March 28, 2024, 11:03:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #49 8/11/09 - 8/23/09  (Read 439419 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #220 on: August 12, 2009, 03:06:56 PM »

Hoping things go well for little Crystol today, ANJ.

About a month ago, son and I found an Eastern Box Turtle on a street behind his house in east Texas.  It's about the size of the palm of my hand.  I believe he was an escaped pet and we put signs and such up and no one claimed him.   He had a very deep scrape on top of his shell.  He lives at my house now, and his name is "Silent Bob".  Normally if I found a turtle/tortoise out somewhere, I would just move it on across the road out of harms way.  But this one was found on a street with houses, two streets over from a very busy commercial street.  And the street he was on had really high curbs.  He was sitting on someone's front lawn.    I think he was an escapee.  "Silent Bob" is really friendly and follows us around like a puppy. 

My little blue parakeet "Cindy Lou Who" died on Sunday.  She was companion to our cockatiel "Bird".  It's sad when we lose our pets. 

I don't have any pet snakes.  Not too fond of snakes.  Most other creatures, but will take a pass on snakes...

I think you were meant to find Silent Bob!  I am sorry you  lost Cindy Lou Who. It is terribly sad and heartbreaking to lose our pets....   they all take a little piece of us when they go.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #221 on: August 12, 2009, 03:07:44 PM »

Wow Mere - Our Ky snakes must be brilliant! LOL  I didn't know you were a KY girl too.  I am guessing by 90 miles from Toyota you are near Lexington or Louisville.  Howdy from about 90 miles away if it is the  Toyota near me!

Crystol update for those following her saga.........  She is less perky than she was first this this am, but stable. She is on two antibiotics and this potent drug, so I guess her being less perky is to be expected. She is mad that the neighbor behind us is cutting down and shredding the logs today - disturbing her nap.  I will just keep turning tv up to down it out so she doesn't feel the need to grrrrrrrr and protect!  Her Dr. called a bit ago and was impressed I got her meds here by 9:45am.  Course, the medicine was 25 and I paid 30 in shipping - but worth every penny and then some.  Funny how I won't buy off amazon unless I get the best price and free super saver shipping but when it comes to our babies we will and feel like we got the best deal of the day! 
If you see a boy in brown (UPS) today - hug him for me! LOL

I thought the Toyota plant that made avalons was in Bowling Green - but I see it is in Georgetown.  Yep, I am in KY....fighting off those critters.   
Oh, I guess just the corporate offices are up here near me.  So, I am 90 from that plant so we might be 180ish miles apart or next door neighbors,  but we are still fellow Kentuckians! 

Are you north of the plant?  I am south and there is a neighbor cutting trees and shredding them.  Creepy, yes?

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #222 on: August 12, 2009, 03:08:09 PM »

Once I was watering a hanging basket and a snake slithered out of it!  I was told they can drop from a tree into the gutter and follow that.  Was not poisonous but still, I think about it every time I water plants.  Guess he didn't like that cold water.

My cousin bought river property and had a terrible infestation but he kills them and each year, there are fewer and fewer.

that would have been the end of me watering plants!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #223 on: August 12, 2009, 03:11:30 PM »

Wow Mere - Our Ky snakes must be brilliant! LOL  I didn't know you were a KY girl too.  I am guessing by 90 miles from Toyota you are near Lexington or Louisville.  Howdy from about 90 miles away if it is the  Toyota near me!

Crystol update for those following her saga.........  She is less perky than she was first this this am, but stable. She is on two antibiotics and this potent drug, so I guess her being less perky is to be expected. She is mad that the neighbor behind us is cutting down and shredding the logs today - disturbing her nap.  I will just keep turning tv up to down it out so she doesn't feel the need to grrrrrrrr and protect!  Her Dr. called a bit ago and was impressed I got her meds here by 9:45am.  Course, the medicine was 25 and I paid 30 in shipping - but worth every penny and then some.  Funny how I won't buy off amazon unless I get the best price and free super saver shipping but when it comes to our babies we will and feel like we got the best deal of the day! 
If you see a boy in brown (UPS) today - hug him for me! LOL

ANJ thanks for the update!!  I was starting to get worried about you!!  Glad you got the meds early. I think with new meds it's normal that she would be less perky.   eeerrr...have YOU eaten today??

I had oatmeal.  But fine, I will go get another fiber plus bar.  I am feeling the 48 hours w/o sleep today.  Might be a nap with baby day!

You gotta keep you healthy so you can get baby healthy. A nap sounds good...but not going to happen here....how can 2 people and 2 little dogs make so much laundry!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #224 on: August 12, 2009, 03:17:55 PM »

Thanks CBB, but that would mean I would have to get in my car or a car!
I was planning on going to a nearby church at lunch, maybe I'll just pray here.

And I'm not even that afraid of snakes just the thought of one under your car seat while driving. Wow!

Sunny how did you make it in TX.

On the brighter side I rescued a turtle from a parking lot road this AM.

PS MyTime, nice skating the other night last week.

NM - we sold our dream home in TX at a loss because of snakes. After only living there 4 months.
On the brighter side...bless you for saving the turtle!!
Sunny-N-Tx - glad to see you all cool again. 
So how come you had to sell it due to snakes?  Did they get inside and couldn't be exterminated or was it too dangerous to go outside?

there was a huge pasture behind us and the guy that owned the land had a very large compost pile near our fence.....I was so afraid of the snakes, it got to where I wouldn't go out in the back yard or let the dogs in the back. I no longer felt safe even walking to our pool.  The day I poured charcoal starter on one of the ground level decks and lit it , was the day my husband knew we couldn't stay there any long.  BTW...there were 5 snakes under that deck!

Yikes - I take it the deck you set on fire (or almost - did you light a match?  Sun could have done it too, if not!) was made of wood?   Smart hubby - sell at a loss or she will burn it down!   
Just razzing you! 

yep it was a redwood deck that sat about 4-5 inches high...I saw one slither under there and before I even realized it I had soaked one end...the opposite end where the snake slithered under, in charcoal starter and hell yes I lit it!  I had those long matches that you use to light the wood in the fireplace...I lit one and through it .....And ran like hell!! Thank goodness the deck sat on concrete slab!  My DH was upset...but didn't say too much

Rest in Peace Caylee

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #225 on: August 12, 2009, 03:31:08 PM »

Just got home and all caught up! 

ANJM - glad baby got her meds and is doing ok!!  Give her another kiss for me!!   

Muffy - sorry to hear about Cindy Lou Who.   

NM - thanky you for enjoying my skating!  LOL

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #226 on: August 12, 2009, 03:31:45 PM »

Ya'll remember this article about the five legged puppy?    The guy that got outbid is suing the original owner for $4,000.00 (See Article after original article) And then he wants to try to sue to get the dog back  from the lady that out bid him at $4,000.00 and paid for the puppy's surgery.  This guy is a REAL Grinch, imo.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/32113238/ns/today-today_pets/
[b]Success! 5-legged puppy’s extra limb removed
Rescued dog recovering well from surgery, which could total up to $2,000[/b]

Before her surgery, Lilly the puppy couldn't sit, walk or lay properly because of her extra leg. "She'd struggle to run up a hill or walk up a hill because she had to tug that thing behind her," says the dog's owner, Allyson Siegel.
updated 6:51 p.m. CT, Thurs., July 23, 2009

Lilly, the five-legged puppy at the center of a tug of war this week between a Charlotte, N.C., dog-lover and a Coney Island, N.Y., sideshow owner, had her extra appendage removed Thursday, PEOPLE Pets has learned.

The dog's new owner, Allyson Siegel — who purchased Lilly for $4,000 from Calvin Owensby, and outbid sideshow owner John Strong — says the 6-week-old terrier-Chihuahua mix had the surgery at a veterinarian's office, but preferred not to disclose the location. The operation took place amid reports that Strong was planning to file a lawsuit to get the dog back.

"Last night I called the surgeon and said, 'Will you take a look at her to see if she's healthy enough, see if you think that she could possibly have the surgery now?' And he did, and she did," Siegel tells PEOPLE Pets. Though the dog is still recovering and will not return home for another 24 to 36 hours, Siegel says she's "doing great. She's recovering well, no complications."
'This was always about Lilly'
Siegel, whose story was originally reported in the New York Daily News, says she will pay for the surgery bill — which could total up to $2,000 — with donations that she's received from several people who have heard of the dog's plight.

"In my mind it's kind of over. Just let it be over," she says, referring to Strong's legal threats. "I'm very happy that Lilly is fine and that she's going to be a normal dog. And get to have a normal life and not be in a cage. I don't personally have anything against him, Mr. Strong, I don't know him. This was really always about Lilly."

Prior to the surgery, the puppy couldn't sit, walk or lay properly because of the extra leg (which had six toes and protruded from her stomach). "She'd struggle to run up a hill or walk up a hill because she had to tug that thing behind her," says Siegel.

When she returns home, the dog will be running around like any other puppy — though she'll have to wear a cone to prevent her from biting her stitches. "She's got a lot of energy,” Siegel says of the Lilly's personality. "She plays hard and sleeps hard."

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/strange/offbeat_ap_chicago_tv_judge_to_hear_5legged_puppy_case_200908121256_2757476
TV judge to hear
5-legged puppy case
TV show will air September 21

Updated: Wednesday, 12 Aug 2009, 11:58 AM CDT
Published : Wednesday, 12 Aug 2009, 11:57 AM CDT

CHICAGO (AP) - The case of a puppy that used to have five legs and was saved from a Coney Island animal show is going before a court TV judge in Chicago.

Plaintiff John Strong operates a New York animal show that features disfigured animals. He's suing the dog's original owner, Calvin Owensby, for $4,000.

Strong says Owensby reneged on an agreement to sell him the animal for $3,000. Owensby says they didn't sign a contract.

Owensby sold the Chihuahua-terrier mix to a North Carolina woman who wanted to keep the pooch out of the animal show. She's had the dog's fifth leg removed.

Former New York district attorney Jeanine Pirro's show is being taped Wednesday. It will air on Sept. 21.

Strong says if he wins the case, he plans to fight in court to reclaim the dog.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 03:33:32 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #227 on: August 12, 2009, 03:35:24 PM »

When my mom got out of rehab she had this claw like thing to help her reach things.  She gave one to PT and he loved it.  I thought "what are you going to do with that - crazy man? "

Sometimes we have a snake that gets in our screened pool area.  PT uses the claw and gets rid of it.  For some reason, I am not afraid of them.

But now talk about rats!  I hate them!!  We had one in our pool and between me and PT is was like the 3 stooches trying to get it out.   

I just hope the snake got him!   
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #228 on: August 12, 2009, 03:37:45 PM »

Ya'll remember this article about the five legged puppy?    The guy that got outbid is suing the original owner for $4,000.00 (See Article after original article) And then he wants to try to sue to get the dog back  from the lady that out bid him at $4,000.00 and paid for the puppy's surgery.  This guy is a REAL Grinch, imo.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/32113238/ns/today-today_pets/
[b]Success! 5-legged puppy’s extra limb removed
Rescued dog recovering well from surgery, which could total up to $2,000[/b]

Before her surgery, Lilly the puppy couldn't sit, walk or lay properly because of her extra leg. "She'd struggle to run up a hill or walk up a hill because she had to tug that thing behind her," says the dog's owner, Allyson Siegel.
updated 6:51 p.m. CT, Thurs., July 23, 2009

Lilly, the five-legged puppy at the center of a tug of war this week between a Charlotte, N.C., dog-lover and a Coney Island, N.Y., sideshow owner, had her extra appendage removed Thursday, PEOPLE Pets has learned.

The dog's new owner, Allyson Siegel — who purchased Lilly for $4,000 from Calvin Owensby, and outbid sideshow owner John Strong — says the 6-week-old terrier-Chihuahua mix had the surgery at a veterinarian's office, but preferred not to disclose the location. The operation took place amid reports that Strong was planning to file a lawsuit to get the dog back.

"Last night I called the surgeon and said, 'Will you take a look at her to see if she's healthy enough, see if you think that she could possibly have the surgery now?' And he did, and she did," Siegel tells PEOPLE Pets. Though the dog is still recovering and will not return home for another 24 to 36 hours, Siegel says she's "doing great. She's recovering well, no complications."
'This was always about Lilly'
Siegel, whose story was originally reported in the New York Daily News, says she will pay for the surgery bill — which could total up to $2,000 — with donations that she's received from several people who have heard of the dog's plight.

"In my mind it's kind of over. Just let it be over," she says, referring to Strong's legal threats. "I'm very happy that Lilly is fine and that she's going to be a normal dog. And get to have a normal life and not be in a cage. I don't personally have anything against him, Mr. Strong, I don't know him. This was really always about Lilly."

Prior to the surgery, the puppy couldn't sit, walk or lay properly because of the extra leg (which had six toes and protruded from her stomach). "She'd struggle to run up a hill or walk up a hill because she had to tug that thing behind her," says Siegel.

When she returns home, the dog will be running around like any other puppy — though she'll have to wear a cone to prevent her from biting her stitches. "She's got a lot of energy,” Siegel says of the Lilly's personality. "She plays hard and sleeps hard."

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/strange/offbeat_ap_chicago_tv_judge_to_hear_5legged_puppy_case_200908121256_2757476
TV judge to hear
5-legged puppy case
TV show will air September 21

Updated: Wednesday, 12 Aug 2009, 11:58 AM CDT
Published : Wednesday, 12 Aug 2009, 11:57 AM CDT

CHICAGO (AP) - The case of a puppy that used to have five legs and was saved from a Coney Island animal show is going before a court TV judge in Chicago.

Plaintiff John Strong operates a New York animal show that features disfigured animals. He's suing the dog's original owner, Calvin Owensby, for $4,000.

Strong says Owensby reneged on an agreement to sell him the animal for $3,000. Owensby says they didn't sign a contract.

Owensby sold the Chihuahua-terrier mix to a North Carolina woman who wanted to keep the pooch out of the animal show. She's had the dog's fifth leg removed.

Former New York district attorney Jeanine Pirro's show is being taped Wednesday. It will air on Sept. 21.

Strong says if he wins the case, he plans to fight in court to reclaim the dog.

I agree and that was a kind way of putting it!!  What a jerk!!   
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #229 on: August 12, 2009, 03:40:43 PM »

And she already had the leg removed and he still wants it........hmmmm.....why???

Somebody needs to have a long "talk"  with this sicko and his treatment of animals!! 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #230 on: August 12, 2009, 03:50:09 PM »

And she already had the leg removed and he still wants it........hmmmm.....why???

Somebody needs to have a long "talk"  with this sicko and his treatment of animals!! 

Well, this guy makes his money displaying disfigured animals.  He wants to make more money by suing the guy he says promised to sell him the pup.  He then wants to take the pup away from the lady that outbid him, even though the pup's already had the surgery.   The pup doesn't have value to him, because he can't display it as disfigured.  He's either just plain mean as a snake (speaking of snakes!) or I think he's trying to get more money.  He thinks the lady or the public will pony up a few thousand more.  Greedy, greedy, greedy.  JMHO 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #231 on: August 12, 2009, 03:50:31 PM »

Sorry Muffy about your little parakeet  an angelic monkey ANJ glad the little one got her meds and is doing fine  an angelic monkey
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #232 on: August 12, 2009, 03:53:47 PM »

I go to pieces and can't read or listen to anykind of animal abuse, I can't even watch a tv show or movie if an animal gets hurt or dies, been like that since a kid. I use to love Lassie as a kid, but any indication that Lassie was going to get hurt I would run out of the room, Lassie Come Home, really got to me also.
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #233 on: August 12, 2009, 03:56:13 PM »

Well, this guy makes his money displaying disfigured animals.  He wants to make more money by suing the guy he says promised to sell him the pup.  He then wants to take the pup away from the lady that outbid him, even though the pup's already had the surgery.   The pup doesn't have value to him, because he can't display it as disfigured.  He's either just plain mean as a snake (speaking of snakes!) or I think he's trying to get more money.  He thinks the lady or the public will pony up a few thousand more.  Greedy, greedy, greedy.  JMHO 

YES!!  Geedy and cruel!!  I really dislike this man - if you can call him that!   
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #234 on: August 12, 2009, 04:04:53 PM »

I go to pieces and can't read or listen to anykind of animal abuse, I can't even watch a tv show or movie if an animal gets hurt or dies, been like that since a kid. I use to love Lassie as a kid, but any indication that Lassie was going to get hurt I would run out of the room, Lassie Come Home, really got to me also.

Me too, NoRose.  When friends try to talk to me about it, I politely tell them to stop.  I just can't bear the thought. 
I can't watch the ASPCA commercials either. 
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #235 on: August 12, 2009, 04:06:46 PM »

Me too, NoRose.  When friends try to talk to me about it, I politely tell them to stop.  I just can't bear the thought. 

Me either.  It just makes me so sick!!  I won't watch that commercial either, sometimes I just mute the channel. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #236 on: August 12, 2009, 04:13:43 PM »

I start to cry when I even hear the music on the ASPCA commercials. I send them money, but don't read what they send me.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #237 on: August 12, 2009, 04:14:40 PM »

Hey MyTime. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #238 on: August 12, 2009, 04:18:57 PM »

Hi Trimm!!  I was so upset the other day - then I read your post about your neighbors grandson.  So sad, so tragic.  It really help me put my feelings in perspective.  Thank you for sharing.   an angelic monkey
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #239 on: August 12, 2009, 04:21:28 PM »

Hi Trimm!!  I was so upset the other day - then I read your post about your neighbors grandson.  So sad, so tragic.  It really help me put my feelings in perspective.  Thank you for sharing.   an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.