April 25, 2024, 01:52:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "WELCOME TO JSM'S BEGGING FOR BANNING THREAD #3  (Read 815527 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1540 on: August 17, 2009, 12:25:25 PM »

So that is Mythology that the young man was talking about in the note? I don't know nothing about that stuff at all. Online gaming, are you talking about the games that kids play, those complex, never in a million years would I have the patience or brains to play?
World of Warcraft, is what a girl here at work is telling me kids play and it has like ancient elf like war game. So this might be what he was into. I am just guessing. It is so sad about this poor child and his family.
Thanks, never heard of that, but then I don't play those games, Mario Brothers and Pacman that has been it    Very sad  an angelic monkey

I hear you NoRose.I like Crash Bandicoot,and I like to play Under The Knife.I like doing pretend surgery.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1541 on: August 17, 2009, 12:27:07 PM »

O.K.,JSM,my friend's grandson said something in that ote he left about Thor and the hammer...
"Mjollnir".He wanted that on his headstone.     I am so confused.I don't get into all that stuff.I wonder if he was into some kind of online gaming?
I think he had written part of his letter in what ever language they used.
Would that be some kind of Greek or Scandinavian?
anyway,I gotta walk the devil dog.BRB.   
Thor is a Norse god of thunder I think and Mjollnir is the hammer the threw and it flew back to him after he threw it. I think, don't quote me. My mythology brain is always confused between the greeks, romans and norse. I don't understand why he would want that on his tombstone. It may have to do with online gaming.

Thanks.I looked up a little on it.I wouldn't put any of that stuff on his headstone for fear of young people finding it intriguing.Makes my head hurt.Hubby knows more about all that stuff.
Too deep for my pea brain right now.
I really wish we would get an update on Caylee.It's so quiet. 
It is so sad for your friend. I still don't know why he would want it on his headstone.

Boy's daddy said he!! no about the headstone.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1542 on: August 17, 2009, 12:28:18 PM »

So that is Mythology that the young man was talking about in the note? I don't know nothing about that stuff at all. Online gaming, are you talking about the games that kids play, those complex, never in a million years would I have the patience or brains to play?
World of Warcraft, is what a girl here at work is telling me kids play and it has like ancient elf like war game. So this might be what he was into. I am just guessing. It is so sad about this poor child and his family.

That was one of the games.I can't just blame it on a game.
He needed help.
I never let the kids near my computer unsupervised .You have to watch them all the time.
Music, games, movies, books. If there is something wrong mentally already I do believe it can push you over. But the vast majority of people don't have these things affect them and it leads to violence or death. There was some help he needed, and he unfortunately went into his own world. The guilt his friend and family must have, I can't imagine, but sometimes, there is just nothing that will help some people.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1543 on: August 17, 2009, 12:29:34 PM »

An Afghan bill allowing a husband to starve his wife if she refuses to have sex has been published in the official gazette and become law.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8204207.stm

Good morning JSM and all others---So, an Afgan man can starve his wife.  Add to that beat, mutilate and enslave.  Those are the people we are fighting for.  IMO 5,000 of them are not worth one of our brave service men and women.  I know we have to stay there and I know we can't just stop what was started.  I know that the Taliban harbored the terrorists and Osama.  Still, this culture, IMO, is not worth our sacrifice and they will never change.
They passed this "law" to appease the Taliban before the presidential election. The sad thing is, this culture is creeping faster into our country little by little. It has already taken over the UK. 

It certainly has.  I went to Christmas services at Canterbury Cathedral a couple of years ago and a few days later, the Archbishop of Canterbury who had conducted the service announced that he thought it was inevitable that the UK institute Sharia Law.  On that site where the old lady in Lexington refuses to remove the American flag from her front yard someone said they flew the "Moslem" flag (I didn't know there was one, just Moslem country flags) in Lexington and no one objected. I was sitting on a park bench in Kensington gardens and a woman came by in a burka, looking like a walking bottle. They are all over the West End.  I couldn't help laughing, but luckily the thought police there didn't arrest me.  In Tesco, a large grocery chain, they actually have these nutty women as cashiers. There is a law there that you can't say anything which might offend them.  There is a bill in the US Senate which would make it illegal for Christian church ministers to preach sermons criticizing homosexual life style.  I don't actually care what gays do, but I object to the US Government violating our First Amendment rights.  I got an email from a conservative group about our Dear Leader wanting to call a Constitution Congress for what purpose no one knows, but if it is called by Congress, the states have no input.  Apparently states can call for Congress to do that, and they are only two states short. I haven't checked this out, it was just in an email received, but it won't surprise me. If they do that.  Once they get their hands on our Constitution, welcome to North Korea.

About the "Public Option?"  First they will, then they won't, then they will, then they won't.  "Public Option" is just another way of saying "Socialized medicine" and Congressmen must refer to it as "Public Option" in their franked mail to their constituents or the mail won't go through.  I wonder if people who voted for him now regret it.  Actually, I don't know anyone who will admit voting for him.

I can honestly say I don't know anyone who voted for him.If they did,they aren't telling me about it.     

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1544 on: August 17, 2009, 12:31:50 PM »

O.K.,JSM,my friend's grandson said something in that ote he left about Thor and the hammer...
"Mjollnir".He wanted that on his headstone.     I am so confused.I don't get into all that stuff.I wonder if he was into some kind of online gaming?
I think he had written part of his letter in what ever language they used.
Would that be some kind of Greek or Scandinavian?
anyway,I gotta walk the devil dog.BRB.   
Thor is a Norse god of thunder I think and Mjollnir is the hammer the threw and it flew back to him after he threw it. I think, don't quote me. My mythology brain is always confused between the greeks, romans and norse. I don't understand why he would want that on his tombstone. It may have to do with online gaming.

Thanks.I looked up a little on it.I wouldn't put any of that stuff on his headstone for fear of young people finding it intriguing.Makes my head hurt.Hubby knows more about all that stuff.
Too deep for my pea brain right now.
I really wish we would get an update on Caylee.It's so quiet. 
It is so sad for your friend. I still don't know why he would want it on his headstone.

Boy's daddy said he!! no about the headstone.   
This is one of those things, where you want to do what is right, and you want to do what the child wanted, I would have to say that I also would not want to put that on a headstone, I sure wouldn't want that decision.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1545 on: August 17, 2009, 12:33:01 PM »

Yes.I just talked to my friend and then I talked to hubby again.
This young man was heavy into online gaming.I think his fascination was in the fact that he was a real history buff.Very intelligent.He was big into wars,and weapons and such.
He had written some notes to his best friend.The best friend had put them up.They were very hard to decipher because the language was so old.Yesterday the best friend finally got some help with them.There were references to death in them.These were written a year ago.
This young man had problems,big time.
People play games everyday and survive,you know?I think the gameing came into play because of being shy and maybe not fitting in.A psychiatrist told the family sometimes your brain goes places and it just doesn't come back.
His best friend said suicide was threatened at least three times.Now the friend is left with the guilt of not telling the parents.It is very sad.
There is no understanding taking your own life.The child needed help.   

That is so so sad that the friend didn't tell the parents sooner and they could have gotten the poor child some help. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1546 on: August 17, 2009, 12:34:15 PM »

Babybear very interesting. I do know many people that voted for Obama, and my youngest daughter admitted she made a mistake. Other than that, I don't know, I will never bring up politics with people other than here and my family  I get too emotional and say things I shouldn't and then sound just crazy.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1547 on: August 17, 2009, 12:34:50 PM »

That was one of the games.I can't just blame it on a game.
He needed help.
I never let the kids near my computer unsupervised .You have to watch them all the time.
Music, games, movies, books. If there is something wrong mentally already I do believe it can push you over. But the vast majority of people don't have these things affect them and it leads to violence or death. There was some help he needed, and he unfortunately went into his own world. The guilt his friend and family must have, I can't imagine, but sometimes, there is just nothing that will help some people.

True NoRose.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1548 on: August 17, 2009, 12:40:04 PM »

This young man was heavy into online gaming.I think his fascination was in the fact that he was a real history buff.Very intelligent.He was big into wars,and weapons and such.
He had written some notes to his best friend.The best friend had put them up.They were very hard to decipher because the language was so old.Yesterday the best friend finally got some help with them.There were references to death in them.These were written a year ago.
People play games everyday and survive,you know?I think the gameing came into play because of being shy and maybe not fitting in.A psychiatrist told the family sometimes your brain goes places and it just doesn't come back.
His best friend said suicide was threatened at least three times.Now the friend is left with the guilt of not telling the parents.It is very sad.

That is so so sad that the friend didn't tell the parents sooner and they could have gotten the poor child some help. 

Ahh,the teenage mindset.They think we old timers don't understand being young.Then,you know they don't want to betray a trust. Sad.
I can remember being young and having one girlfriend who started seeming a little different.Heck,I told my dad she was acting crazy as he!!.
She wasn't my friend much longer after that,but she was alive.    an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1549 on: August 17, 2009, 12:42:08 PM »

An Afghan bill allowing a husband to starve his wife if she refuses to have sex has been published in the official gazette and become law.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8204207.stm

Good morning JSM and all others---So, an Afgan man can starve his wife.  Add to that beat, mutilate and enslave.  Those are the people we are fighting for.  IMO 5,000 of them are not worth one of our brave service men and women.  I know we have to stay there and I know we can't just stop what was started.  I know that the Taliban harbored the terrorists and Osama.  Still, this culture, IMO, is not worth our sacrifice and they will never change.
They passed this "law" to appease the Taliban before the presidential election. The sad thing is, this culture is creeping faster into our country little by little. It has already taken over the UK. 

It certainly has.  I went to Christmas services at Canterbury Cathedral a couple of years ago and a few days later, the Archbishop of Canterbury who had conducted the service announced that he thought it was inevitable that the UK institute Sharia Law.  On that site where the old lady in Lexington refuses to remove the American flag from her front yard someone said they flew the "Moslem" flag (I didn't know there was one, just Moslem country flags) in Lexington and no one objected. I was sitting on a park bench in Kensington gardens and a woman came by in a burka, looking like a walking bottle. They are all over the West End.  I couldn't help laughing, but luckily the thought police there didn't arrest me.  In Tesco, a large grocery chain, they actually have these nutty women as cashiers. There is a law there that you can't say anything which might offend them.  There is a bill in the US Senate which would make it illegal for Christian church ministers to preach sermons criticizing homosexual life style.  I don't actually care what gays do, but I object to the US Government violating our First Amendment rights.  I got an email from a conservative group about our Dear Leader wanting to call a Constitution Congress for what purpose no one knows, but if it is called by Congress, the states have no input.  Apparently states can call for Congress to do that, and they are only two states short. I haven't checked this out, it was just in an email received, but it won't surprise me. If they do that.  Once they get their hands on our Constitution, welcome to North Korea.

About the "Public Option?"  First they will, then they won't, then they will, then they won't.  "Public Option" is just another way of saying "Socialized medicine" and Congressmen must refer to it as "Public Option" in their franked mail to their constituents or the mail won't go through.  I wonder if people who voted for him now regret it.  Actually, I don't know anyone who will admit voting for him.
Babybear, the UK and Europe has become Islamacised. I fly the Cross of St George on my balcony during the World Cup. I'm sure it pizzes off some of my neighbors, but I really don't care. Why is it just Christian preachers can't preach about homosexuality, but Islam can preach hate of them? Is it just free speech for some and not for others? Sometimes I wish Texas would be its own country again. J/K I am a proud american!

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1550 on: August 17, 2009, 12:43:30 PM »

Terror's Top Targets

With the reported death of Baitullah Mehsud, the Taliban's commander in Pakistan, and with Al Qaeda under intense pressure and in "deathly fear" of U.S. counterterrorism efforts, the war on terror has been given a major boost in recent months. Usama bin Laden's son, Saad bin Laden, is also believed to have been killed in a U.S. airstrike in Pakistan earlier this year.

FOXNews.com takes a look at some of terror's top targets in the wake of the high-profile kills in Pakistan's tribal areas.

Usama bin Laden

Usama bin Laden, known as Al Qaeda's "Director" or "The Prince," is wanted in connection with the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon that killed nearly 3,000 people. Bin Laden is also wanted for the 1998 bombings of the U.S. Embassies in Tanzania and Kenya, which killed 224 civilians and wounded more than 5,000 others. Born in Saudi Arabia in 1957, bin Laden is thought to wear a full beard and moustache and walks with a cane. Combined rewards of $27 million are offered for information leading to his apprehension and conviction. Bin Laden and his top deputies are thought to be hiding in tribal areas in or around Afghanistan and Pakistan.
<snipped>
http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/2009/08/13/terrors-targets/

~ Peter Frampton
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1551 on: August 17, 2009, 12:44:31 PM »

Ahh,the teenage mindset.They think we old timers don't understand being young.Then,you know they don't want to betray a trust. Sad.
I can remember being young and having one girlfriend who started seeming a little different.Heck,I told my dad she was acting crazy as he!!.
She wasn't my friend much longer after that,but she was alive.    an angelic monkey
I forget about being a teenager. It was depressing. If one of my friends would have told me they thought of suicide, I would betray their trust.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1552 on: August 17, 2009, 12:48:34 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cq/20090817/pl_cq_politics/politics3191976
Some Obama Promises Must Wait
  By Adriel Bettelheim, CQ Staff Adriel Bettelheim, Cq Staff   – Mon Aug 17, 6:14 am ET

President Obama sounded a bit like a weary air traffic controller on Aug. 10, when he was quizzed during a three-way summit with leaders from Mexico and Canada about a promised overhaul of U.S. immigration laws.

"I've got a lot on my plate, and it's very important for us to sequence these big initiatives in a way where they don't all just crash at the same time," the president said in response to a reporter's question.

While Obama said he expects Congress to send draft legislation his way later this year, the issue, at least for the moment, has been relegated to the back burner.
<snipped.

~ Peter Frampton
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1553 on: August 17, 2009, 12:55:28 PM »

By Adriel Bettelheim, CQ Staff Adriel Bettelheim, Cq Staff   – Mon Aug 17, 6:14 am ET

President Obama sounded a bit like a weary air traffic controller on Aug. 10, when he was quizzed during a three-way summit with leaders from Mexico and Canada about a promised overhaul of U.S. immigration laws.

"I've got a lot on my plate, and it's very important for us to sequence these big initiatives in a way where they don't all just crash at the same time," the president said in response to a reporter's question.

While Obama said he expects Congress to send draft legislation his way later this year, the issue, at least for the moment, has been relegated to the back burner.
<snipped.

I am sick of his dog and pony show Trimm. BO makes my head hurt! 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1554 on: August 17, 2009, 01:00:18 PM »

The teenage years were very depressing for me, but if one of my friends was speaking about suicide I would have said something, but who knows what was going through this friend's head? My hope is this friend gets some professional help to get somewhat through all of this, I pray he can, and for the family as well if they need some help. But again not everyone wants professional help, to be honest some of the doctors I've seen over the many years for mental help, were anything but help. Sometimes it is better to work things out by ones self or friends or family. That is why Trimm you visiting your friend like you are is probably helping way more than a doctor  an angelic monkey
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1555 on: August 17, 2009, 01:16:38 PM »

<snipped.

I am sick of his dog and pony show Trimm. BO makes my head hurt! 

My head really does hurt.    I am so frustrated right now.I would love to see someone send O's dog and pony home.   

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1556 on: August 17, 2009, 01:17:03 PM »

The teenage years were very depressing for me, but if one of my friends was speaking about suicide I would have said something, but who knows what was going through this friend's head? My hope is this friend gets some professional help to get somewhat through all of this, I pray he can, and for the family as well if they need some help. But again not everyone wants professional help, to be honest some of the doctors I've seen over the many years for mental help, were anything but help. Sometimes it is better to work things out by ones self or friends or family. That is why Trimm you visiting your friend like you are is probably helping way more than a doctor  an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1557 on: August 17, 2009, 01:20:57 PM »

What about Casey and the tattoo.Are we gonna hear anything else about that?
Are we to believe that the A's have given up on seeking media attention?We need some news. 

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1558 on: August 17, 2009, 01:23:18 PM »

Are we to believe that the A's have given up on seeking media attention?We need some news. 

Isn't there a court appearance for Casey this week? The 20 or 21st.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1559 on: August 17, 2009, 01:50:11 PM »

Isn't there a court appearance for Casey this week? The 20 or 21st.

Yep,I think it's the 21st.I just can't stand no news days.

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.