March 18, 2024, 09:58:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hassani Campbell, 5,, Missing from car, Oakland Ca. 8-10-2009(Arrests 8/28)  (Read 154374 times)
Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

Hassani Campbell *Still Missing*

« Reply #300 on: August 28, 2009, 08:15:48 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/livenow?id=6988627

Live video of the search.

My poor little dude. I knew he was gone. Sad

I have been so sad avoiding the boards. Nevaeh, Jada, Robert, it's just been so much sadness lately. I needed a break.

The day I "come back" and they are arrested for his murder.

I am so sorry Hassani. I hope that the police can find you so you get the funeral that every angel gone too soon deserves.

Same here. I've made a few posts, but I was feeling so down about little Hassani still being missing that I hadn't posted much and now this.

I can't believe this little boy is gone forever. I truly can not believe his foster parents (his own aunt and uncle) could do this to him. What a betrayal. Sad
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #301 on: August 28, 2009, 08:22:39 PM »

Thank you for the updates, Tina Bee.  I'm so sad.  I really felt our little dude  was gone from this Earth, but hoped I was wrong.  There was a couple of days with no news, and I can see now it was the calm before the storm.    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #302 on: August 28, 2009, 08:30:35 PM »

Praying for closure and the truth.

God Bless You, little Hasanni. 
You were an innocent, courageous little boy, and so sweet and cute.
You should be safe in bed tonight, after spending a happy day in a kindergarten classroom with your little friends, learning to read and write, playing on the playground...

not rotting away somewhere awaiting a grisly discovery... never to have the chance to grow up and lead a happy life.

May you rest in peace, little guy, and may justice prevail.

Desi
 an angelic monkey

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #303 on: August 28, 2009, 08:34:00 PM »

http://www.ktvu.com/news/20606391/detail.html
Foster Parents Of Missing 5-Year-Old Arrested

Posted: 3:25 pm PDT August 28, 2009Updated: 4:02 pm PDT August 28, 2009
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Louis Ross and Jennifer Campbell, the foster parents of missing 5-year-old Hasanni Campbell, were arrested Friday afternoon on suspicion of murder, according to Oakland Police Chief Howard Jordan.

Chief Jordan told KTVU the couple was arrested at their Fremont home on the same murder charge and that the warrants for the Ross and Campbell were sealed.

Louis did not react as the couple was taken into custody, according to Chief Jordan, who said that the foster father seemed to be awaiting arrest.

The murder charges were made despite the fact that police have still not found the boy's body.

Oakland police and Crime Stoppers had announced a $10,000 reward in the search for Hasanni, who was reported missing from the parking lot of the Shuz of Rockridge shoe store in the 6000 block of College Avenue in Oakland at about 4:15 p.m. on Aug. 10.

Hasanni's aunt and foster mother Campbell works at the store. His foster father Ross was the last person to see Hasanni alive, according to authorities.

Ross and Campbell have been the focus of much speculation throughout the investigation into the disappearance of the boy.

Last week, Ross and Campbell addressed some of the disturbing details that have surfaced during the investigation into the five-year-old’s disappearance while calling for a renewed focus in the search for the missing boy.

Ross and Campbell, allowed KTVU into their Fremont house on August 20 to show what Hasanni’s living situation was like. The couple said they moved into the residence less than a year ago to make a home for him and his 18-month-old sister Aaliyah.

That same day, there were new revelations about Ross and details the police investigation had uncovered.

According to court documents released August 20, Ross sent a text message days before the boy’s disappearance threatening to leave the youngster unattended at a BART station.

In an affidavit filed to obtain a search warrant of the home where Hasanni lives in Fremont with Ross and Jennifer Campbell, Oakland police said they found an expletive-laced text message on Ross’ cell phone.

According to the document, the message sent to Jennifer Campbell said: “This is [expletive] over. I will watch [Hasanni’s sister] but he will be on the BART…”

The investigating officers also told the court that Ross had “also voiced some misgivings about caring for a developmentally disabled child” and added that neighbors had not seen Hasanni for about two weeks.

Those revelations came less than 24 hours after authorities confirmed to KTVU that Ross had failed a FBI lie detector test.

During the interview at their home, Campbell and Ross told KTVU they want to refocus attention on trying to find the missing boy. The couple denied allegations Ross may have had something to do with the disappearance.

They said when they gave police permission to access their phone records more than a week ago, they told investigators about the angry, obscenity-laced text Ross sent Campbell about ten days earlier during an argument.

"It's like we had an argument and we worked through it. And now it's like the argument is being twisted and turned into something it isn't," said Campbell.

"The situation resolved," explained Ross. "I calmed down and never left the house."

They also said they were the ones who told police Ross kept a sword under his bed. That sword was among the items included in the police search warrant of the home and, according to the couple, was taken by authorities when their house was first searched the day after Hasanni’s disappearance..

Campbell and Ross showed KTVU a list of items police took from Ross's car. However, there was no mention of latex gloves disclosed in court documents as one of the items taken from the vehicle.

The couple said they volunteered to give DNA samples to police who visited the house Thursday morning so that they could be ruled out as suspects.

"I'm cooperating with police every day," said Ross.

During the interview, the foster parents said they love Hasanni deeply and would never harm him.

"It felt just as real as this baby feels," said the six-months pregnant Campbell. "My love for him is the same."

"I know the truth," said Ross. "I am cooperating with police. so if false info is being leaked, I don't care. This isn't about me. It's about finding Hasanni.

On Tuesday of this week, Thomason said there weren't any new developments in the case.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #304 on: August 28, 2009, 08:34:50 PM »

The live feed of the search stopped. It looked like they were searching along the marsh and by the park -n-pull auto place again.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #305 on: August 28, 2009, 08:39:08 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 01:32:06 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #306 on: August 28, 2009, 08:48:16 PM »

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/28/BAE119FCE7.DTL&tsp=1

Foster parents arrested in boy's killing

Jaxon Van Derbeken,Matthew B. Stannard, Chronicle Staff Writers

Friday, August 28, 2009
(08-28) 16:52 PDT Fremont -- The foster parents of a missing 5-year-old boy with cerebral palsy were arrested today at their Fremont home on suspicion of homicide and police were conducting a search of their property, authorities said.

Louis Ross, 38, is being held on suspicion of murder and Jennifer Campbell, 33, was being held on charges related to homicide, Oakland police said. The body of the child, Hasanni Campbell, has not been found.

Oakland police investigators were questioning the couple and searching their Fremont home Friday afternoon. John Burris, an attorney who has been consulting with the couple, confirmed the arrests.

Hasanni was reported missing Aug. 10 after Ross said he vanished at the rear door of a Rockridge neighborhood shoe store in Oakland where Campbell worked.

Burris said he was told of the couple's arrest this afternoon. He said he does not know what basis police have to hold the couple.

"I'm not aware of what evidence, if any, that police have that supports the detainment or the arrest," Burris said. "I know that they have been questioned extensively by the police over the last several days."

Investigators had long focused their attentions on the foster parents, scouring their Fremont home with dogs two days after Hasanni vanished and questioning Ross and Campbell, who is Hasanni's aunt and Ross' fiancee. Ross also was given a polygraph examination; Campbell, who is more than six months pregnant, declined to take one, saying she feared it might harm her fetus.

Police had said the dogs were unable to detect Hasanni's scent outside the shoe store where Ross said he last saw the boy. Hasanni wears arch-support braces because of his cerebral palsy, but he can walk on his own, Ross said.

Court documents also showed Ross sent Campbell an angry text message 10 days before Hasanni vanished, threatening to leave the boy alone on a BART platform. Ross has described the message as part of a dispute with his fiancee that quickly passed.

Throughout the investigation, the couple said they were cooperating as they continued to ask for the public's help in finding Hasanni. Police offered a $10,000 reward for information on his whereabouts.

"If you have him, let him go!" Ross pleaded at an Aug. 17 event outside the shoe store, when both foster parents wore shirts bearing pictures of the missing child. "This is our son!"

Friends and family members had defended the couple against police scrutiny, with Campbell's mother, Pamela Clark, saying in an interview with The Chronicle a few days after the disappearance that Ross was a professional man and a good provider.

"I don't think the family's involved at all," she said.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #307 on: August 28, 2009, 09:04:10 PM »

Muffy! I was ready to post! LOL!  YIPPEeeeeeeee....

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #308 on: August 28, 2009, 09:27:57 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 01:32:29 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #309 on: August 28, 2009, 09:33:52 PM »

I wonder if they are going to use luminal.
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #310 on: August 28, 2009, 09:50:29 PM »

I really do not want to seem stupid. But in the text that louis sent to jennifer saying you can find hassani at the bart. Is a bart have something to do with water.  I am thinking it does. And if I am right. Wouldn't it make the police think that hassani really is in the bart. Oh my I hope not. But it would make since considering the text. Imo
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #311 on: August 28, 2009, 10:10:14 PM »

I really do not want to seem stupid. But in the text that louis sent to jennifer saying you can find hassani at the bart. Is a bart have something to do with water.  I am thinking it does. And if I am right. Wouldn't it make the police think that hassani really is in the bart. Oh my I hope not. But it would make since considering the text. Imo

BART = "Bay Area Rapid Transit"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bay_Area_Rapid_Transit

On the BART probably means "on the bus,"  as in sent away... IMO

N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #312 on: August 28, 2009, 10:28:38 PM »

The inevitable came sooner rather than later. I'm glad to know that Oakland PD was working hard to bring those to justice that have harmed little Hasanni. I hope they can find and bring him home soon. Rest in Peace.........
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #313 on: August 28, 2009, 10:43:40 PM »

BART = "Bay Area Rapid Transit"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bay_Area_Rapid_Transit

On the BART probably means "on the bus,"  as in sent away... IMO

Oh, WAIT!  I just read my own link... and it's NOT the bus.

"The heavy-rail public transit system connects San Francisco with cities in the East Bay and suburbs in northern San Mateo County."

It is the TRAIN.  And BART is based in San Francisco, where Hasanni's biological mother lives ---
Where Hasanni lived before he was sent to stay with his aunt and Ross in Fremont in December (IIRC) of last year. 

There is a Fremont route; Fremont is the 'end of the line' on that route.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Revised_BART_map.svg

It almost looks like he was threatening here to put Hasanni on the train and sent him back where he came from!!  Fremont is 50 miles away from San Francisco.

Wow. 

luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #314 on: August 28, 2009, 10:46:33 PM »

Oh ok I gotcha.so the police just don't have any idea where hassani is? I am thinking that maybe jennifer will cave. And start talking. 
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #315 on: August 28, 2009, 11:42:16 PM »

I wonder if something happened to Hassani at the time of the angry text messages, when neighbors last saw him, and they waited to report him missing? Would explain no one seeing him in the 2 week prior.

an angelic monkey Boy, this is getting to be too much! It really breaks my heart. Such a cute little boy too!  an angelic monkey

Justice for Hassani!

Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

Hassani Campbell *Still Missing*

« Reply #316 on: August 28, 2009, 11:53:02 PM »

I haven't been this wrapped up in a case since Sandra Cantu, but maybe that's because these two horrific tragedies have happened near me.

I just can't believe the foster father was all over television proclaiming his innocence. How sick is that? I know I need to chill, but I feel so emotional over this. It feels like this world is just getting worse and worse by the day.
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #317 on: August 29, 2009, 12:15:18 AM »

I haven't been this wrapped up in a case since Sandra Cantu, but maybe that's because these two horrific tragedies have happened near me.

I just can't believe the foster father was all over television proclaiming his innocence. How sick is that? I know I need to chill, but I feel so emotional over this. It feels like this world is just getting worse and worse by the day.

It's like an epidemic with the caretakers of innocent children sending them to their death and then trying to place the blame anywhere else they can think of. Look at the Robert Manwill case or Caylee Anthony and something unholy is going on with Haleigh Cummings. It's almost too much to deal with at times...........
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #318 on: August 29, 2009, 02:01:15 AM »

It's like an epidemic with the caretakers of innocent children sending them to their death and then trying to place the blame anywhere else they can think of. Look at the Robert Manwill case or Caylee Anthony and something unholy is going on with Haleigh Cummings. It's almost too much to deal with at times...........

I do not know if Ross or Campbell guilty of anything... I am not pointing a finger..
Dat Is My Disclaimer.. and this is the bike I rode in on..

It is just from a drive by inspection alone of this area it would appear to be pretty hard to steal a live child without somebody from some direction seeing something, if ya know what I mean.
BUT People even adults do strange things at times and who would ever think that a person could steal a child that quickly in broad daylight and nobody see's anything.. Strange but possible...So I give Ross that one..
The Dogs not scenting ..??? Dat tis a problemo..
Why not just call of Text your wife ?.. Or call her to open up the back door ? What is the answer to that question ?
 They just need the TRUTH to move forward. Mr.Ross something is missing in this story.. That is all..

Arrest and conviction without a body will never work in this case....mo... This will become a racial thing before ya know it..
Also and more-some To many cases of children in the news with abductions or attempted abductions.. jmho

What they need is some neighbors to speak up and all cameras in that vicinity for 14 blocks to see who was in that vehicle as it approached its destination at the shoe store that the boys Aunt "By Blood?? or Campbells sister ? anyways his foster mother is Campbell and they both work there at the shoe store.. People should google up the intersection and take a look..

They need a real live Eye witness to anything strange on that street and College ave. at that time of day within 6 blocks A Witness and or better yet a camera witness of Ross approach to that driveway..
 When WAS the last time anyone had seen Hassini ?
Where is a photo of the vehicle in question that belongs to Ross ?
 so that people in the neighborhood can remember the vehicle and who was in it and any other vehicles in the area..
Time passes and average people lose there memory. Was Hassani in the vehicle ?
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #319 on: August 29, 2009, 02:14:47 AM »

Possibly they obtained "traffic signal" Images from cameras that have been set up by big brother everywhere in the San Francisco bay area. Possible those images show that ONLY Ross was in that vehicle. Or some other driver that was driving next to Ross..
Or Cameras images from the wrecking yard. Cameras from the coyote park that he may have went to close to the wrecking yard..Who Knows .. gas station video.. anything..

One Thing is for sure.. Oakland is no hick town and they would not arrest them without some real evidence.. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.