April 25, 2024, 01:22:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 4 8/26/09 - 9/28/09  (Read 482678 times)
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #800 on: September 13, 2009, 07:05:13 PM »

Thanks for the map/photo help.   It will be much easier for me to follow these discussions with this picture in mind now.

Chi-M
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #801 on: September 13, 2009, 07:13:51 PM »

MikeB's map of about the same area.

I am not good at this but will try.  Beck St is the vert street at the far left.  North Summit runs horz in the middle of the photo.  McCleary Hotel is at the   corner of  Beck and N summit nestled in the trees.  Simpson Ave is the vert street to the right of the door plant.  Maple is the street at far lower left corner running vert toward Mummson st.  Mummson St. the street running at a 45 from Summit at the far middle right of photo.  It runs back into the trees.  1st st runs horz from Mummson to Beck behind Beerbower Park(open field in the middle) and the housing complex of 8 or so bldgs in the middle.  It is hard to make out 1st, as it runs along trees.  I hope that helps a litte as I am not good with this stuff.  This is a great photo as it shows the Shell, and PD gordon's, downtown Mcaleary. 

Bump     and Thanks again.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #802 on: September 13, 2009, 08:21:07 PM »

Sister.... I have to agree with you.  I feel that tamikosmom is in the wrong.  This is my first time ever commenting on this site.  But for the record, Melissa Baum took a polygraph and PASSED if anybody remembers!  this is why she isn't a suspect!  My goodness!  I live in Washington but not in Mccleary and don't know anybody involved directly, but come on.  People are missing the point.  The point is not to point fingers at the family, it is to find Lindsey alive and bring her home.  Look at the Jaycee Duggard case.  He step dad was blamed by outsiders all along and he was innocent.  She was alive just minutes from her home.  So nobody should give up hope, just remember what is important.

Welcome DMCLEAN42!

As I'm sure you are aware, this is a forum where each individual is free to express their opinions.  Just because Tamikosmom has a different opinion does not mean she is in the wrong. 

Every person has their right to feel the way they feel...and never are they in the wrong for feeling that way.

I am glad you are here and look forward to hearing your thoughts on this case.

DMCLEAN42 - thank you.  Welcome to SM!
And Leroy, you're right.  We all get to have our own opinions.  But to be disrespectful is not a good thing, nor is declaring a post on any particular comment as the Post of the Day and then putting a little monkey icon with the tongue sticking out.  But hey -- on a scale of one to 10, this actually doesn't even appear on the scale.
Again, DMCLEAN42. welcome to SM.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #803 on: September 13, 2009, 10:19:19 PM »

Wow, thanks for those aerial maps!  It sure helps seeing the area we've been talking about and trying to visualize.  Is Lindsey's house one of those across the street from that green roofed bldg and the open field? 

Am curious about something.  It's been said that perhaps Lindsey went on a motorcycle or ATV or some such.  How would they know that, or could it have been a guess?  Well, maybe the area the scent was in, wasn't accessible by car?   Anyway, a ride on a motorcycle or ATV etc, might sound fun to someone Lindsey's age, and could have been what 'drew' her to maybe accepting a ride home, if she knew the person. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #804 on: September 13, 2009, 10:44:30 PM »

Wow, thanks for those aerial maps!  It sure helps seeing the area we've been talking about and trying to visualize.  Is Lindsey's house one of those across the street from that green roofed bldg and the open field? 

Am curious about something.  It's been said that perhaps Lindsey went on a motorcycle or ATV or some such.  How would they know that, or could it have been a guess?  Well, maybe the area the scent was in, wasn't accessible by car?   Anyway, a ride on a motorcycle or ATV etc, might sound fun to someone Lindsey's age, and could have been what 'drew' her to maybe accepting a ride home, if she knew the person. 

In my mind I could picture her accepting a motorcycle ride home if offered by someone she recognized.  If so, then would going up 6th, around the factory to Beck, up to 1st and accross to home?  Visually it look possible.

Then an accident happens somewhere along that route?  Or the Mbike takes off on a trail instead of going to home on Mammoset.

Just theorizing... MOO
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #805 on: September 13, 2009, 10:52:01 PM »

Yes, I think Lindseys house is accross from the green roofed building and maybe another block north. But, again, I yield to greater knowledge. 
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #806 on: September 13, 2009, 11:04:58 PM »

Sister.... I have to agree with you.  I feel that tamikosmom is in the wrong.  This is my first time ever commenting on this site.  But for the record, Melissa Baum took a polygraph and PASSED if anybody remembers!  this is why she isn't a suspect!  My goodness!  I live in Washington but not in Mccleary and don't know anybody involved directly, but come on.  People are missing the point.  The point is not to point fingers at the family, it is to find Lindsey alive and bring her home.  Look at the Jaycee Duggard case.  He step dad was blamed by outsiders all along and he was innocent.  She was alive just minutes from her home.  So nobody should give up hope, just remember what is important.

Welcome DMCLEAN42!

As I'm sure you are aware, this is a forum where each individual is free to express their opinions.  Just because Tamikosmom has a different opinion does not mean she is in the wrong. 

Every person has their right to feel the way they feel...and never are they in the wrong for feeling that way.

And Leroy, you're right.  We all get to have our own opinions.  But to be disrespectful is not a good thing, nor is declaring a post on any particular comment as the Post of the Day and then putting a little monkey icon with the tongue sticking out.  But hey -- on a scale of one to 10, this actually doesn't even appear on the scale.

Sister, I apologize for offending you.  In future I can omit emoticons.  The one you cite is a kissing monkey, but little matter. 

My post was only intended to support one which expressed a desire to treat each other with respect and respect differing opinions.    JMO
KONAMOCHA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #807 on: September 13, 2009, 11:44:03 PM »

OK, enough is enough.....

IMPO.... this is an opinion forum and as such everyone is entitled to their version (period)

It does not matter if someone declares their post the post of the day or adds smileys to their posts on this forum (period)

Anything posted on here is for the cause of finding out where LB is and who took her (period)

We are not here to fight about other peoples comments, thoughts or questions (period)

I am not yelling ( well maybe a tad..lol) but it has to stop

We are not helping LB with all the bickering that is going on in here and this forum it is not about someone trying to feel important in the information shared on here either.

It is not about I spoke to so and so or I will do such and such or anything remotely like that in the effort to figure out the puzzle of LB going missing

I know I try to find the answers to my questions before I ask them by using searches.

I am not always the best researcher but I do give it my all

That is what we need to do here... give it our all to the best of our ability without fear of anyone reprimanding us for our thought or questions

We have to try to become a discussion group about information without the people bashing that I have been witnessing

If I have ticked everyone off I am sorry and If I have said something to get me banned ... so be it but it had to be said

I personally appreciate everyone that adds any information or questions to this forum

IMPO
~KONA~

Quote from: doubledecker
on 09-23-2009 at 09:59:00 PM

I have enough information now I believe I might know exactly where someone should go search...if anyone reads this, is there locally, able to actually go to where I point out, and will put aside all the bs and just go out there, I will tell you where to go.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #808 on: September 13, 2009, 11:54:08 PM »

Welcome DMCLEAN42!

Sister, I apologize for offending you.  In future I can omit emoticons.  The one you cite is a kissing monkey, but little matter. 

My post was only intended to support one which expressed a desire to treat each other with respect and respect differing opinions.    JMO

Dear Chi, no problem as I hadn't even noticed your kissing monkey

I am very much into respect.
Wink

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #809 on: September 14, 2009, 12:24:56 AM »

Yes, I think Lindseys house is accross from the green roofed building and maybe another block north. But, again, I yield to greater knowledge. 

Oh and Chi, o/t you have the cutest avaie.

shortcake
Scared Monkey

« Reply #810 on: September 14, 2009, 01:50:25 AM »

Spot on.  MB's house I believe is right where you identifed.  I am not exactly sure which one it is, but I believe at the intersection of 1st street and Mommsen right where you said.  Some local could identify the exact house.  The museum is the second house due west of the green roofed building up 2ed St. on the north side  I love this photo, it is so much eaiser than looking at a map.  Shortcake
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #811 on: September 14, 2009, 02:55:51 AM »

ok, thanks chi and shortcake.  was thinking that's about where her house is. 

after looking at the map, am not so sure that she would have been walking up 1st from her house toward beck.  it looks sooooo far, and it was getting dark. 

getting a ride on a motorcycle/atv, from someone she knew, i can see that happening.  even if the person told her that they'd just take a lil spin out in the dirt or something, before taking her home.  but then never did.  that makes more sense than someone from out of town cruising along and grabbing her off the road, without her screaming or anything.  imo. 

now.... perhaps her family and friends can (if they haven't already) brainstorm to see if there's anyone they know of, that lindsey knew, who has a motorcycle or atv. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
shortcake
Scared Monkey

« Reply #812 on: September 14, 2009, 03:25:31 AM »

ok, thanks chi and shortcake.  was thinking that's about where her house is. 

after looking at the map, am not so sure that she would have been walking up 1st from her house toward beck.  it looks sooooo far, and it was getting dark. 

getting a ride on a motorcycle/atv, from someone she knew, i can see that happening.  even if the person told her that they'd just take a lil spin out in the dirt or something, before taking her home.  but then never did.  that makes more sense than someone from out of town cruising along and grabbing her off the road, without her screaming or anything.  imo. 

now.... perhaps her family and friends can (if they haven't already) brainstorm to see if there's anyone they know of, that lindsey knew, who has a motorcycle or atv. 

I think you my be on to something.  I drove through there one afternoon and noticed the lack of any developement.  Not a place anyone would want to be after dark.  The same with 6th st.  Open field on the left and trees on the right and uphill for a couple of blocks.  If she was on either of these streets that time of the evening, she is more brave than I am.  I would much rather traverse through a known neighborhood of friendly houses than a path with nothing on it.  If you know what I mean.  Shortcake
shortcake
Scared Monkey

« Reply #813 on: September 14, 2009, 03:59:26 AM »

This has been eating on me for a while would like to post to see if anyone feels the same.  On 7/7 Reply #1515 in response to if Kara's family was checked out, Kara answered among other things " Polygraph(for Scott - probably because he is the only one who can drive,,,.  WHAT??  Do only drivers lie?  I thought polygraph tests were are about truth.  An investigative tool to to see if you are telling the truth.  It helps LE in narrowing their search.  Not if you did it.  Some people dont tell the truth for whatever reason.  Melissa and Scott volunteered for the polygraph and passed within a few days after the disappearence of Lindsey.  I thought I read Kara volunteered for the test also.  If so, I am sure she got one.  What were the results?  How about Marilyn?  Anyone know of any more than Melissa and Scott?  I am sure there are more than two that took polygraph tests .  If Kara can't post for whatever reason(a month), maybe DD can get the answere and report it.  Reading some of Kara's past posts has sent up a few red flags.  I would sure like to clear it up and move on. I have spent all day reading past posts and I am tired.  Think I will tun in and try again tomorrow.  Maybe I will wake up and everything will be clear.  Shortcake
shortcake
Scared Monkey

« Reply #814 on: September 14, 2009, 07:11:39 AM »

One last post.  This is what I think probably took place by reading earlier posts and questions.  Original plan was for Josh and Lindsey to walk Kala home, then Josh and Lindsey would walk back home together.  Safety in numbers.  This would explain why Lindsey left her phone and PJ's home.  Also why they never called first to see if Lindsey could stay overnight.  No plan to stay overnight.  However, on the way, Josh and Lindsey got into an argument and Josh was sent home.  Now only Kala and Lindsey.  Thinking like a 10 year old, I think they decided maybe Lindsey could stay overnight and she would not have walk home alone.  No, so Lindsey headed home.  She was only there a few minutes remember and it was getting late.  She had to get home before dark, so she would have taken the shortest route home.  Her plan would be down Maple, thru the Shell station and down Mommsen st. to home and safety.  Quickly as she was alone and it was late.  She was seen between 5th and 6th but not the Shell station video, so I believe what ever happened to her happened between 5th and 3rd street.  A two block area.  I think she may have been picked up by someone she trusted to give her a ride home.  Being alone, late and 10, she definately would be somewhat afraid.  It is a fairly long walk.  Five blocks looks to be pretty far.  Does anybody know if there is a standard for block length or is it like grave sites.  A hundred years ago a grave site was twice the size of them now.  Land didn't matter.  I walk 5 blocks frequently and it seems to be a lot shorter than a Mccleary block.  Maybe just an illusion because of open lots.  I have a theory of what happened next involving a quad or MC, but will remain quit as it seems to be pretty far out.  I do feel pretty strongly about what the kids planned that night.  Any thought?  I hope I am not out of line, if so let me know.  Shortcake
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #815 on: September 14, 2009, 09:52:20 AM »

If Lindsey accepted a ride on a motorcycle you would think someone would have heard one, at least I would think, and if she did, she definitly knew the person on the cycle.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #816 on: September 14, 2009, 09:54:32 AM »

This has been eating on me for a while would like to post to see if anyone feels the same.  On 7/7 Reply #1515 in response to if Kara's family was checked out, Kara answered among other things " Polygraph(for Scott - probably because he is the only one who can drive,,,.  WHAT??  Do only drivers lie?  I thought polygraph tests were are about truth.  An investigative tool to to see if you are telling the truth.  It helps LE in narrowing their search.  Not if you did it.  Some people dont tell the truth for whatever reason.  Melissa and Scott volunteered for the polygraph and passed within a few days after the disappearence of Lindsey.  I thought I read Kara volunteered for the test also.  If so, I am sure she got one.  What were the results?  How about Marilyn?  Anyone know of any more than Melissa and Scott?  I am sure there are more than two that took polygraph tests .  If Kara can't post for whatever reason(a month), maybe DD can get the answere and report it.  Reading some of Kara's past posts has sent up a few red flags.  I would sure like to clear it up and move on. I have spent all day reading past posts and I am tired.  Think I will tun in and try again tomorrow.  Maybe I will wake up and everything will be clear.  Shortcake
I kept it quiet, but I'm with you many things that Kara said sent up red flags, I can't explain it, just I'm uncomfortable about some of the things she has said.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #817 on: September 14, 2009, 11:17:23 AM »

Shortcase

I realized that law dictated that a polygraph cannot be forced but ... I cannot comprehend was all who had a connection or were to have a connection with Lindey Baum on the evening that she went missing where not reguested by the FBI/LE to take a polygraph.  Think about it.  The "expert" call in into to assist with the investigation claimed early on that all known info indicates that foul play occured at the hands of someone known to Lindsey.

However ... the words of Sheriff Rick Scott appear to indicate that volunteering for a polygraph was where it was at.

Janet

++++++

KOMO NEWS – JULY 2, 2009

The missing girl's mother, who wanted avoid becoming the center of the investigation, voluntarily took a polygraph test. The father of the girl's best friend, Scott Williams, also volunteered to take the test.

"At their requests polygraphs were given to them. They passed those polygraphs. We're comfortable with the information they've shared with us and comfortable with the timeline they've explained," said Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott.

http://www.komonews.com/news/49651607.html

KING 5 NEW - JUNE 30, 2009

Baum says she volunteered to take a polygraph late today. She wanted to clear herself, although police tell us she is not a suspect.

"I don't want people saying oh maybe the mom got mad at her and stashed her and now saying she ran away, I don't want anything like that," says Baum. "I want everyone to know my daughter is missing."

http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_063009WAB-Mccleary-girl-search-LJ.1fc0b759.html

KOMO NEWS - JULY 1, 2009

Experts with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children say if the girl was abducted, it most likely wasn't by a stranger who was hiding in the bushes.

"From what knowledge we have and the information that I have that it's someone that she possibly knows, somebody that is in the area," said Henry Schmidt with the organization ...

The missing girl's mother, who wanted avoid becoming the center of the investigation, voluntarily took a polygraph test. The father of the girl's best friend, Scott Williams, also volunteered to take the test.

"At their requests polygraphs were given to them. They passed those polygraphs. We're comfortable with the information they've shared with us and comfortable with the timeline they've explained," said Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott.

http://www.komonews.com/news/49651607.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #818 on: September 14, 2009, 11:31:18 AM »

Shortcake

It is the LE ... as well as the FBI .... who were assisting in the initial states of the investigation that I fault.

The following words of Kara Kampen imply that she is waiting for the FBI/LE to "request" a polygraph from her.

When it is considered that Kara claims to have volunteered to take a polygraph ... logic dictates that ... in the process of elimination ... LE/FBI would be at her door with a vehicle offering to drive her to the police station.

I somehow do not suspect Kara Kampen or Scott Williams.  However ... I could be wrong.  IF THE WITNESS STATEMENTS ARE CREDIBLE regarding the sighting of Lindsey at 5th and Maple ... the timeframe computes as far as when Kara and Scott claim Lindsey set off for home on the evening of June 26, 2009.

Janet

+++++

Quote from: sunshine12 on July 05, 2009, 08:44:03 PM

kara-you said you did volunteer to take a poly, i know this is prob a stupid question but did you actually take the poly or just volunteer to take it, and if you did take it did u pass?

karak
Re: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09
« Reply #1200 on: July 05, 2009, 08:57:59 PM »

No its not a stupid question. I have not been asked to go in and take one yet. That may have more to do with the fact that I don't drive or own a vehicle or the fact that I believe they checked the time via my computer on articles that I was writing and submitting at that time. It is still in the air though and they can come in at anytime and have me come in and take one.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.1200

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
madibabe
Scared Monkey

im so confuzzzed

« Reply #819 on: September 14, 2009, 12:53:54 PM »

So sorry for not  updating sooner... I know I have been off for a while but not out of the Lindsey case. My friend and I helped others hold a teen dance to raise money for the search of Lindsey. I really have had no time with school and dance starting. I just want you to know I am always thinking of new things I can do to help bring Sweet Lindsey home.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.