March 18, 2024, 11:10:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 4 8/26/09 - 9/28/09  (Read 479650 times)
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #960 on: September 17, 2009, 05:29:52 AM »

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 @ 4:09pm
Finding Lindsey Baum

The Ron & Don Nation are asking your help and the help of everyone you know in finding Lindsey Baum, the 11-year-old McCleary girl missing since June 26. If you have a laptop, if you have a telephone, and if you care about children, we ask you to get involved so Lindsey's case can be solved.

We're also asking for the assistance of our elected officials, to engage all the resources the government can bring to bear toward finding Lindsey. We're encouraging the Ron & Don Nation to contact Congressman Norm Dicks, whose district includes McCleary, and Senator Maria Cantwell, a good friend of The Ron & Don Show. Encourage them to provide any assistance or direction they can in working with local authorities toward finding Lindsey Baum.

You can find Congressman Dicks' email page here (Lindsey's ZIP code is 98557, you can indicate you're writing on behalf of the Baum family) and the email page for Senator Cantwell here. The phone number at Dicks' Washington, DC office is 202.225.5916. Cantwell's DC number is 202.224.3441. Ask them what they're doing and what they can do to help find Lindsey.

Ron & Don want to bring back to this case the attention it deserves. So get involved! Call and email your congressional represenatives and join Don and the Nation in searching for her Lindsey. More information can be found at the website set up to help, www.findlindseybaum.com.

And come back often to MyNorthwest.com and News Talk 97.3 KIRO FM for updates until we find Lindsey Baum.

http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=110
 an angelic monkey

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #961 on: September 17, 2009, 09:36:36 AM »

Thanks Karma.   The search effort recently received a boost when a McCleary church donated a trailer that can be used as a headquarters, Walkut said. I'm very glad to read this 
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #962 on: September 17, 2009, 10:30:42 AM »

KarmaR, o/t wasn't Susan Boyle sensational?  What a voice!

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #963 on: September 17, 2009, 10:35:14 AM »

Sabastian I believe it is Scott Williams.

I agree it is awlful quiet now.  But I do know that the LE have done a lot more that they haven't released to the press.  I sure hope that they don't release the names of those witnesses.  Seems like some on here can't wait to check their background. I hope not.  The LE have already checked them out.  But, if their names get out, I am afraid the piranhas will come out and it will become a feeding frenzy.  We are not bad monkeys.  With nothing coming out what else can we do?  We all want desperately to help.  I am going to try to focus on the known evidence to see where that leads me.  I have to keep reminding myself that every SO had a first time.  IMO  shortcake 

Shortcake

What is your foundation to your contention that stuff is going on behind the scenes in the investigation?  Lindsey has been missing for almost three months ... nothing.

We will have to agree to disagree in regards to identificatin of the witnesses.  The credibility of those who observed Lindsey at 5th and Maple is huge in regards to whether this little girl ever left the Kampen/Williams residence.  The sighting at 5th and Maple afford wannabe detetectives a focal point to begin their speculations.

As with other missing person cases ... of the witnesses had been identified by the LE at the getgo ... the media as well as the talk show interviews would have been history by now.

Good Morning Monkeys!

Janet
7:35 AM PT

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #964 on: September 17, 2009, 10:45:03 AM »

The fact is LE is not reporting who has or has not taken the LDT, other than reporting that MelissaB and Scott took it.

There are sources on the internet to verify this, including but not limited to, a radio program in which Undersheriff Rick Scott spoke on what is and is not public knowledge and why.
snipped:
"Well at this point because this is an ongoing criminal investigation, I’m not at liberty to discuss just how many people we’ve polygraphed or what the results of that might be . . ."
want more information, Undersheriff Rick Scott " . . . We’ve got the Lindsey Baum tip line, there’s a dedicated e-mail address that you can use that will, it’s on our website if they go to greys county service departments website . . ."

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #965 on: September 17, 2009, 10:45:45 AM »

I agree it is awlful quiet now.  But I do know that the LE have done a lot more that they haven't released to the press.  I sure hope that they don't release the names of those witnesses.  Seems like some on here can't wait to check their background. I hope not.  The LE have already checked them out.  But, if their names get out, I am afraid the piranhas will come out and it will become a feeding frenzy.  We are not bad monkeys.  With nothing coming out what else can we do?  We all want desperately to help.  I am going to try to focus on the known evidence to see where that leads me.  I have to keep reminding myself that every SO had a first time.  IMO  shortcake 

Shortcake

What is your foundation to your contention that stuff is going on behind the scenes in the investigation?  Lindsey has been missing for almost three months ... nothing.

We will have to agree to disagree in regards to identificatin of the witnesses.  The credibility of those who observed Lindsey at 5th and Maple is huge in regards to whether this little girl ever left the Kampen/Williams residence.  The sighting at 5th and Maple afford wannabe detetectives a focal point to begin their speculations.

As with other missing person cases ... of the witnesses had been identified by the LE at the getgo ... the media as well as the talk show interviews would have been history by now.

Good Morning Monkeys!

Janet

Good Morning, I sure hope there are things going on behind the scenes, because where I'm sitting it doesn't seem like a lot, but hopefully I'm wrong.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #966 on: September 17, 2009, 10:57:11 AM »

Finding Lindsey Baum

The Ron & Don Nation are asking your help and the help of everyone you know in finding Lindsey Baum, the 11-year-old McCleary girl missing since June 26. If you have a laptop, if you have a telephone, and if you care about children, we ask you to get involved so Lindsey's case can be solved.

We're also asking for the assistance of our elected officials, to engage all the resources the government can bring to bear toward finding Lindsey. We're encouraging the Ron & Don Nation to contact, whose district includes McCleary, and Senator Maria Cantwell, a good friend of The Ron & Don Show. Encourage them to provide any assistance or direction they can in working with local authorities toward finding Lindsey Baum.

You can find Congressman Dicks' email page here (Lindsey's ZIP code is 98557, you can indicate you're writing on behalf of the Baum family) and the email page for Senator Cantwell here. The phone number at Dicks' Washington, DC office is 202.225.5916. Cantwell's DC number is 202.224.3441. Ask them what they're doing and what they can do to help find Lindsey.

Ron & Don want to bring back to this case the attention it deserves. So get involved! Call and email your congressional represenatives and join Don and the Nation in searching for her Lindsey. More information can be found at the website set up to help, www.findlindseybaum.com.

And come back often to MyNorthwest.com and News Talk 97.3 KIRO FM for updates until we find Lindsey Baum.

an angelic monkey

deja vous!

While thinking about Lindsey Baum prior to falling to sleep last night ... I was thinking that somebody higher up has to put pressure on the McCleary PD to be more forthright with the public through media sources regarding the status of the Lindsey Baum case. There has to be some accountability.

I have made the decision to take action and contact Congressman Norm Dicks and Senator Maria Cantwell.

Who are Ron and Don Nation?

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #967 on: September 17, 2009, 10:59:01 AM »

Shortcake

Good Morning Monkeys!

Janet

Good Morning, I sure hope there are things going on behind the scenes, because where I'm sitting it doesn't seem like a lot, but hopefully I'm wrong.

Obviously ... others feel the same way when the above letter posted by Karma is taken into consideration.

Janet

_____

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #968 on: September 17, 2009, 11:05:12 AM »

Finding Lindsey Baum

We're also asking for the assistance of our elected officials, to engage all the resources the government can bring to bear toward finding Lindsey. We're encouraging the Ron & Don Nation to contact, whose district includes McCleary, and Senator Maria Cantwell, a good friend of The Ron & Don Show. Encourage them to provide any assistance or direction they can in working with local authorities toward finding Lindsey Baum.

an angelic monkey

deja vous!

While thinking about Lindsey Baum prior to falling to sleep last night ... I was thinking that somebody higher up has to put pressure on the McCleary PD to be more forthright with the public through media sources regarding the status of the Lindsey Baum case. There has to be some accountability.

I have made the decision to take action and contact Congressman Norm Dicks and Senator Maria Cantwell.

Who are Ron and Don Nation?

Janet

I am pleased with this, but isn't it a pity that this needs to be done?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #969 on: September 17, 2009, 11:14:51 AM »

The fact is LE is not reporting who has or has not taken the LDT, other than reporting that MelissaB and Scott took it.

There are sources on the internet to verify this, including but not limited to, a radio program in which Undersheriff Rick Scott spoke on what is and is not public knowledge and why.
snipped:
"Well at this point because this is an ongoing criminal investigation, I’m not at liberty to discuss just how many people we’ve polygraphed or what the results of that might be . . ."
want more information, Undersheriff Rick Scott " . . . We’ve got the Lindsey Baum tip line, there’s a dedicated e-mail address that you can use that will, it’s on our website if they go to greys county service departments website . . ."

I attempted to locate the above quote myself through googling.  I found nothing.  Sister ... are you able to identify the unnamed radio station that conducted the interview with Sheriff Scott?

The only words of Sheriff Scott that I have read regarding the issue of polygraphys is the following article.  Please note that Scott states that the polygraphs were taken at the request of Melissa Baum and Scott Williams ... not requested by LE.  I realized that nobody can be forced to take a polygraph but ... considering their direct connection to Lindsey on the evening of June 26, 2009 ... in the process of elimination ... why were polygraphs not immediately requested by LE.

Janet

+++++

FBI: Stranger not likely behind girl's disappearance
Story Published: Jul 1, 2009 at 7:35 PM PDT
Story Updated: Jul 2, 2009 at 1:09 PM PDT

The missing girl's mother, who wanted avoid becoming the center of the investigation, voluntarily took a polygraph test. The father of the girl's best friend, Scott Williams, also volunteered to take the test.

"At their requests polygraphs were given to them. They passed those polygraphs. We're comfortable with the information they've shared with us and comfortable with the timeline they've explained," said Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott.

http://www.komonews.com/news/49651607.html

_____

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #970 on: September 17, 2009, 11:47:03 AM »

I keep going back to the witnesses and why their names have been kept from the public. I just find this VERY odd. "So and so saw LB walking down the street". What is the big deal? I could see the secrecy if this was a witness to a murder, but come on. There were witnesses in Amber Dubois timeline and their names were posted in the press. The only thing that I can come up with is that either they saw something more than LB just walking down the road or their is a reason that they do not want their names put out there. Maybe they have their own police records or maybe they are hiding from an abusive spouse? I don't know, it has just been one weird thing after the other with this case.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #971 on: September 17, 2009, 12:05:16 PM »

I keep going back to the witnesses and why their names have been kept from the public. I just find this VERY odd. "So and so saw LB walking down the street". What is the big deal? I could see the secrecy if this was a witness to a murder, but come on. There were witnesses in Amber Dubois timeline and their names were posted in the press. The only thing that I can come up with is that either they saw something more than LB just walking down the road or their is a reason that they do not want their names put out there. Maybe they have their own police records or maybe they are hiding from an abusive spouse? I don't know, it has just been one weird thing after the other with this case.

I agree sebastian.

I would have no probably going on public record stating that I had observed the little girl at 5th and Maple.

I would really like to know the identity of the second witness who did not come forward immediately.  Could it be that an alibi was being established in the event that he had been observed in the area?  I hope that initially ... in the process of elimination ... LE considered him/her a person of interest and interrogated him/her accordingly. 

Janet

+++++

ABC News – June 30, 2009

Scott said witnesses were able to put Lindsey within a couple of blocks of her house just after 9:30 p.m. The last person reported to have seen her, he said, was a neighbor on her way to work.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=7966924&page=2

The Daily World - July 2, 2009

Scott said a second person came forward Tuesday with a confirmed sighting of Baum from Friday night in the same area along Maple Street near Fifth Street.

http://**/articles/2009/07/02/local_news/doc4a4cf43c1b1dd881132403.txt

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #972 on: September 17, 2009, 12:06:49 PM »

SELF EDIT

I would have no probably s/b I would have no problem

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #973 on: September 17, 2009, 12:32:44 PM »

When the words of both Henry Schmidt and Sheriff Scott are considered ... there was gathered information the day following Lindsey Baum's disappearance ... gathered information that implied that that little girl was not a victim of a stranger abduction. 

Janet

+++++

KOMO NEWS - JULY 1, 2009

Experts with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children say if the girl was abducted, it most likely wasn't by a stranger who was hiding in the bushes.

"From what knowledge we have and the information that I have that it's someone that she possibly knows, somebody that is in the area," said Henry Schmidt with the organization ...

http://www.komonews.com/news/49651607.html

The Daily World - July 2, 2009

Scott said authorities have run into several dead ends with almost no signs of the 4-foot-9, brown-haired girl, who was last spotted wearing a blue pullover shirt and blue jeans.

“I don’t know anything more than I knew Saturday afternoon,” he said, “but I’m not willing to admit that I know anything less.”

Scott said bloodhounds traced the route Lindsey took early on from the friend’s house to her own home, but didn’t find any scent. And in places where Lindsey once played — parks and by the creek — Lindsey’s scent has been vanishing.

The loss of scent could be a combination of factors — the heat on the sidewalk could have dissipated it for instance, he said.

http://**/articles/2009/07/02/local_news/doc4a4cf43c1b1dd881132403.txt

_____

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #974 on: September 17, 2009, 12:36:06 PM »

This makes no sense, coming from a small town myself, those names would be talked about, period. You know what I think, imo, there were no witnesses that saw her. That is the conclusion I have come up with, and if I ever see the names, then I will change my opinion. 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #975 on: September 17, 2009, 01:03:45 PM »

This makes no sense, coming from a small town myself, those names would be talked about, period. You know what I think, imo, there were no witnesses that saw her. That is the conclusion I have come up with, and if I ever see the names, then I will change my opinion. 

Unlike you no rose colored glasses ... I do believe that two witnesses came forward as reported by Sheriff Scott.

However ... I also speculate and give the benefit of the doubt that the silence and lack of action from the LE as well as ... the words of Henry Schmidt and Sheriff Scott (see above) ... imply that LE ... at the very least ... have suspicions regarding who is behind the disappearance of Lindsey Baum but ... do not have the evidence or ... are bound legally from identifying the person of interest.

BTW ... along with his peers ... did Josh Braum enter the school system last week?

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #976 on: September 17, 2009, 02:09:43 PM »

Considering the only search conducted by LE since the initial search when Lindsey Baum went missing was focused on the area encompassing the route taken by the little girl on the evening of June 26, 2009 ... I am convinced me that the LE were searching for evidence to back up suspicions regarding a person of interest.

Janet

+++++++ 

ONE MONTH LATER ...

Fresh eyes join search for missing girl
Story Published: Jul 28, 2009 at 5:55 PM PDT
Story Updated: Jul 28, 2009 at 6:15 PM PDT

By Luke Duecy  Watch the story MCCLEARY, Wash. -- It's been more than a month since Lindsey Baum disappeared while walking home from a friend's house, but investigators are not giving up.

On Tuesday, detectives from Pierce County joined the search, hoping to turn up new leads or tips in the case.

They searched homes, trash cans and crawl spaces near where Lindsey was last seen, and cadaver-sniffing dogs were also brought in to comb the area.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/51941307.html

_____

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #977 on: September 17, 2009, 02:29:12 PM »

Unlike you no rose colored glasses ... I do believe that two witnesses came forward as reported by Sheriff Scott.

However ... I also speculate and give the benefit of the doubt that the silence and lack of action from the LE as well as ... the words of Henry Schmidt and Sheriff Scott (see above) ... imply that LE ... at the very least ... have suspicions regarding who is behind the disappearance of Lindsey Baum but ... do not have the evidence or ... are bound legally from identifying the person of interest.

BTW ... along with his peers ... did Josh Braum enter the school system last week?

Janet
I never heard if Josh started back to school. The thing with the witnesses, it is just so odd, that someone in that town has not talked about who the witnesses are, I can't belive the towns people don't know who they are. I'm suspicious about the witnesses.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #978 on: September 17, 2009, 03:30:54 PM »

No "identifiable" witnesses and no dog scent early on. Things that make you go hmmmmmm
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #979 on: September 17, 2009, 03:53:35 PM »

No "identifiable" witnesses and no dog scent early on. Things that make you go hmmmmmm

sebastian

Could it be that the witnesses have not been identified because they not only observed Lindsey between 5th on Maple and her home but ... they also observed another person who legally cannot be identified.  In other words ... the witnesses observed the person of interest ... the person of interest that has brought the entire investigation to a standstill?

Could it be that Tamikosmom needs a break from the computer room?

Later Monkeys.

Janet

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.