March 28, 2024, 12:49:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #49 8/11/09 - 8/23/09  (Read 439432 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1180 on: August 17, 2009, 07:09:49 PM »

I am turning 45 next month so I was thinking it was an age thing too.   

aaahhh what I would give to be 45 again!!  Did you really say an AGE thing....come here!!   Now are you felling any better!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1181 on: August 17, 2009, 07:09:50 PM »

I hate waiting in the room they put me in more.  At least in the waiting room, I know I need to wait. 

Take your laptop, take a book, take a Nintendo DS & play Super Mario Bros.   I've 128 stars so far.     

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1182 on: August 17, 2009, 07:10:42 PM »

My husbands stepsister had TWIN BOYS at age 48 so don't give me that I'm so old (45) stuff.

Maybe I am just pregnant.   Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Seriously, PT's cousin got pregnant at 44 yrs old too and was completely shocked.   I hope that doesn't happen to me. 
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1183 on: August 17, 2009, 07:11:45 PM »

Evening Monkeys!

Glad to see you back Mt.  Sorry you aren't feeling well.  My thoughts are you should go to Dr. and make sure it isn't the flu.  Cause if it is you should take Tamaflu within I think 48 hours.   

Now who has the masks?  I think I need one.  My throat is feeling a little tad sore right now.   

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1184 on: August 17, 2009, 07:12:05 PM »

Glad you asked that, Klaas, I have no idea what it is either   

Basically, it is mono and they do a blood test for it for Epstein Barr.   But there is nothing they can do if you are diagnosed with it.

Well Mono is Mono and EBV is not the same thing.  I had Mono when I was 12 

I had mono when I was 15 and then a few years back they did another Epstein Barr Virus blood test and it was positive.  They called said it was mono again. 

From the EBV site -"Epstein-Barr virus causes a number of diseases, including infectious mononucleosis."

Anybody want a kiss?   
Smooch
I wonder too about it being contagious. Because My Daughter got Mono when she was 8 yrs old.  She has always since she was a baby had chronic ear infections and sore throats. When she was in latch key/summer school she became violently ill. I took her to the ER at 6 am to the closest med center I could find. The Doc patronized me and said MOM she has STREP and he gave me a script for Amoxicillian. He said its very contagious and I have seen droves of kids with it. So after giving it to her for One day - which didn't work. I never slept that night, she woke up at 7 am and her neck was a big as a football - she had no neck and she had a fever of 104. I rushed her to her Ped office. They said they could not do a MONO test due to she had antibiotics in her system. It would produce a false pos/neg and would not give a true answer. Then a Nurse who was Vintage ( God Bless Her) came in and looked at my Daughter .. She walked in, walked out with the Doc. Doc came back in and said Take her to this Doc who is a ENT. Which was 4 miles away. I took her into the ENT office and there was over 10 people in the waiting room. My Daughter was a MESS. The Doc came into the reception area behind the glass and saw my baby ... he walked right out and said Come with me.  She was then admitted into the Hospital within an hour. Her spleen had fallen into her pelvic cavity and she had jaundice. He/Doc set it all up - He said Mom just Drive - Say your Name and your Daughter has a Room ready.  Talk about Me being Pissed off at the first Doc. Because he did not even test her and he acted like it was a joke. ( thats what happens when you have (Shixxxty health insurance) ... My Daughter was in the hospital for 5 days - 3 of them she never opened her eyes. 8 years old diagnosed with Mono.
How I don't know ?
She had no symptoms at all until the One Day - she was fine and then BOOM.
How does an 8 year old have not only Mono but Full Blown Mono to the point of being put in the Hospital.
She is going to be 19 now and she still has issues with sore throats and being tired. She is anemic too .. just like Mom.  She though has her tonsils. Mine were yanked when I was 5 because that was the " thing to do" in my years.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1185 on: August 17, 2009, 07:13:16 PM »

aaahhh what I would give to be 45 again!!  Did you really say an AGE thing....come here!!   Now are you felling any better!!

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!  I am not saying I am old, I am just thinking "hormonoly." - is that a word??   
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1186 on: August 17, 2009, 07:13:27 PM »

ANJ - for photos you have to become a member of a photo site. Such as Photobucket. Its free to join.

www.photobucket.com 
Its easy to use. After you register, you upload your photos from your pc. You have a choice of making your photo's local ( everyone can see) or private ( for your eyes only).
Once you have loaded your pic you will see under your photo all the links that are connected to your photo. For SM you use the link that is IMG.  You simply copy the IMG Link and Paste it into your SM post. You can have fun on Photobucket too - you can edit your photo's, make a color into a black and white, add glitter stars, fade it out, recolor, add a frame ..its all free.
Hope that helps  an angelic monkey

Sunny - This is for you, I think from Deenie.  Good directions there and what I use. 

So I am forwarding it to you like an email! LOL 

Oh, and Hi everyone still reading back!
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1187 on: August 17, 2009, 07:14:52 PM »

Evening Monkeys!

Glad to see you back Mt.  Sorry you aren't feeling well.  My thoughts are you should go to Dr. and make sure it isn't the flu.  Cause if it is you should take Tamaflu within I think 48 hours.   

Now who has the masks?  I think I need one.  My throat is feeling a little tad sore right now.   

Please don't read back and see a site Deenie posted.   

We will never get you back here.   
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1188 on: August 17, 2009, 07:15:21 PM »

Hi Monkey Friends!

Long story short, I have been so sick again!  I am going to the doctor's tomorrow at 2:30!

I have been in bed since Saturday - I can't stay awake more than an hour.  My head feels real heavy, my body aches all over, slight fever!! 

It feels like mono again - I pray it is not.   an angelic monkey

I wasn't feeling great last week and self diagnosed and took some antibiotics I had left over.  Probably shouldn't have done that.   

Hope every one is doing great.    

Glad you checked in.  Let us know what doctor says.  BUT.................... beware, when you feel better this gets CBB totally off the hook for old M & M's -- old antibiotics are worse!!!!!!!!!    Get well enough to be razzed for some time to come!   
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1189 on: August 17, 2009, 07:16:17 PM »

I hate waiting in the room they put me in more.  At least in the waiting room, I know I need to wait. 

Take your laptop, take a book, take a Nintendo DS & play Super Mario Bros.   I've 128 stars so far.     

I have a new magazine!  If I am not seen by the time I am done.......I will be so  .
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1190 on: August 17, 2009, 07:16:42 PM »

My husbands stepsister had TWIN BOYS at age 48 so don't give me that I'm so old (45) stuff.

Maybe I am just pregnant.   Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Seriously, PT's cousin got pregnant at 44 yrs old too and was completely shocked.   I hope that doesn't happen to me. 
No no no no no no .......
no no no no no ..... You have Tuition coming as your next baby ... Just Like me.   

rah ra aaa r r r r ...errr  ah .. O Snap

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1191 on: August 17, 2009, 07:23:21 PM »

When I was in college, I was constantly sick.  I was hopitalized three times for a "viral" infection.  I was extremely dehydrated from throwing up.

Long story short, I really had bad tonsilitis and had to have them removed.  At the same time, I got an impacted wisdom tooth. 

So they took them all out at once.  4 wisdom teeth and my badly infected tonsils. 

OUCH!!! 

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1192 on: August 17, 2009, 07:25:05 PM »

Hi Monkey Friends!

Long story short, I have been so sick again!  I am going to the doctor's tomorrow at 2:30!

I have been in bed since Saturday - I can't stay awake more than an hour.  My head feels real heavy, my body aches all over, slight fever!! 

I wasn't feeling great last week and self diagnosed and took some antibiotics I had left over.  Probably shouldn't have done that.   

Glad you checked in.  Let us know what doctor says.  BUT.................... beware, when you feel better this gets CBB totally off the hook for old M & M's -- old antibiotics are worse!!!!!!!!!    Get well enough to be razzed for some time to come!   

but but but they weren't 10 yrs old.  They just expired in June - so they are still good. 
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1193 on: August 17, 2009, 07:29:00 PM »

Ooh ooh I wanna tell my sick stories.     This topic is right up my alley.    

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1194 on: August 17, 2009, 07:30:23 PM »

Ooh ooh I wanna tell my sick stories.     This topic is right up my alley.    

But we already on page 60!   Monkey Devil!
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1195 on: August 17, 2009, 07:30:36 PM »

Hi Monkey Friends!

but but but they weren't 10 yrs old.  They just expired in June - so they are still good. 

Well you did have your wisdom teeth removed.   We can't hold it against you. 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1196 on: August 17, 2009, 07:31:40 PM »

ANJ - for photos you have to become a member of a photo site. Such as Photobucket. Its free to join.

www.photobucket.com 
Its easy to use. After you register, you upload your photos from your pc. You have a choice of making your photo's local ( everyone can see) or private ( for your eyes only).
Once you have loaded your pic you will see under your photo all the links that are connected to your photo. For SM you use the link that is IMG.  You simply copy the IMG Link and Paste it into your SM post. You can have fun on Photobucket too - you can edit your photo's, make a color into a black and white, add glitter stars, fade it out, recolor, add a frame ..its all free.
Hope that helps  an angelic monkey

Sunny - This is for you, I think from Deenie.  Good directions there and what I use. 

So I am forwarding it to you like an email! LOL 

Oh, and Hi everyone still reading back!

ANJ..thank you and Deenie...I will give it a try!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1197 on: August 17, 2009, 07:33:49 PM »

Hi Monkey Friends!

Lets see if I follow this rationalization................ the antibiotics were only slightly expired - not 10 years like M & M's.  So, where does slightly expired anything = 100% safe?  (Excluding ex husbands!)
So on to the second point - what University did MT get her medical degree from?  How do you know that antibiotic would even kill what you had?  Crap shoot? 
So, taking our little illustration back to food terms - if you use salt instead of sugar - cause they are both grainy white substances used in baking does that make sense?  Well neither does taking a random antibiotic....... (that if you took any you would not have enough to treat - and you should NEVER have leftovers).......now, does that make any sense?   Of course not!  But it will be a good story in the months to come! LOL
Hopping down off my PDR    and  giving you a monkey hug to feel better real soon!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1198 on: August 17, 2009, 07:33:54 PM »

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!  I am not saying I am old, I am just thinking "hormonoly." - is that a word??   

you can't wiggle outta that one so easy!!  you didn't say hormonal you said AGE THING!!   I think you meant hormonally...hey sweet pea you were close!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1199 on: August 17, 2009, 07:35:09 PM »

Hi Monkey Friends!

Well you did have your wisdom teeth removed.   We can't hold it against you. 

GOOD ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.