April 19, 2024, 03:31:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 4 8/26/09 - 9/28/09  (Read 482084 times)
MelissaMcCann
Scared Monkey

One of the reasons I was born

« Reply #140 on: August 29, 2009, 08:26:03 PM »

[/quote]     I have some questions!  Before you and MD hooked up and before MD was allowed custody he obviously must have been the better choice of two parents.  I'm curious to the amount of self education parents sought for a daughter with asbergers.  It is quite a struggle managing the physical and mental forms of this disability and also to navigate a medical world for treatment as well as goverment agencies.  This is such a rare form of of functioning autism I find it difficult to believe that MD and MB through you never had a discussion about support groups and help once the child with Asbergers enters school.  There are three support groups near McCleary that can help guide a parent.  JB has already entered the court system with his anti social fire starting and underlining aggression.  Being MB's friend she didn't confide in you (knowledge is power) her frustrations with JB because they were huge in the psychiatric world of getting a child help.  This seemed to be source of concern for Lindsey with what we know to date.  My space comments, running to the neighbors for help and calling 911.  Whoa monkey's, jump back.  Your a close friend now so I ask how mom is handeling the new school yr. for JB and pray due to his agressive, firestarting behaviors if he is in a behavior modification program and if the scholl will let him attend.  A frustrating loss may bring out even worse syptoms if not addressed.  If MB isn't in a support group I would be more than gratefull to direct her in the right and good diretion.
[/quote]

Mark would be the better person to address this but I will do my best as I am new to learning about aspergers. Aspergers, as most conditions affect people differently. JB and MD's daughter are as different as night and day. Also again, we just got the girls awarded to us August 25th. Prior to that they have been splitting time between their mother and us. MD and his family are from Olympia. Different cities, different schools, there really wasnt a reason to connect JB and MD's daughter. MD and his ex wife have researched aspergers, joined the different groups, fought to get an IEP, ect..  I know what MB goes through with JB and he has more issues than aspergers so we dont deal with anything that MB does. thanks for your concern regarding that but MB has been dealing with this issue for years.

Also, Mark is not the better parent but we do currently provide the best situation for the children.  The girls mom loves them wholeheartedly and we hope that her anger will not be a deterant in finding common ground when it comes to raising the girls.

regarding MB. She is doing what she can to help JB. She has the programs in place that need to be there and thank you for your concern
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #141 on: August 29, 2009, 08:48:13 PM »

MM I think it is very gracious to answer the questions, but please do not feel you must answer invasive questions about your family that have nothing to do with Lindsey. You have a right to privacy concerning the disabled child living in your home. There are several places you can get information for therapies and such, please do not contact some random person for help.

http://www.autism-society.org/site/PageServer is a good place to start.
Kona Kare
Scared Monkey

« Reply #142 on: August 29, 2009, 08:54:34 PM »

Tracygirl - I need to know what nickname she registered under.  I don't see anyone that is looking like her unless somehow I'm missing it.

Melissa - your account is now approved.  FYI - there are 700+ people waiting that have registered.  We have been busy and I haven't been approving many members. 
     I have some questions!  Before you and MD hooked up and before MD was allowed custody he obviously must have been the better choice of two parents.  I'm curious to the amount of self education parents sought for a daughter with asbergers.  It is quite a struggle managing the physical and mental forms of this disability and also to navigate a medical world for treatment as well as goverment agencies.  This is such a rare form of of functioning autism I find it difficult to believe that MD and MB through you never had a discussion about support groups and help once the child with Asbergers enters school.  There are three support groups near McCleary that can help guide a parent.  JB has already entered the court system with his anti social fire starting and underlining aggression.  Being MB's friend she didn't confide in you (knowledge is power) her frustrations with JB because they were huge in the psychiatric world of getting a child help.  This seemed to be source of concern for Lindsey with what we know to date.  My space comments, running to the neighbors for help and calling 911.  Whoa monkey's, jump back.  Your a close friend now so I ask how mom is handeling the new school yr. for JB and pray due to his agressive, firestarting behaviors if he is in a behavior modification program and if the scholl will let him attend.  A frustrating loss may bring out even worse syptoms if not addressed.  If MB isn't in a support group I would be more than gratefull to direct her in the right and good diretion.

Interesting posting Kona...Why are we discussing this issue? Does it have any reliviance to this case or are you again bringing up the fact that this boy has a disability? Does the fact you state he started a fire have any thing to do with anything? This boy has a right to privacy just as the other kids do who spat on him...what are their names and do they have any disabilities?
BTW, aspergers is not physical and it is not rare. 1 in 5 children in our country have a form of autism, most being on the higher end.
[/quote  I'm bringing this up because it is in my field as I worked on adolescent psych inpatient.  I have more empathy for children and adults with disabilities as I just retired from from working with spinalcord injuries.  Enough of me.  I'm truly concerned as at this point knowone truly knows what happened to Lindsey and if her brother may have befriended someone and talked about his sis in a not so nice way.  Also LE uses a bit different approach when interviewing an adolescent with Asbergers who has shown agressive acting out behavior.   Impulse control is one of things you look for when doing an intake along with other negative behaviors.  These children are picked on and they find it more difficult to talk about this causing them to retaliate towards the instigator or take it out on themselves.  The asberger child and what is considered a normal child committ crimes the same rate.  Having Asbergers doesn't make you prone to being a criminal.  A parent who has a child acting out as JB has must seek attention for them as well as a child with a disability.  Of course I bring this up as JB was also one of the last people to see his sister as well as the others mentioned.  I'v approached this subject delicately as he is only 12 yrs age wise.  I can post a psychiatric periodical showing how important these signs of behavior JB showed to get him into trouble are to clinicians, LE and with Lindsey's case FBI.  I love children and epecially those who have a difficult time expressing themselves.  Regardless of good and behavior in question, bad they are children with rights who have a voice to be heard.  This particular disorder is very difficult on a parent day to day.  My concern is a possible male manipulating JB (no father figure around and we heard Lindsey was sad about this) into getting to know Lindsey or even mom.  This is just another option to think about.
Kona Kare
Scared Monkey

« Reply #143 on: August 29, 2009, 09:10:23 PM »

MM I think it is very gracious to answer the questions, but please do not feel you must answer invasive questions about your family that have nothing to do with Lindsey. You have a right to privacy concerning the disabled child living in your home. There are several places you can get information for therapies and such, please do not contact some random person for help.

http://www.autism-society.org/site/PageServer is a good place to start.

I meant know harm and don't need to know anything about MD daughter because girls with this disorder are different in many aspects. It just peaked a subject.  My curiosty stems also from being a mother of a 21yr.old stricten at age 16 with 2 forms of seizure disorder and I couldn't reach out to enough moms who were providing care there child with the same disorder.  Just reading about both children and the little bit of info on the case makes one look at the dynamics in the home that might give an SO the idea to zone in on one, two, three, members of the family.  Your about as close as I'v seen to Melissa that could understand why he may have been looked at by a predator to get to Lindsey.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #144 on: August 29, 2009, 09:11:22 PM »

First off the condition is spelled, Aspergers, not asbergers.

http://www.autism-society.org/site/PageServer it will give you information on the condition you wish to discuss.

Spinal cord injuries and autism are so far removed from eachother. Please educate yourself on this condition.

Kona Kare
Scared Monkey

« Reply #145 on: August 29, 2009, 09:27:41 PM »

http://www.autism-society.org/site/PageServer it will give you information on the condition you wish to discuss.

Spinal cord injuries and autism are so far removed from eachother. Please educate yourself on this condition.   Thanks for the spell check.  I have worked in both fields as I stated.  Sorry to stir such emotion.  I wouldn't have discussed this condition in males had Lindsey not complained, forcing her to call 911 one and tell her fears concerning her brother.  Those fears have evrything to do with evrything.  LE is currently setting up designated National Forensic units for the purpose of interviewing when a person who suffers from this disorder as it has been found that many in LE do not recognize this disorder and many people suffering from this form of autism are wrongly accused.  This is abig movement in rights for the disabled.  Truce???  I'm actually holding back the periodical as many would be alarmed.  I obviously hit a nerve so it makes me wonder if anyone would be open to reading pertinate information that talks about some of the troubles experienced by JB.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #146 on: August 29, 2009, 09:42:20 PM »

Spinal cord injuries and autism are so far removed from eachother. Please educate yourself on this condition.   Thanks for the spell check.  I have worked in both fields as I stated.  Sorry to stir such emotion.  I wouldn't have discussed this condition in males had Lindsey not complained, forcing her to call 911 one and tell her fears concerning her brother.  Those fears have evrything to do with evrything.  LE is currently setting up designated National Forensic units for the purpose of interviewing when a person who suffers from this disorder as it has been found that many in LE do not recognize this disorder and many people suffering from this form of autism are wrongly accused.  This is abig movement in rights for the disabled.  Truce???  I'm actually holding back the periodical as many would be alarmed.  I obviously hit a nerve so it makes me wonder if anyone would be open to reading pertinate information that talks about some of the troubles experienced by JB.

The nerve that you hit has to do with people who have loved ones with disabilities. Making inaccurate statements about various disabilities and/or coupling disabilities that are so far removed, is frequently irritating to those who manage loved ones with disabilities on a daily basis.  Spinal cord injuries, seizure disorders, autism, closed head brain injuries are not the same, other than they can be a disability.  If the periodical sheds light on Lindsey being returned home, then post away.  Otherwise, IMHO it has no relevance here.  This is just me, but please post the relevance before you post the article.  There are hundreds of articles that speak of divorced parents behavior, sibling behavior, bullying, etc etc.  Relevance is the key IMO

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #147 on: August 29, 2009, 10:07:42 PM »

I agree with all that you posted Tracy but what I found a crappy thing to do was have someone on these forums track down an IP addy of one of the posters.
I don't know Melissa M,Melissa B,Mark D nor ClueMaster however I would like to make up my own mind about these people and not have it made up for me by posters on the internet playing junior detectives.

[/quote]

Thanks for the approval.  Happy to be a part of this site finally.

Regarding this above statment, Insert your name in place of Mark's in the things that were posted and tell me you just turn a blind eye to it.  We asked for some help in tracking down where this was coming from due to the nature of what was being said and the fact we have children involved. Its as much our right to find out who is doin the bs as it for any yahoo to post whatever they want on here.  Finding out an IP address is no different than any of you going to websites to obtain information such as addresses, court docs, ect....
[/quote]

I disagree sorry. Posting information available to the general public through an internet search is TOTALLY different that using an IP sniffer to look up where someone is posting from on the internet. And then to share that INFO with everyone on the board, is WRONG.

I have no problem with admins of a board I am posting from knowing my IP, that's an option available to them as a webmaster and I give them that permission by agreeing to the terms of service when I register.  But I am uncomfortable posting with someone who would sniff my info via my IP and post what city I am for the whole world to see.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Kona Kare
Scared Monkey

« Reply #148 on: August 29, 2009, 11:03:00 PM »

The nerve that you hit has to do with people who have loved ones with disabilities. Making inaccurate statements about various disabilities and/or coupling disabilities that are so far removed, is frequently irritating to those who manage loved ones with disabilities on a daily basis.  Spinal cord injuries, seizure disorders, autism, closed head brain injuries are not the same, other than they can be a disability.  If the periodical sheds light on Lindsey being returned home, then post away.  Otherwise, IMHO it has no relevance here.  This is just me, but please post the relevance before you post the article.  There are hundreds of articles that speak of divorced parents behavior, sibling behavior, bullying, etc etc.  Relevance is the key IMO
  I explained the relevance to Lindsey's case.  I stated my career with working with adolescence on an inpatient locked unit.  Yes we had children just like JB.  Lindsey' thoughts on my space made me take a closer look at the dynamics of the family as Lindsey was concerned.  Working with children has led me to listening to there concerns as any good therapist.  I will not believe Lindsey doesn't want every stone unturned in order to find her.  It is not out of the question that a male befriended JB in order to reach his sister.  Having an educated conversation about this particular brain disorder and how someone may have taken advantage of JB knowing his issues of agression towards Lindsey, is out of the question I'll move forward.  Also how do you not know if I also am a care provider 24/7.  Please read up on adolescent Asepergers & violence associated with fire starting.  I think you will be enlightened.  Not saying JB did anything to contribute to Lindsey's abduction knowingly.  Only saying JB may have been manipulated by an older adult.  Free your mind!  Knowledge is power.  I'm not talking negavtive about anyone.  I'm only pointing to another aspect a SO may use.  It's been daid JB is really social and we have not a clue who may have entered his life for one purpose, Lindsey.  Not one of my statements is inaccurate, not even my admission of care providing, beyond my son.  University of Washington has alot of info also on as many brain disorders you can think of.  I thought this was a site open for discussion of anything pertaining to Lindsey and brother certainly is.  I'm over it.  Don't get your banans in bunch.  This is the real world!
MelissaMcCann
Scared Monkey

One of the reasons I was born

« Reply #149 on: August 29, 2009, 11:44:07 PM »

I agree with all that you posted Tracy but what I found a crappy thing to do was have someone on these forums track down an IP addy of one of the posters.
I don't know Melissa M,Melissa B,Mark D nor ClueMaster however I would like to make up my own mind about these people and not have it made up for me by posters on the internet playing junior detectives.

Regarding this above statment, Insert your name in place of Mark's in the things that were posted and tell me you just turn a blind eye to it.  We asked for some help in tracking down where this was coming from due to the nature of what was being said and the fact we have children involved. Its as much our right to find out who is doin the bs as it for any yahoo to post whatever they want on here.  Finding out an IP address is no different than any of you going to websites to obtain information such as addresses, court docs, ect....
[/quote]

I disagree sorry. Posting information available to the general public through an internet search is TOTALLY different that using an IP sniffer to look up where someone is posting from on the internet. And then to share that INFO with everyone on the board, is WRONG.

I have no problem with admins of a board I am posting from knowing my IP, that's an option available to them as a webmaster and I give them that permission by agreeing to the terms of service when I register.  But I am uncomfortable posting with someone who would sniff my info via my IP and post what city I am for the whole world to see.

[/quote]
I have a problem with someone going on a public site, where anyone can see, and posting outright lies about me.  I also take issue when that person sends emails making those same libelous accusations.  If I have the ability to track that person and find out who is attacking me, i will do it and so would you.  I am turning this over to my attorney and we will see what happens.  I know of at least one person who has asked the authorities to look into it.
markduncan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #150 on: August 29, 2009, 11:49:41 PM »

[/quote]
I have a problem with someone going on a public site, where anyone can see, and posting outright lies about me.  I also take issue when that person sends emails making those same libelous accusations.  If I have the ability to track that person and find out who is attacking me, i will do it and so would you.  I am turning this over to my attorney and we will see what happens.  I know of at least one person who has asked the authorities to look into it.
[/quote]

oops!  this was my post.  i forgot that melissa was logged into my computer and posted without loggin her out and me in...md
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #151 on: August 30, 2009, 12:02:45 AM »

When you email someone, your IP shows in the properties of the email.  I have been told that people that emailed Cluemaster, got a response back from Cluemaster that now they (Cluemaster) knew where they lived.   

So I don't know what kind of games Cluemaster is trying to play but I don't appreciate them.   I'll will give Cluemaster an opportunity to explain before I ban Cluemaster from SM. 

A childs life could be at stake and these types of distractions are of no help.

Cluemaster
Scared Monkey

« Reply #152 on: August 30, 2009, 12:33:53 AM »

I am sorry for any stress and will be ok with being cancelled. I have told people on e-mails how easy it is to find public information to think about their own words they write. I only want Lindsey found safely and want all people that are innocent cleared and left alone. My intentions were to just clear up inconsistent messages I received with no harm intended. This is my first time blogging and I will not be doing it again, as LE is the place to give tips to be researched by professionals. I am sorry to MD and MM for any stress and am dropping the subject. Goodbye

P.S. None of my information was obtained illegally by hacking, just by using tidbits found on the internet.
markduncan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #153 on: August 30, 2009, 12:44:44 AM »

I am sorry for any stress and will be ok with being cancelled. I have told people on e-mails how easy it is to find public information to think about their own words they write. I only want Lindsey found safely and want all people that are innocent cleared and left alone. My intentions were to just clear up inconsistent messages I received with no harm intended. This is my first time blogging and I will not be doing it again, as LE is the place to give tips to be researched by professionals. I am sorry to MD and MM for any stress and am dropping the subject. Goodbye

P.S. None of my information was obtained illegally by hacking, just by using tidbits found on the internet.
Cluemaster: where did you find your lies (aka tidbits) about such things as identity theft, green river killer suspect, Asperger's medications?  These are not just misunderstandings.  These are outright lies and I now know who you are and what your agenda is.  The only place that they seem to be on the internet, is places that the information came from you. 

You may have thought you were helping, but actually you only made things worse.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #154 on: August 30, 2009, 12:46:15 AM »

Cluemaster - if it makes you feel any better I'm sure LE follows the posts here.  I'm going to go ahead and cancel your account as I believe you have caused more trouble here and taken AWAY from the research into what happened to Lindsey. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #155 on: August 30, 2009, 12:50:25 AM »

Cluemaster: where did you find your lies (aka tidbits) about such things as identity theft, green river killer suspect, Asperger's medications?  These are not just misunderstandings.  These are outright lies and I now know who you are and what your agenda is.  The only place that they seem to be on the internet, is places that the information came from you. 

Mark - Cluemaster won't be answering you, they signed off and I have now banned them.  We don't need lies and distractions, we need people to pull together to help find Lindsey. 

I'm sorry all this happened to you guys and would like to move beyond it now.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #156 on: August 30, 2009, 12:51:55 AM »

Sister thank you very much...I know about aspergeres and other asd's due to working with those affected professionally as well as advocating on their behalf. I just so happen to also be a mom to a child with autism. No one hit a nerve because I am a mom, but because they are misstating things and also saying things are facts when they are not. my only response to them is to please back up what you say with facts. Just because they are saying it, doesn't mean it is true. I trust all of you to be smart enough to not just take someone's words for something without first checking.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #157 on: August 30, 2009, 12:57:38 AM »

Sister thank you very much...I know about aspergeres and other asd's due to working with those affected professionally as well as advocating on their behalf. I just so happen to also be a mom to a child with autism. No one hit a nerve because I am a mom, but because they are misstating things and also saying things are facts when they are not. my only response to them is to please back up what you say with facts. Just because they are saying it, doesn't mean it is true. I trust all of you to be smart enough to not just take someone's words for something without first checking.

Tracygirl, I know -- I have been working with a closed head brain injury with George -- 20 years this coming December.  I like you advocate for the disabled and when people give out incorrect information, it makes me steam.  To have some poor child raked over the coals on unverified information and innuendo is so uncalled for and assuredly is not professional.  But then, we've been down this trail before . . .

markduncan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #158 on: August 30, 2009, 01:04:40 AM »

Mark - Cluemaster won't be answering you, they signed off and I have now banned them.  We don't need lies and distractions, we need people to pull together to help find Lindsey. 

I'm sorry all this happened to you guys and would like to move beyond it now.
Thank you.  This person has no interest in finding Lindsey.  I am glad that you see that and sent them away.  Hopefully something of substance can be uncovereded here.  I wish you luck in helping to find Lindsey, and all other missing children
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #159 on: August 30, 2009, 01:05:50 AM »

Thank you, Klaas.   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.