May 01, 2024, 03:39:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "WELCOME TO JSM'S BEGGING FOR BANNING THREAD #3  (Read 819206 times)
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5560 on: September 06, 2009, 08:49:19 PM »

Just getting caught up.  Weekend has not gone the way I was hoping. 

No Rose - sorry to hear your walls are taking so long.  I got a call from my Mom on Sat that she could not hold her toilet together with duct tape anymore, what did I suggest?  Well the weekend has been spent renovating her bathroom, new toilet, new subfloor, new lino, change in plumbing, reinforcing the joists.  Good thing I have two older boys who are not scared of work and came to our rescue as the project was too big for hubbies back and they did all the heavy lifting, bending etc while he directed them.  We managed to gut her bathroom except for the tub and tiles and redo it in two days.

I did not get my potates dug but did mange to get my Mom's carrots out.  Holy carrots!  They are huge this year, we were breaking them off trying to get them out.  Surprised they are not woody and very tasty.   I was up till midnight last night blanching them for her.  And.......she has ripe tomatoes!  Yippie....I have a box full of vine ripe tomatoes!  I am such a happy and sore and tired person, but have tasty matters!
i can only imagine how big the rabbits that eat those carrots are.

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5561 on: September 06, 2009, 08:54:56 PM »

No Rose - sorry to hear your walls are taking so long.  I got a call from my Mom on Sat that she could not hold her toilet together with duct tape anymore, what did I suggest?  Well the weekend has been spent renovating her bathroom, new toilet, new subfloor, new lino, change in plumbing, reinforcing the joists.  Good thing I have two older boys who are not scared of work and came to our rescue as the project was too big for hubbies back and they did all the heavy lifting, bending etc while he directed them.  We managed to gut her bathroom except for the tub and tiles and redo it in two days.

I did not get my potates dug but did mange to get my Mom's carrots out.  Holy carrots!  They are huge this year, we were breaking them off trying to get them out.  Surprised they are not woody and very tasty.   I was up till midnight last night blanching them for her.  And.......she has ripe tomatoes!  Yippie....I have a box full of vine ripe tomatoes!  I am such a happy and sore and tired person, but have tasty matters!
WOW, look at all those tomatoes and they are huge. I can't believe the size of the carrots either. Sorry about your mom's bathroom. At least y'all were able to fix it for her instead of calling in a repairman.

I guess y'all don't have a holiday tomorrow do you?

We do have a holiday tomorrow.  I get to catch up on laundry and do homework with the kids as we have been gone for two days.  I was not sure how to show how huge the carrots were.  They were almost the same diameter as the water bottle which is why I put the water bottle there.

Hubby is very handy and does things right.  He gets so frustrated though as he just can not do the stuff like that anymore.  I was so happy the older two dropped their long weekend plans to help their grandma and stepdad.  They made me very proud this weekend and my mom can relax that she has a functional bathroom on the main level.  For some time now every time we went over there she always told us to use the bathroom downstairs.  I thought is was because she did not want the grandkids to see what she had in her bathroom like her denture stuff etc.  Now I find out she has held the toilet together with duct tape for two years.  Go figure!

If you want a laugh, one of the boys had to crawl up in the attic to make sure the vent from the bathroom was still together after they moved some of the plumbing around.  He goes up there and says "Grandma there is a suitcase up here".  My Mom and I look at each other like    as we still have not found all of my Dad's guns since he passed.  So I blurt out, maybe you found Grandpa's handguns.  Well my Mom looks horrified and my son tells us when he shakes the suitcase there is something in it and it sounds like metal.  I ask him how big the suitcase is and he responds " big enough to hold a head".  I just about lost it laughing.  No handguns, just some old fold-em travel hangers.  We had to cut the suitcase open as the zippers would not work anymore as they got wet somewhere along the line and rusted shut.

I want to clarify about the head comment.  My dad was a hunter and got his game stuffed and mounted.  My mom still has antlers, stuffed animals, and heads on her walls.  She can not find it in herself to take them down as it was so much part of who my Dad was.  The head comment cracked me up as we know how much she wants to take his game down and if we found another one she would have put it up to honour him.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #5562 on: September 06, 2009, 09:03:34 PM »

I made it back alive and everybody is gone.   
NR great veggies.They look so yummy.I was laughing so hard I was crying when I saw duct tape in your post.Bless your heart.
Hubby and SIL have been working on our truck,and it was like NoRose's story about painting the bedroom.....geez,get the part and get it fixed.No such luck.Had to order the part so tomorrow will be another mechanical, stick it up your but ,get out of here and go the the shop day.   Monkey Devil! I told hubby if he doesn't get well and go to work we will not be living in the same house.I am losing my mind.I swear there will be no covering on the floor from the fridge to the tv to the couch.     I think I need some nerve pills.
I have 3 door to access my house and at one point some one was using all of them today.It was like mice running through a maze.    I had to run around an lock all the doors but one.The dogs are exhausted.
I think I am going to drink until I pass out.   
If I were closer you could have one of my nerve pills. I know WTH just do it, all this da_n planning, and no JSM he only got one wall done, tomorrow I told him two more walls, while he is sitting there going I don't know if I can do two walls tomorrow  I hate to tell him this but two walls will be done if I have to stand over him until it gets done. He has so much dust from his sanding  Tomorrow he will have to unplug the computer to do the one wall, I said well fine but let's figure where it is going to get plugged in, the computer is in my daughter's room. OMG the duct tape, I love it, my husband is King of the duct tape. And your veggies Northern Rose look great    I hope you have a calmer day tomorrow Trimm, buy your hubby a little refridgerator and plop it by his chair, that way he won't have to get up from the chair  I think I will do that for my husband, he is up and down all the time too.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5563 on: September 06, 2009, 09:04:40 PM »

JSM,glad you have Joseff back at home.Bless his heart.   an angelic monkey
He probably needs a Xanax too.   
I'm gonna grab some cold ones and go to my son's old bedroom and watch some movies.
Nice and quiet.   
See you in the morning.   an angelic monkey Be sure and get some rest,and take your meds.

an angelic monkey Take care and unwind, see you in the morning.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5564 on: September 06, 2009, 09:09:35 PM »

Northern Rose happy your sons were able to fix the bathroom for your mom. I'm glad you clarified the head in the suitcase  Monkey Devil! You are a wonderful gardener 
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #5565 on: September 06, 2009, 09:09:41 PM »

I'm gonna grab some cold ones and go to my son's old bedroom and watch some movies.
Nice and quiet.   
See you in the morning.   an angelic monkey Be sure and get some rest,and take your meds.

You have a good evening Trimm. I hope you see the videos I posted after you left. I am somewhat glad to have Josef back, he is a handfull when I don't feel good.

Drink up and watch some good movies for me.  an angelic monkey

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5566 on: September 06, 2009, 09:11:15 PM »

Nice and quiet.   

You have a good evening Trimm. I hope you see the videos I posted after you left. I am somewhat glad to have Josef back, he is a handfull when I don't feel good.

Going up and down the stairs when you don't feel good is exhausting when all you want to do is probably collapse on the bed. Take your meds and try to get to bed early, if Josef lets you.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5567 on: September 06, 2009, 09:11:17 PM »

Northern Rose happy your sons were able to fix the bathroom for your mom. I'm glad you clarified the head in the suitcase  Monkey Devil! You are a wonderful gardener 

After I read the head comment I thought I had better clarify as it just sounded so wrong when it was really funny once you know the story behind his relationship with the local taxidermist.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5568 on: September 06, 2009, 09:14:29 PM »

WOW, look at all those tomatoes and they are huge. I can't believe the size of the carrots either. Sorry about your mom's bathroom. At least y'all were able to fix it for her instead of calling in a repairman.

We do have a holiday tomorrow.  I get to catch up on laundry and do homework with the kids as we have been gone for two days.  I was not sure how to show how huge the carrots were.  They were almost the same diameter as the water bottle which is why I put the water bottle there.

Hubby is very handy and does things right.  He gets so frustrated though as he just can not do the stuff like that anymore.  I was so happy the older two dropped their long weekend plans to help their grandma and stepdad.  They made me very proud this weekend and my mom can relax that she has a functional bathroom on the main level.  For some time now every time we went over there she always told us to use the bathroom downstairs.  I thought is was because she did not want the grandkids to see what she had in her bathroom like her denture stuff etc.  Now I find out she has held the toilet together with duct tape for two years.  Go figure!

If you want a laugh, one of the boys had to crawl up in the attic to make sure the vent from the bathroom was still together after they moved some of the plumbing around.  He goes up there and says "Grandma there is a suitcase up here".  My Mom and I look at each other like    as we still have not found all of my Dad's guns since he passed.  So I blurt out, maybe you found Grandpa's handguns.  Well my Mom looks horrified and my son tells us when he shakes the suitcase there is something in it and it sounds like metal.  I ask him how big the suitcase is and he responds " big enough to hold a head".  I just about lost it laughing.  No handguns, just some old fold-em travel hangers.  We had to cut the suitcase open as the zippers would not work anymore as they got wet somewhere along the line and rusted shut.
Glad you have a holiday tomorrow. It's sad that your mom didn't tell you all along she was gonna fall through the floor in the upstairs bathroom. She sounds just like my grandma, except her toilet did fall through the floor. THat's funny about the suitcase too. Too bad it was just hangers, not gold and silver coins.  Monkey Devil!

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5569 on: September 06, 2009, 09:18:16 PM »

I want to clarify about the head comment.  My dad was a hunter and got his game stuffed and mounted.  My mom still has antlers, stuffed animals, and heads on her walls.  She can not find it in herself to take them down as it was so much part of who my Dad was.  The head comment cracked me up as we know how much she wants to take his game down and if we found another one she would have put it up to honour him.
That's sweet that she won't take them down and she would put another one up to honor him.

My great aunt had a HUGE bucks head over her fireplace and at Christmas she put a red light on his nose. It creeped me out that Rudolf was over the mantle on not bringing me presents on Christmas eve. 

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5570 on: September 06, 2009, 09:20:24 PM »

Glad you have a holiday tomorrow. It's sad that your mom didn't tell you all along she was gonna fall through the floor in the upstairs bathroom. She sounds just like my grandma, except her toilet did fall through the floor. THat's funny about the suitcase too. Too bad it was just hangers, not gold and silver coins.  Monkey Devil!

I am surprised it did not fall through the floor.  The boys reinforced the joists and with the new sub floor it is better than it has been in who knows how long.

Coins never crossed my mind.  Tools and hunting were more what my dad was about.

Sorry to hear about Josef's tummy and gas.  Glad you are feeling  a bit better.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5571 on: September 06, 2009, 09:23:15 PM »

I made it back alive and everybody is gone.   
NR great veggies.They look so yummy.I was laughing so hard I was crying when I saw duct tape in your post.Bless your heart.
Hubby and SIL have been working on our truck,and it was like NoRose's story about painting the bedroom.....geez,get the part and get it fixed.No such luck.Had to order the part so tomorrow will be another mechanical, stick it up your but ,get out of here and go the the shop day.   Monkey Devil! I told hubby if he doesn't get well and go to work we will not be living in the same house.I am losing my mind.I swear there will be no covering on the floor from the fridge to the tv to the couch.     I think I need some nerve pills.
I have 3 door to access my house and at one point some one was using all of them today.It was like mice running through a maze.    I had to run around an lock all the doors but one.The dogs are exhausted.
I think I am going to drink until I pass out.   
If I were closer you could have one of my nerve pills. I know WTH just do it, all this da_n planning, and no JSM he only got one wall done, tomorrow I told him two more walls, while he is sitting there going I don't know if I can do two walls tomorrow  I hate to tell him this but two walls will be done if I have to stand over him until it gets done. He has so much dust from his sanding  Tomorrow he will have to unplug the computer to do the one wall, I said well fine but let's figure where it is going to get plugged in, the computer is in my daughter's room. OMG the duct tape, I love it, my husband is King of the duct tape. And your veggies Northern Rose look great    I hope you have a calmer day tomorrow Trimm, buy your hubby a little refridgerator and plop it by his chair, that way he won't have to get up from the chair  I think I will do that for my husband, he is up and down all the time too.
Sorry No Rose, I thought you meant he had three walls done today. I was amazed. I painted my mom's bedroom (for $$) not out of the kindess of my heart a few years ago. Vaulted ceilings, etc. So in between softball tournement and going to church, I had it done in two days. I still don't know how I did it that quick. Good luck tomorrow. If I were closer, I would come help.  JSM

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5572 on: September 06, 2009, 09:25:35 PM »

That's sweet that she won't take them down and she would put another one up to honor him.

My great aunt had a HUGE bucks head over her fireplace and at Christmas she put a red light on his nose. It creeped me out that Rudolf was over the mantle on not bringing me presents on Christmas eve. 

You walk into my Mom's back door and you see a set of antlers right in front of you.  You walk in the front door and there is a stuffed badger. Bear rug, head and all still on the floor in front of the fireplace.  Elk, whitetail deer and numerous fish are on walls throughout the house.  Over the bar in the basement - moose head!  Each one of them my Dad shot or caught at some point in his life.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5573 on: September 06, 2009, 09:28:07 PM »

Nice and quiet.   

My spidey senses must be working.I decided to look in before I turned off the laptop.
Boxer....you know I can't stand her.   Monkey Devil!

If I can find a few more cold beers I'll get started on her a new water source.       Let her monitor that. Nitey nite.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5574 on: September 06, 2009, 09:28:25 PM »

Nice and quiet.   

Going up and down the stairs when you don't feel good is exhausting when all you want to do is probably collapse on the bed. Take your meds and try to get to bed early, if Josef lets you.
I just got back in for the umpteenth time. When I picked him up, the girl in the lobby looked at me and asked "do you really want to get him today? He is in the playroom", I said yes, so I walked down the side walk to the where the playroom looks over the parking lot, he was asleep with his nose pressed up against the window. I bent down, tapped on it, he opened his eyes, was startled and first I thought he didn't recognize me. The he tried to claw his way through the window and would run back towards the door that leads outside, then back to the window. So even though I still didn't feel good, it made me feel better when I picked him up.

Now I am not tired and probably will have a hard time going to sleep. 

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5575 on: September 06, 2009, 09:30:18 PM »

Nice and quiet.   

My spidey senses must be working.I decided to look in before I turned off the laptop.
Boxer....you know I can't stand her.   Monkey Devil!

If I can find a few more cold beers I'll get started on her a new water source.       Let her monitor that. Nitey nite.   
I thought you would find that interesting. Nitey night. Keep the water flowing.  Monkey Devil!

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5576 on: September 06, 2009, 09:32:09 PM »

You walk into my Mom's back door and you see a set of antlers right in front of you.  You walk in the front door and there is a stuffed badger. Bear rug, head and all still on the floor in front of the fireplace.  Elk, whitetail deer and numerous fish are on walls throughout the house.  Over the bar in the basement - moose head!  Each one of them my Dad shot or caught at some point in his life.
It sounds so rustic and cool. I could never shoot a critter, but if I caught a guppy I would hang it on the wall. I can't catch a fish to save my life. 

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5577 on: September 06, 2009, 09:38:12 PM »

I am surprised it did not fall through the floor.  The boys reinforced the joists and with the new sub floor it is better than it has been in who knows how long.

Coins never crossed my mind.  Tools and hunting were more what my dad was about.

Sorry to hear about Josef's tummy and gas.  Glad you are feeling  a bit better.
Well I am just glad your mom finally said something and y'all were able to fix it.

We moved our office once and I found a briefcase that was clananking around. It was full of silver bars. It had something to do with olden day radiation equipment. Way before my time. If I wasn't the "good" person I am, I could have taken them and made about 1500 dollars, but they are still sitting in a closet at work. At least they better be there.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5578 on: September 06, 2009, 09:50:40 PM »

JSM if you lived closer I would take you up on the offer, maybe the two of us could get it done a lot faster, but at least the one wall looks nice  I took my xanax and will go watch Andy Griffith soon, the day had to end with an arguement with my daughter  I'm tired and have a headache, and just want this stupid day over with, see you all in the morning. Hope everyone feels better in the morning  an angelic monkey
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5579 on: September 06, 2009, 10:00:02 PM »

JSM if you lived closer I would take you up on the offer, maybe the two of us could get it done a lot faster, but at least the one wall looks nice  I took my xanax and will go watch Andy Griffith soon, the day had to end with an arguement with my daughter  I'm tired and have a headache, and just want this stupid day over with, see you all in the morning. Hope everyone feels better in the morning  an angelic monkey
  an angelic monkey You have a good evening No Rose. I am about to take my xanax and go to bed. I just posted on Caylee's thread. I hope I don't get any nanners thrown my way. Watch Andy for me, I so wish I had cable so I could watch it. Sleep well. Kisses to Zoe from Josef.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.