April 26, 2024, 01:11:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #490 7/9 - 7/10/2006  (Read 136887 times)
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #820 on: July 10, 2006, 11:59:28 AM »

Quote from: "Tess LaCoyle"
THIRD, nothing wrong with skepticism, all things considered.  BUT, if the call does exist on William's phone, I've no doubt the FBI has analyzed it because the recording on his phone is/was physically in the US.  As for "low publicity" factor and again IF the call exists, there may be good reasons for keeping it in the "mystery zone."

Bottom line, I'd guess those who need to know, know; the rest of us can only guess, assume, hope.

I agree with you Tess.  I do think that if the phone call exists, it would have been analyzed a LONG time ago.  Only thing that would bother me about your other point is...if it is being kept under wraps in the "mystery zone" as you say, how could a poster on a message board have heard it?  Just something to think about...
Tess LaCoyle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #821 on: July 10, 2006, 12:00:14 PM »

Quote from: "thirdstrike"

But wait, didn't I read on an earlier page (on this thread) that someone close to the family put this phone call theory to bed by saying it was only rumor?  I think it was by way of a front page post (IIRC)...

I believe that was in re the October call and not the call to William's phone?  Anyway...my recollection, at least.

Just realized you may be remembering the "Richard" post from front page....don't know Richard, so have no way of assessing credibility.  Sigh....a fact of the net.

thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #822 on: July 10, 2006, 12:01:42 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Gunslinger did say he heard the call.  What was throwing me off was Saturday, the discussion was on Wednesday the 5th.

Yeah, but if I remember corerctly, this poster did tell me that he heard it on "Greta's show" early on.  Now, I've been following this case since the beginning, and I never heard such a call on Greta.  That leads me to believe he heard of it's possible existence on Greta's show.  But, I'm probably wrong again anyway.  When am I going to learn??  Wink

BTW Klass...you ever get the chance to shoot Houdini my email?  He was asking for it late last week...

I could but why doesn't he simply email you through your profile??

Well, because I choose not to include my email in my profile...Wink

When I click on your profile I see an email button but maybe it's something to do with my abilities as a Mod..I don't know

Yeah, because when I click on it, there's no email option.  If it's a problem, don't worry about it.  I'll hook up w/Houdini some other way...
Tess LaCoyle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #823 on: July 10, 2006, 12:02:37 PM »

THIRD, nothing wrong with skepticism, all things considered.  BUT, if the call does exist on William's phone, I've no doubt the FBI has analyzed it because the recording on his phone is/was physically in the US.  As for "low publicity" factor and again IF the call exists, there may be good reasons for keeping it in the "mystery zone."

Bottom line, I'd guess those who need to know, know; the rest of us can only guess, assume, hope.

I agree with you Tess.  I do think that if the phone call exists, it would have been analyzed a LONG time ago.  Only thing that would bother me about your other point is...if it is being kept under wraps in the "mystery zone" as you say, how could a poster on a message board have heard it?  Just something to think about...

The only reason I can come up with would be that the call was heard early in the case, before any legal maneuverings which might exist or be planned today were formulated.    In that case, I'd then assume (ouch!) perhaps the person who heard the call early in the case is not involved or aware of today's plans, etc.   Who knows....I can only guess.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #824 on: July 10, 2006, 12:03:08 PM »

Thirdstrike - not a problem, I was just confused.
Susebear
Scared Monkey

« Reply #825 on: July 10, 2006, 12:04:01 PM »

Good morning Monkey friends.  
This morning I had a spam email for a survey that caught my eye.  " Email Survey from the Makers of Dove and Lipton"  I completed the survey noting that I do not buy ANY Unilever products, then followed up with an email to the survey link telling them why I'm boycotting, and urge you all to go to the link, choose the "contact us" button and email them and tell them if you are boycotting Dutch products until they do something about the abysmal way the Natalee Holloway investigation has been conducted.  It is one of the only ways we can help, with our dollars.  DO NOT BUY DUTCH or travel to FUBARUBA.  
http://www.shoppers-voice.com/en/index.html
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #826 on: July 10, 2006, 12:04:36 PM »

Thirdstrike - not a problem, I was just confused.

Thank you Klass!!  As usual, you are a Stallion amongst Mules.  Well, I don't mmean that literally of course.  It's actually a compliment.  OK, sorry...it's Monday!!  Wink
Tess LaCoyle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #827 on: July 10, 2006, 12:05:18 PM »

Gotta run get ready for a 1:00 appointment.....y'all have a great afternoon!

thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #828 on: July 10, 2006, 12:06:18 PM »

Gotta run get ready for a 1:00 appointment.....y'all have a great afternoon!

You too Tess!  It's been a pleasure speaking with you.  Wink
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #829 on: July 10, 2006, 12:09:28 PM »

My receptionist just walked in hysterical crying with her Fiance and told me just got a call that her Mom died.  She was having an angioplasty and went into coronary!  She was going to pick her up before coming to work.  Poor little thing is hysterical and Boss is in Helsinki - Urghhhhhhh!

Time spent with cats is never wasted. - Colette
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #830 on: July 10, 2006, 12:12:16 PM »

Sent her home to go make her arrangements, called boss in Europe, going to lunch..............................

flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #831 on: July 10, 2006, 12:12:57 PM »

Later!

thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #832 on: July 10, 2006, 12:15:27 PM »

Quote from: "flyingmermaid"
My receptionist just walked in hysterical crying with her Fiance and told me just got a call that her Mom died.  She was having an angioplasty and went into coronary!  She was going to pick her up before coming to work.  Poor little thing is hysterical and Boss is in Helsinki - Urghhhhhhh!

That's horrible!  I'll include her in my thoughts today...
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #833 on: July 10, 2006, 12:20:01 PM »

Damn...where'd everybody go?  Is my breath stinkin'??   Embarassed
Shizaru
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #834 on: July 10, 2006, 12:26:02 PM »

Greta confimed on on her blog that there is a male voice on the call, saying "Are you calling home", supposedly C. Croes has confirmed that via e-mail as well.  Greta didn't mention any female voice on the call, neither did alleged Croes e-mail (e-mail also said male voice was preceeded by about a minute of moving vehicle sounds).

However I remember Dash/Alana Jordan saying she had heard the call and she couldn't understand what was being said but didn't think it sounded like Natalee (Dash's SM posts are archived on scrux, I think some of them are missing but it could be in there somewhere).  Apparently several MB kids listened to the call during the bus ride home.  And if it was just a male voice you'd think Alana would have specified that the voice wasn't even female.  So perhaps there was a very faint garbled female voice on the call too, before the male voice.  

I think the call probably wasn't from Natalee, and if it had been confirmed to be Natalee via voice analysis we would know that by now.  However it is possible that voice analysis wasn't able to determine whether it was her or not.  I had a discussion once with someone who seemed to know a lot about the subject and he said voice analysis is not as reliable as you see on TV, even if  FBI could clean it up enough to determine she was saying "I don't know these people", to confirm a match they would probably need tape of Natalee saying those same words, or at least some of the same words.
Susebear
Scared Monkey

« Reply #835 on: July 10, 2006, 12:26:17 PM »

ummmmm we are the only ones here right now TS.  And, Klaas, of course,  Wink
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #836 on: July 10, 2006, 12:32:29 PM »

And what am I???  Chopped fruit?

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #837 on: July 10, 2006, 12:35:41 PM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
And what am I???  Chopped fruit?

Of course not!  You're a BEAUTIFUL fruit platter Peaches!!  Wink
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #838 on: July 10, 2006, 12:37:34 PM »

The phone calls are now so hopelessly scrambled together that I don't think anybody knows which is which any more.  I thought the one to the MB kid was to one who did not go on the trip, the one CCroes called and talked to for 45 minutes.

None of the accounts I hear now are as I remember from the early days.  Don't think the family wants it straightened out and does prefer it remain in the mystery zone so we have no way to verify now.  Going back to the beginning and trying to find posts has become just about impossible.

Think I will just file the calls under Can of Worms and leave it there.  But it has become totally twisted from what was at the beginning and now I don't know what to think about them.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #839 on: July 10, 2006, 12:39:30 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
The phone calls are now so hopelessly scrambled together that I don't think anybody knows which is which any more.  I thought the one to the MB kid was to one who did not go on the trip, the one CCroes called and talked to for 45 minutes.

None of the accounts I hear now are as I remember from the early days.  Don't think the family wants it straightened out and does prefer it remain in the mystery zone so we have no way to verify now.  Going back to the beginning and trying to find posts has become just about impossible.

Think I will just file the calls under Can of Worms and leave it there.  But it has become totally twisted from what was at the beginning and now I don't know what to think about them.

Anna - Gunslinger indicated that he had heard the call.  I don't know if what he meant by that was in person (family friend) or on Greta.  I want to find out what Gunslinger meant.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.