March 19, 2024, 01:32:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #49 8/11/09 - 8/23/09  (Read 438863 times)
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1680 on: August 20, 2009, 07:56:04 PM »

Sunny - have I confused you or are you reading back????? LOL
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1681 on: August 20, 2009, 07:59:49 PM »

Mere - how is kitty doing?

MT - did you get your blood work done.  Are you feeling better?

Jackie - how is the knee?

Sunny - did you get the new monitor yet?

KatGram - morning prayers to you and I hope you have a great day today.  Let worry go, as it will only hold you back. 

ANJ....no but husband make the font bigger and I still get the gifs......my DIL had back surgery yesterday and my mind has been with her so husband just did something and it's so much better!!!  How's Crystol today?

About the same....... 

Now, are you using firefox and adblock?   I am going to post something that will help you get the videos if that is your issue.  If it is not, why can't you get the news site videos from WESH - we must find you a fix.  So here it is, let me know.
Read the second half!  It will fix your problem - do it for each news site you visit!
To get the adblock plus 1.0.1 (Tools/add ons/then I did search orginally for adblock plus and the filter) :  https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865
Adblock Filterset.G Updater :  https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1136

Once installed - if you go to a news site and can't get video or live feed - there will be a red stop sign in the top right hand corner.  RIGHT click on that - and just choose disable on this page only.   That is the easy way, if you feel more advanced there are ways to turn off or on each specific pop up.  But most news stations don't have that many...annoying ones anyway!

thanks I will give it a try.!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1682 on: August 20, 2009, 08:01:52 PM »

no too confused!! And I am reading back.....and am going to give it a try. Wish me luck!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1683 on: August 20, 2009, 08:02:13 PM »

Let me know.  If you don't use firefox and the adblock email me and I will help you to never get another wii and be able to block all flashers!
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1684 on: August 20, 2009, 08:06:35 PM »

no too confused!! And I am reading back.....and am going to give it a try. Wish me luck!!

Good LUCK!     
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1685 on: August 20, 2009, 08:35:45 PM »

OMG YOU GUYS ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED TODAY!!! MY HOUSE WAS STRUCK BY LIGHTNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!          WE WERE HAVING A TERRIBLE STORM AND JUST AS I LOOKED OUT THE CARPORT WINDOW IT HIT, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE DOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO TERRIFIED IN MY LIFE!!!  IT HIT A HICKORY TREE IN MY YARD AND TRAVELED FROM THERE TO  OUR OUTDOOR LITTLE STEP LIGHTS AND TO THE SOCKET WHICH IS MOUNTED IN THE CARPORT JUST ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE DOOR WHERE I WAS STANDING!!!!    THE PERCUSSION WAS SO LOUD IN KNOCKED ME BACK AND SLAMMED MY TEETH TOGETHER AND I WAS TEMPORARILY DEAF!!! I WAS HYSTERICAL, I SAW THE WHOLE THING, A HUGE BLUE AND WHITE FIREBALL AND SMOKE EVERYWHERE!!!! THE BOX WHERE IT ENTERED THE HOUSE WAS BLOWN INTO A MILLION BITS AND THAT HIT  MY CAR AND CAUSED THE ALARM TO GO OFF. I THOUGHT IT HAD STRUCK MY CAR. I IMMEDIATELY CALLED 911 AND THEY TOLD ME TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE BUT IT WAS SO BAD OUTSIDE I COULDN'T DO ANYTHING BUT STAND IN THE FRONT DOOR CRYING UNTIL THE FIRETRUCKS GOT HERE, I THOUGHT MY HOUSE WAS ON FIRE, I COULD SMELL AND SEE THE SMOKE!!! THE FIREMEN CHECKED EVERYTHING AND THEY ARE WHO FOUND WHERE IT HIT IN THE CARPORT. IT THREW THE BREAKERS IN THE HOUSE AND THEY RESET THAT, BUT ALL OF THE TV'S ARE BLOWN, ALL 4 OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    I CALLED MY HUBBY AS SOON AS I CALLED 911 AND HE IMMEDIATELY LEFT WORK AND HAULED ASS HOME.AND WE HAVE ALREADY HAD AN ELECTRICIAN CHECK EVERYTHING AND THANK GOD THE COMPUTERS HAD SURGE PROTECTORS. NOW EVERYTHING IN THIS HOUSE WILL HAVE THEM!!! WE ARE SO LUCKY MY HOUSE DIDN'T BURN DOWN OR MY CAR DIDN'T BURN UP!!! i have just now calmed down enough to post(sorry for all the caps) after a xanax!! I seriously have never in my life ever heard anything so loud; i can't even describe it!!!! If the lightning had hit that control box directly instead of hitting the tree first, i would probably be dead right now!!  The electrician said it would have blown a gaping hole in the wall & blown the door off!!!! My neighbor across the street had just walked to her living room to look out front when it hit and she saw all the smoke & called me immediately. I told her i was okay but I was calling 911. Allstate will be here tomorrow & another neighbor let us borrow a tv. The tree that it hit will have to come down, I have pictures i can post later, i just remembered that!  Anyways, I wanted all of my friends to know what kind of day i had! Hubby's gone for Mcdonalds since the excitement has died down! I don't drink but I think I could use a cold one! Love you all, Monken    

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1686 on: August 20, 2009, 08:44:05 PM »

OMG YOU GUYS ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED TODAY!!! MY HOUSE WAS STRUCK BY LIGHTNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!          WE WERE HAVING A TERRIBLE STORM AND JUST AS I LOOKED OUT THE CARPORT WINDOW IT HIT, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE DOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO TERRIFIED IN MY LIFE!!!  IT HIT A HICKORY TREE IN MY YARD AND TRAVELED FROM THERE TO  OUR OUTDOOR LITTLE STEP LIGHTS AND TO THE SOCKET WHICH IS MOUNTED IN THE CARPORT JUST ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE DOOR WHERE I WAS STANDING!!!!    THE PERCUSSION WAS SO LOUD IN KNOCKED ME BACK AND SLAMMED MY TEETH TOGETHER AND I WAS TEMPORARILY DEAF!!! I WAS HYSTERICAL, I SAW THE WHOLE THING, A HUGE BLUE AND WHITE FIREBALL AND SMOKE EVERYWHERE!!!! THE BOX WHERE IT ENTERED THE HOUSE WAS BLOWN INTO A MILLION BITS AND THAT HIT  MY CAR AND CAUSED THE ALARM TO GO OFF. I THOUGHT IT HAD STRUCK MY CAR. I IMMEDIATELY CALLED 911 AND THEY TOLD ME TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE BUT IT WAS SO BAD OUTSIDE I COULDN'T DO ANYTHING BUT STAND IN THE FRONT DOOR CRYING UNTIL THE FIRETRUCKS GOT HERE, I THOUGHT MY HOUSE WAS ON FIRE, I COULD SMELL AND SEE THE SMOKE!!! THE FIREMEN CHECKED EVERYTHING AND THEY ARE WHO FOUND WHERE IT HIT IN THE CARPORT. IT THREW THE BREAKERS IN THE HOUSE AND THEY RESET THAT, BUT ALL OF THE TV'S ARE BLOWN, ALL 4 OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    I CALLED MY HUBBY AS SOON AS I CALLED 911 AND HE IMMEDIATELY LEFT WORK AND HAULED ASS HOME.AND WE HAVE ALREADY HAD AN ELECTRICIAN CHECK EVERYTHING AND THANK GOD THE COMPUTERS HAD SURGE PROTECTORS. NOW EVERYTHING IN THIS HOUSE WILL HAVE THEM!!! WE ARE SO LUCKY MY HOUSE DIDN'T BURN DOWN OR MY CAR DIDN'T BURN UP!!! i have just now calmed down enough to post(sorry for all the caps) after a xanax!! I seriously have never in my life ever heard anything so loud; i can't even describe it!!!! If the lightning had hit that control box directly instead of hitting the tree first, i would probably be dead right now!!  The electrician said it would have blown a gaping hole in the wall & blown the door off!!!! My neighbor across the street had just walked to her living room to look out front when it hit and she saw all the smoke & called me immediately. I told her i was okay but I was calling 911. Allstate will be here tomorrow & another neighbor let us borrow a tv. The tree that it hit will have to come down, I have pictures i can post later, i just remembered that!  Anyways, I wanted all of my friends to know what kind of day i had! Hubby's gone for Mcdonalds since the excitement has died down! I don't drink but I think I could use a cold one! Love you all, Monken    

Wow Monken you are very lucky nothing else happened to your house.  Thank god you are ok.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1687 on: August 20, 2009, 08:47:35 PM »

Monken  an angelic monkey Thank God you are alright, I can just imagine how frightening that all was for you.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1688 on: August 20, 2009, 08:49:31 PM »

Oh Monken I know you were scared outta your wits!  But so glad the damage is minimal!!  You definately have a little guardian angel watching over you!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1689 on: August 20, 2009, 09:09:31 PM »

Hi Monkeys!   

Sorry I have been awol.  Yes, I went and gave blood at 11:15 ( well really 11:25 - I am always late, lol).

Sunny, I am sorry I did not ask about DIL.  How is she?

Monkey - OMG!!      The TV can be replaced but YOU can't.  Thank God you are ok!!! 

Art, Trimm and Mere - thank you all for your concern too.

Now tomorrow is my first mammogram.  I feel a little better but it comes and goes. I will feel good then it hits me again.  Light headed, dizzy, extreme fatigue blah blah blah.   

BTW, have I mentioned I am enthralled with the Christine Sheddy case.  It is very interesting and heart breaking.   

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1690 on: August 20, 2009, 09:11:26 PM »

Hi Monkeys!   

Sorry I have been awol.  Yes, I went and gave blood at 11:15 ( well really 11:25 - I am always late, lol).

Monken - OMG!!      The TVs can be replaced but YOU can't.  Thank God you are ok!!! 

ANJM, Art, Trimm and Mere - thank you all for your concern too.

Now tomorrow is my first mammogram.  I feel a little better but it comes and goes. I will feel good then it hits me again.  Light headed, dizzy, extreme fatigue blah blah blah.   

BTW, have I mentioned I am enthralled with the Christine Sheddy case.  It is very interesting and heart breaking.   

edit
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1691 on: August 20, 2009, 09:13:05 PM »

ANJM - I am glad that you got in touch with your old vet and he steered you in the right direction. 

I was kind of concerned when you current vet didn't give you a special diet but thought to myself "self - what do you know." 

You and Crystol are still in my thoughts and prayers.   an angelic monkey

Next time speak up - with all the emotions it took my hinky meter awhile to kick in and say, logic says........

Muffy - thank you for your continued prayers.  I will update as things change. 

I kind of did but I didn't want to seem like a know it all because we all know I don't.   Monkey Devil!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1692 on: August 20, 2009, 09:19:37 PM »

Hi Monkeys!   

Monkey - OMG!!      The TV can be replaced but YOU can't.  Thank God you are ok!!! 

Art, Trimm and Mere - thank you all for your concern too.

She is doing well. Actually came home this morning. Nurses got her up about 3 hours after surgery. I made her favorite soup  and she was able to eat some. Her throat is sore...I guess if the docs move everything in your throat to one side it has to hurt~~ Her voice is a bit raspy and she is sore where they strapped her on the OR table. But all in all...so far so good.  Her back, arms and legs don't hurt and she has no numbness. The docs said we were to watch for swelling in her throat or if she had trouble swallowing we were to call immediately. Meds are pains meds, anti-inflamatories and muscle relaxers. She has  a soft collar and she says it is not uncomfortable.  Thank goodness we got her a new Lazyboy...it is her new best friend.   Thanks for asking

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1693 on: August 20, 2009, 09:21:03 PM »

y'all be good tonight and remember the hearing in Caylee's case starts at 9:30 

Rest in Peace Caylee

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1694 on: August 20, 2009, 09:23:52 PM »

Sunny - she sounds pretty good - all in all.  They do things so/too quickly these days.  It is shocking that she was dicharged so soon.  I am sure she is glad to be home though.  You are a MIL and friend.   

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1695 on: August 20, 2009, 09:25:25 PM »

Oh, thank you for reminding me!  See you on the Caylee thread!! 

P.S.  I am always good!   an angelic monkey

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1696 on: August 20, 2009, 09:52:00 PM »

NOOOOO, I have too much to do tomorrow!   
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1697 on: August 20, 2009, 09:55:23 PM »

Wow Monken!  That was quite a day you had.  I'm sorry about your tv's and all, but glad you will be all right.  That was a close call   

Hoping you feel better mytime  and hoping  Sunny's DIL heals up well, keeping both in my prayers, as well as Sister's little sis, Connie.   I hope ANJ"s little Crystol improves.  She's in my thoughts and prayers.     an angelic monkey 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1698 on: August 20, 2009, 10:01:12 PM »

NOOOOO, I have too much to do tomorrow!   

Well!   

I guess I will just *sigh* stay banished to the musings again or I will just drive Blink crazy!!  Monkey Devil!
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1699 on: August 20, 2009, 10:02:42 PM »

Hi Monkeys!   

Monken - OMG!!      The TVs can be replaced but YOU can't.  Thank God you are ok!!! 

ANJM, Art, Trimm and Mere - thank you all for your concern too.

edit

HEHE  - Artically ANJM!

MONKEN _ OMG - did you loose fridge, washer, dryer etc?  Are you in Ohio by any chance - I know a round of storms was traveling just north of me toward dayton.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.