March 18, 2024, 10:10:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #49 8/11/09 - 8/23/09  (Read 438817 times)
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #260 on: August 12, 2009, 06:55:51 PM »

This is great!  We finally have some rain

Just got back from an appointment   

Where did you go?  How long where you there?  Why?   Did I get anything?  Who went with you?  Are you going back?  Can I get something then?

Don't you just miss having kids??   an angelic monkey
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #261 on: August 12, 2009, 07:08:52 PM »

My Dearest Bearly - I read your post in JSM's banning thread and I just want to say -

Now I am off  to see my loving man!!   
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #262 on: August 12, 2009, 07:13:16 PM »

Sunny - you're story about setting your deck on fire to kill a little snake was so funny.     

I think I might have done the same thing, though.        I'm terrified of snakes.   

Sassy I guess it does sound funny when you are reading about it! But my DH didn't think it was so funny when I called him to tell him I'd set one of the decks on fire!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #263 on: August 12, 2009, 07:16:52 PM »

This is great!  We finally have some rain

Just got back from an appointment   

Where you been huh? huh? Did ya bring me sumptin? Did ya? Huh?

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #264 on: August 12, 2009, 07:17:49 PM »

I go to pieces and can't read or listen to anykind of animal abuse, I can't even watch a tv show or movie if an animal gets hurt or dies, been like that since a kid. I use to love Lassie as a kid, but any indication that Lassie was going to get hurt I would run out of the room, Lassie Come Home, really got to me also.

me too nrcg.....I wouldn't go see Marley and ME ....everyone laughed at me but I didn't want to see the ending!!
No way would I see that movie.

I was clueless to this movie...thought it was a kid-friendly one since all the kids seemed to like it.  I was at a friends house and they put it on...throughout the whole movie everyone kept saying how Marley reminded them of Leroy when he was a pup.  I was still clueless till the end...then I got up and went home bawling my eyes out!  Some of my friends apparently aren't animal lovers.  It was horrible    

I read the book and cried my heart out...no way would I see it either!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #265 on: August 12, 2009, 07:20:04 PM »

Hi Sunny!
You are so funny!
Gotta runny!

ttyl!

what I do?  Why's everybody always pickin on me!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #266 on: August 12, 2009, 07:47:55 PM »

Mere - Yes, I am North Georgetown by about 90 - how odd we both had neighbors cutting down the trees!  That would have something if you lived right around the corner! LOL 
   The Lorax would not be happy about this!   

MT- Kiss to TTT given!  She will eat treats but not her food.  If she doesn't eat later you guys think I could make her an egg? 

Sunny - did get small nap in - phone kept ringing.  I have put a lasagna (stoffers box!) in the oven, just for you! So I will eat something!  Are you proud?
Re: The deck - well your dh didn't say anything, but whose idea was it to sell the house?  So, I take it the fire was contained to the deck and didn't get the main house?  Did you guys rebuild the deck?
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #267 on: August 12, 2009, 07:49:53 PM »

ANJ - I'm glad your little furbaby is doing better!   

Muffy -  Sorry about your parakeet.   It always hurts to lose a family pet.    an angelic monkey

I hope I don't dream about snakes tonight.          

Thanks - now if she would just start eating again. 

NN - thank you!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #268 on: August 12, 2009, 08:01:08 PM »

Hi ANJ.  I've been watching this thread to see if there were any new updates for little Crystol.  When my doggies are sick I usually make them chicken with rice.  This is usually easy on their tummies. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #269 on: August 12, 2009, 08:10:49 PM »

Mere - Yes, I am North Georgetown by about 90 - how odd we both had neighbors cutting down the trees!  That would have something if you lived right around the corner! LOL 

MT- Kiss to TTT given!  She will eat treats but not her food.  If she doesn't eat later you guys think I could make her an egg? 

Sunny - did get small nap in - phone kept ringing.  I have put a lasagna (stoffers box!) in the oven, just for you! So I will eat something!  Are you proud?
Re: The deck - well your dh didn't say anything, but whose idea was it to sell the house?  So, I take it the fire was contained to the deck and didn't get the main house?  Did you guys rebuild the deck?

I think an egg would be fine.  I am glad you got at least a small nap!! And you are eating!  Deenie and I will not have to do some whop up on you as long as you take care of yourself!! Yes the fire was just the deck...on a concrete pad on the far side of the pool. DH decided to sell the house. He said there was no need to be there and me be in fear all the time. We were fortunate to get an offer right away and even though we took a loss on the house it was worth the peace of mind. And we bought a wonderful house that we enjoyed for 15 years.

Rest in Peace Caylee

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #270 on: August 12, 2009, 08:12:23 PM »

Hi ANJ.  I've been watching this thread to see if there were any new updates for little Crystol.  When my doggies are sick I usually make them chicken with rice.  This is usually easy on their tummies. 

Do you just boil both?  ANJM is the drive-thru diva!  My son just called and he is going to come over and go to the grocery for me so I don't have to leave her.
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #271 on: August 12, 2009, 08:14:29 PM »

I think an egg would be fine.  I am glad you got at least a small nap!! And you are eating!  Deenie and I will not have to do some whop up on you as long as you take care of yourself!! Yes the fire was just the deck...on a concrete pad on the far side of the pool. DH decided to sell the house. He said there was no need to be there and me be in fear all the time. We were fortunate to get an offer right away and even though we took a loss on the house it was worth the peace of mind. And we bought a wonderful house that we enjoyed for 15 years.

What a great hubby - instead of telling you you were silly he cared that you were in fear.  That one is a keeper - so watch out for MT when she offers a trade! LOL
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #272 on: August 12, 2009, 08:31:22 PM »

ANJ ~  Here is a recipe like I would use:  http://www.ehow.com/how_2140977_bland-dog-food-sick-dogs.html

This is easy if you can get son to pick up a can of cooked chicken, like Sweet Sue or one of those, and some plain white rice.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #273 on: August 12, 2009, 08:33:45 PM »

ANJM - be careful what you feed my TTT.  I don't want her to get diarrhea.  My now retired vet used to recommend raw beef with rice.  He was old school and very good.   Maybe you should put a little chicken broth on her food so she will eat it.  Hand feed her too!  LOL
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #274 on: August 12, 2009, 08:35:45 PM »

Do you just boil both?  ANJM is the drive-thru diva!  My son just called and he is going to come over and go to the grocery for me so I don't have to leave her.

Drive- thru diva??  No more!!   Ask your vet if she should be on k/d wet food.  Very gentle on her stomache and has all nutrients she will need. 
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #275 on: August 12, 2009, 08:35:52 PM »

ANJ ~  Here is a recipe like I would use:  http://www.ehow.com/how_2140977_bland-dog-food-sick-dogs.html

This is easy if you can get son to pick up a can of cooked chicken, like Sweet Sue or one of those, and some plain white rice.

MUFFY - your the best!  THank you.  Making the list right now!
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #276 on: August 12, 2009, 08:38:35 PM »

ANJM - be careful what you feed my TTT.  I don't want her to get diarrhea.  My now retired vet used to recommend raw beef with rice.  He was old school and very good.   Maybe you should put a little chicken broth on her food so she will eat it.  Hand feed her too!  LOL

OHHHHH that is good idea too - the chicken broth.  Mama couldn't give her raw beef!  EWWWY   

And only mama is drive thru diva - Crystol doesn't get that crap!  I take her own tiny treats in the car and when they give me the change, she thinks they gave her the treat!  I won't even let her have their treats! 
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #277 on: August 12, 2009, 08:42:56 PM »

Muffy - I can do that recipe!!!!!!  I wrote Sweet Sue on the list and white rice!  Also adding chicken broth - anyone know one that is low in sodium? 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #278 on: August 12, 2009, 08:44:37 PM »

I've had more than one vet tell me to use the chicken-rice diet for a dog with diarrhea, so I don't think it should cause it.  But if you're worried, I would check. 

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #279 on: August 12, 2009, 08:47:11 PM »

I did ask him about this cause you or someone mentioned it the other day.  He said she doesn't need it as it is really gallbladder not the liver.  The initial results showed liver failure.  He said today her regular food will be best as a big change now could be bad.  He said add water or gravy.    Water didn't work. 

Drive- thru diva??  No more!!   Ask your vet if she should be on k/d wet food.  Very gentle on her stomache and has all nutrients she will need. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.