May 01, 2024, 02:34:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony # 144 8/18/09 - 8/24/09  (Read 379098 times)
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #940 on: August 21, 2009, 12:24:22 PM »

Thanks for the close up cece.....

You're welcome Sunny.   an angelic monkey

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #941 on: August 21, 2009, 12:24:56 PM »

Judge Stan didn't disappoint me today - except a tad when he backed off on issues he kinda acted like he had ruled on!  I hope the rulings reflect what he said in court today. NeJame will be shocked when he gets back from first day to find that was not a ruling, I bet.

I can be patient if it gets the fair trial and the just result.  I honestly saw more positive for State today than defense.  They are due under the law some of this discovery - but IMHO he stopped the fishing expedition. 
Agreed 
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #942 on: August 21, 2009, 12:25:13 PM »

Casey is still blowing off her parents, even after George basically lied for her on the stand today.

She sure is.....my question is why the tears when Lyin Eyes George was on the stand - never a tear shed when she hears Caylee's name or any reference about her......She makes me sick to my stomach.   

Thanks for the close up cece.....

She did this same thing when George was on the stand at that very first hearing last summer.  Why only George ?
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #943 on: August 21, 2009, 12:25:42 PM »

IMO we have just been given a glimpse into the arrogance that georgie will show in the trial. Why didn't Judge Strickland tell georgie that HE, Judge Strickland, would decide what was or was not relevant?

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #944 on: August 21, 2009, 12:25:45 PM »

Casey Anthony case: Defense wants EquuSearch records
One of Casey Anthony's defense attorneys told the judge that they have found evidence that shows Caylee's remains were placed there after Casey Anthony was in jail.

Sarah Lundy Sentinel Staff Writer

12:02 p.m. EDT, August 21, 2009

Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland now is hearing arguments in the check fraud case against Casey Anthony.

Prosecutor Frank George said the state is ready for trial. There are some overlapping witnesses in the murder case and everyone would ensure the jury would not be prejudiced by that, he said.

He is resonding to the defense's claims on why the case should be delayed -- that they're too busy and the case can wait.

Everyone is busy, George said. But this can be done.
<snipped>

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #945 on: August 21, 2009, 12:27:26 PM »

One of Casey Anthony's defense attorneys told the judge that they have found evidence that shows Caylee's remains were placed there after Casey Anthony was in jail.

Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland now is hearing arguments in the check fraud case against Casey Anthony.

Prosecutor Frank George said the state is ready for trial. There are some overlapping witnesses in the murder case and everyone would ensure the jury would not be prejudiced by that, he said.

He is resonding to the defense's claims on why the case should be delayed -- that they're too busy and the case can wait.

Everyone is busy, George said. But this can be done.

George also presented an affidavit from Amy Huizenga, a former friend of Casey Anthony and a victim in the case, that says she wants to move forward on the case because it is affecting her job opportunities and tarnishing her name.

Defense attorney Andrea Lyon said the jury selection will take a "very long time" in the fraud case. If needed, the defense will file a change of venue for the fraud case. That would take time and work away from preparing for Anthony's death penalty case, she said.

Lyon said the trial may take two to three days, but the jury selection would be difficult.

A delay is reasonable in this situation, Lyon said. The state made no attempt in the first six months of the year to try this case, according to the defense attorney.

Strickland will rule later on the fraud trial date.

Earlier arguments tackled evidence to prove Casey Anthony's innocence.

Todd E. Macaluso, one of Casey Anthony's defense attorneys, told the judge that they have found evidence that shows Caylee's remains were placed there after Casey Anthony was in jail.

"It proves her innocence," he said.

Anthony, 23, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee Marie. The 2-year-old's remains were found Dec. 11 -- five months after she was reported missing -- scattered in woods less than a mile from her east Orange County home.

She's also charged with several fraud charges for checks detectives say she took from a friend.

Her defense team has maintained that Casey Anthony did not kill her daughter, but Macaluso's statement marks the first time that her team said there is evidence to prove that.

He didn't explain what that evidence is. However, the judge today granted her team's request for phone records of her former boyfriend, Tony Lazarro.

The defense argument is that someone else is involved and buried the child there, he said. Considering that, the judge said he is going to grant the defense's request for Lazarro's phone calls and "pings," which are signals that show where a cell phone is located at a given time. The records will span June 1 to Dec. 18, 2008.

The focus on Lazarro signals a shift in the defense strategy. In the past, Anthony told investigators that she left 2-year-old Caylee with a woman named Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez at Sawgrass Apartments and that the two later vanished. Investigators never found such a person and they said Anthony lied.

Today, Casey Anthony began to cry as her father, George Anthony, took the stand. He's testifying about California bounty hunter Leonard Padilla, who bailed Anthony out of jail and looked unsuccessfully for Caylee last year.

The judge is going to rule later on the whether Leonard Padilla and his team are to be considered privileged witness.

Casey Anthony's lead defense attorney Jose Baez claims Padilla and his crew were an extention of the defense's legal services and therefore is a priviledged witness; however, state prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick argued they were not.

There is nothing to support Baez's claim, Burdick told the court.

George Anthony testified earlier about what Padilla and his team did in late August. As he left the stand, he mouthed "I love you" to his daughter.

The area where Caylee's remains were eventually found in December was searched by volunteers for Texas EquuSearch in August and nothing had been found. That's important information, Macaluso said.

Casey Anthony's defense wants to depose the volunteer group's founder, Tim Miller, review EquuSearch's documents and obtain the names of the volunteers who participated in the search efforts.

EquuSearch's attorney Mark NeJame responded to the defense's request. He called it "absurd" and "too broad."

If someone had found something, that person would not have an expectation of privacy, NeJame said. But those who did not find anything should have their privacy, the attorney told the judge.

NeJame offered to hand over the information of 32 volunteers who searched within 200 yards of the area where Caylee's remains were found.

He does not want Miller deposed in Texas. He would be willing to have Miller questioned if the scope of the interview was narrowed.

Defense attorney Andrea Lyon argued the defense shouldn't have to rely on Texas EquuSearch to identify the volunteers the group thinks are relevant.

The defense wants to look at the records to determine who can best investigate the case. They don't intend to make the volunteers' names public, unless needed.

NeJame replied he and his client have no issue with giving the names of the volunteers in the area. He does not think it's appropriate to provide information on the other volunteers.

The judge will rule about the defense's request for Texas EquuSearch information later today or next week.

Cindy and George Anthony are in the courtroom with their attorney, Brad Conway.

They tried to sit in the first row behind the defense table, but the court deputies told them they had to move back a row.

This morning, Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland will hear a handful of defense requests, including one for documents from Texas EquuSearch, a volunteer group who helped search for Caylee, and another for certifying the group's founder, Tim Miller, as a material witness.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-casey-anthony-082109,0,4115891.story?page=2&track=rss
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #946 on: August 21, 2009, 12:27:43 PM »

IMO we have just been given a glimpse into the arrogance that georgie will show in the trial. Why didn't Judge Strickland tell georgie that HE, Judge Strickland, would decide what was or was not relevant?

Give him time .... lol
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #947 on: August 21, 2009, 12:28:00 PM »

Good question, would be fair to predict ole George will go ballistic at least once on the stand. 
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #948 on: August 21, 2009, 12:29:57 PM »

Casey is still blowing off her parents, even after George basically lied for her on the stand today.

She sure is.....my question is why the tears when Lyin Eyes George was on the stand - never a tear shed when she hears Caylee's name or any reference about her......She makes me sick to my stomach.   

You know, her contact with others is all about weaving something that could get her off. There's lots of theories, and lots of challenges as to how to throw anything against a wall that might stick. Face to Face with her parents pulls back the curtain too much on reality, and I think she knows that they know what she did.

Very good point CBB and her face seemingly showed concern and stress today - must be the some of that reality.

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #949 on: August 21, 2009, 12:30:10 PM »

Ooh Boo Hoo.  You wouldn't even look at your folks, were you crying because you were afraid for yourself that your dad might say something against you?  Well, he lied for you and you aren't worth it. I pray that Caylee haunts you all until you are in the looney bin.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #950 on: August 21, 2009, 12:30:34 PM »

Todd E. Macaluso, one of Casey Anthony's defense attorneys, told the judge that they have found evidence that shows Caylee's remains were placed there after Casey Anthony was in jail.
(Bring it on, can't wait to hear this  )
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #951 on: August 21, 2009, 12:32:38 PM »

Me too.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #952 on: August 21, 2009, 12:33:37 PM »

Give him time .... lol

Ono...I am inpatient!  LOL....I know Judge Strickland knows about the ZFG depos and he had to know about what georgie did yesterday. I wish he had let georgie know right off the bat that he will not be allowing this arrogance and disrespect in his court. I have a sinking feeling in my gut that he has more compassion for georgie than I would like him to.   But what the heck, I am sure he doesn't give a rat's ass what I think an angelic monkey

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #953 on: August 21, 2009, 12:35:29 PM »

I laughed out loud when I heard him say that!     then I slapped the speaker!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #954 on: August 21, 2009, 12:35:37 PM »

Casey Anthony Gets Emotional During Hearing On Motions
Posted: 9:06 am EDT August 21, 2009
Updated: 12:25 pm EDT August 21, 2009

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- The case against Casey Anthony was back in court Friday and, for the first time in months, Casey was there and she couldn't hold back tears. Casey Anthony's attorneys filed several motions being heard by Judge Stan Strickland, which include keeping the prosecution from taking Casey's check fraud case to court and being able to treat the EquuSearch founder as a witness.

CASEY ARRIVES IN COURT:
See Images http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/20491513/detail.html
Raw Video http://www.wftv.com/video/20491706/index.html
CASEY GETS EMOTIONAL:
Tears Shed By Casey http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/20492438/detail.html
IMAGES IN COURT:
George & Cindy http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/20491731/detail.html
 The Hearing  http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/20491889/detail.html
GEORGE QUESTIONED:
Video Of George On Stand http://www.wftv.com/video/20492634/index.html
HEARING VIDEO:
Part 1 http://www.wftv.com/video/20492642/index.html
Part 2 http://www.wftv.com/video/20493321/index.html
Part 3 http://www.wftv.com/video/20493513/index.html More Coming
TODAY'S FOUR MOTIONS:
1 http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20344261/detail.html
2 http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20344194/detail.html
3 http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20344147/detail.html
4 http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20483132/detail.html

Casey walked into the courtroom around 9:40am wearing a blue, long-sleeve shirt and a pair of grey pants. She was not nearly as happy-looking as previous court appearances (see images | watch video).

Casey saw her parents for the first time in three months when she entered the courtroom. George and Cindy Anthony were all smiles before the hearing started just ahead of 9:45am (see images).

Also in court were Casey's attorneys, Jose Baez, Todd Macaluso and Andrea Lyons, and EquuSearch founder Timothy Miller's attorney Mark NeJame, as well as a team of state prosecutors.

Casey's attorney asked the judge to allow her attorneys to interview the head of EquuSearch, claiming his testimony could prove her innocence.

Defense attorneys for Casey Anthony argued that testimony should be taken from the head of Texas EquuSearch, Timothy Miller, about the search for Anthony's toddler daughter, Caylee. The searchers looked near woods where the toddler's body eventually was found in December. They also asked to be allowed to review records on thousands of volunteers who participated in the searches for the little girl last summer and fall.

They hoped that testimony would show it would have been impossible for Anthony to dispose of the 2-year-old girl's body in the woods because she was arrested and in jail two months before the discovery of Caylee's remains.

"There is substantial evidence that we've found ... that the body or remains of Caylee Anthony was placed there after Casey Anthony was locked up," said Todd Macaluso, an attorney for Casey Anthony. "It proves that somebody else placed the remains in the area."

The attorney for EquuSearch, Mark NeJame, said the request was too broad and would create "a tremendous chilling effect" on volunteers for future searches. He said defense attorneys should only be given information on 32 volunteers who searched the area where the body later was found.

Miller held a press conference Thursday with attorney Mark Nejame to show some of the photographs he took in the area where Caylee Anthony's body was found (photos released) in an attempt to disprove the defenses theory that the body was dumped after Casey was jailed.

Circuit Judge Stan Strickland said he would make a ruling by next week.

"My intention on the EquuSearch records is to grant your motion in some form, I just need to think about what that needs to be," Strickland said.

At 10:42am, George Anthony took the stand under oath to answer questions from Jose Baez (watch raw video). The courtroom camera then showed that Casey had begun to cry, wiping tears away with a tissue (see images).

After a few questions from Baez about security guards involved in the case and bounty hunter Leonard Padilla, the prosecution questioned George, asking if he was aware of the fact that Padilla paid the $50,000 for Casey's bail. George said he was not aware and the prosecution expressed surprise that he wouldn't have known that.

The prosecution then pressed George on the security that was provided at their home after Casey's release.

"They bonded our daughter out of jail and secured our house ... that's the bottom line," George said. "They were at my house for numerous amount of days ... protecting us and my daughter."

"You're categorizing that as security only?" a prosecuting attorney asked, which George affirmed.

George stepped down from the stand just before 11:00am and gestured a sign of support toward a still visibly upset Casey, mouthing "I love you," and sat down in the courtroom audience.

The reason George's testimony is relevant is the defense is trying to claim Padilla and his employees were providing security for Casey, while also providing legal services somehow, so that information they have divulged to investigators is really privileged information that shouldn't enter into the case or into the public arena.

The defense had also made a request for phone calls made by Casey's ex-boyfriend, Tony Lazzaro (read Lazzaro motion), and the judge did rule that some records must be handed over. The judge said he will rule at a later time on a court date for Casey's check fraud case, something the defense filed a motion to get delayed until after the murder trial (read motion).

Casey Anthony is facing first-degree murder charges for allegedly killing her daughter, Caylee Anthony.

http://www.wftv.com/news/20490968/detail.html
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #955 on: August 21, 2009, 12:36:06 PM »

If that were true, why would they need Tim's records?

CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #956 on: August 21, 2009, 12:37:35 PM »

Do No Evil 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #957 on: August 21, 2009, 12:38:43 PM »

SNIPPED

The judge will rule about the defense's request for Texas EquuSearch information later today or next week.

Cindy and George Anthony are in the courtroom with their attorney, Brad Conway.

They tried to sit in the first row behind the defense table, but the court deputies told them they had to move back a row.

This morning, Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland will hear a handful of defense requests, including one for documents from Texas EquuSearch, a volunteer group who helped search for Caylee, and another for certifying the group's founder, Tim Miller, as a material witness.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-casey-anthony-082109,0,4115891.story?page=2&track=rss

any idea why the deputies told them to move back?  Could it have been a request from the defense table? (meaning kc)  And does anyone know who the big, bald guy sitting next to Cindy was? And did anyone see Tony L. there??

Rest in Peace Caylee

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #958 on: August 21, 2009, 12:44:02 PM »

Judge Stan didn't disappoint me today - except a tad when he backed off on issues he kinda acted like he had ruled on!  I hope the rulings reflect what he said in court today. NeJame will be shocked when he gets back from first day to find that was not a ruling, I bet.

I can be patient if it gets the fair trial and the just result.  I honestly saw more positive for State today than defense.  They are due under the law some of this discovery - but IMHO he stopped the fishing expedition. 

You make me feel better ANJ 

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #959 on: August 21, 2009, 12:44:12 PM »

Casey Anthony Gets Emotional During Hearing On Motions
Posted: 9:06 am EDT August 21, 2009
Updated: 12:25 pm EDT August 21, 2009

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- The case against Casey Anthony was back in court Friday and, for the first time in months, Casey was there and she couldn't hold back tears. Casey Anthony's attorneys filed several motions being heard by Judge Stan Strickland, which include keeping the prosecution from taking Casey's check fraud case to court and being able to treat the EquuSearch founder as a witness.

CASEY ARRIVES IN COURT:
See Images http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/20491513/detail.html
Raw Video http://www.wftv.com/video/20491706/index.html
CASEY GETS EMOTIONAL:
Tears Shed By Casey http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/20492438/detail.html
IMAGES IN COURT:
George & Cindy http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/20491731/detail.html
 The Hearing  http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/20491889/detail.html
GEORGE QUESTIONED:
Video Of George On Stand http://www.wftv.com/video/20492634/index.html
HEARING VIDEO:
Part 1 http://www.wftv.com/video/20492642/index.html
Part 2 http://www.wftv.com/video/20493321/index.html
Part 3 http://www.wftv.com/video/20493513/index.html More Coming
TODAY'S FOUR MOTIONS:
1 http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20344261/detail.html
2 http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20344194/detail.html
3 http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20344147/detail.html
4 http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20483132/detail.html

Casey walked into the courtroom around 9:40am wearing a blue, long-sleeve shirt and a pair of grey pants. She was not nearly as happy-looking as previous court appearances (see images | watch video).

Casey saw her parents for the first time in three months when she entered the courtroom. George and Cindy Anthony were all smiles before the hearing started just ahead of 9:45am (see images).

Also in court were Casey's attorneys, Jose Baez, Todd Macaluso and Andrea Lyons, and EquuSearch founder Timothy Miller's attorney Mark NeJame, as well as a team of state prosecutors.

Casey's attorney asked the judge to allow her attorneys to interview the head of EquuSearch, claiming his testimony could prove her innocence.

Defense attorneys for Casey Anthony argued that testimony should be taken from the head of Texas EquuSearch, Timothy Miller, about the search for Anthony's toddler daughter, Caylee. The searchers looked near woods where the toddler's body eventually was found in December. They also asked to be allowed to review records on thousands of volunteers who participated in the searches for the little girl last summer and fall.

They hoped that testimony would show it would have been impossible for Anthony to dispose of the 2-year-old girl's body in the woods because she was arrested and in jail two months before the discovery of Caylee's remains.

"There is substantial evidence that we've found ... that the body or remains of Caylee Anthony was placed there after Casey Anthony was locked up," said Todd Macaluso, an attorney for Casey Anthony. "It proves that somebody else placed the remains in the area."

The attorney for EquuSearch, Mark NeJame, said the request was too broad and would create "a tremendous chilling effect" on volunteers for future searches. He said defense attorneys should only be given information on 32 volunteers who searched the area where the body later was found.

Miller held a press conference Thursday with attorney Mark Nejame to show some of the photographs he took in the area where Caylee Anthony's body was found (photos released) in an attempt to disprove the defenses theory that the body was dumped after Casey was jailed.

Circuit Judge Stan Strickland said he would make a ruling by next week.

"My intention on the EquuSearch records is to grant your motion in some form, I just need to think about what that needs to be," Strickland said.

At 10:42am, George Anthony took the stand under oath to answer questions from Jose Baez (watch raw video). The courtroom camera then showed that Casey had begun to cry, wiping tears away with a tissue (see images).

After a few questions from Baez about security guards involved in the case and bounty hunter Leonard Padilla, the prosecution questioned George, asking if he was aware of the fact that Padilla paid the $50,000 for Casey's bail. George said he was not aware and the prosecution expressed surprise that he wouldn't have known that.

The prosecution then pressed George on the security that was provided at their home after Casey's release.

"They bonded our daughter out of jail and secured our house ... that's the bottom line," George said. "They were at my house for numerous amount of days ... protecting us and my daughter."

"You're categorizing that as security only?" a prosecuting attorney asked, which George affirmed.

George stepped down from the stand just before 11:00am and gestured a sign of support toward a still visibly upset Casey, mouthing "I love you," and sat down in the courtroom audience.

The reason George's testimony is relevant is the defense is trying to claim Padilla and his employees were providing security for Casey, while also providing legal services somehow, so that information they have divulged to investigators is really privileged information that shouldn't enter into the case or into the public arena.

The defense had also made a request for phone calls made by Casey's ex-boyfriend, Tony Lazzaro (read Lazzaro motion), and the judge did rule that some records must be handed over. The judge said he will rule at a later time on a court date for Casey's check fraud case, something the defense filed a motion to get delayed until after the murder trial (read motion).

Casey Anthony is facing first-degree murder charges for allegedly killing her daughter, Caylee Anthony.

http://www.wftv.com/news/20490968/detail.html

NR - thanks for posting these links. I was back and forth between the TV and FOX....the audio was very low on FOX and HLN kept taking breaks!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.