March 19, 2024, 03:16:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #49 8/11/09 - 8/23/09  (Read 438884 times)
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #500 on: August 13, 2009, 11:32:01 AM »

Anyone know this little guy?   

Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #501 on: August 13, 2009, 11:45:42 AM »

YES! He & his friends raided my birdfeeder last night & destroyed it & the limb it was hanging on!! 

Hey there, Trimm!! 

Oh, I know what you mean, Monken!! Between the squirrels and raccoons, it's almost impossible for me to keep a birdfeeder!!!

I've been working on Halloween avis, and wanted to show you that you've got a new outfit!!!   

I put a pole with three hooks on it out in the yard, and any three limb is at least 10 feet away, so the squirrels can't jump on it from the trees.  And then I grease the middle section of the pole with vaseline from time to time, so the squirrels can't shinny up and get the food.  The pole has three flat feet on it, and I put big rocks on them to keep it from tipping.  There are three hooks at the top, and I hang three tube feeders, with black oiled sunflower seed.

For the little tiny birds that I feed nyjer seed (black gold $$), I hang metal mesh feeders that I hang inside hard plasitic 1/2 globes with a hook inside, from a tree limb, that will tip if a pesky squirrel tries to get to the seeds.  I have two of those and have been successful.  So far. 

Hey Muffy!! 
We have so many trees it's impossible to block their access that way. There are several huge white oaks in our yard & maples & the tree tops connect & that's mostly how they get to my pecan tree. We looked up squirrel baffles, the metal you attach to the trunks, & went to Lowes to price the metal & it's really expensive! But now all of the squirrels have disappeared!
The birdfeeder we were using is one of the little wire basket types that you put the block of seed in & hang in a tree. We bought a different kind this last time that had peanut butter in it & that's probably what the raccoons were after! Last night was the second night they were in it & they finally broke the chain & got it on the ground, but they never did get it open; they just licked & clawed out what they could! I would love to have one of those motion activated wildlife cameras. There is no telling what comes in our yard in the middle of the night!   

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #502 on: August 13, 2009, 11:57:42 AM »

YES! He & his friends raided my birdfeeder last night & destroyed it & the limb it was hanging on!! 

Hey there, Trimm!! 

Hey Monken.   
Haven't seen any of those little rascals lately,but they always come back .   
I have rabbits.Big rabbits,and baby rabbits.
Also little turtles.I have a pair of turtles that live under my lakeside deck.I know they are the same turtles because granddaughter and I marked them.The Auburn colored one is gone.   
The Bama colored one is still around here.I wonder if the babies belong to her?They are the size of an oreo cookie.I never would have seen them,but Digger brought them to me.    I had to hide them from him.   Monkey Devil!

AWWW, I wish we could see some turtles, the girls would love that! I swear, this has been the year for wildlife!! Although we live inside the city, we live in an area that has lots of woods so we regularly see wild animals esp. deer! But this year we have seen more raccoons than ever(2 of them raided our fig tree a few weeks ago). When i started taking pictures they hauled it out of there!  Armadillos are everywhere!! My next-door neighbor has been on armadillo watch every night this week! He even had baby armadillos out there night before last! They are destroying his yard. And for the first time ever, i saw a coyote trailing behind a young deer(sneaky bastard)    I don't know what's going on but I'm glad the squirrels are gone & I hope it stays that way!

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #503 on: August 13, 2009, 12:00:41 PM »

Gotta work on a cake, BBL!!   

Phaedrus
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #504 on: August 13, 2009, 12:03:37 PM »

Gotta work on a cake, BBL!!   

Be sure to post it.    an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #505 on: August 13, 2009, 12:10:20 PM »

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #506 on: August 13, 2009, 12:14:25 PM »

For KCJackie.    an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #507 on: August 13, 2009, 01:02:30 PM »

Les Paul, guitar revolutionary, dies at 94   an angelic monkey

6 mins ago

NEW YORK (AFP) – Les Paul, a virtuoso guitarist whose innovations in recording techniques changed the course of rock music, died Thursday in New York state, Gibson Guitar company said. He was 94.

Paul "passed away today from complications of severe pneumonia at White Plains Hospital in White Plains, New York, surrounded by family and loved ones," said Gibson, which makes the renowned Les Paul guitar.

Gibson called Paul "one of the foremost influences on 20th century sound and responsible for the world's most famous guitar, the Les Paul model."

"Today, countless musical legends still consider Paul's iconic guitar unmatched in sound and prowess," the company's statement said.

"Among Paul's most enduring contributions are those in the technological realm, including ingenious developments in multi-track recording, guitar effects, and the mechanics of sound in general."

~ Peter Frampton
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #508 on: August 13, 2009, 01:29:42 PM »

RIP Les Paul.

Happy BDay Trimm and KCJackie!

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #509 on: August 13, 2009, 01:55:13 PM »

Link to Jackie's Birthday party thread!   

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5921.0
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #510 on: August 13, 2009, 02:13:57 PM »

6 mins ago

NEW YORK (AFP) – Les Paul, a virtuoso guitarist whose innovations in recording techniques changed the course of rock music, died Thursday in New York state, Gibson Guitar company said. He was 94.

Paul "passed away today from complications of severe pneumonia at White Plains Hospital in White Plains, New York, surrounded by family and loved ones," said Gibson, which makes the renowned Les Paul guitar.

Gibson called Paul "one of the foremost influences on 20th century sound and responsible for the world's most famous guitar, the Les Paul model."

"Today, countless musical legends still consider Paul's iconic guitar unmatched in sound and prowess," the company's statement said.

"Among Paul's most enduring contributions are those in the technological realm, including ingenious developments in multi-track recording, guitar effects, and the mechanics of sound in general."

RIP Les Paul.

I actually met him at a little bar in NYC when I was 18.  He played a few sets that night too -- he was vey good!

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #511 on: August 13, 2009, 02:35:13 PM »

Too funny Trim
They are so funny.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #512 on: August 13, 2009, 02:54:31 PM »

6 mins ago

RIP Les Paul.

I actually met him at a little bar in NYC when I was 18.  He played a few sets that night too -- he was vey good!

I bet that was awesome,Leroy.   

~ Peter Frampton
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #513 on: August 13, 2009, 03:05:03 PM »

Thanks for this and the raccoon sign!!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #514 on: August 13, 2009, 04:02:27 PM »

Thanks for this and the raccoon sign!!

No problem monkey friend.   

~ Peter Frampton
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #515 on: August 13, 2009, 05:20:51 PM »

Sunny-N-Tx -- you paged? LOL  It took me forever to get in here.......

Anywhoooooo,  Crystol is stable.  She is eating small bites at a time - maybe she knows not to eat the bowl all at once (which is what she usually does).  But, as long as she is eating some, drinking and holding down all the meds - I am as happy as I can be.  She is not her playful self by a long shot - but moving in the right direction.  Day 2 med given this am - I get to take her back for re-evaluation to see if the med is working on Day 7.  It is proving to be a really long, long week........

BTW - I got a Fiber Plus when I saw your page.  I did have a small bowl of shredded wheat this am, but when baby doesn't eat - hard for mama to eat!  BTW - vet liked MUFFY's recipe and also said the broth if not too salty on her normal food was a good first step. 

How is that new air conditioner?  Did you get the mess all cleaned up? 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #516 on: August 13, 2009, 05:28:17 PM »

Anywhoooooo,  Crystol is stable.  She is eating small bites at a time - maybe she knows not to eat the bowl all at once (which is what she usually does).  But, as long as she is eating some, drinking and holding down all the meds - I am as happy as I can be.  She is not her playful self by a long shot - but moving in the right direction.  Day 2 med given this am - I get to take her back for re-evaluation to see if the med is working on Day 7.  It is proving to be a really long, long week........

BTW - I got a Fiber Plus when I saw your page.  I did have a small bowl of shredded wheat this am, but when baby doesn't eat - hard for mama to eat!  BTW - vet liked MUFFY's recipe and also said the broth if not too salty on her normal food was a good first step. 

I got kicked out several times too!!  Crystol sounds like she is doing well. Easting a little at a time is certainly good. Drinnking and keeping down the meds is GREAT!!   Good news about Muffy's  recipe. I always have homemade broth on hand. I use it for so many thins. I even use it instead of water for rice.   The new a/c rocks!  It is so quiet and doesn't run all the time. I got the messed cleaned, the laundry room, when the furnace is all back together, the laundry finished and the grocery shopping done...Life is Good!   PS: glad you ate...keep it up!! 

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #517 on: August 13, 2009, 05:29:13 PM »

Thanks for the update ANJ  an angelic monkey
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #518 on: August 13, 2009, 05:33:25 PM »

Thanks for the update ANJ  an angelic monkey

Thanks for caring guys!  I heart monkeys!   

Sunny - too bad your so far away - son did great job at grocery.  (even with the 5 calls home to ask questions!)   
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #519 on: August 13, 2009, 05:34:25 PM »

I got kicked out several times too!!  Crystol sounds like she is doing well. Easting a little at a time is certainly good. Drinnking and keeping down the meds is GREAT!!   Good news about Muffy's  recipe. I always have homemade broth on hand. I use it for so many thins. I even use it instead of water for rice.   The new a/c rocks!  It is so quiet and doesn't run all the time. I got the messed cleaned, the laundry room, when the furnace is all back together, the laundry finished and the grocery shopping done...Life is Good!   PS: glad you ate...keep it up!! 

You guys sound like you are doing good!!  Now if you could only stay out of trouble.   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.