March 28, 2024, 07:55:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 4 8/26/09 - 9/28/09  (Read 480371 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #440 on: September 08, 2009, 11:38:30 PM »

Last thought for the evening, wonder what LE did about the death scent.  Mr Oaks clearly states it may not be Lindsey, but he also said the dog did alert.  After reading the article KarmaR posted earlier, it sure is a puzzlement.

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #441 on: September 09, 2009, 05:36:58 AM »

I am really surprised that Harry gave you that information since he is bound by the contract not to discuss his findings with anyone but LE & FBI   
Harry also gave a copy of the report to Kara K.(and discussed it with her) so I don't know?

Karma ... the following are the posts submitted to SM where Kara discusses the 6th Street route/search.  Was it on another forum that Kara claims she received a report?  Maybe she shared this info DD.

Janet

++++++

KARA KAMPEN:  THE WITNESS - THE DOGS - THE SIXTH STREET ROUTE/SEARCH?

KaraK
Re: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09
« Reply #350 on: July 01, 2009, 05:25:22 PM »

For some of the other posters regarding the camera's and Lindsey's route: From a possible witness on the night that Lindsey disappeared she did not take her regular route home. If that is true she would not have had to come through an area where she would have been picked up on those camera's. Instead she would have been headed up 6th street hill into a strictly residential area where there are no businesses which would be consistent with the original trail said to have been picked up by the dogs.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg860401#msg860401

KaraK
« Reply #992 on: July 04, 2009, 09:13:38 PM »

When Lindsey left my house she headed down maple street - my daughter watched her until the neighbors trees got in the way that would have been before she hit the corner of 7th and Maple. Either route she took either straight home or up 6th she would have had to walk down Maple street a ways.

Originally I was told that they picked up Lindsey's scent on the corner of 6th and Maple (near Beehive retirement center) and it went up 6th street (so to me that is a right onto 6th street) I was even told another location nearer to her house where they picked up her scent as well. They are no longer saying this and are now saying the dogs never picked up a scent (that's impossible isn't it????) So I am confused and not sure now what the real story is.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg864342#msg864342

KaraK
« Reply #1012 on: July 04, 2009, 10:27:20 PM »

I do want to let you know I just had a visitor that Lindsey's family hired - an independent tracker renowned for helping where others have failed http://www.k9sardog.com/harryoakes.html and he says he picked up a scent nearly the same as I was told before. He cut his usual fee and is currently trying to track using his trained dogs. Pray he finds something that the others have missed!!!

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg864394#msg864394

KaraK
« Reply #1152 on: July 05, 2009, 06:12:45 PM »

Absolutely - don't worry about me just do what you guys have to do. - I stand by what I was told early on about where Lindsey's scent was picked up but I will have to confirm direction with Mr. Oakes if I get to see him again as far as the most recent trail that was picked up. He never actually mentioned a scent on Pine or anything like that simply 6th and then he too mentioned and searched the same area past her house that was picked up by the original dogs. If I can talk to him I will try to confirm exactly where the scent led and if it seemed to be a solid trail.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg865282#msg865282

KaraK
« Reply #1229 on: July 05, 2009, 10:27:51 PM »

I am a bit confused now as to where the eye witness says she saw Lindsey. I would strongly suggest if my information is the only one throwing the witness accounts off base then I would ignore what I said. I did not see Lindsey after she left so I could not accurately attest to which direction she headed. I had thought that the witness originally stated going up 6th but I have not been able to find where I read that so maybe I did not. That is why it seemed to add up with what I was told early on about the tracking dogs... This is my major gray area so I should probably refrain from speculating since now I seem to be the one adding a "rumored" account.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg865710#msg865710

Kara sounds confusing,I believe she is talking about 2 different dog searches.....one from LE and one from Harry.Seems she only thought she read(somewhere?Blogs?Media misreporting?)that the dogs tracked her on 6th street.If the dogs tracked her on Beck street,Lindsey would have had to make a left on one of those streets on Maple,not a right,to get to Beck street.
I do know that Kara shared the dog search report(Harry's)with DD and with JenniferO from WS.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #442 on: September 09, 2009, 10:00:56 AM »

KarmaR, had you read about Beck Street before and the death scent?  I hadn't, so I was surprised.

doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #443 on: September 09, 2009, 11:04:02 AM »

Search for Lindsey Baum

When:

Saturday and Sunday (Sept 12 and 13)
8:30 am to 4:30 pm

Where:

Beerbower Park
Downtown McCleary Next to City Hall

Dress:

Dress for the weather and wear comfortable
shoes. Long sleeves and pants suggested.

Bring:

If you have; flash light, cell phone, walkie talkies,
garmen or gps devices, backpack to carry water
and snacks.

We will also need a few people to work at the center, so if you
aren’t able to search, we can still use your help.

For more information or any questions
contact us on our

donations can be made for the search at any Sterling Savings bank.. be sure and tell them it's for the LINDSEY BAUM SEARCH FUND

Directly from Melissa Baum

Thank you all for your continued support in the effort to find my daughter Lindsey Jo Baum. I am attaching a flyer with info on the search we are doing this weekend. If you could help us get the info out there. It's same as before, we need searchers. We can also use the same donations as last time: drinks, snacks, food, copy paper, papertowels, toilet paper. We will have an rv set up this time at the park next to city hall as we have been unable to get a building for this weekend but are still doing the search.
If you have any questions feel free to contact myself (Melissa Baum): at 360-495-3400 Home 360-470-3726 cell or Kara Kampen at 360-861-8072.___________________________________

This is From Kara to JenniferO/passed on to DD to post - Highlighted by DD

SEARCH FUND INFORMATION FOR THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN ASKING

Account Type: Dual Signature with Unrelated Third Party Monitoring

Again this is a COPY and PASTE of an email sent to me by Kara.

I am a signer as is A*****. She is not family. I believe she is an acquaintance of Melissa's but I asked her to be a signer because she handled the last money raised at the fundraiser that was strictly to go for the family (before the search center and not associated with an account) and she was very thorough and by the book. Every penny had to be accounted for before she would dole it out. Marc Klaas and Brad Dennis both met her and were both really impressed with her.

Also - we set up the account so that no one person can make a withdrawal - two signatures are required for ALL transactions and all withdrawals have to be logged and backed up by receipts. Copies kept personally and a copy kept at the bank. Which I believe is part of the third party monitoring.

A and I are also the signers on the reward account which is set up the same way so that money can not be withdrawn by any one individual and not unless the reward is being paid out in full.

I am not sure who to have them talk to but FBI is aware of it and was there the day it was set up and they affirmed that they monitor them as well as the IRS just so nothing hinky can take place. I know there are concerns about the money being used for personal reasons but the account was set up solely for search so MB nor A nor I can access it for any other reason. We set it up the way that we did based on what we were told by LRC and FBI on how it had to be handled and MB is not privvy to the deposits made to it or the statements but other agencies involved are so it will be being watched like a hawk.

Not sure that helps or is even explanatory enough - but I can promise you no one with access to the money in either account would touch it for any reason other than what it was set up for.

Let me know if you need to know anything else about it. I believe the info that I just gave you can also be gotten if they were to call McCleary Sterling Savings and talk to the branch manager. I believe she can at least divulge the basics of the account. Just not the personal info attached to it.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 04:24:07 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #444 on: September 09, 2009, 11:21:18 AM »

Good to see you DD
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #445 on: September 09, 2009, 11:44:23 AM »

DD

Who is organizing the search?

Where are the areas being searched?

Are financial statements available upon request?

Thank you.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #446 on: September 09, 2009, 12:13:41 PM »

Good to see you DD

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #447 on: September 09, 2009, 12:59:25 PM »

Chi, I'm glad he's talking too -- I just think it odd to reveal this information on a forum and not via the press or something like that.  That part, I just don't get.

Mr. Oakes did the search, handed his findings over to the proper folks.  Then it seems nothing was done with that info, like it could have been totally ignored.  This may have frustrated Mr. Oakes, as it would have me. 

After waiting and realizing his findings weren't being taken seriously by the authorities, perhaps he DID reveal the info to the press, we don't have that info, he hasn't said if he did or not, or did I miss that?  The media may be, as in other cases, taking their cue on what to report or not report from the authorities. 

If the above is true, then perhaps Mr. Oakes is sharing his info with a listening audience, those who contact him (online forums, etc).  Could be that he is very glad that finally someone is hearing what his findings were.  Any route necessary to get the truth out, IMO. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #448 on: September 09, 2009, 04:17:37 PM »

Search for Lindsey Baum

When:

Saturday and Sunday (Sept 12 and 13)
8:30 am to 4:30 pm

Where:

Beerbower Park
Downtown McCleary Next to City Hall

Dress:

Dress for the weather and wear comfortable
shoes. Long sleeves and pants suggested.

Bring:

If you have; flash light, cell phone, walkie talkies,
garmen or gps devices, backpack to carry water
and snacks.

We will also need a few people to work at the center, so if you
aren’t able to search, we can still use your help.

For more information or any questions
contact us on our

donations can be made for the search at any Sterling Savings bank.. be sure and tell them it's for the LINDSEY BAUM SEARCH FUND

Directly from Melissa Baum

Thank you all for your continued support in the effort to find my daughter Lindsey Jo Baum. I am attaching a flyer with info on the search we are doing this weekend. If you could help us get the info out there. It's same as before, we need searchers. We can also use the same donations as last time: drinks, snacks, food, copy paper, papertowels, toilet paper. We will have an rv set up this time at the park next to city hall as we have been unable to get a building for this weekend but are still doing the search.
If you have any questions feel free to contact myself (Melissa Baum): at 360-495-3400 Home 360-470-3726 cell or Kara Kampen at 360-861-8072.___________________________________

This is From Kara to JenniferO/passed on to DD to post - Highlighted by DD

SEARCH FUND INFORMATION FOR THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN ASKING

Account Type: Dual Signature with Unrelated Third Party Monitoring

Again this is a COPY and PASTE of an email sent to me by Kara.

I am a signer as is A*****. She is not family. I believe she is an acquaintance of Melissa's but I asked her to be a signer because she handled the last money raised at the fundraiser that was strictly to go for the family (before the search center and not associated with an account) and she was very thorough and by the book. Every penny had to be accounted for before she would dole it out. Marc Klaas and Brad Dennis both met her and were both really impressed with her.

Also - we set up the account so that no one person can make a withdrawal - two signatures are required for ALL transactions and all withdrawals have to be logged and backed up by receipts. Copies kept personally and a copy kept at the bank. Which I believe is part of the third party monitoring.

A and I are also the signers on the reward account which is set up the same way so that money can not be withdrawn by any one individual and not unless the reward is being paid out in full.

I am not sure who to have them talk to but FBI is aware of it and was there the day it was set up and they affirmed that they monitor them as well as the IRS just so nothing hinky can take place. I know there are concerns about the money being used for personal reasons but the account was set up solely for search so MB nor A nor I can access it for any other reason. We set it up the way that we did based on what we were told by LRC and FBI on how it had to be handled and MB is not privvy to the deposits made to it or the statements but other agencies involved are so it will be being watched like a hawk.

Not sure that helps or is even explanatory enough - but I can promise you no one with access to the money in either account would touch it for any reason other than what it was set up for.

Let me know if you need to know anything else about it. I believe the info that I just gave you can also be gotten if they were to call McCleary Sterling Savings and talk to the branch manager. I believe she can at least divulge the basics of the account. Just not the personal info attached to it.

just was told there is a change in plans ugh...

UPDATE

Corrected info on the searches

NO SEARCH ON FRIDAY.

Searches are going to be done on Saturday and Sunday only (Sept 12 and 13).

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EDIT THE ORGINAL POST.. THANKS
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 04:27:29 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #449 on: September 09, 2009, 04:22:50 PM »

DD

Thank you.

Janet

One of the laura recovery volunteers is coming up to help will be there on Saturday, along with others who were at the last search who were trained to help by the LRC.

They do not tell where they search

You would have to contact the sterling bank or one of the people in charge of the search fund to ask those questions.  I had asked for some info on the search fund so people would know what it is all about, and the above is the reply I received, so other than that I don't know, I have nothing at all to do with it, so I don't want to be assuming anything.

all I did was copy my reply which they gave me to post wherever, and I brought it here, other than that I should not be the one answering questions about the search fund.

To find me:
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #450 on: September 09, 2009, 04:30:38 PM »

DD / done  salut

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #451 on: September 09, 2009, 04:40:57 PM »

KarmaR, had you read about Beck Street before and the death scent?  I hadn't, so I was surprised.
Sister I was very surprised to read the dogs scented on Beck ST.I never read that before.I think DD has a copy of the Harry dog search report so maybe she will come on to clear this up or confirm it.I see no harm in sharing this info as it seems the LE aren't doing a thing about it.

Karma Is Coming

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #452 on: September 09, 2009, 05:08:21 PM »

DD

Thank you.

Janet

One of the laura recovery volunteers is coming up to help will be there on Saturday, along with others who were at the last search who were trained to help by the LRC.

They do not tell where they search

You would have to contact the sterling bank or one of the people in charge of the search fund to ask those questions.  I had asked for some info on the search fund so people would know what it is all about, and the above is the reply I received, so other than that I don't know, I have nothing at all to do with it, so I don't want to be assuming anything.

all I did was copy my reply which they gave me to post wherever, and I brought it here, other than that I should not be the one answering questions about the search fund.

Thank you.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #453 on: September 09, 2009, 07:00:31 PM »

Uhhhhh... do we want those phone numbers in that search thing up there??   

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #454 on: September 09, 2009, 07:03:08 PM »

Here is a map that DD had posted in the photos/maps thread.Shows Beck ST. up from Mommsen ST.
Looks like 1st ST. goes from Beck to Mommsen,almost right in front of Lindsey's house.

Karma Is Coming

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #455 on: September 09, 2009, 07:05:31 PM »

WYKES - it is my understanding that DD was sent that information and asked to post it and share it on forums. 
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #456 on: September 09, 2009, 07:08:07 PM »

WYKES - it is my understanding that DD was sent that information and asked to post it and share it on forums. 

Ok, just making sure it wasn't overlooked.. thanks! 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #457 on: September 09, 2009, 07:17:21 PM »

Here is a map that DD had posted in the photos/maps thread.Shows Beck ST. up from Mommsen ST.
Looks like 1st ST. goes from Beck to Mommsen,almost right in front of Lindsey's house.

Thanks Karma.

Monkeys

I took it upon myself to email Harry Oakes regarding the report that he send to the FBI concerning the canine search for Lindsey Baum.  I specifically asked him about the detection of Lindsey's scent at 6th and Maple and ... then along 6th Street ... as indicated by Kara Kampen on this forum.

The following was not as clear as I had hoped.  However ... it was an appreciated response nevertheless.

Janet

+++++++

RE: LINDSEY BAUM SEARCH‏
Sent: September 8, 2009 12:12:42 PM

we actually tracked up to Beck St then NE To a logging atv road and our search continues there. So far we've located two empty beer bottles, and a track (Scent trail) heading east 6 miles on either a motor cycle or ATV.

we are also (the search dogs) picking up a dead human alert 1/2 mile East of Beck the winds are coming from the south. I can't tell you about anything else we've found. That's been handed over to the McCleary Police.

Note: The death scent on a dead human could be from any "Dead Human" that has died in the area. Not neccessarily the missing child's scent.

Harry

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #458 on: September 09, 2009, 07:21:15 PM »

When you consider the relation to the Baum residence along 1st ... I wonder if ... in the process of elimination ... LE/FBI searched the Beck route where Harry Oakes' dog/s detected a "death" scent.

Janet

_____

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #459 on: September 09, 2009, 07:37:44 PM »

When you consider the relation to the Baum residence along 1st ... I wonder if ... in the process of elimination ... LE/FBI searched the Beck route where Harry Oakes' dog/s detected a "death" scent.

Janet

I sure hope so, Janet! 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.