March 19, 2024, 12:19:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christine Sheddy Discussion #1 (Remains Found 2/19/10)  (Read 385413 times)
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #600 on: September 17, 2009, 07:01:53 PM »

Sister-
Good Find.

There was also a chicken house fire in Parsonsburg in April, 2009 I believe, declared arson. So what were they doing with the fuel?
Thats alot of fuel.
B
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #601 on: September 17, 2009, 08:24:12 PM »

Sister-
Good Find.

There was also a chicken house fire in Parsonsburg in April, 2009 I believe, declared arson. So what were they doing with the fuel?
Thats alot of fuel.
B

According to court documents, suspect Ray Lewis and one of his construction employees stole fuel from the county landfill three to four times a week during the past year. Court documents show that the employee stated that on most occasions 300 gallons of fuel were taken but there were times when as much as 500 gallons were taken in one trip.

There is no way Lewis needed this much fuel in one week.  This is definitely a follow the money situation.
I also read that some of the fuel taken was not usuable in vehicles -- so then, where would one sell convertible fuel?
I have no idea all of the items the Westover salvage company deals in -- I do know the Westover salvage company has to "give" back stuff (alas, it was stolen) a lot.  Commercial theft -- metals, etc. go to Westover to sell it.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #602 on: September 17, 2009, 08:39:09 PM »

Sister-
Good Find.

Thats alot of fuel.
B
There are photos, I just don't know how to bring them here, sorry.

http://www.parsonsburgfire.com/gallery.cfm?id=155&pos=11
Working Chicken House Fire
Mt. Hermon Road - Parsonsburg
At 2309 hrs, Stations 6, 7 (Pittsville), & 11 (Powellville) were alerted for a chicken house fire on Mt. Hermon Rd. in the area of Forest Grove Rd. As units were enroute, 619 (Captain Foreman) arrived on scene POV and confirmed a working fire. Command 6 arrived and 617 (A/C Tyler) established command and advised units to operate defensively. Command assigned each of the first 3 engines to drop a supply line at the end of the driveway and lay in with E605 to the "D" side, E/T703 to the "A" side, and E1103 to the "C" side. Upon arrival, RE604 was sent to the "B" side. Tankers 608 and 1101 established water supply. A cover-up for station 6 was immediately requested from Sta.74 (Delmar) and an engine from Station 8 (Willards) was transferred to Sta.7. As crews went to work, they discovered that the chicken house was being used for multiple purposes and found an extreme fire load inside. Water Supply (616 - Dep. Chief Rickards) requested additional tankers to the scene. E707 was sent to draft to fill tankers at a site about 1 1/2 miles west of the fire scene. The fire was placed under control at 0038 hrs with all units still working on extensive overhaul. Due to the materials inside the strucure, a request was made for the Sussex County, DE foam trailer from Sta.77 (Georgetown) to respond. The cause of the fire is under investigation by the Maryland State Fire Marshall's Office. One firefighter from Parsonsburg was transported to PRMC for a minor injury. The firefighter was treated and released prior to units clearing the scene. The final units left the scene at 0334 hrs.
Units On Scene: Parsonsburg - Command 6, E605, RE604, T608, PMB6, TC6

Pittsville - E/T703, E707, R7, B7

Powellville - E1103, T1101

Willards - T8

Delmar - E/T74-2, T74-5

Salsibury - E/T 1-1, Utility 1, Air Light 2

Gumboro (Sussex County, DE) - T79-3

Georgetown (Sussex County, DE) - Utility 77-9 & Foam Trailer

MSFMO, MSP, Parsonsburg VFC Auxilliary (Rehab)

Cover-Up Assignments:

Sta.6 - E301 & T305 (Fruitland)

Sta.7 - E801, Utility 8 (Willards) & T88 (Selbyville, DE)

Sta.8 - T605 (Berlin)

We would like to thank all companies and personnel that responded to this incident and worked to save some of the valuable property stored in the building. The rural water supply operation was seamless, other than one minor flaw in the beginning of the incident, water supply was never lost and a total of 50,000 (+-) gallons of water was shuttled to the scene.

***Update April 23, 2009*** According to www.delmarvanow.com , the Maryland State Fire Marshall's Office has determined the cause of this fire to be arson.

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #603 on: September 17, 2009, 08:48:22 PM »

Wow..with all those fire units responding that is one huge fire.

I am at a loss to explain the connections right now..but I bet the Worcester Deputy Fire Marshall knows about this...and more? I mean it is the next county..and even Delware looks like it responded if I read the units right.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #604 on: September 17, 2009, 08:55:51 PM »

Wow..with all those fire units responding that is one huge fire.

I am at a loss to explain the connections right now..but I bet the Worcester Deputy Fire Marshall knows about this...and more? I mean it is the next county..and even Delware looks like it responded if I read the units right.

GypsyDD, it looks like they had the foam truck -- now, what kind of materials need foam to put them out.  The report said the chicken house was used for multiple things, wonder what that was?

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #605 on: September 17, 2009, 09:54:11 PM »

Sister another question I have..with all these arson fires in the area, particularily chicken houses..who owned them?  Were they abandoned on rented property?  Who was using them to store ? in?  Did the owners want a payoff from insurance..or did the renters just need the  storage and someone else decided to make the storage go poof?  There is alot to question here.  It almost seems like retaliation in a war of sorts between people in the same underhanded and criminal enterprise.  What as in those chicken houses that was worth the risk of burning them to the ground?

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #606 on: September 17, 2009, 10:08:36 PM »

Sister another question I have..with all these arson fires in the area, particularily chicken houses..who owned them?  Were they abandoned on rented property?  Who was using them to store ? in?  Did the owners want a payoff from insurance..or did the renters just need the  storage and someone else decided to make the storage go poof?  There is alot to question here.  It almost seems like retaliation in a war of sorts between people in the same underhanded and criminal enterprise.  What as in those chicken houses that was worth the risk of burning them to the ground?

There are hundreds of chickens houses that are no longer being used as chicken houses.  The olders ones no longer meet the standards required by the buyers like Perdue and Tyson.  The buyers will usually finance the newer chicken houses as that increases production.  Many of these old ones are abandoned.  I can't imagine that a chicken house is worth very much as most of the time usuable equipment has already been removed.  There are no floors, no glass windows, just sides and of course, the old tin roof.  Frequently, the chicken houses are not close to roads, not a lot of neighbors, etc. so they could be used for a variety of legal and non-legal things, including a party house, a drug manufacturing place, etc.  If you were going to steal something out of one or off of one, they generally burn down quickly.  Many of these old chicken farms no longer operate as the farmers' kids don't want to do this kind of work.  It requires 24/7 when you have birds and to really make any money, you need to have birds almost year round.  The chicken business is not as profitable as it once was, due in part to many things including getting rid of the litter (chicken poo) because of all the environmental issues, being so close to the Chesapeake Bay and Wicomico River and others tributaries.

Seashed
Scared Monkey

« Reply #607 on: September 18, 2009, 01:42:39 AM »

Hey Kids, My first post.

You are talking chicken houses. I worked for Foster Farms in California after High School, before joining the Air Force. We were a small crew and we did maintenance on the buildings all up and down the Valley.

Chicken houses are away from roads and high noise areas because chickens scare very VERY easly. The houses are generally 50' to 75' wide and anywhere from 300' to 600' long. Floors are dirt, outside walls are corrugated tin.

The construction of the houses I worked with went something like this. Outside walls are approximately 8' high. Now, from the ground up to about 3' was corrugated tin, then about 3' of open air with chicken wire, then the remaing 2' or so was back to corrugated tin up to the beggining of the roof. The open air part of the wall ran from the front to back all open to air on both sides. I do beleive that behind the tin was plywood wall. The floors were dirt covered with rice hull soaked in ammonia.

At the front of the house was a large silo filled with chicken feed that had an auger which lead to a trough that circled the center of the house. There was a motor that ran a metal conveyor belt in the trough to move the chicken feed around the inside center of the house. The open are chicken wire covered openings had a nylon canvas curtain that could be raised or lowered by hand using a crank attached to cables and pullies for cooling or keeping heat inside for winter and mounted on the outside of the house. Roof centerline was approximatley 15' or so inside.

The nylon canvas curtain on the outside requires constant maintenance because of weathering. If one were to convert one of these houses over for storage it would take quite a bit of work. If one were to use these for something else like whatever etc. they would be just about perfect as is. Plenty of ventalation and nasty smells from the rice hull and ammonia (even well after the rice hull is removed) to cover up whatever. And no matter what, they are extremely flammable structures. Lots of dust.

Hate to give away my age, but this was like 30 years ago. I do not know if the houses we are dealing with here are very much the same or not but a chicken is a chicken no matter where you live. Doubt if anything about construction will help you as to what other uses a chicken house may be used for but there ya go. I hope it does help.

Remember these measurements are approximates not blue print specifications.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #608 on: September 18, 2009, 08:49:35 AM »

Hey Kids, My first post.

You are talking chicken houses. I worked for Foster Farms in California after High School, before joining the Air Force. We were a small crew and we did maintenance on the buildings all up and down the Valley.

Chicken houses are away from roads and high noise areas because chickens scare very VERY easly. The houses are generally 50' to 75' wide and anywhere from 300' to 600' long. Floors are dirt, outside walls are corrugated tin.

The construction of the houses I worked with went something like this. Outside walls are approximately 8' high. Now, from the ground up to about 3' was corrugated tin, then about 3' of open air with chicken wire, then the remaing 2' or so was back to corrugated tin up to the beggining of the roof. The open air part of the wall ran from the front to back all open to air on both sides. I do beleive that behind the tin was plywood wall. The floors were dirt covered with rice hull soaked in ammonia.

At the front of the house was a large silo filled with chicken feed that had an auger which lead to a trough that circled the center of the house. There was a motor that ran a metal conveyor belt in the trough to move the chicken feed around the inside center of the house. The open are chicken wire covered openings had a nylon canvas curtain that could be raised or lowered by hand using a crank attached to cables and pullies for cooling or keeping heat inside for winter and mounted on the outside of the house. Roof centerline was approximatley 15' or so inside.

The nylon canvas curtain on the outside requires constant maintenance because of weathering. If one were to convert one of these houses over for storage it would take quite a bit of work. If one were to use these for something else like whatever etc. they would be just about perfect as is. Plenty of ventalation and nasty smells from the rice hull and ammonia (even well after the rice hull is removed) to cover up whatever. And no matter what, they are extremely flammable structures. Lots of dust.

Hate to give away my age, but this was like 30 years ago. I do not know if the houses we are dealing with here are very much the same or not but a chicken is a chicken no matter where you live. Doubt if anything about construction will help you as to what other uses a chicken house may be used for but there ya go. I hope it does help.

Remember these measurements are approximates not blue print specifications.

Seashed, I'm with you -- around here most of the walls are plywood.  But the tin like you are mentioning would certainly add to the recycle value.  The dimensions are basically the same and you are so right about the location as the birds are extremely flighty and will crowd in a corner and suffocate.  And oh yeah, the fires burn hot, fast because of the dust.
Welcome to the posting world.

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #609 on: September 18, 2009, 11:57:48 AM »

Seashed:    Good first post.

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #610 on: September 18, 2009, 03:16:56 PM »

Seashed:    Good first post.

DITTO!!  Welcome Seashed   

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Seashed
Scared Monkey

« Reply #611 on: September 18, 2009, 07:22:17 PM »

Thank you guys.

I am new to this web surfing, comment posting, high tech good stuff and I have one question ..... How do you guys get that cool little picture under your name on the left hand side ????
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #612 on: September 18, 2009, 07:32:39 PM »

Thank you guys.

I am new to this web surfing, comment posting, high tech good stuff and I have one question ..... How do you guys get that cool little picture under your name on the left hand side ????
Seashed, for mine I went to the thread titled "Monkey Lounge" and clicked under Brandi avatar's and she made it for me.  I know she is away until I think Sunday.  Also, a monkey named CBB has a thread there as well and also does beautiful work.  I had a bird for a while, but now have a photo of my dog.  They will help you discover your "inner" self through your avatar.

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #613 on: September 18, 2009, 07:48:31 PM »

Thank you guys.

Hugs Seashed! Wonderful to see you in the cage.

Do you want to have your own pic? I can help with that.
B
Seashed
Scared Monkey

« Reply #614 on: September 19, 2009, 02:22:41 AM »

Hi B, Hugs to you too and your team for all your work. I noticed it was quiet this evening so I stepped away from the key board and did some relaxing in front of the tube for awhile, and a change.

Have been keeping up with all three sites and throwing e-mails all over the country  all week. Yes, I would like a pic up here. I have one I can e-mail you. It is a beautiful picture of Europe at night. I have your e-mail address, I asked Lynn for it.

I'll send it shortly. Thanks. Afterwords I think I'll call it a night. It's been a long hard week with many frustrations and I'm glad the week is done. "See" you tommorrow.

Seashed
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #615 on: September 19, 2009, 06:31:41 AM »

Welcome Seashed -- I am happy to see you here.  We are all praying for Christine and her whole family.  This is a great place and lots of great Monkeys.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #616 on: September 19, 2009, 09:45:06 AM »

Hi B, Hugs to you too and your team for all your work. I noticed it was quiet this evening so I stepped away from the key board and did some relaxing in front of the tube for awhile, and a change.

Have been keeping up with all three sites and throwing e-mails all over the country  all week. Yes, I would like a pic up here. I have one I can e-mail you. It is a beautiful picture of Europe at night. I have your e-mail address, I asked Lynn for it.

I'll send it shortly. Thanks. Afterwords I think I'll call it a night. It's been a long hard week with many frustrations and I'm glad the week is done. "See" you tommorrow.

Seashed

I forwarded it to Klaasend my friend, SM admin and asked her to upload it for you. She is on left coast time.
Hang In.
Seashed
Scared Monkey

« Reply #617 on: September 19, 2009, 01:56:12 PM »

Good morning Monkeys

First - Thank You Klaasend for my pic.

Second - Stephanie of the Tattler has an article on the tat about Joe Cline, author of the book "A Grain of Salt". I was wondering if some of you could provide some insight for her?

Third - I sent an e-mail to Stephanie this morning. I then forwarded it on to blink. They both know what I am up to. I do not wish anything about this to be seen on any of these sites for now. "Other Eyes" are also "watching" (Hey, I'm military minded, classified info, tippity top secret and all that). Really sorry to keep you guys in the dark, really. If I get where I need to be, all involved will understand (I hope). If anyone figures out what it is, please - mums the word. I will keep blink and Stephanie posted.

Fourth - For 2 years I have watched Lynn and family get insulted, slapped in the face, spit on, and bashed while I sat quietly in the background and watched - all at the expense of our daughters reputation. For years I always thought there was nothing worse than a mad mom trying to find a missing child. I was wrong, there is one thing worse ... A Pissed off Pop trying to find his ONLY CHILD (daddy's girl). I am that pop and Christine was that girl. And I'm tired of sitting. No more silence. No more gloves. I seek the jugular.

Please be patient and don't be suprised if it takes awhile. Godspeed to all.

Thanks guys
Seashed

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #618 on: September 19, 2009, 07:52:37 PM »

Welcome Seashed -- I am happy to see you here.  We are all praying for Christine and her whole family.  This is a great place and lots of great Monkeys.

Ditto..happy to have you here Sheshed.  Blink and her team are the best..so we know you are in good hands.  Soon your daughter will be coming home...as Blink says.."In Gods time".

Peace and hugs,
Gypsy DD

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #619 on: September 19, 2009, 08:04:14 PM »

Seashed..if I was in your position..maybe what I would do is try to contact Joe Cline myself.  It seems on the Tattler site they are few comments..but already divided between he's a good ole boy and he knows what happened in this case.  I think the Tattler is only going to give you two extremes'..only Joe Cline knows his own involvement and why he wrote the book.  That's where I would start.  The only thing that can happen is he refuses to talk to you.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.