April 30, 2024, 06:38:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #549 11/27 - 11/28/2006  (Read 110707 times)
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #600 on: November 28, 2006, 08:48:51 AM »

Quote from: "Red"
I would just like to say thank you to Klaas for all the hard work she put forth on the statements.

Way to go ... Time well spent.

Klaas rocks  Wink

All of you rock!

I came here today after not visiting for awhile - FOX this morning made mention of "new info" in the case and had a snippet from DeVries.

KUDOS to each and every one of you for sticking by Natalee and her family.  If anyone is able to find the truth, it will be you guys.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #601 on: November 28, 2006, 08:51:08 AM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Quote from: "bleachedblack"
Night cubbeegirl .

BB  Love your Gilda Monkey  ROFL~!!
 She was my absolute FAV on SNL!! Good ol days with her and Bill Murry. jane Curtain etc..  Smile

Gilda was always my favorite as well.  I remember a special she did where she sang "Let's Talk Dirty To The Animals".  It was hysterical.  

I read her book about her fight with ovarian cancer.  She started Gilda's Club to provide support for other ovarian cancer sufferers.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #602 on: November 28, 2006, 08:51:44 AM »

I would like to know how does a judge visiting the home of two of the suspects have the power to overturn a search warrant.  Was this Judge Witt the one who originally approved the search warrant?  He was not on official duty when he was at the Sloots.  It wasn't like the police knocked on the door and said by the way Judge can you change the wording in the search warrant before we start.  He abused his power for a murderer.  He should be investigated and brought up on charges.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #603 on: November 28, 2006, 08:53:57 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Posted by MF at FOB:

As we all know de Vries in his program talked about a leak of information in which he said that in the beginning of the case, Mr Carlo contacted Karen Jansen and asked to meet since he had information for her. They met after hours at Karen's Office (secret ?) where he told her that he has information and needed to get it off his chest. That Joran has had an active role in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway but he cannot proof it, that it is up to her to do that. De Vries' words.

Later in the case, Janssen send him a letter in which she referred their conversation and Carlo replied that it was not what he told her.

Today Carlo, denied ever saying that to Janssen, that in anyway accused Joran or said something about Joran's having a role in Natalee's disappearance. He acknowledged their meeting, but had to do with internal proceedings and also acknowledged communication afterwards.

He said that de Vries' claims are unfounded and also recorded in his office without any authorization as we can see that he had a hidden camera and he reminded that on November 30, 2006 he will be in court to ask the legal investigation be stopped against his client.

GOODMORNING ALL!  Reminder I'm just lurking this morning prior to class. Wink

That is an interesting post, thanks for bringing  it over Klaas. This is an interesting excerpt of an interview in which Tim Miller also speaks about a source that seemed very certain that JVDS was guilty.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

MILLER: I've spent a lot of time with the Police Commissioner van der Straaten, and he told me that he has got enough stuff without a body for prosecution. Our deal is to bring Natalee home. That family needs that body. They need to be able to say goodbye and start their healing process.

Natalee is not alive. I'm sorry. And somebody knows. And now we're starting to get angry our own self. We're searchers over here on their island, but now I'm getting angry.

http://tinyurl.com/yd96ay

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #604 on: November 28, 2006, 08:58:49 AM »

Quote from: "San"
I would like to know how does a judge visiting the home of two of the suspects have the power to overturn a search warrant.  Was this Judge Witt the one who originally approved the search warrant?  He was not on official duty when he was at the Sloots.  It wasn't like the police knocked on the door and said by the way Judge can you change the wording in the search warrant before we start.  He abused his power for a murderer.  He should be investigated and brought up on charges.

I have been searching old articles/interviews for mention of the fact that DeWitt is the one who actually overturned the search warrant. Is this a true fact San ? ....just wondering as I have read KJ was present went the "walk-through" of the Sloot residence was done and then it says 2 officers with suitcases walked through the house and confiscated 2 bags of unknown home contents....later to be learned by Anita that these items included her camera, computer, etc.

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #605 on: November 28, 2006, 09:01:30 AM »

Absolutely!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #606 on: November 28, 2006, 09:04:28 AM »

There is something coming up on Fox on the case.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #607 on: November 28, 2006, 09:05:35 AM »

Fox news to be discussing it in a few minutes.....FINALLY the rest of the world will know what we have known for quite some time! I am hopeful once more...

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #608 on: November 28, 2006, 09:06:26 AM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Night cubbeegirl .

BB  Love your Gilda Monkey  ROFL~!!
 She was my absolute FAV on SNL!! Good ol days with her and Bill Murry. jane Curtain etc..  Smile

Gilda was always my favorite as well.  I remember a special she did where she sang "Let's Talk Dirty To The Animals".  It was hysterical.  

I read her book about her fight with ovarian cancer.  She started Gilda's Club to provide support for other ovarian cancer sufferers.

Thanks Peaches, I have always thought she was a comic genious youtube has an hilarious Gilda parody of a Jorache  jeans commercial, but she calls hers Jewess Jeans, you should check-it-out, I didn't want to link least some take offense to it, but she is a real hoot!

SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #609 on: November 28, 2006, 09:10:25 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"

OK, get this--at the time we heard rumor that he, the judge Bob Witt, was physically staying with the Sloots in their home!  Like a guest I suppose while he worked on the island, etc.  And that because this was his normal accommodation when there, he knew the sleeping arrangements, etc. of the younger Sloots.

It was also said that he speculated that it would be highly improper to search the main house since he was staying there.  

This needs to be sent to deVries as rumor of the time for his investigation as well.  It does make sense and would explain what he the judge was doing at the property to be searched in the first place.

Surely not???  But it does add up.

It was Rick Smid, not Bob Witt that was rumored to be Paulus's house guest & buddy.  Smid is the one who freed Joran in September.

Now Witt was the one who ordered J2K to be sent to KIA, and also allowed Joran's Mom, but not his Dad to visit Joran.  He also extended the detention of J2K.
Judge Witt
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #610 on: November 28, 2006, 09:10:34 AM »

I have been searching old articles/interviews for mention of the fact that DeWitt is the one who actually overturned the search warrant. Is this a true fact San ? ....just wondering as I have read KJ was present went the "walk-through" of the Sloot residence was done and then it says 2 officers with suitcases walked through the house and confiscated 2 bags of unknown home contents....later to be learned by Anita that these items included her camera, computer, etc.

Bleached this is what De Vries said last night.

Peter:  Well the search in the home address of the family Van der Sloot is very strange because the search warrant was made by Head Prosecutor Karin Janssen and contained an allowance to search the whole address Mon 19.  But when the police was on the spot another high ranking employee of the Justice Office it was Mr. Bob Witt reduced the search warrant to only the room of Joran and that’s very strange. The police was extremely frustrated about this because they had some clues that something might have happened to Natalee elsewhere in the garden or in the house of the parents because Joran admits that he has been with Natalee and Deepak and Satish at the home of his parents.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #611 on: November 28, 2006, 09:10:42 AM »

Posted by Tjeerd at FOB:

The tape of the show concerning the cocaine goes as follows:

(Commenter) Joran and Natalee were attracted to each other. There was no or hardly no obstacle to go to his appartment.

Witnesses say Natalee was drinking very great amounts of alcohol. Two witnesses say she carried drugs with her (a shot of a PV shown  reads: (..) Natalee asked me if I would like to sniff some cocaine)

Which means, it did NOT come from the MB kids but from some other "witness", most likely bought and paid for by the VDS family or Renfro.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #612 on: November 28, 2006, 09:12:41 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!  Good to see each of you this morning. - Working and lurking as usual.  Going back to read and catch up.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #613 on: November 28, 2006, 09:18:22 AM »

San wrote;
Peter: Well the search in the home address of the family Van der Sloot is very strange because the search warrant was made by Head Prosecutor Karin Janssen and contained an allowance to search the whole address Mon 19. But when the police was on the spot another high ranking employee of the Justice Office it was Mr. Bob Witt reduced the search warrant to only the room of Joran and that’s very strange.  The police was extremely frustrated about this because they had some clues that something might have happened to Natalee elsewhere in the garden or in the house of the parents because Joran admits that he has been with Natalee and Deepak and Satish at the home of his parents.

Hmmmmmm thanks San what now strikes me funny about that scenario though , and it may be minor, but aren't search warrants issued only by a judge?....or is that just in the US? .....prosecutor don't issue search warrants simply because that  alone would be a conflict of interest? So did DeWitt possibly limit his own search warrant?

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #614 on: November 28, 2006, 09:21:18 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Posted by Tjeerd at FOB:

The tape of the show concerning the cocaine goes as follows:

(Commenter) Joran and Natalee were attracted to each other. There was no or hardly no obstacle to go to his appartment.

Witnesses say Natalee was drinking very great amounts of alcohol. Two witnesses say she carried drugs with her (a shot of a PV shown  reads: (..) Natalee asked me if I would like to sniff some cocaine)

Which means, it did NOT come from the MB kids but from some other "witness", most likely bought and paid for by the VDS family or Renfro.

And De Vries couldn't see through this.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #615 on: November 28, 2006, 09:23:28 AM »

Sorry meant to write Witt.......it's still early for me   Embarassed

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #616 on: November 28, 2006, 09:28:04 AM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"

OK, get this--at the time we heard rumor that he, the judge Bob Witt, was physically staying with the Sloots in their home!  Like a guest I suppose while he worked on the island, etc.  And that because this was his normal accommodation when there, he knew the sleeping arrangements, etc. of the younger Sloots.

It was also said that he speculated that it would be highly improper to search the main house since he was staying there.  

This needs to be sent to deVries as rumor of the time for his investigation as well.  It does make sense and would explain what he the judge was doing at the property to be searched in the first place.

It was Rick Smid, not Bob Witt that was rumored to be Paulus's house guest & buddy.  Smid is the one who freed Joran in September.

Now Witt was the one who ordered J2K to be sent to KIA, and also allowed Joran's Mom, but not his Dad to visit Joran.  He also extended the detention of J2K.
Judge Witt

Well, I guess that would depend on which rumor you were hearing, wouldn't it? What I was told in the beginning was that whichever judge was in Aruba from Curacao was usually offered quarters at the Sloot resident.

DeVries is saying it was Witt who just happened to be present and on the spot and change the stipulations of the search warrant, not Smid.

We have no way of knowing if this is true but it is something that perhaps the deVries team could research as they would have ways and means we do not have.

IBE,

Yes, there was talk of judicial poker games, sometimes at the Sloots.  Not sure if on the night in question but I do recall hearing that one as well very early.

My, we were a rumored lot, especially those first 3-4 weeks.  But oddly enough, my basic theory hasn't changed in all this time.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #617 on: November 28, 2006, 09:32:27 AM »

San wrote;
Peter: Well the search in the home address of the family Van der Sloot is very strange because the search warrant was made by Head Prosecutor Karin Janssen and contained an allowance to search the whole address Mon 19. But when the police was on the spot another high ranking employee of the Justice Office it was Mr. Bob Witt reduced the search warrant to only the room of Joran and that’s very strange.  The police was extremely frustrated about this because they had some clues that something might have happened to Natalee elsewhere in the garden or in the house of the parents because Joran admits that he has been with Natalee and Deepak and Satish at the home of his parents.

Hmmmmmm thanks San what now strikes me funny about that scenario though , and it may be minor, but aren't search warrants issued only by a judge?....or is that just in the US? .....prosecutor don't issue search warrants simply because that  alone would be a conflict of interest? So did DeWitt possibly limit his own search warrant?

Goodmorning, BB,

Did you see our posts from last night??  We want to know who signed that first search warrant.  CBB is even offering smoochies to whomever can find who signed the original search warrant for the Sloot residence.

That is exactly the question.  Did Witt have the authority to do this on the spot as is claimed he did.  I would think not even if it was he who signed the original as it denies KJ the right of formal protest and to protest his action.

I don't remember her participating in the search at the Sloots.  Certainly she was not there at 6:30 a.m., arms akimbo as for the search and arrest of the security guards, not visibly at any rate as she was for their arrest.  Very odd considering she already knew the J2Kwere lying about the HI drop off.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #618 on: November 28, 2006, 09:33:35 AM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"

Judge Witt

Hmmmmmmm, thanks Sunfreak2 I see I was totally confused about the name then. Reading to many sources ......see why I am confuse about who was at the house when the search was conducted.......this source (which is by no means gospel ) says that Ben King was reportedly at the house when searched. So were King and Smid there ya think?

I think this was written by Alexander Mathew, so the source certainly has an axe to grind.....

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

. King was reportedly seen visiting Paul van der Sloot at his home when the Arubian police were performing a search of the van der Sloot residence.

http://tinyurl.com/y5w64o

SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #619 on: November 28, 2006, 09:37:23 AM »

Here is all the info I was able to gather on the Judges involved in this case and who did what each step of the way.  A lot of times in the news articles, they never mentioned the judges name.

I suspect it was either Judge Witt or Judge van der Brink who signed the original search warrant.  The search at the Slots was on  6-15-05.

JUDGES -

Rick Smid  – Reportedly a friend of PVDS who stayed at VDS home.  Judge who released J2K in September 2005.  Dutch judge in Curacao.  As a public prosecutor in the NL, participated in the Carribean Financial Task Force as expert on money laundering.

Dick van den Brink  - Curacao criminal judge, Judge of Instruction, 6-12-05 who extended custody of J2K.  Released Johns & Jones(?)

Luis de Lannoy  - President of the Common Court of Appeals of Justice of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba.

Judge J.S. Kuiperdal  – JOI with Jones & Johns, extended custody

Bob Witt  – Dutch Judge ruled on 6-17-05 that Paulus van der  Sloot cannot visit Prime Suspect J. Sloot in jail, but that Joran’s Mother may do so (and she did on 6-18). Extended J2K  custody on 6-17-05, and OK’d the transfer to KIA.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.