April 19, 2024, 12:22:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #490 7/9 - 7/10/2006  (Read 135474 times)
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #440 on: July 09, 2006, 08:11:45 PM »

Quote from: "mishy"
Quote from: "Jacqueline"
Quote from: "mishy"
Wow Justinsmama...you have REALLY been busy this weekend!! Bless your heart (for real!) Great to see you! I know you've been busy lately and I admire your diligence in staying off the forum in favor of spending time with Justin  Laughing

BTW, can anyone tell me how someone saying "bless your heart" turned in to a bad thing? I have always used it as a term of sympathy, endearment, and commiseration...would somebody be so kind as to fill me in? I've been wondering this for MONTHS!!

Bless your heart "is" a good thing Mishy.

I cant say for sure, but I think there was little skirmish a while ago and it may have had a monkey saying Bless your heart, but not meaning it sincerely.  So it just sort of caught on that Bless your heart was being used as a slam....

Thanks Jacqueline....Finally!! But I can't really imagine anything that begins with "bless your..." being any kind of a slam....

Unless someone told me "bless your fat a$$" or something personal like that  Shocked

Well I think it was being used in a sarcastic way.

Any who.....

Not important, and i may even have the story a little wrong, but I think that was the jist of it.

blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #441 on: July 09, 2006, 08:14:10 PM »

Quote from: "Leslie"
Quote from: "blah"
Whytegirl:    Kath was in Aruba and found Steve Croes who is "as dumb as rocks" according to SandraK and attempted to get some info from him.  There was a picture taken. You know the rest...

who is kath,and was she able to interview Croes?
I dont know the rest, can you help me out here?????? Shocked

Yes, she talked to him and a picture of the two of them was posted on a website with the title "I smell a rat" and went on to run down Kath and make some very strange and slanderous allegations.  It was quite nasty.

is there some transcript of the conversation with croes or anything??

did she get anything out of him?
Houdini
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #442 on: July 09, 2006, 08:15:01 PM »

BTgirl wrote:
Easy,

Please share some of whatever you're taking?

I think your drugs are better than mine.

Never buy Generic BT.  Go the extra bucks and buy the genuine stuff.

You know, come to think of it.....taking generic drugs may be what made your legs look like sweet potatoes. Laughing

Make no mistake, it's not vengeance he seeks..........It's a RECKONING!............. Doc Holiday
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #443 on: July 09, 2006, 08:15:48 PM »

Quote from: "Houdini"
BTgirl wrote:
Easy,

Please share some of whatever you're taking?

I think your drugs are better than mine.

Never buy Generic BT.  Go the extra bucks and buy the genuine stuff.

You know, come to think of it.....taking generic drugs may be what made your legs look like sweet potatoes. Laughing

Durn, Houdini!

I'll bet you're right! Shocked  Laughing  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Houdini
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #444 on: July 09, 2006, 08:19:28 PM »

Mishy wrote:
BTW, can anyone tell me how someone saying "bless your heart" turned in to a bad thing? I have always used it as a term of sympathy, endearment, and commiseration...would somebody be so kind as to fill me in? I've been wondering this for MONTHS!!

It's ambiguous enough to be used both as a compliment and a "backhanded" insult.  Depends on your inflection.

Another one is "Nice".  Somebody pays you money they owe you.....Nice!

Somebody backs into your car on the parking lot...........Oh Nice! Laughing

Make no mistake, it's not vengeance he seeks..........It's a RECKONING!............. Doc Holiday
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #445 on: July 09, 2006, 08:21:03 PM »

Easy

You've got mail. Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
Houdini
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #446 on: July 09, 2006, 08:21:09 PM »

BTgirl wrote:
Durn, Houdini!

I'll bet you're right!

Damned fine sweet potatoes, I might add............but still sweet potatoes. Laughing  Laughing

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #447 on: July 09, 2006, 08:21:17 PM »

It's been over 13 months since Natalee Holloway went missing in Aruba.  Many of us have been following the case since the very beginning.  Few of us expected the hatred and outright lies spewed by some posters.  SCARED MONKEYS WANT'S JUSTICE FOR NATALEE.  We stand behind the Holloway/Twitty families.  WE WILL NOT GIVE UP.  Now is not the time for family friendly sites to bicker amongst themselves.  Discussing it is a distraction from the case and serves no purpose, IMO.
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #448 on: July 09, 2006, 08:22:00 PM »

Whytegirl:    Kath was in Aruba and found Steve Croes who is "as dumb as rocks" according to SandraK and attempted to get some info from him.  There was a picture taken. You know the rest...

Yes, she talked to him and a picture of the two of them was posted on a website with the title "I smell a rat" and went on to run down Kath and make some very strange and slanderous allegations.  It was quite nasty.

{{Sorry Leslie, but you probably didn't see what I just posted - let's not bring the battle to SM please}}

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #449 on: July 09, 2006, 08:22:46 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
It's been over 13 months since Natalee Holloway went missing in Aruba.  Many of us have been following the case since the very beginning.  Few of us expected the hatred and outright lies spewed by some posters.  SCARED MONKEYS WANT'S JUSTICE FOR NATALEE.  We stand behind the Holloway/Twitty families.  WE WILL NOT GIVE UP.  Now is not the time for family friendly sites to bicker amongst themselves.  Discussing it is a distraction from the case and serves no purpose, IMO.

YEAH !

Evil or Very Mad
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #450 on: July 09, 2006, 08:23:14 PM »

BTgirl wrote:
Durn, Houdini!

I'll bet you're right!

Damned fine sweet potatoes, I might add............but still sweet potatoes. Laughing  Laughing

Actually, on those few occasions when I wear a dress, people always tell me what nice legs I have.

I think they're just surprised to find I have legs, though, since they so rarely see them. Laughing  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #451 on: July 09, 2006, 08:24:55 PM »

Houdini
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #452 on: July 09, 2006, 08:27:03 PM »

Jacqueline wrote:

I cant say for sure, but I think there was little skirmish a while ago and it may have had a monkey saying Bless your heart, but not meaning it sincerely. So it just sort of caught on that Bless your heart was being used as a slam....

I could be wrong, and if I am, I relish any one of the southern belles on this board to correct me.  I thought this was an accepted and popular way for a southern lady to diss someone.  "Well bless her heart".  But it was also used as a compliment.

Any y'all ladies care to correct this "on the mason/dixon line yankee? Laughing

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #453 on: July 09, 2006, 08:27:16 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"

Did you read that e-mail I sent you?

I Stand With The Girl
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #454 on: July 09, 2006, 08:27:50 PM »

{{Sorry Leslie, but you probably didn't see what I just posted - let's not bring the battle to SM please}}

errr i'm sorry, my question was "did the person who talked to Croes get any information out of him, or is there a transcript of this conversation" (meaning the conversation between Croes and this Kath)

I dont care if someone is mad about a picture or a hug or whatever, i just want to know if this person got any info from Croes.

thanks
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #455 on: July 09, 2006, 08:28:55 PM »

Jacqueline wrote:

I cant say for sure, but I think there was little skirmish a while ago and it may have had a monkey saying Bless your heart, but not meaning it sincerely. So it just sort of caught on that Bless your heart was being used as a slam....

I could be wrong, and if I am, I relish any one of the southern belles on this board to correct me.  I thought this was an accepted and popular way for a southern lady to diss someone.  "Well bless her heart".  But it was also used as a compliment.

Any y'all ladies care to correct this "on the mason/dixon line yankee? Laughing

Enlighten this jersey tomato too! Laughing

Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #456 on: July 09, 2006, 08:33:12 PM »

Blah:  If she did get some info out of Steve Croes she would have passed it on to the family.  I don't know if she did and I don't ask those questions.
  Cool    Do Wah Diddy Diddy Dum Diddy Do Razz

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #457 on: July 09, 2006, 08:33:20 PM »

don't think it was the greatest way to go about things but don't you see how that picture could really bother her? It gave me the creeps.

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #458 on: July 09, 2006, 08:35:01 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Quote from: "Easywriter"

Did you read that e-mail I sent you?

I'M WALKIN' TO NU ORLEANS!
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #459 on: July 09, 2006, 08:36:37 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

you are right Klaas...thanks

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.