April 25, 2024, 06:09:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 4 8/26/09 - 9/28/09  (Read 482728 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #920 on: September 16, 2009, 10:37:36 AM »

Monkeys

I took it upon myself to email Harry Oakes regarding the report that he send to the FBI concerning the canine search for Lindsey Baum.  I specifically asked him about the detection of Lindsey's scent at 6th and Maple and ... then along 6th Street ... as indicated by Kara Kampen on this forum.

The following was not as clear as I had hoped.  However ... it was an appreciated response nevertheless.

Janet

+++++++

RE: LINDSEY BAUM SEARCH‏
Sent: September 8, 2009 12:12:42 PM

we actually tracked up to Beck St then NE To a logging atv road and our search continues there. So far we've located two empty beer bottles, and a track (Scent trail) heading east 6 miles on either a motor cycle or ATV.

we are also (the search dogs) picking up a dead human alert 1/2 mile East of Beck the winds are coming from the south. I can't tell you about anything else we've found. That's been handed over to the McCleary Police.

Note: The death scent on a dead human could be from any "Dead Human" that has died in the area. Not neccessarily the missing child's scent.

Harry

If I have this correct - Harry's dogs tracked up 1st St. to Beck St., then out a logging ATV road for 6 mi.  An MC has two wheels and an ATV has three or four.  Sounds like Harry is indicating two vehicles traveled that distance and he was unable to determine which one the scent was on.  A 1/2 mi. along a dog hit on a death scent.  Dosen't seem like the death scent was Lindsey unless she was brought back.  I wish Harry was a little more clear.  Confusing.  Janet or someone please help me out.  shortcake

I agree Shortcake.  Harry Oakes' words are confusing concerning Beck Street and the death scent.  I have read them over and over and over again attempting to make sense of them.

My understanding is that Mr. Oakes' was indicating that a deceased Lindsey was being transported on an ATV or a motor cycle on Beck.  I would assume the  search was conducted on foot when the dog/s are considered.

Harry Oakes does not mention anything about 1st Street in the email.  However ... I do speculate  that the route to Beck Street could have been 1st Street when you consider the location of the Baum residence.  Think about it.  Lindsey was thisclose to home when when she was observed the the witnesses.

The "or" tells me that Harry Oakes was uncertain to as to the type of vehicle.

IMO

Janet 

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #921 on: September 16, 2009, 11:11:41 AM »

SELF EDIT

a deceased Lindsey s/b a deceased person

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #922 on: September 16, 2009, 12:37:37 PM »

Thanks guys! I feel like an idiot.  ::MonkeyConfused::What I found really interesting though, is his article about finding dead bodies on his property. Wasn't someone looking for Satanic sites or something in McCleary? I have read so much that everything is running together. By the way Edward, glad to see you! Carrie was worried about you lol!

Rex Valentine. He used to own a lot of homes in Elma. His book he's probably talking about Indian grave sites.
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #923 on: September 16, 2009, 12:43:03 PM »

From what I have been able to find, his father owned "Next Door Cafe" in McCleary at one time. I do not believe that it is still open. It too was on Main St I believe. The father's name was Richard Lasley as well. I am not sure what their middle names are though. I think one of them has the middle name of Lee, but not sure if it is father or son. Son is in his 40's. Father may be deceased.
Next Door Cafe is closed and vacant for what it is worth.  Lindsey's path would have taken her right past this closed cafe.  On the other side of Maple and on corner is a large vacant lot.  Cafe is across from the Shell station and kind of kittycorner to the police department.

Who owns this property and who has keys to it?  Is it vacant???  Are there still freezers, etc in there?  Is it a free standing structure or an adjoining property - like a strip mall?  What is on each side and if businesses - which ones and what time do they close? 
Any locals know???????
The only thing that I know is that Ricky Lee Lasley aka: Ricky Rat owned a bar at the same address that I think is now closed? Not sure. It is or was called Ricky Rat Lounge.

At the address, it was both a bar/lounge and a restaurant. It has been closed for over 2 years.
shortcake
Scared Monkey

« Reply #924 on: September 16, 2009, 12:59:56 PM »

Monkeys

I took it upon myself to email Harry Oakes regarding the report that he send to the FBI concerning the canine search for Lindsey Baum.  I specifically asked him about the detection of Lindsey's scent at 6th and Maple and ... then along 6th Street ... as indicated by Kara Kampen on this forum.

The following was not as clear as I had hoped.  However ... it was an appreciated response nevertheless.

Janet

+++++++

we actually tracked up to Beck St then NE To a logging atv road and our search continues there. So far we've located two empty beer bottles, and a track (Scent trail) heading east 6 miles on either a motor cycle or ATV.

we are also (the search dogs) picking up a dead human alert 1/2 mile East of Beck the winds are coming from the south. I can't tell you about anything else we've found. That's been handed over to the McCleary Police.

Note: The death scent on a dead human could be from any "Dead Human" that has died in the area. Not neccessarily the missing child's scent.

Harry

If I have this correct - Harry's dogs tracked up 1st St. to Beck St., then out a logging ATV road for 6 mi.  An MC has two wheels and an ATV has three or four.  Sounds like Harry is indicating two vehicles traveled that distance and he was unable to determine which one the scent was on.  A 1/2 mi. along a dog hit on a death scent.  Dosen't seem like the death scent was Lindsey unless she was brought back.  I wish Harry was a little more clear.  Confusing.  Janet or someone please help me out.  shortcake

I agree Shortcake.  Harry Oakes' words are confusing concerning Beck Street and the death scent.  I have read them over and over and over again attempting to make sense of them.

My understanding is that Mr. Oakes' was indicating that a deceased Lindsey was being transported on an ATV or a motor cycle on Beck.  I would assume the  search was conducted on foot when the dog/s are considered.

Harry Oakes does not mention anything about 1st Street in the email.  However ... I do speculate  that the route to Beck Street could have been 1st Street when you consider the location of the Baum residence.  Think about it.  Lindsey was thisclose to home when when she was observed the the witnesses.

IMO

Janet 

Thanks for the reply.  The "tracked up to Beck St." can be only one of two streets.  N. Summit St.(well traveled) or 1st St.(seldom traveled).  Me thinks 1st. St.

Mr. Oakes is a professional, I am sure he can tell the difference between ATV and MC tracks.  Shoot, I can tell.  Kind of like bicycle vs car tracks.  So I am still leaning toward MC in/out and ATV in/out.  Same route.

Cadaver dogs must have been sent into that area of the human death smell.  What did they find?  A lot of people are missing and it could be any one of them.

Has anybody contacted the news media about what Mr. Oakes revealed on his search?  I am sure he would be happy to talk to them and get the exposure.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #925 on: September 16, 2009, 01:49:33 PM »

Monkeys

Janet

+++++++

Harry

IMO

Janet 

Thanks for the reply.  The "tracked up to Beck St." can be only one of two streets.  N. Summit St.(well traveled) or 1st St.(seldom traveled).  Me thinks 1st. St.

Mr. Oakes is a professional, I am sure he can tell the difference between ATV and MC tracks.  Shoot, I can tell.  Kind of like bicycle vs car tracks.  So I am still leaning toward MC in/out and ATV in/out.  Same route.

Cadaver dogs must have been sent into that area of the human death smell.  What did they find?  A lot of people are missing and it could be any one of them.

Has anybody contacted the news media about what Mr. Oakes revealed on his search?  I am sure he would be happy to talk to them and get the exposure.

Shortcake

I also believe Harry Oakes can tell the difference between the tracks of the two vehicles.  However ... Mr. Oakes explains in the email that track was referring to the death scent not a MC or MTV track.

I could wrong but ... I believe Mr. Oakes was speculating that a MC or MTV could have been used to transfer a deceased person as the death scent was present for such a long ways.  If a body had been in an inclosed vehicle ... the scent would have been more difficult to detect.

Hey ... I am only speculating based on the words in the email which I am desperately attempting to comprehend.

Janet

_____

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #926 on: September 16, 2009, 06:00:38 PM »

KarmaR, there are 62 cases, however, you would need to know the middle initial at least in order to verify which belong to him.
http://dw.courts.wa.gov/
I hesitate to put the info out here, unless I would be sure there is a reason to do so, but that's just the way I do my research.
Gotcha,I'll do the same if I find anything.

LOL
Janet,I haven't found anything as I don't know the guys middle initial but I would have to see/read some kind of link between this guy and Lindsey or anyone Lindsey may know before I splatter him all on the web.

an angelic monkey

Thanks Karma.

What is the point of being on a forum if the attitude is regarding gathered research is ... "What's yours is mine ... What's mine my own."

Janet

Ahh,I understand and you know me from posting......I will post anything I find to be suspicious even if only I think it's suspicious lol.
I'm not one to state I know something but can't discuss it....if that were the case my mouth would just stay closed to begin with.
Right now,IMO,everything in and about McCleary seems suspicious to me.

EXACTLY!!

It is not that I do not believe posters who wish to share info regarding the case but ... It would appreciated if each member of the forum had the opportunity to decide for herself if the original sources of the info is credible.

If the information is not considered confidential ... then the source should not be anonymous.

IMO

Janet

Exactly
I guess that's why some open up private forums with only a few posting in it.
That's gotta be lonely
I'm off to go watch Susan Boyle wow everyone with her most beautiful voice on America's Got Talent(Susan sings Wild Horses by the Stones....one of my favorite songs).
Have a good night you all.

Ladies, with all due respect - and I do respect you both as I know your hearts are for missing children and you are both intelligent - but, with all due respect, do you guys want to be a right fighter or fight for what is right?  Or just fight?

This page after page is getting old.  Please, can't we move on?  And please, can everyone try not to post and repost the same theory over and over and over again - we are all smart - we know where you stand if you just remind us once say every 25 pages or so.  This thread feels so redundant, bitter, argumentative and non-productive and I JUST KNOW we can do better with the minds that are here. I JUST KNOW WE CAN. 
Anyone want to be a TEAM?
NewsJunkie,no one was arguing or being redundant IMO
Janet and I were discussing what info to put on the web and what info not to put on the web.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #927 on: September 16, 2009, 06:02:52 PM »

Were they being rude to me in all of this? If they were I guess it went right over my head lol!
We were not being rude to you or anyone here Sebastian.
We were really only discussing info and/or lack of info.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #928 on: September 16, 2009, 06:36:17 PM »

Harry
Janet,I read this this way:

1st scent,a live Lindsey scent.

2nd scent,a death scent.

Notice Harry used the word also,meaning another scent IMO

Karma Is Coming

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #929 on: September 16, 2009, 06:47:06 PM »

Were they being rude to me in all of this? If they were I guess it went right over my head lol!

Just a few of the comments from the last exchange.  Seems to me, that mocking past and (current????) members is really what was going on.  I stand by what I said, I do think we are above that - but do as you will and nobody will want to read this thread.
This feud has been going on long enough and I don't think the ones you are poking at are here any longer.  Yes, I belong to DD's forum, because honestly I want to get info on the case, not personality conflicts.  Just seems you and Janet could vent via email or elsewhere.   
Lindsey deserves more from all of us than this, imho.

That's gotta be lonely

If the information is not considered confidential ... then the source should not be anonymous.

I'm not one to state I know something but can't discuss it....if that were the case my mouth would just stay closed to begin with.
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #930 on: September 16, 2009, 07:11:26 PM »

Just a few of the comments from the last exchange.  Seems to me, that mocking past and (current????) members is really what was going on.  I stand by what I said, I do think we are above that - but do as you will and nobody will want to read this thread.
This feud has been going on long enough and I don't think the ones you are poking at are here any longer.  Yes, I belong to DD's forum, because honestly I want to get info on the case, not personality conflicts.  Just seems you and Janet could vent via email or elsewhere.   

That's gotta be lonely

Whoa NewsJunkie
I'm not positive about Janet but I'm willing to bet she feels somewhat the same as myself when I say this.
I was talking about all over the internet.....every forum I read has a few posters who know things but cannot tell you but just want you to know they know.We are really getting no info about this case,no info if LE has person's of interest or are following up on anything.
What feud?All I ever saw was disagreements and some temper tantrums when others didn't go along with others opinions.
I'm tired and this is now sounding like a big misunderstanding to me.....so I'm saying have a good night.

Karma Is Coming

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #931 on: September 16, 2009, 07:13:59 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #932 on: September 16, 2009, 07:19:06 PM »

NewsJunkie:

Ahh,heck with it.I just can't keep my big mouth closed.
NewsJunkie,I would really appreciate it if you would stop trying to tell me what my posts mean,stop telling me how often you want to see my opinion based theorys(every 25 pages or so?),stop trying to tell me I'm being~your words~redundant, bitter, argumentative and non-productive~stop trying to control the discussions and whether or not we put IMO in every post.Of course it is my opinion,I wrote them.
NOW,have a xxxx good night.

Edit:  Let's move on.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 07:32:57 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Karma Is Coming

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #933 on: September 16, 2009, 07:22:35 PM »

BUMP

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #934 on: September 16, 2009, 07:23:05 PM »

Harry
Janet,I read this this way:

1st scent,a live Lindsey scent.

2nd scent,a death scent.

Notice Harry used the word also,meaning another scent IMO

I am thinking Karma.  I have read that email over and over again and ... I am still confused.

I hope you are having a good day.

an angelic monkey

Jaanet.

_____

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #935 on: September 16, 2009, 07:25:47 PM »

an angelic monkey

Karma Is Coming

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #936 on: September 16, 2009, 07:28:57 PM »

Thank you for posting that Karma.  It's a really beautiful and touching picture.     an angelic monkey

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #937 on: September 16, 2009, 07:29:59 PM »

Thank you for posting that Karma.  It's a really beautiful and touching picture.     an angelic monkey
You're welcome Miss Muffy
I am very sorry for the OT.

I pray they find Lindsey soon.

Karma Is Coming

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #938 on: September 16, 2009, 07:34:16 PM »

You're welcome Miss Muffy
I am very sorry for the OT.

I pray they find Lindsey soon.

I pray they find Lindsey soon too, Karma.  I worry because the case just seems to have gone from lukewarm to cold. 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #939 on: September 16, 2009, 07:35:06 PM »

NewsJunkie:

Ahh,heck with it.I just can't keep my big mouth closed.
NewsJunkie,I would really appreciate it if you would stop trying to tell me what my posts mean,stop telling me how often you want to see my opinion based theorys(every 25 pages or so?),stop trying to tell me I'm being~your words~redundant, bitter, argumentative and non-productive~stop trying to control the discussions and whether or not we put IMO in every post.Of course it is my opinion,I wrote them.
NOW,have a friggen good night.

Karma ... it is not worth it.  Just ignore.

an angelic monkey

There seems to be some on this forum who have a real problem with my contention that ... in the process of eliminatin ... Josh and Melissa should being considered persons of interest in the disappearance of Lindsey.

When the argument ... the CPS issue ... the juvie issue are all considered ... I am not go to let go until LE reveals that that Josh and Melissa have been investigated in the course of the investigation and ... have been ruled out.

Janet

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.