April 30, 2024, 05:09:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Samantha Renee Smith 22, Missing 11/05/06 Clinton, SC - Remains found  (Read 6942 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: July 29, 2009, 09:09:56 AM »

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: November 5, 2006 from Clinton, South Carolina
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date of Birth: July 13, 1984
Height and Weight: 5'3 - 5'4, 110 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Red hair, green eyes. Smith's hair is naturally blonde, but it was dyed red at the time of her disappearance.
Medical Conditions: Smith has a history of depression and may be suicidal. She has attempted suicide multiple times in the past. In addition, Smith suffers from asthma. She was taking medication for both her conditions at the time of her disappearance and may be in need of medical attention.

Details of Disappearance
Smith was last seen in Clinton, South Carolina on November 5, 2006. At the time, she was living with her boyfriend in a house in the 100 block of Leila Street. Her boyfriend stated they got into an argument about religion and Smith walked into a wooded area behind her home and never returned. Smith has never been heard from again. She left all her personal belongings behind, except her purse. There is no evidence of foul play in Smith's case, and her boyfriend has been ruled out as a suspect in her disappearance, but it is unclear what happened to her. Smith is described as an intelligent young woman. She enjoyed photography, hiking and horseback riding at the time of her disappearance. She was a student at Piedmont Tech and made good grades; she wanted to transfer to Lander University and become an art teacher. She has dropped out of sight before, but never for this long, and her family believes she may have come to harm. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Clinton Department of Public Safety
864-833-7512
http://www.charleyproject.org

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 09:12:40 AM »

November 5, 2006 was the last time Samantha was reported being seen.
Seventeen days later, a friend of hers called Samantha's sister Jennifer. She told Jennifer that she needed to check on Samantha. This according to her Mother. Jennifer made a police report and that seems to be where we are now.

Samantha's boyfriend, 47 year old Walt Shockley, was the last to see her. EVERY article, including video from WYFF said she left with out taking anything. I noticed in the Index-Journal of Greenwood,SC , Ken Maple reporting that Walt Shockley said she grabbed her purse and left. Chief Thomas in a recent interview said he did not know why it was reported she took nothing, that she did take her purse.

Last week I was contacted by someone from another site asking if the resemblances of Jane Doe in Chicago and Samantha had been reported.
I passed it along and have seen on the Web Sleuths site that they had reported it also. How or why Samantha would be in Chicago is a mystery in itself, but possible.

Just the same, I would like for Samantha to be added to any missing adult sites. Hopefully I am doing this right, new to the sight, but many familiar names. Thanks so much!
Billie

Samantha was 22 years old-----5'4--110lbs--long dyed red hair--hazel eyes
Straight A student at Piedmont Tech and wanted to be an Art Teacher.
Thanks again --- nanabillie @
http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1085

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 09:19:55 AM »

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 09:27:57 AM »

Police Seek Clues In Missing Woman Cold Case

POSTED: 5:08 pm EST December 2, 2008
CLINTON, S.C. -- Clinton police are reminding the public about the case of a woman who disappeared two years ago in hopes that new clues might surface.

The family of Samantha Renee Smith joined police for a news conference Tuesday in hopes of generating new leads.

On Nov. 5, 2006, Smith, who was 22 at the time, left the home she shared with her boyfriend in Clinton. She was on foot, and didn't have her purse, identification or any money with her.

She has not been seen or heard from since.

Samantha is 5 feet 4 inches long, weighs about 110 pounds and has hazel eyes. At the time of her disappearance, she had long, dyed red hair.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Clinton police

http://www.wyff4.com/news/18189730/detail.html#-

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 09:29:15 AM »

Investigators: Missing Woman May Be Alive

Published: December 2, 2008

Samantha Smith was last seen at her home in Clinton in Nov. 2006.

Her family says she had a fight with her boyfriend and took off, but investigators were alarmed because Smith left without her identification, money or her car.

Unfortunately, investigators in the case have nothing new to add. They held a press conference Tuesday morning and pleaded with the community for new information in the case.

They believe there’s a small chance Smith could still be alive.

Police have ruled out Smith’s boyfriend as a suspect.

If you have information in the case, call Clinton Public Safety at 864-833-7512.
http://www.wspa.com/spa/news/local/article/news_conference_planned_tuesday_in_missing_woman_case/11822/

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 10:09:02 AM »

Family Still Searching For Missing Woman 4 Years Later
Samantha Smith Disappeared In Nov. 2006
Jennifer Phillips reporting

UPDATED: 9:23 am EDT November 5, 2010

CLINTON, S.C. -- It's still hard for Rebia Kinard to look through her daughter's things. Her daughter, Samantha Smith, disappeared four years ago.

"I feel a little piece of me dying for the fact I can't touch her, or hear her voice," Kinard said.

Kinard remembers the last time she saw her.

"When I hugged her, she shivered and shook so bad," Kinard said.

Detectives with the Clinton Public Safety Department said that on Nov. 5, 2006, Samantha and her boyfriend had an argument at a home they shared in Clinton. Her boyfriend told police she walked away and investigators say no one has seen her since.

Recently, Kinard said she found a bizarre letter stashed in Samantha's book bag and received what could be new information, which she turned over to police.

"She was trying to tell somebody something," Kinard said. "Honestly, after finding what I've found, I think she's dead. I think somebody's done something to her."

Caroline Scott, a family friend, said she received information about the case, too.

"I'm hoping this is going to turn around and somebody is going to come forth," Scott said.

Although they won't discuss in detail what the new information is, they said someone knows something.

"They're living with it every day and they've got to sleep every night," Scott said.

Samantha was studying to be an art teacher and looking at her work helps Kinard get through the day as she waits for answers.

"I need peace," Kinard said. "I need some closure, give me some kind of hope. I miss her. I miss her very much."

Anyone with information about the case is urged to call Laurens County Crime Stoppers at 68-CRIME.
http://www.foxcarolina.com/news/25640443/detail.html

iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 09:32:42 PM »

Samantha's remains were found in March.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 05:51:03 AM »

Thanks iluvmua

Remains found near shooting range are of missing woman

Samantha Smith reported missing in 2006

UPDATED 6:54 AM EDT Mar 27, 2014

LAURENS COUNTY, S.C. —The Laurens County Sheriff's Office said the remains found Tuesday near a shooting range are those of woman missing since 2006.

The remains were identified as 22-year-old Samantha Renee Smith.

A crew cutting brush Tuesday afternoon near a shooting range found the remains, according to Clinton Public Safety Chief Robin Morse.

The remains were found on the property of the Clinton Public Safety Shooting Range, Laurens County Public Information Officer Lt. Judy Stiles said.  The property is owned by the city of Clinton, but it is located in Laurens County.

Stiles said it appears Smith’s body was there since she went missing in 2006.  She said at this point, it doesn’t appear any foul play was involved, but the investigation is continuing.

Read more: http://www.wyff4.com/news/skeletal-remains-found-near-shooting-range/25162286#ixzz3Nf4tQDQj

RIP

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.