April 24, 2024, 07:09:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 4 8/26/09 - 9/28/09  (Read 482637 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1860 on: September 27, 2009, 10:56:37 PM »

maybe she really did leave kara's house, and then stopped at that house she was swimming at and asked to sleep over. maybe she didnt leave that house, or maybe she did leave that house with some friends and went out to some place in the woods

Guess where one of the places was that Don from the Don & Ron radio show took a picture of when he was there for the search?!!!?  Isn't this the pool were Lindsay was swimming the day she went missing?

http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=185&sid=207012&pid=7

I have not found many pool when I look at McCleary on Google maps. 
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1861 on: September 27, 2009, 10:58:52 PM »

I do not know how to bring a post from one thread to another.  Could someone please bring post 992 over .  TYVM

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg864342#msg864342
Northern Rose, I'm not sure how, but when reading the post, this one statement always bugged me.             When Lindsey left my house she headed down maple street - my daughter watched her until the neighbors trees got in the way that would have been before she hit the corner of 7th and Maple.      I have a hard time believing that her daughter watched her until she couldn't see her anymore, just doesn't sound to me something a ten year old does, imo.

I totally agree Rose and have always thought it so odd for the exact same reason you do.
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1862 on: September 27, 2009, 10:59:15 PM »

so i guess my question is, who would lead police to this tip that her swimming suit might be found there?

that's my question...i wish we knew.

who would even know about the swimming suit.  it was suppose to be home.  so who would know she had it on or with her?
Her mom, her brother, her friend, her friend's mom, otherwise I don't know 

so if they are the only one who knew she had it, then who else could have told them it might be at kona's ? 

did le know from the beginning she had it on...? 

this is just all mindboggling. 

let me look at something
if they were looking for other of her clothes

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1863 on: September 27, 2009, 11:04:34 PM »

so i guess my question is, who would lead police to this tip that her swimming suit might be found there?

that's my question...i wish we knew.

who would even know about the swimming suit.  it was suppose to be home.  so who would know she had it on or with her?
Her mom, her brother, her friend, her friend's mom, otherwise I don't know 

so if they are the only one who knew she had it, then who else could have told them it might be at kona's ? 

did le know from the beginning she had it on...? 

this is just all mindboggling. 

let me look at something
if they were looking for other of her clothes

Maybe some of the other friends she was with that day, besides the others I named who in the world else would know?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1864 on: September 27, 2009, 11:09:51 PM »

If Lindsey and Kara's daughter went over to ask Kara's mom if she could sleep over, could Lindsey have brought some clothes along, pajamas, change of clothes, even her swimsuit just in case she was allowed to stay?
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1865 on: September 27, 2009, 11:17:33 PM »

God Evening Monkeys and Guest.

I just started reading  on this thread last night, so have some catching up to do..May I ask what time it gets dark in McCleeary that time of year? TIA

I found this on Google from InSessions, posted June 28th:

"According to The Seattle, Washington Sunrise/Sunset chart the sun should set at 9:11 PM on June 26 so it would still be light out when Lindsey started home".

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1866 on: September 27, 2009, 11:18:22 PM »

Thanks Darla 
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #1867 on: September 27, 2009, 11:19:27 PM »

I just started reading  on this thread last night, so have some catching up to do..May I ask what time it gets dark in McCleeary that time of year? TIA

"According to The Seattle, Washington Sunrise/Sunset chart the sun should set at 9:11 PM on June 26 so it would still be light out when Lindsey started home".

Thank you!

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1868 on: September 27, 2009, 11:25:42 PM »

If Lindsey and Kara's daughter went over to ask Kara's mom if she could sleep over, could Lindsey have brought some clothes along, pajamas, change of clothes, even her swimsuit just in case she was allowed to stay?

That could be except Kara said the girls decided to ask if Lindsey could spend the night at Kara's while en route to her house.  That would mean when Lindsey left her house she was planning to go back there, thus no need to pack a bag.
Madre
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1869 on: September 27, 2009, 11:25:51 PM »

Quote from: Tracygirl on July 03, 2009, 11:15:04 AM
Maybe things are just not being explained too well, I don't know. It seems there are conflicting stories about Lindsey getting to Kayla's house, Lindsey leaving Kayla's house. (snip)

Thank you for answering what you can.

KARA:

From what Kayla tells me they decided to ask if Lindsey could stay the night only after they started walking over to our house. Often though she did not bring extra clothes if she stayed the night. Kayla also said that she wanted mainly to be able to stay the next night (Saturday) which is why she (Lindsey)  did not push me to try and get me to let her stay.

They were at Lindsey's house right before heading to my house. Lindsey bathed and changed clothes because they had been swimming all day at a friends house.

The bike did not have a chain (it belonged to her brother) and she was pushing herself around on it (from her house to the Shell station). After some time (when they reached the back of the Shell station) it became bothersome to Lindsey and she wanted her brother to take the bike home he didn't want to and wanted her to take it home. That started the argument.

I did tell her no to staying the night as did my old man. I told her no because I was trying to write that night and we were suppose to go out the following morning to look for seashells (I wanted to try making seashell candles). When the girls are together they don't like to sleep and are very loud. - Scott (my old man) had said no because he works nights typically (not that night though) and has very little time home. And the time he usually is home our house is typically full with my kids (4) and their friends so he was hoping for some peace and quiet.

Lindsey stayed for maybe 5 minutes but I don't even think it was a full 5 minutes before heading back home.

She left before 9:30 probably closer to 9:15.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1870 on: September 27, 2009, 11:28:28 PM »

That could be except Kara said the girls decided to ask if Lindsey could spend the night at Kara's while en route to her house.  That would mean when Lindsey left her house she was planning to go back there, thus no need to pack a bag.
Thank-you
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1871 on: September 27, 2009, 11:30:09 PM »

Thanks Madre 
Madre
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1872 on: September 27, 2009, 11:35:20 PM »

Thanks Madre 

Your welcome, No Rose.  This is driving me crazy!
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1873 on: September 27, 2009, 11:36:23 PM »

Thank you!

Denada Dah'ling ;}

Another thing I find odd is in Kara's reply to post #1001 on this thread, my bold:

"From what I can tell your time line is pretty right on though there are slight time inconsistencies between my recollection and others so there may be a few minutes difference in everything except for the video store. I believe the girls may have played or talked out in front of Lindsey's for a while before she went in to bathe  and change which would take up some of the time but my daughter did not mention anything in between that time so I will be re-asking. I honestly had not even thought about that time gap so it seems important". 

It is just odd that Kara says 'she' went in to bathe and change.  It almost sounds like Kayla didn't go in but rather waited for Lindsey outside.  It also could just be her choice of words too.  xox
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1874 on: September 27, 2009, 11:39:55 PM »

Thank-you

You're welcome Rose. 
shortcake
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1875 on: September 27, 2009, 11:46:36 PM »

I don't think the fact that the swimsuit was on the search warrant is inconsistent with what WE know. What we know is that Lindsey took a shower and changed clothes. What we don't know is what that means. Does it mean she took off her suit, washed her hair, washed herself, blah blah blah?  Or does it mean she rinsed the chlorine water off of her?  When I shower after swimming, I stand under the shower for a few minutes to rinse off. If this child was in a hurry, I can certainly envision her rinsing herself off, bathing suit and all, and then getting dressed with her suit on under her clothes. She is only 10 at the time. 10 year olds do illogical things when they are in a hurry.
Excellent point Jess.  When I was young it was the norm to rinse off after swimming and wear clothes over my suit.  Especially after swimming in salt water.  There were showers set up for just that purpose.  I can believe Lindsey was wearing a bathing suit under her clothes and this was one clue held back by the LE.  shortcake
Madre
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1876 on: September 27, 2009, 11:53:34 PM »

I don't think the fact that the swimsuit was on the search warrant is inconsistent with what WE know. What we know is that Lindsey took a shower and changed clothes. What we don't know is what that means. Does it mean she took off her suit, washed her hair, washed herself, blah blah blah?  Or does it mean she rinsed the chlorine water off of her?  When I shower after swimming, I stand under the shower for a few minutes to rinse off. If this child was in a hurry, I can certainly envision her rinsing herself off, bathing suit and all, and then getting dressed with her suit on under her clothes. She is only 10 at the time. 10 year olds do illogical things when they are in a hurry.
Excellent point Jess.  When I was young it was the norm to rinse off after swimming and wear clothes over my suit.  Especially after swimming in salt water.  There were showers set up for just that purpose.  I can believe Lindsey was wearing a bathing suit under her clothes and this was one clue held back by the LE.  shortcake

Did you mean you would put jeans and a long sleeve hoodie over a wet bathing suit?   LOL, gross!  I've never done that and have only seen friends do that with a bathing suit cover-up.  But, maybe I'm weird about stuff like that.
Madre
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1877 on: September 27, 2009, 11:55:25 PM »

Sorry I got in your quote Shortcake!

Did you mean you would put jeans and a long sleeve hoodie over a wet bathing suit?   LOL, gross!  I've never done that and have only seen friends do that with a bathing suit cover-up.  But, maybe I'm weird about stuff like that.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1878 on: September 28, 2009, 12:00:33 AM »

DD - thank you for writing out the explanation and sharing the link to it, with us.  I have a better understanding now of what's going on.  And some questions.  Sorry this is gonna get long. 

First of all, my heart goes out to Kona, her son, her family.  What a nightmare this must be for her! 

Seems to me that we are back at square one.  Begin back at the beginning.  What KK and others, said or didn't say, doesn't really matter yet until we can firm down what did or didn't happen AT HOME before Lindsey left to walk over to KK's home. 

IMO, there are questions that need to be asked of Lindsey's mom, by LE and others close to her, if they haven't already been asked.  It's not like WE have to know the answers, tho it would be helpful in figuring things out.  IMO, info needs to come FROM Lindsey's mom herself, to LE and others close to her, and whatever shared with the public that is possible.  This puts a screeeeeeeeeching halt to the 'he said, she said' crap, guesses and outright lies from some, that has made everyone so confused.   

So let's start with Lindsey's mom.  Just from what we've heard from DD, Lindsey's mom wasn't happy that Mr. Oakes was called in to help search, and basically ignored his presence.  Do I have that right?  If so, WTH??  Why would any mother of a missing child refuse/ignore the help of someone trying to find her child?  I'd really like to understand Lindsey's mom's reasons for this. 

Has she given her own timeline of that entire day, starting from morning til night, when she saw Lindsey, where she believes that Lindsey went when she left, when she came home, what she did at home, etc.??  It would be helpful if we could know that, from her mom.   

From what I have understood, Lindsey's mom spoke to her before she left that night to go over to KK's.  Right?  Has she said if Lindsey took a shower, or not, before she left?  She'd be the one to know, IMO.  KKs daughter would know too, I would think, since she supposedly was there at the time.   

As other monkeys, my thoughts go to the bathing suit, as being something LE was searching for the other day.  Which implies that it is missing from Lindsey's home.  Is it actually missing? 

If so, has it been missing this whole time and that fact not made public until now?  If it has been missing this whole time, was Lindsey's mom upfront with LE about that from the start, later, or when?   

If the bathing suit has not been missing this whole time, but is missing now, when did it disappear?  Could 'someone' have taken it from Lindsey's home, with the idea of planting it somewhere, for their own dark reasons?  If someone has had access to Lindsey's things, has her mom given a list of these folks to LE?  Did Lindsey's mom ever actually SEE the bathing suit herself, either that aft/eve when Lindsey supposed showered, or later on after she realized Lindsey was missing.  Did her mom check thru her things to know what was at home, what was gone? 

Ok will stop there, for now.  IMO, one of the best ways to put a puzzle together is to put the frame together first.  We haven't been doing that, in this case, we've taken a piece here and a piece there, and tried fitting them together.  Suddenly we realize that the pieces we have may not even fit together at all.  Because of all the lies and treachery that seems to be huge in this case. 

Let's go back and find the pieces to the frame, and sort things out again.  IMO, we need to begin with Lindsey's mom, and she IMO, needs to be honest and upfront with all that she knows.  And again, she doesn't have to come in here and give us all the answers just cuz we ask the questions.  But IMO, she needs to begin talking HERSELF, (rather than letting others speak for her) if she hasn't already done so, and give the story play-by-play to LE and those close to her, as it actually happened.  Otherwise, everyone (us included) will still be chasing their tails, and as a result, Lindsey may never be found.  Or is this what her mom and others want?   Cuz that's sure what it looks like to me. 

All in my opinion.  Sorry it's so long. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1879 on: September 28, 2009, 12:02:01 AM »

Why did Lindsey, Josh and Kayla walk over to kayla's house? Someone posted a KK's post and it said they decided to see if Lindsey could spend the night over Kayla's during the walk...was it because they were going to first ask if Kayla could spend the night at Lindseys? If so, then why didn't they go with that when they were turned down? Is this posted somewhere?

So glad I didn't come on today and find out they found a body...I was worry about that all weekend. I do not want to give up hope they could still find a live lindsey.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.