs?

Karma Is Coming

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #733 on: September 12, 2009, 03:22:40 PM »

Tracy girl,  I am the one that asked about Lindsey perhaps going past her home and up 1st street to Beck.  I don't think anyone else mentioned it.

AZSunny ... I mentioned it also.  However ... I had interpreted Harry Oakes' email to imply that only a death scent was detected by his dogs.

Janet

+++++++

Is it possible that a deceased Lindsey Baum was taken from Mommsen.. up First ... to Beck?  Keep in mind that it was a death scene that Harry Oakes detected.

Mr. Oakes never mentioned in his email to me that he detected any other scent.

Janet

_____

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #734 on: September 12, 2009, 03:23:47 PM »

Thank you AZ sunny I was wondering where that came from.

Do they not start somewhere, walk a dog around until they get a hit? That is what I am asking about. Was he in an active track or searching for a track.

So Janet you do not have the first email you sent him? I am curious to know what you asked him and who he believed you were. It will also put his answer into perspective for me and maybe others.

I find this email interesting but it raises questions. Should Janet email back? Sure but this time can we read what you ask so we get the full picture of what is being discussed? I feel like I am reading one side of a conversation, actually I suppose I am and it leaves questions.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #735 on: September 12, 2009, 03:38:55 PM »

Thank you AZ sunny I was wondering where that came from.

Do they not start somewhere, walk a dog around until they get a hit? That is what I am asking about. Was he in an active track or searching for a track.

So Janet you do not have the first email you sent him? I am curious to know what you asked him and who he believed you were. It will also put his answer into perspective for me and maybe others.

I find this email interesting but it raises questions. Should Janet email back? Sure but this time can we read what you ask so we get the full picture of what is being discussed? I feel like I am reading one side of a conversation, actually I suppose I am and it leaves questions.

Tracygirl

I have shared EVERYTHING with this forum and I do not appreciate you implying otherwise.  Why do you not email Harry Oakes youselve?  I refuse to respond to any more of your posts.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #736 on: September 12, 2009, 03:41:58 PM »

Monkeys

When I contacted Harry Oakes I identified myself as someone not connected to the case and had a heartful desire to know the truth encompassing the disappearance of Lindsey Baum.  I signed ... Sincerely, Janet.

Janet

_____

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #737 on: September 12, 2009, 03:45:06 PM »

Sorry I am trying to find my answers within the thread but there are many postings to sort through.

Was it ever figured out why this man told a perfect stranger (assuming Janet doesn't know this person) the details of the search? It is concerning to me. I want information just like the next guy (or gal) but it scares me he is just telling anyone who writes? What if the kidnapper wrote to him? Scary thought isn't it?

You know I bet LE and the FBI hates the Internet sometimes. It must make it so hard to investigate a crime and keep certain things quiet to protect the evidence. This information was not made public and it makes me wonder if it was done for a purpose. Now it is out there....Maybe I am over thinking it, I don't know but I tend to err on the side of caution
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #738 on: September 12, 2009, 03:45:36 PM »

Monkeys

When I contacted Harry Oakes I identified myself as someone not connected to the case and had a heartful desire to know the truth encompassing the disappearance of Lindsey Baum.  I signed ... Sincerely, Janet.

Janet
Thanks, and I appreciate it, and it was good of him to email you back.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #739 on: September 12, 2009, 03:50:11 PM »

Janet I was not directing it towards you but towards the dog handler. I see nothing wrong with asking for information about what led him to believe he should tell a perfect stranger details about this case which may not be useful to Lindsey general well being.

Truth is Janet, whether or not you sign a name, it doesn't mean you are not the one who took lindsey. We all know that but he didnt' know that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.