March 19, 2024, 04:00:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #49 8/11/09 - 8/23/09  (Read 438893 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #280 on: August 12, 2009, 08:47:48 PM »

Muffy - I can do that recipe!!!!!!  I wrote Sweet Sue on the list and white rice!  Also adding chicken broth - anyone know one that is low in sodium? 

You make the broth, ANJ.  I wouldn't use canned.    (See recipe in link)   Any are going to be pretty salty even low sodium.  Just had a thought.  You could buy a small roll of ground turkey and feed her a bit of that. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #281 on: August 12, 2009, 08:52:51 PM »

I've had more than one vet tell me to use the chicken-rice diet for a dog with diarrhea, so I don't think it should cause it.  But if you're worried, I would check. 

I was asleep when he called and I asked him do I need to come get KD or a can food?  He said add water to her dry food.  I think he said something about chicken and rice - but I didn't know it meant I cook! LOL  So this is perfect. 
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #282 on: August 12, 2009, 09:00:00 PM »

I've had more than one vet tell me to use the chicken-rice diet for a dog with diarrhea, so I don't think it should cause it.  But if you're worried, I would check. 

I was asleep when he called and I asked him do I need to come get KD or a can food?  He said add water to her dry food.  I think he said something about chicken and rice - but I didn't know it meant I cook! LOL  So this is perfect. 

Meaning I didn't have my awake ears on yet and am really wiped out!  It shows. 

Dear Son is here and baby is so happy to see her boy!!!!!!!!!!
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #283 on: August 12, 2009, 09:00:15 PM »

oopps - KD is for kidney problems.  You need to ask your vet.  Chicken is high in protien and can cause kidney problems.  I would double check - just in case.  But then again I am neurotic so....... 
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #284 on: August 12, 2009, 09:04:07 PM »

Add a low sodium gravy - it will say it right on the can.  Just add a little though! 
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #285 on: August 12, 2009, 09:07:54 PM »

Hi Miss Colley!!   
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #286 on: August 12, 2009, 09:13:43 PM »

Hi ANJ.  I've been watching this thread to see if there were any new updates for little Crystol.  When my doggies are sick I usually make them chicken with rice.  This is usually easy on their tummies. 

Do you just boil both?  ANJM is the drive-thru diva!  My son just called and he is going to come over and go to the grocery for me so I don't have to leave her.

LOL....you are too funny. I too make rice and chicken for mine...I use brown rice and I poach the chicken in chicken stock then mix together. Muffy may have a quicker recipe. I also cook them brown rice and ground sirloin...yes they are spoiled!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #287 on: August 12, 2009, 09:15:28 PM »

Mere - Yes, I am North Georgetown by about 90 - how odd we both had neighbors cutting down the trees!  That would have something if you lived right around the corner! LOL 
   The Lorax would not be happy about this!   

MT- Kiss to TTT given!  She will eat treats but not her food.  If she doesn't eat later you guys think I could make her an egg? 

Sunny - did get small nap in - phone kept ringing.  I have put a lasagna (stoffers box!) in the oven, just for you! So I will eat something!  Are you proud?
Re: The deck - well your dh didn't say anything, but whose idea was it to sell the house?  So, I take it the fire was contained to the deck and didn't get the main house?  Did you guys rebuild the deck?

I think an egg would be fine.  I am glad you got at least a small nap!! And you are eating!  Deenie and I will not have to do some whop up on you as long as you take care of yourself!! Yes the fire was just the deck...on a concrete pad on the far side of the pool. DH decided to sell the house. He said there was no need to be there and me be in fear all the time. We were fortunate to get an offer right away and even though we took a loss on the house it was worth the peace of mind. And we bought a wonderful house that we enjoyed for 15 years.

What a great hubby - instead of telling you you were silly he cared that you were in fear.  That one is a keeper - so watch out for MT when she offers a trade! LOL

Yep,  he is a keeper....he is the ying to my yang!! 

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #288 on: August 12, 2009, 09:16:30 PM »

Muffy - are you for hire?  We need you!!   
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #289 on: August 12, 2009, 09:17:59 PM »

Mere - Yes, I am North Georgetown by about 90 - how odd we both had neighbors cutting down the trees!  That would have something if you lived right around the corner! LOL 

MT- Kiss to TTT given!  She will eat treats but not her food.  If she doesn't eat later you guys think I could make her an egg? 

Sunny - did get small nap in - phone kept ringing.  I have put a lasagna (stoffers box!) in the oven, just for you! So I will eat something!  Are you proud?
Re: The deck - well your dh didn't say anything, but whose idea was it to sell the house?  So, I take it the fire was contained to the deck and didn't get the main house?  Did you guys rebuild the deck?

I think an egg would be fine.  I am glad you got at least a small nap!! And you are eating!  Deenie and I will not have to do some whop up on you as long as you take care of yourself!! Yes the fire was just the deck...on a concrete pad on the far side of the pool. DH decided to sell the house. He said there was no need to be there and me be in fear all the time. We were fortunate to get an offer right away and even though we took a loss on the house it was worth the peace of mind. And we bought a wonderful house that we enjoyed for 15 years.

What a great hubby - instead of telling you you were silly he cared that you were in fear.  That one is a keeper - so watch out for MT when she offers a trade! LOL

PT would have set the deck on fire too and then roasted marshmellows.   Monkey Devil!

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #290 on: August 12, 2009, 09:18:59 PM »

Hi ANJ.  I've been watching this thread to see if there were any new updates for little Crystol.  When my doggies are sick I usually make them chicken with rice.  This is usually easy on their tummies. 

Do you just boil both?  ANJM is the drive-thru diva!  My son just called and he is going to come over and go to the grocery for me so I don't have to leave her.

I did ask him about this cause you or someone mentioned it the other day.  He said she doesn't need it as it is really gallbladder not the liver.  The initial results showed liver failure.  He said today her regular food will be best as a big change now could be bad.  He said add water or gravy.    Water didn't work. 

Drive- thru diva??  No more!!   Ask your vet if she should be on k/d wet food.  Very gentle on her stomache and has all nutrients she will need. 

I would use a low sodium broth and let it get soggy

Rest in Peace Caylee

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #291 on: August 12, 2009, 09:21:17 PM »

LOL....you are too funny. I too make rice and chicken for mine...I use brown rice and I poach the chicken in chicken stock then mix together. Muffy may have a quicker recipe. I also cook them brown rice and ground sirloin...yes they are spoiled!!

I found this recipe for ANJ on the web, because it seemed quick:  http://www.ehow.com/how_2140977_bland-dog-food-sick-dogs.html and I think it would work.  I would have her use the white rice so it would be bland and maybe easier for Cristol to digest.

When I had just weaned our two Saluki pups, they were raised on chicken and rice for a while.  None of my dogs eat dog food...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #292 on: August 12, 2009, 09:22:07 PM »

What's up? 

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #293 on: August 12, 2009, 09:23:04 PM »

PT would have set the deck on fire too and then roasted marshmellows.   Monkey Devil!

hahahah...by the time husband got home there wasn't enough of the deck or fire left to roast marshmellows!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #294 on: August 12, 2009, 09:25:20 PM »

OMG - Crystol was so happy to see her boy - she ate about half her food for him.  I put everything on the list you guys mentioned and I will call vet in am and ask to be 100% sure before I give her the chicken -- in case as MT said, it is too much protein.  But since he didn't say anything - my guess is it would be fine.   
I am hoping when he gets back she will eat some more.  She is sad he left!   What am I chopped liver?????????    LOL
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #295 on: August 12, 2009, 09:27:48 PM »

I found this recipe for ANJ on the web, because it seemed quick:  http://www.ehow.com/how_2140977_bland-dog-food-sick-dogs.html and I think it would work.  I would have her use the white rice so it would be bland and maybe easier for Cristol to digest.

When I had just weaned our two Saluki pups, they were raised on chicken and rice for a while.  None of my dogs eat dog food...

I had white rice on the list.  Anything else - he is gone, but has a cell phone!   

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #296 on: August 12, 2009, 09:28:51 PM »

Glad you found this easier one...the brown rice takes 45 minutes to cook!! And you are right the white rice is probably easier to digest. I did wonder about the salt content in the canned chicken though, Guess if you rinse it real well it would be ok.  Mine eat BLUE Wilderness and I mixed it with either the brown rice and organic chicken or the brown rice and sirloin.  You do BARF right?

Rest in Peace Caylee

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #297 on: August 12, 2009, 09:30:15 PM »

What's up? 

I need cooking healthy lessons!!  I want to stay young and trim!!  Opps - too late!!   Monkey Devil!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #298 on: August 12, 2009, 09:31:11 PM »

OMG - Crystol was so happy to see her boy - she ate about half her food for him.  I put everything on the list you guys mentioned and I will call vet in am and ask to be 100% sure before I give her the chicken -- in case as MT said, it is too much protein.  But since he didn't say anything - my guess is it would be fine.   
I am hoping when he gets back she will eat some more.  She is sad he left!   What am I chopped liver?????????    LOL

that is good new Miss Chopped!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #299 on: August 12, 2009, 09:31:42 PM »

I had white rice on the list.  Anything else - he is gone, but has a cell phone!   

remember broth like water will make her have to go potty!   an angelic monkey
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.