March 19, 2024, 02:13:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 4 8/26/09 - 9/28/09  (Read 479686 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #980 on: September 17, 2009, 04:12:46 PM »

No "identifiable" witnesses and no dog scent early on. Things that make you go hmmmmmm

sebastian

Could it be that the witnesses have not been identified because they not only observed Lindsey between 5th on Maple and her home but ... they also observed another person who legally cannot be identified.  In other words ... the witnesses observed the person of interest ... the person of interest that has brought the entire investigation to a standstill?

Could it be that Tamikosmom needs a break from the computer room?

Later Monkeys.

Janet

Or could it be that one of the witnesses or both could have gotten the nights mixed up and actually saw her on another night? I don't know, this is all frustrating 
Heidismom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #981 on: September 17, 2009, 04:25:03 PM »

No "identifiable" witnesses and no dog scent early on. Things that make you go hmmmmmm

sebastian

Could it be that the witnesses have not been identified because they not only observed Lindsey between 5th on Maple and her home but ... they also observed another person who legally cannot be identified.  In other words ... the witnesses observed the person of interest ... the person of interest that has brought the entire investigation to a standstill?

Later Monkeys.

Janet

Or could it be that one of the witnesses or both could have gotten the nights mixed up and actually saw her on another night? I don't know, this is all frustrating 

Or could it be that many residents of the area, (BeeHive Ret Center) are very elderly, & memories may not be so good.  I realize they are on 6th & Maple, but some do go for walks, altho that is a little late for them to be out, but not for sitting on porches.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #982 on: September 17, 2009, 04:28:58 PM »

Very true if it were an elderly person, perhaps could have gotten the night mixed up, or thought it was Lindsey and it could have been another child that looked like her. And don't even have to be elderly to get something like that mixed up, we have so many kids out here playing sometimes I get mixed up with the neighborhood kids.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #983 on: September 17, 2009, 04:33:50 PM »

I somehow believe Sheriff Scott when he states that there were confirmed sightings of Lindsey.  Hey ... one of the witnesses was identified as a neighbour of the Baums.

Janet

+++++++

ABC News – June 30, 2009

Scott said witnesses were able to put Lindsey within a couple of blocks of her house just after 9:30 p.m. The last person reported to have seen her, he said, was a neighbor on her way to work.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=7966924&page=2

The Daily World - July 2, 2009

Scott said a second person came forward Tuesday with a confirmed sighting of Baum from Friday night in the same area along Maple Street near Fifth Street.

http://**/articles/2009/07/02/local_news/doc4a4cf43c1b1dd881132403.txt

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #984 on: September 17, 2009, 06:25:48 PM »

sebastian

Later Monkeys.

Janet

I wonder if that could be it! LB was not seen alone, hmmmmmm
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #985 on: September 17, 2009, 06:38:53 PM »

sebastian

Later Monkeys.

Janet

I wonder if that could be it! LB was not seen alone, hmmmmmm

... or someone else was also observed on the small stretch of road between 5th on Maple and the Baum residence.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #986 on: September 17, 2009, 06:54:46 PM »

KarmaR, o/t wasn't Susan Boyle sensational?  What a voice!

Sister,I cried when I saw her sing Wild Horses live.Her voice just brings me to my knees,can't wait for her CD release in November.
Sorry for the OT.
 an angelic monkey

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #987 on: September 17, 2009, 06:59:19 PM »

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 @ 4:09pm
Finding Lindsey Baum

The Ron & Don Nation are asking your help and the help of everyone you know in finding Lindsey Baum, the 11-year-old McCleary girl missing since June 26. If you have a laptop, if you have a telephone, and if you care about children, we ask you to get involved so Lindsey's case can be solved.

We're also asking for the assistance of our elected officials, to engage all the resources the government can bring to bear toward finding Lindsey. We're encouraging the Ron & Don Nation to contact, whose district includes McCleary, and Senator Maria Cantwell, a good friend of The Ron & Don Show. Encourage them to provide any assistance or direction they can in working with local authorities toward finding Lindsey Baum.

You can find Congressman Dicks' email page here (Lindsey's ZIP code is 98557, you can indicate you're writing on behalf of the Baum family) and the email page for Senator Cantwell here. The phone number at Dicks' Washington, DC office is 202.225.5916. Cantwell's DC number is 202.224.3441. Ask them what they're doing and what they can do to help find Lindsey.

Ron & Don want to bring back to this case the attention it deserves. So get involved! Call and email your congressional represenatives and join Don and the Nation in searching for her Lindsey. More information can be found at the website set up to help, www.findlindseybaum.com.

And come back often to MyNorthwest.com and News Talk 97.3 KIRO FM for updates until we find Lindsey Baum.

http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=110
 an angelic monkey

deja vous!

While thinking about Lindsey Baum prior to falling to sleep last night ... I was thinking that somebody higher up has to put pressure on the McCleary PD to be more forthright with the public through media sources regarding the status of the Lindsey Baum case. There has to be some accountability.

I have made the decision to take action and contact Congressman Norm Dicks and Senator Maria Cantwell.

Who are Ron and Don Nation?

Janet

Hi Janet
All I know is they have a radio show.....I never heard of them before this case.
Good idea writing the Congress people and also maybe writing McCleary LE(email)from Sister's post above.I'll look for their addy.

Karma Is Coming

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #988 on: September 17, 2009, 07:02:12 PM »

There was almost one hour between the witness sightings on 9:30 PM and Melissa Baum's call to Kara Kampen at 10:25 PM.

Could it be that something bad happened to Lindsey within that hour and assistance from Wayne Watne was requested or ... should Wayne Watne ... in the process of elimination ... be considered a person of interest in Lindsey's disappearance.  The close distance of his residence from the route Lindsey took that night ....

In all probability ... Wayne Watne is a genuinely nice guy whose only motivation was to be a positive influence in the life of Josh Baum but ... in the process of elimination ... in the disappearance of this little girl no person should be given a pass.

DD has created a thread on Wayne Watne ...

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5614.0

Janet

+++++

KaraK
Re: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09
« Reply #1245 on: July 05, 2009, 11:23:14 PM »

Josh does not have any regular friends that I am aware of but I will ask around but I know Wayne Watne tries to help out there by taking him fishing and there may be other adults and such that have stepped in to provide friendship as well. Most of the time that I see Josh he is hanging out with Lindsey and my 10 and 11 yr old. I really wanted to add just so you know that Josh has been to my home several times with Lindsey or coming over to see if the kids were here playing and I've personally never had an issue with him and he was always very polite and respectful.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg865772#msg865772

the address of 400 3rd street mccleary wa,
address of Wayne Watne
not that far from where Lindsey would have cut over from maple to 3rd then back to mommsen

_____

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #989 on: September 17, 2009, 07:05:58 PM »

http://www.co.grays-harbor.wa.us/info/sheriff/index.htm

Sheriff Michael Whelan is the county official charged with the administration of the Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Department. State Statute (RCW 36.28.010) states that the Sheriff is "the Chief Executive Officer and conservator of the peace of the county."

The Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Department is comprised of three divisions:

Criminal Division
Corrections Division
Civil Division
Each Division has an administrative officer in charge who reports to Undersheriff Rick Scott and then to the Sheriff. To learn more about one of the three divisions, please visit any of the links above.   

Sheriff's Message
The mission of the Sheriff's Department is to provide the best possible police and public services. We must never forget that we are here to serve the public and are accountable- to our citizens for our actions and for the quality of the services we provide.

Grays Harbor County is geographically quite large which presents a challenge for providing uniformed law enforcement services. We have resident deputies that live in outlying areas as well as sub-stations to help us respond more quickly to calls.

As you will learn in this site, our department is divided into three divisions. I am proud of the way each division works together as a team to help accomplish our department mission.

The Sheriff's Department provides a number of regular services to the public concerning concealed pistol licensing, forest products hauling permits, service of civil process, questions about criminal laws, warrants, the county jail, sex offender registration, etc. If you would like more information about these or any other Sheriff's Department function, please call (360) 249-3711.

http://www.co.grays-harbor.wa.us/info/sheriff/criminal.html

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #990 on: September 17, 2009, 07:18:03 PM »

I keep going back to the witnesses and why their names have been kept from the public. I just find this VERY odd. "So and so saw LB walking down the street". What is the big deal? I could see the secrecy if this was a witness to a murder, but come on. There were witnesses in Amber Dubois timeline and their names were posted in the press. The only thing that I can come up with is that either they saw something more than LB just walking down the road or their is a reason that they do not want their names put out there. Maybe they have their own police records or maybe they are hiding from an abusive spouse? I don't know, it has just been one weird thing after the other with this case.
This makes no sense, coming from a small town myself, those names would be talked about, period. You know what I think, imo, there were no witnesses that saw her. That is the conclusion I have come up with, and if I ever see the names, then I will change my opinion. 

Unlike you no rose colored glasses ... I do believe that two witnesses came forward as reported by Sheriff Scott.

However ... I also speculate and give the benefit of the doubt that the silence and lack of action from the LE as well as ... the words of Henry Schmidt and Sheriff Scott (see above) ... imply that LE ... at the very least ... have suspicions regarding who is behind the disappearance of Lindsey Baum but ... do not have the evidence or ... are bound legally from identifying the person of interest.

BTW ... along with his peers ... did Josh Braum enter the school system last week?

Janet
I never heard if Josh started back to school. The thing with the witnesses, it is just so odd, that someone in that town has not talked about who the witnesses are, I can't belive the towns people don't know who they are. I'm suspicious about the witnesses.
Also you live in a small town and a little girl goes missing on a Friday night and you wait until the following Tuesday to come forward as a witness?You have to know that Lindsey was the talk of the town for those 4 days so what took this witness so long to come forward?
I still think she was taken by a RSO or a non RSO who knows someone(a Mother,Aunt,Uncle,Dad,older relative)who lives in McCleary.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #991 on: September 17, 2009, 07:23:06 PM »

I somehow believe Sheriff Scott when he states that there were confirmed sightings of Lindsey.  Hey ... one of the witnesses was identified as a neighbour of the Baums.

Janet

+++++++

ABC News – June 30, 2009

Scott said witnesses were able to put Lindsey within a couple of blocks of her house just after 9:30 p.m. The last person reported to have seen her, he said, was a neighbor on her way to work.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=7966924&page=2

The Daily World - July 2, 2009

Scott said a second person came forward Tuesday with a confirmed sighting of Baum from Friday night in the same area along Maple Street near Fifth Street.

http://**/articles/2009/07/02/local_news/doc4a4cf43c1b1dd881132403.txt

Also Melissa Baum said one of the witnesses was a for sure witness,she knows this because she said she worked with this person.
One of the witnesses is a family friend(witness that sent Josh home,texted Melissa then saw Lindsey on her way home from KaraK's house)I don't know if the witness who is a family friend is also the witness that Melissa works with.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #992 on: September 17, 2009, 07:26:20 PM »

sebastian

Later Monkeys.

Janet

Or could it be that many residents of the area, (BeeHive Ret Center) are very elderly, & memories may not be so good.  I realize they are on 6th & Maple, but some do go for walks, altho that is a little late for them to be out, but not for sitting on porches.
I thought I read here from KaraK that the witness who sent Josh home and saw Lindsey on her way home from KaraK's house,works at the Bee-Hive.ICBW on that though and I have no time to confirm that.

My thoughts were(and still are)that Lindsey was taken by someone who was visiting someone at the Bee-Hive.

Karma Is Coming

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #993 on: September 17, 2009, 08:54:40 PM »

KaraK
« Reply #1762 on: July 08, 2009, 08:42:02 PM »

... As for working at the Beehive - I am part of that confusion apparently the witness was also the one who broke up the fight but she does not work at the BeeHive. ...

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg870856#msg870856

_____

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #994 on: September 17, 2009, 09:12:30 PM »

Sister,I cried when I saw her sing Wild Horses live.Her voice just brings me to my knees,can't wait for her CD release in November.
Sorry for the OT.
 an angelic monkey
KarmaR, anything she sings makes me cry.  I too can't wait for November.  I've already reserved my copy!

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #995 on: September 17, 2009, 09:13:47 PM »

If one of the witnesses is the same person who broke up the fight ... the family friend ... I assume that witness is creditible.  In other words ... there is no way the identity of Lindsey and the night she went missing could be mistaken.

Janet

+++++

ABC News - June 30, 2009

Baum said she last saw her daughter when Lindsey, along with her 12-year-old brother, Josh, headed out to Lindsey's friend's house in hopes she could get permission to spend the night at the Baum's house.  Baum said her children began squabbling over the use of Josh's bike on the way there and were stopped by a family friend who sent Josh home to end the argument. Lindsey continued on to her friend's house.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7966924&page=1

KaraK
« Reply #1578 on: July 07, 2009, 10:37:19 PM »

... As for the argument: according to my daughter right now: it started at Shell station (this is where they left the bike) then they continued walking til they were on Maple (I know this was confused earlier possibly because I didn't understand what Kayla was saying) they were several houses down from mine when the family friend (who apparently was visiting a another friend on this street) told Josh to go home.    - Does that make sense? If not I'll try to make it clearer but I got to run but will come back and try to catch up on any ?'s.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg868953#msg868953

_____

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #996 on: September 17, 2009, 09:43:22 PM »

Sorry for the OT.
 an angelic monkey
KarmaR, anything she sings makes me cry.  I too can't wait for November.  I've already reserved my copy!

Let me join this party!!  I can't wait for the CD to be released.  I will be first in line! 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #997 on: September 17, 2009, 09:47:40 PM »

Sorry for the OT.
 an angelic monkey

Let me join this party!!  I can't wait for the CD to be released.  I will be first in line! 

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #998 on: September 17, 2009, 10:36:27 PM »

If one of the witnesses is the same person who broke up the fight ... the family friend ... I assume that witness is creditible.  In other words ... there is no way the identity of Lindsey and the night she went missing could be mistaken.

Janet

+++++

ABC News - June 30, 2009

Baum said she last saw her daughter when Lindsey, along with her 12-year-old brother, Josh, headed out to Lindsey's friend's house in hopes she could get permission to spend the night at the Baum's house.  Baum said her children began squabbling over the use of Josh's bike on the way there and were stopped by a family friend who sent Josh home to end the argument. Lindsey continued on to her friend's house.

KaraK

... As for the argument: according to my daughter right now: it started at Shell station (this is where they left the bike) then they continued walking til they were on Maple (I know this was confused earlier possibly because I didn't understand what Kayla was saying) they were several houses down from mine when the family friend (who apparently was visiting a another friend on this street) told Josh to go home.    - Does that make sense? If not I'll try to make it clearer but I got to run but will come back and try to catch up on any ?'s.

I know she denied it, but could the witness "family friend" be MM?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #999 on: September 17, 2009, 10:44:48 PM »

Janet

+++++

ABC News - June 30, 2009

KaraK

I know she denied it, but could the witness "family friend" be MM?

Who is MM?

Thanks

Janet

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.