March 18, 2024, 10:56:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #49 8/11/09 - 8/23/09  (Read 438832 times)
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #200 on: August 12, 2009, 01:45:25 PM »

Wow Mere - Our Ky snakes must be brilliant! LOL  I didn't know you were a KY girl too.  I am guessing by 90 miles from Toyota you are near Lexington or Louisville.  Howdy from about 90 miles away if it is the  Toyota near me!

Crystol update for those following her saga.........  She is less perky than she was first this this am, but stable. She is on two antibiotics and this potent drug, so I guess her being less perky is to be expected. She is mad that the neighbor behind us is cutting down and shredding the logs today - disturbing her nap.  I will just keep turning tv up to down it out so she doesn't feel the need to grrrrrrrr and protect!  Her Dr. called a bit ago and was impressed I got her meds here by 9:45am.  Course, the medicine was 25 and I paid 30 in shipping - but worth every penny and then some.  Funny how I won't buy off amazon unless I get the best price and free super saver shipping but when it comes to our babies we will and feel like we got the best deal of the day! 
If you see a boy in brown (UPS) today - hug him for me! LOL
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 02:01:42 PM by CBB » Logged
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #201 on: August 12, 2009, 01:46:08 PM »

Thanks CBB, but that would mean I would have to get in my car or a car!
I was planning on going to a nearby church at lunch, maybe I'll just pray here.

And I'm not even that afraid of snakes just the thought of one under your car seat while driving. Wow!

Sunny how did you make it in TX.

On the brighter side I rescued a turtle from a parking lot road this AM.

PS MyTime, nice skating the other night last week.

NM - we sold our dream home in TX at a loss because of snakes. After only living there 4 months.
On the brighter side...bless you for saving the turtle!!

Wow Sunny, I've lived in Texas all my life, most of it in the deep woods.     I can't imagine selling a dream home and leaving the state because of them.  Did you have a run-in with some snakes or what happened?

Although my oldest son did go in his bedroom one night when he was about 13 and there was a snake coiled up on his pillow.   

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #202 on: August 12, 2009, 01:48:40 PM »

And I'm not even that afraid of snakes just the thought of one under your car seat while driving. Wow!

NM - we sold our dream home in TX at a loss because of snakes. After only living there 4 months.
Sunny-N-Tx - glad to see you all cool again. 
So how come you had to sell it due to snakes?  Did they get inside and couldn't be exterminated or was it too dangerous to go outside?
crazybabyborg
« Reply #203 on: August 12, 2009, 01:53:33 PM »

SUNNY!! Ohhhhhhh, that's sad! We killed 13 the first summer we had this house, and I begged to move! I talked with the naturalist at a local park, and after he fussed at me for killing snakes, he told me that snakes don't travel far throughout their life from where they are hatched. So I made a point to kill every single one I saw. Well, I didn't kill any of them.............. I was like the roadrunner, leaving only a cloud behind me whenever I saw one! My ex husband killed them. Anyway, the next year we saw only about 4, and we got them, too. I've lived here 20 years now, and I go through years and never see any at all. I really think it helped. I have a dog, too, that doesn't tolerate any critters in the yard. She found one about 5 years ago. That's the last incident.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #204 on: August 12, 2009, 02:02:40 PM »

Hoping things go well for little Crystol today, ANJ.

About a month ago, son and I found an Eastern Box Turtle on a street behind his house in east Texas.  It's about the size of the palm of my hand.  I believe he was an escaped pet and we put signs and such up and no one claimed him.   He had a very deep scrape on top of his shell.  He lives at my house now, and his name is "Silent Bob".  Normally if I found a turtle/tortoise out somewhere, I would just move it on across the road out of harms way.  But this one was found on a street with houses, two streets over from a very busy commercial street.  And the street he was on had really high curbs.  He was sitting on someone's front lawn.    I think he was an escapee.  "Silent Bob" is really friendly and follows us around like a puppy. 

My little blue parakeet "Cindy Lou Who" died on Sunday.  She was companion to our cockatiel "Bird".  It's sad when we lose our pets. 

I don't have any pet snakes.  Not too fond of snakes.  Most other creatures, but will take a pass on snakes...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #205 on: August 12, 2009, 02:03:50 PM »

Wow Mere - Our Ky snakes must be brilliant! LOL  I didn't know you were a KY girl too.  I am guessing by 90 miles from Toyota you are near Lexington or Louisville.  Howdy from about 90 miles away if it is the  Toyota near me!

Crystol update for those following her saga.........  She is less perky than she was first this this am, but stable. She is on two antibiotics and this potent drug, so I guess her being less perky is to be expected. She is mad that the neighbor behind us is cutting down and shredding the logs today - disturbing her nap.  I will just keep turning tv up to down it out so she doesn't feel the need to grrrrrrrr and protect!  Her Dr. called a bit ago and was impressed I got her meds here by 9:45am.  Course, the medicine was 25 and I paid 30 in shipping - but worth every penny and then some.  Funny how I won't buy off amazon unless I get the best price and free super saver shipping but when it comes to our babies we will and feel like we got the best deal of the day! 

ANJ! I didn't mean to edit your post!    I'm distracted with that pesky thing called work and intended to quote, not edit it!  It's fixed back now......... sorry!

I just wanted to say your furbaby will be fine. She's got a great mommie!   
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #206 on: August 12, 2009, 02:09:33 PM »

Great. Thanks Mere for the new fear I'm getting. I don't think I want to go out at lunch let alone bend down and try to look under my seat to see if it's OK.

My guess would be where the front dash connects to the engine. Lots of areas for connections. Eeeek! I scared myself thinkin of it.

I waited two days to ask you all....but I can't get this out of my head either.  I want it to make sense....and I want to solve the problem if I can.  I sometimes ride in this car for 10-12 hours.  I want it varmint free.  If there is an access, I would be at Lowe's looking at screening of some sort before I got in again....or maybe I will be driving my little Ford Escape from now on....
A suggestion to try:  Steelwool, flexable enough to pack in there.  Someone suggested it to me when I kept getting mice in the house thru little spaces & cracks.  It works great with mice (can't chew thru it).

I second that suggestion...we used it in the weep holes in our last  house in Houston as neighbors were having field mice get in their house...I put steel wool in every weep hole around the house. Never had mice of any kind!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #207 on: August 12, 2009, 02:13:56 PM »

ANJ thanks for the update!!  I was starting to get worried about you!!  Glad you got the meds early. I think with new meds it's normal that she would be less perky.   eeerrr...have YOU eaten today??

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #208 on: August 12, 2009, 02:24:21 PM »

Wow Sunny, I've lived in Texas all my life, most of it in the deep woods.     I can't imagine selling a dream home and leaving the state because of them.  Did you have a run-in with some snakes or what happened?  We didn't leave the state then..in fact it was 15 years later. We moved to a more densely populated area. I did and it scared the crap outta me and wouldn't set foot in the back yard, go out to the pool or let my dogs out back. My husband couldn't stand the thought of me being so frightened and sold the house. It no longer held the dream!

Although my oldest son did go in his bedroom one night when he was about 13 and there was a snake coiled up on his pillow.   

Holy Crap...I would have been gone from there! 

Rest in Peace Caylee

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #209 on: August 12, 2009, 02:26:12 PM »

Once I was watering a hanging basket and a snake slithered out of it!  I was told they can drop from a tree into the gutter and follow that.  Was not poisonous but still, I think about it every time I water plants.  Guess he didn't like that cold water.

My cousin bought river property and had a terrible infestation but he kills them and each year, there are fewer and fewer.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #210 on: August 12, 2009, 02:29:35 PM »

So how come you had to sell it due to snakes?  Did they get inside and couldn't be exterminated or was it too dangerous to go outside?

there was a huge pasture behind us and the guy that owned the land had a very large compost pile near our fence.....I was so afraid of the snakes, it got to where I wouldn't go out in the back yard or let the dogs in the back. I no longer felt safe even walking to our pool.  The day I poured charcoal starter on one of the ground level decks and lit it , was the day my husband knew we couldn't stay there any long.  BTW...there were 5 snakes under that deck!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #211 on: August 12, 2009, 02:36:35 PM »

SUNNY!! Ohhhhhhh, that's sad! We killed 13 the first summer we had this house, and I begged to move! I talked with the naturalist at a local park, and after he fussed at me for killing snakes, he told me that snakes don't travel far throughout their life from where they are hatched. So I made a point to kill every single one I saw. Well, I didn't kill any of them.............. I was like the roadrunner, leaving only a cloud behind me whenever I saw one! My ex husband killed them. Anyway, the next year we saw only about 4, and we got them, too. I've lived here 20 years now, and I go through years and never see any at all. I really think it helped. I have a dog, too, that doesn't tolerate any critters in the yard. She found one about 5 years ago. That's the last incident.

I so understand being like roadrunner...with me it would be roadrunner on steroids.  You know what...I never missed that house.....the fear pushed everything that was great about that house out of my mind.  At the time we had 3 cockers and I was so terrified one would get bitten. But we found a different house that we loved and lived in for 15 years. Until we moved to MO 2 yrs ago. A big English Tudor on a huge lot with a pool and my beloved rose garden.  It was all good!!  And we never saw a snake.

Rest in Peace Caylee

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #212 on: August 12, 2009, 02:51:18 PM »

About a month ago, son and I found an Eastern Box Turtle on a street behind his house in east Texas.  It's about the size of the palm of my hand.  I believe he was an escaped pet and we put signs and such up and no one claimed him.   He had a very deep scrape on top of his shell.  He lives at my house now, and his name is "Silent Bob".  Normally if I found a turtle/tortoise out somewhere, I would just move it on across the road out of harms way.  But this one was found on a street with houses, two streets over from a very busy commercial street.  And the street he was on had really high curbs.  He was sitting on someone's front lawn.    I think he was an escapee.  "Silent Bob" is really friendly and follows us around like a puppy. 

My little blue parakeet "Cindy Lou Who" died on Sunday.  She was companion to our cockatiel "Bird".  It's sad when we lose our pets. 

I don't have any pet snakes.  Not too fond of snakes.  Most other creatures, but will take a pass on snakes...

Big angel wing hugs  an angelic monkey  to you Muffy -- on the loss of Cindy Lou Who.  I bet Bird is heartbroken too.  You know I get it about loss as I sit here on shaky ground.  It is going to be a long week, for sure. 
On a brighter note - I loved hearing about  Silent BOB!!
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #213 on: August 12, 2009, 02:53:56 PM »

ANJ! I didn't mean to edit your post!    I'm distracted with that pesky thing called work and intended to quote, not edit it!  It's fixed back now......... sorry!

I just wanted to say your furbaby will be fine. She's got a great mommie!   

No worries - I didn't even notice!  But, if you fix my spelling, grammer, lost letters, words and word part - edit away !!!!!!

Thank you - I hope she thinks so too!  She is being very, very quiet.  Almost to quiet.
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #214 on: August 12, 2009, 02:55:45 PM »

ANJ thanks for the update!!  I was starting to get worried about you!!  Glad you got the meds early. I think with new meds it's normal that she would be less perky.   eeerrr...have YOU eaten today??

I had oatmeal.  But fine, I will go get another fiber plus bar.  I am feeling the 48 hours w/o sleep today.  Might be a nap with baby day!
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #215 on: August 12, 2009, 02:59:00 PM »

I thought the Toyota plant that made avalons was in Bowling Green - but I see it is in Georgetown.  Yep, I am in KY....fighting off those critters.   

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #216 on: August 12, 2009, 02:59:29 PM »

there was a huge pasture behind us and the guy that owned the land had a very large compost pile near our fence.....I was so afraid of the snakes, it got to where I wouldn't go out in the back yard or let the dogs in the back. I no longer felt safe even walking to our pool.  The day I poured charcoal starter on one of the ground level decks and lit it , was the day my husband knew we couldn't stay there any long.  BTW...there were 5 snakes under that deck!

Yikes - I take it the deck you set on fire (or almost - did you light a match?  Sun could have done it too, if not!) was made of wood?   Smart hubby - sell at a loss or she will burn it down!   
Just razzing you! 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #217 on: August 12, 2009, 03:03:41 PM »

Big angel wing hugs  an angelic monkey  to you Muffy -- on the loss of Cindy Lou Who.  I bet Bird is heartbroken too.  You know I get it about loss as I sit here on shaky ground.  It is going to be a long week, for sure. 
On a brighter note - I loved hearing about  Silent BOB!!

Muffy - So sorry to hear about Cindy Lou Who.  I am sure that Silent Bob misses her greatly as does your family.  I have a funny bird story but do not think it is appropriate right now.  When you are ready for it let me know and I will tell it.

ANJ - glad to hear that the meds came fast and that Crystol is holding her own.  Hope you got some rest as well.  Sending prayers your way.

Deenie - if you happen to see this you mentioned Kale yesterday.  I have so much growing this year and the kids are getting tired of the one way I cook it.  I would LOVE a new recipe for Kale. 

If anyone else has a recipe for Kale  I would appreciate it if you would share.
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #218 on: August 12, 2009, 03:04:23 PM »

I thought the Toyota plant that made avalons was in Bowling Green - but I see it is in Georgetown.  Yep, I am in KY....fighting off those critters.   
Oh, I guess just the corporate offices are up here near me.  So, I am 90 from that plant so we might be 180ish miles apart or next door neighbors,  but we are still fellow Kentuckians! 
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #219 on: August 12, 2009, 03:06:13 PM »

Thanks NorthernRose!  I am off to eat my fiber one bar so I don't get my monkey spanked!  Then a nap, if baby wants!  Be back soon!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.