March 28, 2024, 12:58:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 4 8/26/09 - 9/28/09  (Read 480406 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: July 29, 2009, 08:05:09 AM »

LINDSEY BAUM
MCCLEARY, WA
MISSING SINCE JUNE 26, 2009
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 04:08:38 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 07:45:43 PM »

Thank you Nutt

Praying for you sweet Lindsey

an angelic monkey

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 09:16:35 PM »

Amber Alert Continues: After two months, search continues for McCleary girl
The Daily World (Aberdeen WA) ^ | 8/26/09

Posted on Wednesday, August 26, 2009 6:56:18 PM by llevrok

Two months ago today, 11-year-old Lindsey Baum headed out the door of her friend’s house in McCleary and never made it the few short blocks to her own home.

After weeks of endless searching, family members and investigators have found no trace of the outgoing brown-haired Girl Scout. But they continue to rally support and pursue clues as the days drag on.

“We’re continuing to follow up on leads,” Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott said Tuesday. “Things are a long way from a dead end.”

National missing child assistance organizations, KlaasKIDS Foundation and the Laura Recovery Center, also plan to host a community meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday in McCleary to coordinate renewed search efforts.

Baum disappeared June 26 while walking a short distance along Maple Street late in the evening. The 4-foot-9 girl was wearing a light blue hooded shirt and jeans at the time.

Two neighbors spotted her about halfway home, but never saw anything suspicious. Despite a massive search involving multiple law enforcement agencies, investigators have found no evidence explaining her disappearance.

A KlaasKIDS Foundation news release said new searchers and volunteers will gather Thursday night at the McCleary Community Center on Simpson Avenue to learn more about the organizations and sign up for weekend search parties.

The organization said volunteers will also be able to sign up between 9:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Friday for search area assignments. All volunteers must be at least 18 years old with photo identification.

The organizations stated they hope local businesses or families can donate bottled water, office supplies or copying facilities. For information on making donations, call the Laura Recovery Center at 1-866-898-5723.

Scott said investigators from the Sheriff’s Office, the McCleary Police Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation met Tuesday to compare notes and discuss available resources.

“The case shows progress,” he said, stating detectives at a minimum have ruled out many possibilities.

Scott said the planned weekend searches are separate from law enforcement efforts, but he hopes they may be able to find something new.

Viable leads still trickle in on the disappearance, he said. Several detectives remain dedicated to the case full-time, but obviously worry about lost clues and fading memories as the weeks pass.

The public has continued to offer as much cooperation as possible, Scott said, and detectives still work the case as hard as they did two months ago.

Law enforcement officials are asking anyone who might have any information about the whereabouts of Lindsey Baum to come forward with tips. Tips can be made by phone at 1-866-915-8299 or via e-mail at soadmin@co.grays-harbor.wa.us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2325324/posts

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 06:06:12 AM »

Amber Alert Continues: After two months, search continues for McCleary girl
The Daily World (Aberdeen WA) ^ | 8/26/09

Posted on Wednesday, August 26, 2009 6:56:18 PM by llevrok

Two months ago today, 11-year-old Lindsey Baum headed out the door of her friend’s house in McCleary and never made it the few short blocks to her own home.

After weeks of endless searching, family members and investigators have found no trace of the outgoing brown-haired Girl Scout. But they continue to rally support and pursue clues as the days drag on.

“We’re continuing to follow up on leads,” Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott said Tuesday. “Things are a long way from a dead end.”

National missing child assistance organizations, KlaasKIDS Foundation and the Laura Recovery Center, also plan to host a community meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday in McCleary to coordinate renewed search efforts.

Baum disappeared June 26 while walking a short distance along Maple Street late in the evening. The 4-foot-9 girl was wearing a light blue hooded shirt and jeans at the time.

Two neighbors spotted her about halfway home, but never saw anything suspicious. Despite a massive search involving multiple law enforcement agencies, investigators have found no evidence explaining her disappearance.

A KlaasKIDS Foundation news release said new searchers and volunteers will gather Thursday night at the McCleary Community Center on Simpson Avenue to learn more about the organizations and sign up for weekend search parties.

The organization said volunteers will also be able to sign up between 9:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Friday for search area assignments. All volunteers must be at least 18 years old with photo identification.

The organizations stated they hope local businesses or families can donate bottled water, office supplies or copying facilities. For information on making donations, call the Laura Recovery Center at 1-866-898-5723.

Scott said investigators from the Sheriff’s Office, the McCleary Police Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation met Tuesday to compare notes and discuss available resources.

“The case shows progress,” he said, stating detectives at a minimum have ruled out many possibilities.

Scott said the planned weekend searches are separate from law enforcement efforts, but he hopes they may be able to find something new.

Viable leads still trickle in on the disappearance, he said. Several detectives remain dedicated to the case full-time, but obviously worry about lost clues and fading memories as the weeks pass.

The public has continued to offer as much cooperation as possible, Scott said, and detectives still work the case as hard as they did two months ago.

Law enforcement officials are asking anyone who might have any information about the whereabouts of Lindsey Baum to come forward with tips. Tips can be made by phone at 1-866-915-8299 or via e-mail at soadmin@co.grays-harbor.wa.us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2325324/posts

Thank you Toler

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Cluemaster
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 10:59:38 AM »

Has anyone thought of searching the vacant and foreclosed 5 acres and house at 12310 Summit Lake Road NW, which is next to the highway between Olympia and McCleary in Thurston County?
It belonged to a Mark Duncan, live-in boyfriend of Melissa McCann, who have both known Lindseys mother since attending Timberline High together in 89/90.

Just a thought.....
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 11:21:34 AM »

Welcome to Scared Monkeys Cluemaster!!!!!! 

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 11:52:34 AM »

Welcome to Scared Monkeys Cluemaster!!!!!! 
WELCOME and that is interesting info
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 12:51:33 PM »

Has anyone thought of searching the vacant and foreclosed 5 acres and house at 12310 Summit Lake Road NW, which is next to the highway between Olympia and McCleary in Thurston County?
It belonged to a Mark Duncan, live-in boyfriend of Melissa McCann, who have both known Lindseys mother since attending Timberline High together in 89/90.

Just a thought.....

Live in boyfriend!!  This is huge!!

Why has this info not been revealed before?

Thanks Cluemaster.

Janet

++++++

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MonkeyinSC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 01:49:30 PM »

Just a thought.....

Welcome Cluemaster !   You don't happen to know what line of work Mr. Duncan is in, do you?
MonkeyinSC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 02:09:11 PM »

Just a thought.....

Anyone: I am still a newbie here...is it OK for me to post a pic of this person mentioned by Cluemaster? Personally, I don't like my first visual impression of the guy... I also found his stated occupation and other personal info to be quite of interest...
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 02:42:53 PM »

I'm not sure MonkeyinSC, my first thought is post & the mods can remove if inappropriate.  But thats just me, act first - think later

MonkeyinSC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 02:53:53 PM »

I'm not sure MonkeyinSC, my first thought is post & the mods can remove if inappropriate.  But thats just me, act first - think later

LOL !! 

I'm a newbie and I don't want to do something that is obvious to others as a big no-no and get kicked outta the cage yet.. I just got here ! Wink
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 03:03:14 PM »

LOL !! 

I'm a newbie and I don't want to do something that is obvious to others as a big no-no and get kicked outta the cage yet.. I just got here ! Wink

I put a shout out to Nut in the Caylee thread, hopefully she'll come over and give you the go-a-head. 

JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2009, 03:34:11 PM »

I'm pretty sure you can post it. Just don't include telephone or social security numbers (even partial numbers are a no-no).

MonkeyinSC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2009, 03:38:32 PM »

LOL !! 

I put a shout out to Nut in the Caylee thread, hopefully she'll come over and give you the go-a-head. 
Thank you so much for your help, lovinlife !!
MonkeyinSC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 03:47:13 PM »

Just a thought.....

This is what I sleuthed, some info deleted (children names, etc)

I am not able to figure out how (or if I'm allowed, since I'm new) to post a pic, so instead I will just give the link below for the picture... the other info is there as well.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:y7lcwH89JfoJ:www.timberline89.com/class_profile.cfm%3Fmember_id%3D1429654+mark+duncan+timberline+high&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Birthday:     February 22, 1971
Mark Duncan

Last Updated:     July 10, 2009 <--- date rings a bell with me for some reason

Residing In:     Elma, WA USA

Spouse/Partner:     Melissa McCann <--- supposed best friend of MB, LB's mom

Occupation:  Realtor <--- would know his way around the area, backroads, in the dark, etc

Children:     (deleted)   2 girls,  10 and 12 years old <-- friends of LB perhaps? would she willingly go with their dad?

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 04:12:04 PM »

MonkeyinSC thank-you, very interesting 
MonkeyinSC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009, 04:25:50 PM »

Thank you No Rose !

This is purely IMO, me thinking like a 10-yr old:

I'm walking home at night, and I'm scared of the dark, and I'm upset cuz I got in a fight with my brother, and I'm upset because I can't sleepover at my friends' house--- and my mom's best friends' boyfriend pulls up in a car offering me a ride home, I would probably--scratch that--i would definitely--get in the car, not even thinking twice about it. It was someone I "know" , not a "stranger"... and I don't live far from here, it'll only take a minute for him to drive me over there, so I'll be ok...
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2009, 04:36:07 PM »

Thank you No Rose !

This is purely IMO, me thinking like a 10-yr old:

I'm walking home at night, and I'm scared of the dark, and I'm upset cuz I got in a fight with my brother, and I'm upset because I can't sleepover at my friends' house--- and my mom's best friends' boyfriend pulls up in a car offering me a ride home, I would probably--scratch that--i would definitely--get in the car, not even thinking twice about it. It was someone I "know" , not a "stranger"... and I don't live far from here, it'll only take a minute for him to drive me over there, so I'll be ok...
I would also, and not think a thing about it. I really do believe Lindsey knew the person, and I also believe someone saw something, just my gut feelings.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2009, 05:47:20 PM »

Just a thought.....

Anyone: I am still a newbie here...is it OK for me to post a pic of this person mentioned by Cluemaster? Personally, I don't like my first visual impression of the guy... I also found his stated occupation and other personal info to be quite of interest...

I don't mind you posting his photo if his photo was found online like from his Myspace or Facebook.  In other words, if he has already put it out there.  If the photo is something someone took without his knowledge, then maybe not a good idea. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.