March 18, 2024, 10:19:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #49 8/11/09 - 8/23/09  (Read 438822 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #180 on: August 12, 2009, 12:34:00 PM »

Hello there.....question???

Has anyone heard of a snake getting inside a car?  A good car without holes in the floorboard...lol.
And if so, how does the snake get in? 

Could the snake have come through the vent?  How big is this snake?

Here's a snake story, LOL   

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/carsnake.asp

and another car/snake story:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/05/19/2575253.htm
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #181 on: August 12, 2009, 12:41:55 PM »

Klaas.....this is a link to the snake....

http://www.kentuckysnakes.org/snake_details.cfm?snake_number=33&option=non-posionous

After the ladies jumped out of the car, the snake climbed into the back seat and then up on to the rear window ledge.

One of a group of men (most were scared) identified it as a non-poisonous rat snake and picked it up and let it go into the woods.

The car is a Toyota Avalon, and I am thinking of calling or writing Toyota to see if they can identify a space big enough for a snake to enter.

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #182 on: August 12, 2009, 12:47:21 PM »

http://www.kentuckysnakes.org/snake_details.cfm?snake_number=33&option=non-posionous

After the ladies jumped out of the car, the snake climbed into the back seat and then up on to the rear window ledge.

One of a group of men (most were scared) identified it as a non-poisonous rat snake and picked it up and let it go into the woods.

The car is a Toyota Avalon, and I am thinking of calling or writing Toyota to see if they can identify a space big enough for a snake to enter.

Mere - the only thing I can think of is the vents. 

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_a_snake_go_through_the_vents_in_a_car

Q:  Can a snake go through the vents in a car?

A:  Quite possibly.
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #183 on: August 12, 2009, 12:52:31 PM »

Has anyone heard of a snake getting inside a car?  A good car without holes in the floorboard...lol.

I have heard it of it!!  Rats and mice can get in too.  I have no idea how but I did just learn that a raccoon can fit in a 3" diameter. 
Dang chipmunks chewed all my electrical wires, turn signal, cruise control the works.   

Squirrels do a number on the boats around here.  A bunch of our wires we chewed and the boat repairman blamed the squirrels, I am not sure it wasn't rats though. 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #184 on: August 12, 2009, 12:57:17 PM »

NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!!   

I'm terrified of them!!! I usually check the back seat when I first get in the car at night, and immediately am at ease when I don't see a knife weilding murderer back there! I'd have to think hard to decide which I'd be more afraid of....... a knife weilding murderer or a snake!!!!

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #185 on: August 12, 2009, 12:57:51 PM »

Mere I don't know and I sure don't want to find out from personal experience!!.  When I lived in TX there were all kinds of stories of snakes in cars and under the hoods. I would have a freaking heart attack!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #186 on: August 12, 2009, 12:59:38 PM »

Thanks all.....

I thought new cars were pretty water-tight....but this was a rat snake of good size who was in car under driver's seat and started moving when three ladies were in car.  While it is not my car, I am a passenger fairly often....or I was....

HOLY CHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #187 on: August 12, 2009, 01:00:18 PM »

Great. Thanks Mere for the new fear I'm getting. I don't think I want to go out at lunch let alone bend down and try to look under my seat to see if it's OK.

My guess would be where the front dash connects to the engine. Lots of areas for connections. Eeeek! I scared myself thinkin of it.

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #188 on: August 12, 2009, 01:01:15 PM »

Here I am................. goofing off at work, having a pleasent time doodling with an avatar, checking the threads, being a good little monkey mod and you guys start talking SNAKES!!!!   

I'm going back to the avis!!!   

See? Cece's all done now!

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #189 on: August 12, 2009, 01:02:02 PM »

NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!!   

I'm terrified of them!!! I usually check the back seat when I first get in the car at night, and immediately am at ease when I don't see a knife weilding murderer back there! I'd have to think hard to decide which I'd be more afraid of....... a knife weilding murderer or a snake!!!!

THE SNAKE!!!!!  They are my worst earthly fear.

Rest in Peace Caylee

crazybabyborg
« Reply #190 on: August 12, 2009, 01:04:39 PM »

Great. Thanks Mere for the new fear I'm getting. I don't think I want to go out at lunch let alone bend down and try to look under my seat to see if it's OK.

My guess would be where the front dash connects to the engine. Lots of areas for connections. Eeeek! I scared myself thinkin of it.

I'm with you, NM!!! Hi, BTW!!!    It's so good to see you!!! Come here you! I'll protect you? 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #191 on: August 12, 2009, 01:06:45 PM »

That's it! I'm getting a Volkswagon! They float, so they have to be water snake tight, right? 
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #192 on: August 12, 2009, 01:07:49 PM »

I waited two days to ask you all....but I can't get this out of my head either.  I want it to make sense....and I want to solve the problem if I can.  I sometimes ride in this car for 10-12 hours.  I want it varmint free.  If there is an access, I would be at Lowe's looking at screening of some sort before I got in again....or maybe I will be driving my little Ford Escape from now on....

crazybabyborg
« Reply #193 on: August 12, 2009, 01:11:13 PM »

I waited two days to ask you all....but I can't get this out of my head either.  I want it to make sense....and I want to solve the problem if I can.  I sometimes ride in this car for 10-12 hours.  I want it varmint free.  If there is an access, I would be at Lowe's looking at screening of some sort before I got in again....or maybe I will be driving my little Ford Escape from now on....

I'd insist on a side car. Goggles and a helmet are cheap and worth every penny!!!
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #194 on: August 12, 2009, 01:13:04 PM »

Thanks CBB, but that would mean I would have to get in my car or a car!
I was planning on going to a nearby church at lunch, maybe I'll just pray here.

And I'm not even that afraid of snakes just the thought of one under your car seat while driving. Wow!

Sunny how did you make it in TX.

On the brighter side I rescued a turtle from a parking lot road this AM.

PS MyTime, nice skating the other night last week.

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #195 on: August 12, 2009, 01:16:53 PM »

And I'm not even that afraid of snakes just the thought of one under your car seat while driving. Wow!

I'm in the boonies today................ I'm going to make my son, who is with me in the boonies, leave his car here and drive with me back home!!! 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #196 on: August 12, 2009, 01:19:50 PM »

A suggestion to try:  Steelwool, flexable enough to pack in there.  Someone suggested it to me when I kept getting mice in the house thru little spaces & cracks.  It works great with mice (can't chew thru it).

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #197 on: August 12, 2009, 01:22:09 PM »

IMO that is not too much to ask.

I wish I knew more. I still think it is the das area. I know there are openings behind the glove compartments, and you can usually pull out panels around the sides down near the foot area in the front seats.

I don't know if you ever heard the radio show Car Talk on NPR, the 2 guys are a scream but they really know cars, car problems normal and unusual.
I know it may not be the quickest way to get an anwser but they are a good source.

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #198 on: August 12, 2009, 01:32:52 PM »

IMO that is not too much to ask.

I wish I knew more. I still think it is the das area. I know there are openings behind the glove compartments, and you can usually pull out panels around the sides down near the foot area in the front seats.

I don't know if you ever heard the radio show Car Talk on NPR, the 2 guys are a scream but they really know cars, car problems normal and unusual.
I know it may not be the quickest way to get an anwser but they are a good source.

NM....thanks for your answer.  I have heard them, and they are good listening.  I just found out that this car is made about 90 miles away and I have an email contact.  Since most people find it hard to believe that this could happen because "these new cars are waterproof", I am going to write to Toyota.

This may be my new ride........

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #199 on: August 12, 2009, 01:37:31 PM »

NM - we sold our dream home in TX at a loss because of snakes. After only living there 4 months.
On the brighter side...bless you for saving the turtle!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.