March 28, 2024, 06:49:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 4 8/26/09 - 9/28/09  (Read 480435 times)
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1580 on: September 26, 2009, 09:21:23 PM »

Yes DD it is!  If you go to the Nevaeh cage, it's in the New $20000 Reward Poster thread. We've gotten tremendous media support for it. It's all over Monroe, Toledo, Detroit, and the surrounding areas. In fact, many TV stations picked it up, reported on it, and have it posted on their websites. My info suggests that it is working, and tips are starting to come in once again. I am very, very proud of it and everyone that I am working with to get it out there. We've distributed over 1500 of them over the course of the last few days.

wow that is so cool, if I ever get a little time I will read up on the case more.

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1581 on: September 26, 2009, 09:21:54 PM »

Yes DD it is!  If you go to the Nevaeh cage, it's in the New $20000 Reward Poster thread. We've gotten tremendous media support for it. It's all over Monroe, Toledo, Detroit, and the surrounding areas. In fact, many TV stations picked it up, reported on it, and have it posted on their websites. My info suggests that it is working, and tips are starting to come in once again. I am very, very proud of it and everyone that I am working with to get it out there. We've distributed over 1500 of them over the course of the last few days.

an angelic monkey

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1582 on: September 26, 2009, 09:23:33 PM »

JenniferO from WS posted this about the 3 different accounts.

There are three accounts:
1. Reward fund at Sterlings Savings bank. I don't know who has access to this account. Wasn't the original $6,000 from Crimestoppers? Maybe they control the account.

2. "Potpourri fund" set up by MM at Timberland Bank. This is MBs "living account" and money she uses for whatever (never got a definite answer on that)

3. Search fund is at Sterling Savings and requires two signatures and I was told MB is not on the account. Not sure who the signers are.

KarmaR, thanks for getting that information.  Before the reward or search accounts were established, I thought the account at Timberland was on one of the websites with paypal (or whatever) for the use to help find Lindsey.  Am I wrong about that?  Does anyone know?

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1583 on: September 26, 2009, 09:23:56 PM »

No breakthroughs in Lindsey's case.

http://www.komonews.com/news/61962227.html?video=YHI&t=a

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1584 on: September 26, 2009, 09:24:45 PM »

Thanks DD. It's where I'm spending all my time lately. Nevaeh was only 5 when she was abducted and murdered on Memorial Day. Her killer still remains at large. And I will not rest until he/she is caught.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1585 on: September 26, 2009, 09:26:02 PM »

And just so I can clear any POTENTIAL misunderstanding, any funds donated to LRC for Lindsey were used for that exact purpose. Again, I know because I asked, and they provided me with a itemization of the type you mention, Janet. They are a top notch group that I have no issues with supporting.

JessStar

Are these three funds associated with LRC?

Janet

++++++

1. Reward fund at Sterlings Savings bank. I don't know who has access to this account. Wasn't the original $6,000 from Crimestoppers? Maybe they control the account.

2. "Potpourri fund" set up by MM at Timberland Bank. This is MBs "living account" and money she uses for whatever (never got a definite answer on that)

3. Search fund is at Sterling Savings and requires two signatures and I was told MB is not on the account. Not sure who the signers are.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1586 on: September 26, 2009, 09:28:13 PM »

Thanks Karma.

an angelic monkey

_____

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1587 on: September 26, 2009, 09:29:14 PM »

O/T:  I know Lindsey and Haleigh have been generating a lot of activity lately, but if my Fellow Monkeys and guests get a few seconds, please stop over the Nevaeh cage and check out the reward poster and some of the media links it generated. It's proof positive that you don't have to be law enforcement, or liver in the affected neighborhood, to make a difference. It's really quite energizing.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1588 on: September 26, 2009, 09:30:30 PM »

NO!  None of those funds were associated with LRC. LRC took care of its own fund.

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1589 on: September 26, 2009, 09:32:45 PM »

KarmaR, thanks for getting that information.  Before the reward or search accounts were established, I thought the account at Timberland was on one of the websites with paypal (or whatever) for the use to help find Lindsey.  Am I wrong about that?  Does anyone know?
You're welcome Sister
I think the info about all of the funds can be found at Lindsey's web sites.

http://findlindseybaum.com/

http://findlindseybaum.com/1915.html

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1590 on: September 26, 2009, 09:32:47 PM »

Search for Lindsey Baum

When:

Saturday and Sunday (Sept 12 and 13)
8:30 am to 4:30 pm

Where:

Beerbower Park
Downtown McCleary Next to City Hall

Dress:

Dress for the weather and wear comfortable
shoes. Long sleeves and pants suggested.

Bring:

If you have; flash light, cell phone, walkie talkies,
garmen or gps devices, backpack to carry water
and snacks.

We will also need a few people to work at the center, so if you
aren’t able to search, we can still use your help.

For more information or any questions
contact us on our

donations can be made for the search at any Sterling Savings bank.. be sure and tell them it's for the LINDSEY BAUM SEARCH FUND

Directly from Melissa Baum

Thank you all for your continued support in the effort to find my daughter Lindsey Jo Baum. I am attaching a flyer with info on the search we are doing this weekend. If you could help us get the info out there. It's same as before, we need searchers. We can also use the same donations as last time: drinks, snacks, food, copy paper, papertowels, toilet paper. We will have an rv set up this time at the park next to city hall as we have been unable to get a building for this weekend but are still doing the search.
If you have any questions feel free to contact myself (Melissa Baum): at 360-495-3400 Home 360-470-3726 cell or Kara Kampen at 360-861-8072.___________________________________

This is From Kara to JenniferO/passed on to DD to post - Highlighted by DD

SEARCH FUND INFORMATION FOR THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN ASKING

Account Type: Dual Signature with Unrelated Third Party Monitoring

Again this is a COPY and PASTE of an email sent to me by Kara.

I am a signer as is A*****. She is not family. I believe she is an acquaintance of Melissa's but I asked her to be a signer because she handled the last money raised at the fundraiser that was strictly to go for the family (before the search center and not associated with an account) and she was very thorough and by the book. Every penny had to be accounted for before she would dole it out. Marc Klaas and Brad Dennis both met her and were both really impressed with her.

Also - we set up the account so that no one person can make a withdrawal - two signatures are required for ALL transactions and all withdrawals have to be logged and backed up by receipts. Copies kept personally and a copy kept at the bank. Which I believe is part of the third party monitoring.

A and I are also the signers on the reward account which is set up the same way so that money can not be withdrawn by any one individual and not unless the reward is being paid out in full.

I am not sure who to have them talk to but FBI is aware of it and was there the day it was set up and they affirmed that they monitor them as well as the IRS just so nothing hinky can take place. I know there are concerns about the money being used for personal reasons but the account was set up solely for search so MB nor A nor I can access it for any other reason. We set it up the way that we did based on what we were told by LRC and FBI on how it had to be handled and MB is not privvy to the deposits made to it or the statements but other agencies involved are so it will be being watched like a hawk.

Not sure that helps or is even explanatory enough - but I can promise you no one with access to the money in either account would touch it for any reason other than what it was set up for.

Let me know if you need to know anything else about it. I believe the info that I just gave you can also be gotten if they were to call McCleary Sterling Savings and talk to the branch manager. I believe she can at least divulge the basics of the account. Just not the personal info attached to it.

BUMPED

_____

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1591 on: September 26, 2009, 09:33:26 PM »

And just so I can clear any POTENTIAL misunderstanding, any funds donated to LRC for Lindsey were used for that exact purpose. Again, I know because I asked, and they provided me with a itemization of the type you mention, Janet. They are a top notch group that I have no issues with supporting.

Thanks again.  I know I have an account "for the benefit of" and brother, every penny better be for the benefit of or they will put your put in jail for this.  No misunderstanding, no I didn't know, in the slammer and then you make license plates to pay it off.  There is an accounting every year and if you can't account . . . man.  They audit these accounts too, which I have very very glad.  Keeps most people honest.
I just didn't know if you opened an account with someone else's name on it and didn't use it for that someone else . . . but it may have to say "for the benefit of" or "in trust" or some other legal verbage.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1592 on: September 26, 2009, 09:34:57 PM »

NO!  None of those funds were associated with LRC. LRC took care of its own fund.

Then there were four separate Lindsey fund that donors could choose to donate to?  Have I got that right?

Thanks JessStar.

Janet

_____

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1593 on: September 26, 2009, 09:39:57 PM »

None of the funds in the search fund are associated with LRC?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1594 on: September 26, 2009, 09:42:51 PM »

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1595 on: September 26, 2009, 09:43:13 PM »

When LRC and KlassKids announced their involvement and that they would be heading a search in McCleary, they also announced that they were setting up a donor fund for people to donate to that search effort. They were asking principally for goods and services (that is, paper, copier, searchers, water, snacks and so forth), but also needed money. That fund was in addition to whatever funds were set up locally, and was accounted for by LRC. So it was entirely separate from whatever accounts were set up at the time locally (whether it was 1 account, 2 accounts, or 50000 accounts (lol)) and was used stricly by LRC for the benefit of Lindsey's search effort. 

doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1596 on: September 26, 2009, 09:51:11 PM »

yes that is right, it was the only one and linked as to help for lindsey.  I had linked it from my site and had no idea till one of them came and called it a popouri fund.  I did not know what that meant.  then found out later for mb for whatever.  then they set up the other accounts

To find me:
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1597 on: September 26, 2009, 09:56:55 PM »

yes that is right, it was the only one and linked as to help for lindsey.  I had linked it from my site and had no idea till one of them came and called it a popouri fund.  I did not know what that meant.  then found out later for mb for whatever.  then they set up the other accounts

omg, potpouri -- that's misrepresentation, but probably like JessStar said, honor system only -- how cruel to fool the public like that.

doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1598 on: September 26, 2009, 09:58:06 PM »

When LRC and KlassKids announced their involvement and that they would be heading a search in McCleary, they also announced that they were setting up a donor fund for people to donate to that search effort. They were asking principally for goods and services (that is, paper, copier, searchers, water, snacks and so forth), but also needed money. That fund was in addition to whatever funds were set up locally, and was accounted for by LRC. So it was entirely separate from whatever accounts were set up at the time locally (whether it was 1 account, 2 accounts, or 50000 accounts (lol)) and was used stricly by LRC for the benefit of Lindsey's search effort. 

there was no money in the local search fund, remember I was very worried about that and was trying to raise funds to help, but you said LRC would have a sustancial donation so I would not worry about trying to raise funds.  So all of that was paid for by LRC... so that means there has not been any money in the search fund.  the next time they said there was no money in the search fund so, if people donated, which accounts did it go to... if they did not donate directly to LRC, and instead donated to the other 3 accounts, which did they donate to, obviously if there was never any money in the search fund, then it must have went to the popouri account??? 

I really don't know...but it seems to me it is time to have an accounting. 

To find me:
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1599 on: September 26, 2009, 10:00:12 PM »

O/T:  I know Lindsey and Haleigh have been generating a lot of activity lately, but if my Fellow Monkeys and guests get a few seconds, please stop over the Nevaeh cage and check out the reward poster and some of the media links it generated. It's proof positive that you don't have to be law enforcement, or liver in the affected neighborhood, to make a difference. It's really quite energizing.

Amazing!  Good job!

liver, I hate liver

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.