March 18, 2024, 08:51:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brandi Ellen Wells 23, 8/3/06 Longview TX  (Read 21897 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« on: July 27, 2007, 07:47:15 PM »

Longview, Texas
BRANDI WELLS
Missing Since: August 2, 2006
Missing From: Graham Central Station nightclub in Longview
Sex: female
Height: 4ft. 11in.
Weight: 120 lbs.
Eye Color: blue
Hair Color: blonde, shoulder length
Race: White
Birth Date: November 28, 1982

Clothing Description: high heel sandles, rust colored Gaucho pants, dark, floral print tube top with a v cut over the hip
On the morning of August 3rd, Brandi's car, a black 2000 Grand Prix was found parked along I-20 westbound just outside of Longview, Texas. It was about 300 yards west of FM 2087. If you saw her car that morning and remember seeing anyone near the car please call the Longview Police Department or the Laura Recovery Center. Brandi's family is desperately searching for her.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Please call the Longview Police Department at 903-237-1110 or Crime Stoppers at 903-236-STOP if you have any information about BRANDI WELLS
Or, call the Laura Recovery Center at 281-482-LRCF(5723) or (toll free) 866-898-5723; FAX: 281-482-5727
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 08:04:40 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 01:58:06 PM »

http://www.ketknbc.com/home/ticker/8916317.html
By Jason Grubbs
Story Updated: Aug 5, 2007 at 8:12 PM CST

Longview - It's been a year since family members of Brandi Wells have seen the young woman.
Saturday family, friends and volunteers joined in for another search.
They were looking for any clues that could help solve this case.
The 23 year-old disappeared after leaving a night club in Longview last August.
Wells' aunt, Alli Cormier says, "It's been 1 long year and it hasn't been the easiest year we need to bring her home, we're wrestling with the fact that we're pretty sure that she's gone and the fact we need to bring her home is what we're banking on right now."
Volunteers will meet again Sunday Morning at the Elks Lodge in Longview to search for another day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Timeline>>>>>>>>>>>>

August 2, 2006 – Last seen by her mother, Mary Tant.
August 2, 2006 – Seen entering Graham Central Station in Longview alonearound 10:00 pm.
August 3, 2006 – Seen exiting Graham Central Station alone shortly aftermidnight.
August 3, 2006 – Her abandoned vehicle, parked on the shoulder of the westbound lanes, was tagged by a DPS trooper on I-20 around 9:15 am. August 6, 2006 – Mary Tant reports her daughter missing to the Longview Police Department.
August 8, 2006 – The Longview Police Department receives a call about Brandi’s vehicle being abandoned on the westbound side of I-20 near FM 2087.We respond and recover the vehicle for processing. Dogs are called out and the area is searched. A videotape that was supplied to the media by the Longview Police Department in which relatives identified a female subject as Brandi Wells has since been determined to not be her. Attached are still photos showing Brandi at Graham Central Station. As the time of Brandi’s disappearance lengthens, the possibility of foul play becomesgreater; however, we are not ruling out other possibilities. The Longview Police Department continues to ask the public for help in this matter and if anyone has information or knows the whereabouts of Brandi Wells, they are asked to contact the Longview Police Department at 903.237.1110 or the Gregg County Sheriff’sOffice at 903.236.8408.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 03:01:34 PM »

Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Brandi Wells' Mother Ponders Daughter's Fate
By KENNETH DEAN
Staff Writer

Ellen Tant has lived a "nightmare" of not knowing what happened to her daughter and information about another case released Monday has her asking the question - is my daughter dead?

Ms. Tant contacted the Tyler Paper Tuesday in reference to an article detailing new information in the Gregg County case of an unidentified woman whose burned body was found two months after her daughter went missing.

Gregg County Sheriff Lt. Mike Claxton identified 30-year-old Joseph Wayne Burnette as a "person of interest" in the sexual homicide of the burned woman and said he could possibly be responsible for the disappearance of Tant's daughter, Brandi Wells, 23, of Brownsboro who has been missing for several years, and the death of Deena Cedillo aka Deena Garcia, Longview.

"I'm just hearing about this today and I haven't heard anything on my daughter for at least eight months," Ms. Tant said in a phone interview.

Claxton, during a press conference Monday, said that Burnette, a convicted sex offender with a violent criminal history, is believed to have been with the unidentified woman when she died. While he did not call Burnette a suspect in the other crimes he did say the man fits certain characteristics and that he found it odd that since Burnette was incarcerated in 2007 there have been no further reports of missing women in Longview.

It was during a time period after he was paroled from prison on aggravated sexual assault charges that the bodies were found and Brandi turned up missing.

Asked if Burnette is suspected of being a serial killer, Claxton said, "I can't say that, but I can say he is a sexual predator with a very violent temper, who under certain circumstances could escalate that violence."

Ms. Tant said her daughter fit a certain type also, petite and trusting - the type of young woman who could get into a situation "over her head" because of her trusting nature.

"That is the first and foremost thought in my mind from the get- go on this whole ordeal. I know Brandi didn't run off. I feel as though she met up with the wrong person, unfortunately, and that that person did something to her," she said.

Brandi was last seen Aug. 3, 2006 leaving Graham Central Station club in Longview. She has not been heard from since.

Ms. Tant said the last she heard in the case was from the FBI in Winston-Salem, N.C., contacted her in regard to her daughter's identity being used on a job application. She said however, that an investigation was ruled as just a theft.

As Gregg County Sheriff officials ask for information to identify the burned woman, Ms. Tant wonders if the end is near in the search for her daughter.

"Maybe this will end a nightmare or wondering, but then the real nightmare might begin," she said.

Anyone with information about Ms. Wells or Ms. Cedillo is asked to contact their local law enforcement agency.

Anyone with information related to Burnette is asked to call the Gregg County Sheriff's Office at 903-236-8400 or toll free at 800-765-2189.
http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20080319/NEWS08/803190309

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 12:17:35 AM »

http://www.news-journal.com/news/content/news/stories/2009/08/21/08212009_Missing_Persons.html
National missing person tour makes stop in Henderson
Friday, August 21, 2009

HENDERSON — June Clonch still remembers the morning of Sept. 9, 1999.

"She walked to school and I told her to come home right afterwards," Clonch said Thursday while clutching a photo of her daughter. "That was the last time I ever saw her."
Jamaal O'Neal/News-Journal Photo

Framed photographs and fliers of missing persons line a table Thursday at the sixth annual Missing Person Tour in Henderson.

Samatha Clonch — who would now be 24 years old — never made it home from Henderson Middle School.

"There are no leads; we haven't heard anything," Clonch said while holding back tears. "I can't explain it, but it does something to your heart. It hurts because you want to protect them because that's your baby."

People from as far as Tyler and Jacksonville gathered Thursday evening at the Henderson Plaza Shopping Center parking lot to pay tribute to their family members and other East Texans who have gone missing. Community United Effort Center for Missing Persons, a Wilmington, N.C.-based group, organized the event as part of its annual On the Road to Remember blitz through 23 southeastern U.S. cities.

Founded in 1994, the nonprofit group provides support services and search efforts to families of missing people. Organization founder Monica Caison said the purpose of the tour is to call attention to missing, unidentified people and unsolved homicide cases that have gone cold during the last five years.

"We are reminded of the overwhelming numbers of unsolved cases across the country and the need to still keep their faces in the media in an attempt to find them," Caison said.

Caison said the Henderson stop was at the request of the Shirley Hunt family.

Hunt — who was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease — wandered from her Good Springs home on June 19, 2007. Search crews and law enforcement officials were never able to find her.

"It just hurts so much," Hunt's daughter Kim Vaughn said. "She was the life of her community, she would have celebrated her 53rd wedding anniversary and we can't find her."

Terry and Ellen Tant said they think about their missing daughter every day.

Brandi Wells disappeared from the Graham Central Station night club in Longview on August 3, 2006 while partying with friends. She was 23.

"We're from Tyler," Ellen Tant said. "So when she said they were going out, I thought they were going to stay in Tyler. I never knew she was in Longview."

Taping up a large poster of their daughter on the parking lot tent, the Tants still believe their daughter is alive.

"I think she's out there," Terry Tant said. "But until she comes home, you'll think she's in every abandoned car on the roadside. You'll dream about her, then wake up knowing she's not there." Rusk County sheriff's investigator Sgt. Johnathan Rhodes said missing persons cases take their toll not just on the families, but the investigators as well.

"We're working hard to follow up on new leads because we feel your pain," Rhodes said. "Our goal is to bring all of these missing persons home, so you can have a peace of mind."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 12:23:09 AM »

http://www.tylerpaper.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090821/NEWS01/908210319

Tour Hopes To Improve Awareness Of Missing Persons
By BETTY WATERS
Staff Writer

Friday, August 21, 2009

HENDERSON -- Shirley Hunt disappeared on a stroll near her Henderson area home and Jimmy Charles Scott vanished from Jacksonville. Brandi Ellen Wells has not been seen since she went to a Longview nightclub.

A caravan of volunteers from the North Carolina-based CUE Center for Missing Persons stopped Thursday at Henderson Plaza Shopping Center for a rally promoting awareness of those and other missing East Texans, as well as thousands of other missing people nationwide.

The center's sixth annual "On the Road to Remember Tour" began Monday and will conclude Aug. 29 after traveling approximately 4,800 miles in seven states, focusing on 104 cold cases of missing persons.

<snip>
Ellen Tant described her missing daughter, Brandi Wells as "a very bright, vivacious young lady who wanted to serve her community by becoming a school teacher."

She added, "My daughter did not meet a stranger. She never knew a bad person in her life and never felt that there were bad people out there even though the media talks about. We need to get more awareness out there to the young and to the old alike." Whether the missing are 6 or 12, 22, 38 or 45 years old, they are "still all our children and more awareness needs to be brought to everybody's attention about this," she said.

The only thing families have after a loved one has gone missing awhile is the hopes that somebody's conscience will cause them to speak up so that families do not have to go through the rest of their lives in torture wondering what happened to their loves one, she added.

Ms. Wells, 23, was last seen leaving Graham Central Station nightclub in Longview on Aug. 3, 2006.

When she disappeared, Ms. Wells had just started a new job at the Athens Wal-Mart and was living with a friend in an apartment in Brownsboro while waiting to move into a dorm room at Trinity Valley Community College. She planned to attend TVCC that fall.

Missing for three years, Ms Wells was approximately 4-11 and weighed about 125 pounds. She had shoulder-length blonde hair, blue eyes and was prone to blink excessively. She was last seen wearing a flora-print cream-colored V-neck halter top, rust-colored gaucho pants and black high-heeled sandals.

Ms. Wells drove from Brownsboro to Tyler on Aug. 2, 2006, to visit her mother and planned on going out that evening with her younger sister to an area nightclub. But her sister had fallen asleep on the couch and Ms. Wells decided to go without her. Surveillance video at Graham Central Station show her entering and leaving the nightclub alone.

She disappeared on the morning of Aug. 3, 2006. Her car, a black four-door Pontiac Grand Prix, was found abandoned on the westbound shoulder of Interstate 20 near mile marker 591 between Longview and Tyler. There were no signs of foul play at the scene.
<snip>

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 08:06:46 AM »

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 10:30:08 AM »

http://www.cbs19.tv/story/16510423/tyler-mom-still-searching-for-daughter

Tyler Mom Still Searching for Daughter

But Tate remains positive. Three weeks ago she got word of a renewed effort to find Brandi.

The Laurel Recovery Center is distributing coasters to Longview nightclubs with Brandi's picture hoping they will get someone who knows something to start talking.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.