April 25, 2024, 10:07:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #490 7/9 - 7/10/2006  (Read 136848 times)
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #480 on: July 09, 2006, 09:12:58 PM »

Quote from: "Houdini"
Jacqueline wrote:
Bless your heart "is" a good thing Mishy.

I cant say for sure, but I think there was little skirmish a while ago and it may have had a monkey saying Bless your heart, but not meaning it sincerely. So it just sort of caught on that Bless your heart was being used as a slam....

I could be wrong, and if I am, I relish any one of the southern belles on this board to correct me.  I thought this was an accepted and popular way for a southern lady to diss someone.  "Well bless her heart".  But it was also used as a compliment.

Any y'all ladies care to correct this "on the mason/dixon line yankee? Laughing

Houdini, as far as I've always known, as far South as B'ham, AL, "bless your heart" has always had nothing but the best intentions behind it...Maybe I'm traveling in the wrong circles  Shocked  Shocked

Nah....

Bring Natalee home...
Windsor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #481 on: July 09, 2006, 09:15:58 PM »

no, i've always lived south of the Mason-Dixon Line, and Bless Your Heart is a good thing ... Very Happy
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #482 on: July 09, 2006, 09:19:14 PM »

I'm beat. Gonna read the transcript from last night's show, and then hit the monkey bunkey. 'Nite, all. XXOO

mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #483 on: July 09, 2006, 09:21:27 PM »

night Justins! Sweet dream!!!

Bring Natalee home...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #484 on: July 09, 2006, 09:21:46 PM »

Quote from: "Windsor"
HI EVERYONE; what's shakin'?

Reminder to all - Windsor = the former GretaRocks  Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #485 on: July 09, 2006, 09:22:17 PM »

mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #486 on: July 09, 2006, 09:24:44 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
HI EVERYONE; what's shakin'?

Reminder to all - Windsor = the former GretaRocks  Laughing

Thanks Klaas, for the reminder...Now I remember reading that when I was lurking last week...

Hi Windsor!!!! Nice name change  Laughing

Bring Natalee home...
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #487 on: July 09, 2006, 09:24:54 PM »

too funny...how do you come up with these?

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #488 on: July 09, 2006, 09:25:51 PM »

It's been over 13 months since Natalee Holloway went missing in Aruba.  Many of us have been following the case since the very beginning.  Few of us expected the hatred and outright lies spewed by some posters.  SCARED MONKEYS WANT'S JUSTICE FOR NATALEE.  We stand behind the Holloway/Twitty families.  WE WILL NOT GIVE UP.  Now is not the time for family friendly sites to bicker amongst themselves.  Discussing it is a distraction from the case and serves no purpose, IMO.

Here's to you & Anna.  

Apologies for anything I might have said to cause any problems for any monkeys.  I know we are all here to help Beth & Dave, in memory of Natalee.  

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #489 on: July 09, 2006, 09:26:34 PM »

Either in law enforcement or medicine.   Laughing  Laughing

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #490 on: July 09, 2006, 09:27:15 PM »

no, i've always lived south of the Mason-Dixon Line, and Bless Your Heart is a good thing ... Very Happy
Laughing

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #491 on: July 09, 2006, 09:30:26 PM »

Quote from: "mishy"
Quote from: "Houdini"
Jacqueline wrote:
Bless your heart "is" a good thing Mishy.

I cant say for sure, but I think there was little skirmish a while ago and it may have had a monkey saying Bless your heart, but not meaning it sincerely. So it just sort of caught on that Bless your heart was being used as a slam....

I could be wrong, and if I am, I relish any one of the southern belles on this board to correct me.  I thought this was an accepted and popular way for a southern lady to diss someone.  "Well bless her heart".  But it was also used as a compliment.

Any y'all ladies care to correct this "on the mason/dixon line yankee? Laughing

Houdini, as far as I've always known, as far South as B'ham, AL, "bless your heart" has always had nothing but the best intentions behind it...Maybe I'm traveling in the wrong circles  Shocked  Shocked

Nah....

Just coming into the cage.... and I will once again own up to the BLESS YOUR HEART thing.....  Laughing

for those  of you above the Mason Dixon line... it's the same as forgetaboutit.... has all kinds of different meanings...

once Red caught me using it in the negative to someone who was being mean to me.... LOL... I said well, bless your heart... meaning why are you so stupid???  but I also use it to mean well... .. but most of the time... I am being bad, bad Mrs. Red.... Embarassed

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Windsor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #492 on: July 09, 2006, 09:34:02 PM »

well, thanks Klaas and Mishy -- I do like my new name ...

got quiet in here   Sad
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #493 on: July 09, 2006, 09:34:59 PM »

Mrs. Red - did you see Joran's new summer job?

Laughing  Laughing
Windsor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #494 on: July 09, 2006, 09:37:14 PM »

hey ya'll; gotta tell you a good story (well, I think it's good)

daughter came home from college town for 4th of July; brought good (spunky) friend

Dave Holloway's book was on my table; I told daughter's friend to look at it; she said, "Oh, it's about the missing girl in Aruba"

Well, she went on to tell me how she will not allow anyone to hand her a drink; she insists on watching them pour it, even if it's from a keg, a bar, whatever

when she walks through a room, she puts her hand over the cup so no one can slip something in it on the sly

one smart cookie ....
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #495 on: July 09, 2006, 09:37:41 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
As this forum belongs to Red and Tom, any poster that they have allowed to post here is deserving of at least being treated in a civil manner.  Launching personal attacks and questioning the motives and loyalties of others seems to be happening more often of late.  I know there is not much new to discuss but I don't think we should be referring to other posters as though they are not going to read it and blasting them especially when they are being supportive of the family in this tragedy.

Some try to pretend there is a rift between BFN and this site when none exists and trying to eliminate one of the other few remaining pro-Natalee sites is just not the direction in which I personally want to go.  We need all the sites for Natalee as there are so few remaining now.  I don't understand why attacking any one of them is helpful.  Take them down one by one until none are left?  I'd hate to see that happen.  JMO.

Reading back... and I don't know what has been said... but THERE IS NO RIFT BETWEEN US AND BFN.... there never has been and won't be.... ANNA is right... this is not the time for pro-sites to turn against pro-sites...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Windsor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #496 on: July 09, 2006, 09:39:01 PM »

oh, and she kept saying, "I'm not gonna get roofied," which worried me a bit since my daughter is in the same college town, of course ...   just hope my daughter is as smart/streetwise as her friend.  She said many girls there have been "roofied."
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #497 on: July 09, 2006, 09:40:08 PM »

Mrs. Red - did you see Joran's new summer job?

Laughing  Laughing

OMG... I just got my monitor wet... LOL>>>>

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #498 on: July 09, 2006, 09:41:35 PM »

Mrs. Red - how about when all the rats jump ship?

Laughing  Laughing

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #499 on: July 09, 2006, 09:41:36 PM »

oh, and she kept saying, "I'm not gonna get roofied," which worried me a bit since my daughter is in the same college town, of course ...   just hope my daughter is as smart/streetwise as her friend.  She said many girls there have been "roofied."

Windsor, I am sure your daughter is very smart...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.