March 19, 2024, 12:23:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hassani Campbell, 5,, Missing from car, Oakland Ca. 8-10-2009(Arrests 8/28)  (Read 154382 times)
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #140 on: August 17, 2009, 02:02:24 PM »

What is the proper spelling of little Hasanni's name?

I'm seeing it spelled two ways whenever I do google searches and I think that just shows the horrible news reporting that's going on in this case.

Is it spelled, Hassani or Hasanni?

It's Hassani. I agree the reporting on his disappearance has been CRAPPY since the beginning. The police or their public information officer did little to clear up discrepancies early on either.

Thank you MuffyBee for the updates. Praying for little dude to be found today.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #141 on: August 17, 2009, 03:01:37 PM »

I'm seeing it spelled two ways whenever I do google searches and I think that just shows the horrible news reporting that's going on in this case.

It's Hassani. I agree the reporting on his disappearance has been CRAPPY since the beginning. The police or their public information officer did little to clear up discrepancies early on either.

pink angel~  I keep checking and there doesn't seem to be any new information being released at this time.   There was the big search on Saturday, but the articles and videos reported nothing found. 

I hope the vigil marking the date of one week since Hassani was reported missing will help get his name and face out in the news.  Maybe some new tips or leads will come in.  I too am praying for little dude to be found. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #142 on: August 17, 2009, 03:14:55 PM »

I keep checking too. Sad

I hate when it gets quiet. I feel like they have forgotten the child, ya know? It makes me sad.

Mary
Scared Monkey

« Reply #143 on: August 17, 2009, 04:17:59 PM »

Why has no one but the aunt and uncle seen this little guy since a family outing on
Aug 6th, this really bothers me. You would think that neighbours would have seen him
getting in and out of the car or something.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #144 on: August 17, 2009, 04:48:21 PM »

Very good point Mary..

Investigators should be out looking for others who have seen him all the way up to the point where he disappears..

Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

Hassani Campbell *Still Missing*

« Reply #145 on: August 17, 2009, 06:21:14 PM »

Thanks for clearing that up.

I was hoping Hassani would be found by now. 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #146 on: August 17, 2009, 06:33:11 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 01:09:40 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #147 on: August 17, 2009, 07:11:47 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 01:10:02 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #148 on: August 17, 2009, 07:42:06 PM »

The reward is a good thing. Anything to keep his name and face in the news. Perhaps it will bring in some tips.

I thought I read an article where it says an employee from the auto place saw Hassani in the car crying. I can't find it though. Did they actually see him or just hear crying? This is what I want to know. They could have heard the baby crying and assumed it was Hassani because Ross said it to be so.

Thanks for the updates Ms. MuffyBee. Smile

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #149 on: August 17, 2009, 10:01:32 PM »

http://www.ktvu.com/news/20437763/detail.html
$10,000 Reward Offered For Missing Fremont Boy

Posted: 5:42 pm PDT August 17, 2009Updated: 6:55 pm PDT August 17, 2009OAKLAND, Calif. -- Oakland police and Crime Stoppers announced a $10,000 reward Monday for information leading to the whereabouts of Hassani Campbell, a 5-year-old boy with cerebral palsy who disappeared a week ago.

Hassani, who lived in Fremont with his foster parents, Louis Ross and Jennifer Campbell, was reported missing from the parking lot of the Shuz of Rockridge shoe store in the 6000 block of College Avenue in Oakland about 4:15 p.m. on Aug. 10.

Oakland police spokesman Jeff Thomason said, "We definitely need the public's help" in finding Hassani.

Thomason said police have only received about 50 tips, which he said is unusually low for a week-old missing child case.

He said police are following all the leads but haven't turned up anything so far.

A vigil for the little boy Monday afternoon brought well wishers to the Rockridge District shoe store where Hasanni's foster father said he last saw the child.

Ross has been questioned by police and given a lie detector test. On Monday, Ross angrily addressed speculation that he might be involved in the disappearance of his foster son.

"'Oh, they were foster parents. Did they really care?' Well, you go talk to social services,” said Ross. “You wanna find the record straight? You go to them and ask them why they placed them with us. Because we gave a damn! These were our children. Don't try to take that from us. This wasn't a situation where we didn't care about those children. We've fought every inch for both of them."

Hasanni's foster family is also grappling with the loss of their one year-old foster daughter who has been removed from their care.

"All we want is our children home. We want Hasanni found and Aaliyah with us," said the boy’s foster mother Campbell.

Police indicated there were no new searches Monday amid concerns that time could be running out to find the boy unharmed.

Thomason said police are still treating Hassani's disappearance as a missing persons case but as time goes on the chances of finding him alive may be dwindling.

"As time goes on, that is going to be our fear; that this will be a recovery," said Oakland police spokesman Jeff Tomason. "But right now, we are still treating it as trying to find a little five year-old boy."

He said on Saturday law enforcement officials and volunteers searched marshland and shoreline areas at the tip of West Winton Avenue in Hayward as well as Coyote Hills Regional Park in Fremont but didn't find anything significant.

Police describe Hassani as being a black boy with medium complexion, brown hair and brown eyes. He is about 3 feet tall and weighs around 30 pounds. He was last seen wearing a gray sweatshirt and grant pants.

Police said he has difficulty walking because he is disabled and has leg braces.

Thomason said people with information on the case should call the Oakland Police Department or Crime Stoppers at (510) 777-8572 or (510) 777-3211.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #150 on: August 17, 2009, 10:06:05 PM »

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/17/BAB5199Q74.DTL

Missing boy's parents plead for his return

Jaxon Van Derbeken, Chronicle Staff Writer

Monday, August 17, 2009

(08-17) 18:31 PDT OAKLAND -- The foster parents of a missing 5-year-old boy stood Monday at the spot in Oakland where Hasanni Campbell vanished a week ago to the minute, tearfully asking for the public's help as police announced a $10,000 reward for information on his whereabouts.

"If you have him, let him go!" Louis Ross, the boy's foster father, urged at the side entrance of the Rockridge neighborhood shoe store where Hasanni vanished at 4:18 p.m. Aug. 10. "This is our son!"

"I just want him home," added the boy's aunt and foster mother, Jennifer Campbell. "I just want him safe. I want him in our bed. Our home is empty. ... All we want is to have him home, safe, loved and cared for."

The Fremont couple wore T-shirts with photos of the youth, whose name is also spelled Hassani.
The couple, along with relatives and friends, brought red candles and a balloon of the boy's beloved SpongeBob SquarePants cartoon character.

Police and the Crime Stoppers organization announced the reward Monday for help finding Hasanni, who has cerebral palsy.

Ross says he last saw Hasanni at a rear entrance of Shuz of Rockridge at 6012 College Ave., where Campbell works. Oakland police and the FBI have interviewed both Ross and Campbell, and Ross has taken a polygraph test.

Law enforcement sources say Ross reported taking the boy with him earlier that day to the Hayward Pick Your Part auto salvage yard.

The trip was unusual, authorities said, because even though Ross said he was looking for a particular part, witnesses told authorities that he had left without getting out of the car to look for it. \

Ross said Monday that he went back to the yard with police last week as part of an effort to retrace his steps on the day the boy disappeared.

Police and sheriff's have searched the yard and local parks in recent days, authorities say, but found no sign of the missing boy.

Officer Jeff Thomason, an Oakland police spokesman, said police have fielded fewer than 50 tips on Hasanni's disappearance.

"That's very unusual," Thomason said. "In a high-profile case, we usually get hundreds.'

Missing boy

Hasanni Campbell is African American, 3 feet tall and weighs 30 pounds. Anyone with information about him is asked to call Oakland police or Crime Stoppers at (510) 777-8572 or (510) 777-3211.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #151 on: August 17, 2009, 10:09:09 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 01:10:34 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #152 on: August 17, 2009, 10:19:49 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=6968900
(Video available at link)
OAKLAND, CA (KGO) -- The grandmother of a missing disabled boy from Fremont, is holding a vigil for him in Oakland. It's near the shoe store where he was reported missing a week ago. A $10,000 crime stoppers reward is now being offered for information leading to the whereabouts of Hasanni Campbell.
<snip>

Crime Stoppers of the Bay Area is also willing to add up to $2,000 for information that will help solve this case.

Burny Matthews is a former East Palo Alto police chief. He also worked in Oakland and Alameda.

"It gives a reason for somebody that may be on the edge, they may need the money really badly and he or she is willing to give some information to police to just give that one little brick that will finish the wall in that investigation," said Matthews.
<snip>

N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #153 on: August 18, 2009, 02:30:50 PM »

Snipped

There also is a lack of community support for the search for the missing boy with cerebral palsy. There were just a handful of people at a vigil Monday.

I personally am feeling a little guilty about the lack of involvement for this sad little soul. From what little I have read about the bio mom and dad, foster homes and so on, it appears this poor child didn’t have much of a chance of growing up and living a fulfilling life.  Now I sense something is way off with the foster family and people seem to know it and are avoiding getting close to this case. That includes searching for a child that may not have gone missing from where we have been told he was left. I for one learned a real lesson on reality with the Caylee case and am now automatically suspicious whenever a child goes missing.  It appears the general population may be becoming as skeptical as I……..
Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #154 on: August 18, 2009, 06:05:20 PM »

Regardless of that fact, it is not the boys fault that this happened to him.  The lack of compassion for Hassani angers me to no end.  The vigils aren't for the family, they are for the missing person!  I'm thinking about going and buying my own candle for my home, to light for this little boy.
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #155 on: August 18, 2009, 06:36:38 PM »

The media should be turning up the heat on this, but unfortunately people of color tend to get less coverage, even in missing person cases. There are studies and articles on that. It's unfortunate, because Hassani could use all the help he can get right now.

It is just sooo sad. He's such a little dude. Such a sweet face. My heart is broken.

No matter what happened or who is responsible, he deserves to be looked for, he deserves community support and he NEEDS to be found.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #156 on: August 18, 2009, 06:38:06 PM »

The media should be turning up the heat on this, but unfortunately people of color tend to get less coverage, even in missing person cases. There are studies and articles on that. It's unfortunate, because Hassani could use all the help he can get right now.

It is just sooo sad. He's such a little dude. Such a sweet face. My heart is broken.

No matter what happened or who is responsible, he deserves to be looked for, he deserves community support and he NEEDS to be found.

ITA  Hoping and praying little dude Hassani is found soon.

N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #157 on: August 18, 2009, 06:44:34 PM »

http://www.unsolvedcases.net/

This website has virtual candles that one can light for the missing.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #158 on: August 18, 2009, 08:50:12 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 01:11:16 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #159 on: August 18, 2009, 08:52:57 PM »

The lack of support in this case is so sad. I really do not care the race or creed of the child - the fact is a small child is missing. He deserves to be found. 

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.