March 19, 2024, 02:32:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hassani Campbell, 5,, Missing from car, Oakland Ca. 8-10-2009(Arrests 8/28)  (Read 154389 times)
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #320 on: August 29, 2009, 03:07:03 AM »

I haven't been this wrapped up in a case since Sandra Cantu, but maybe that's because these two horrific tragedies have happened near me.

I just can't believe the foster father was all over television proclaiming his innocence. How sick is that? I know I need to chill, but I feel so emotional over this. It feels like this world is just getting worse and worse by the day.

I think alot of us understand your emotions TinaBee. Every day I think "I have heard it all, nothing else could shock me" and then something else pops up in the news to prove me wrong. It is so truly heart breaking to hear of case after case of children being subjected to so many horrors.

**I am considering purchasing a small island to move the family to so we can escape all of this madness. Maybe we can call it Monkey Island....

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
BluesyGram
Monkey Junky

« Reply #321 on: August 29, 2009, 04:01:25 AM »

What I found strange is that they took the sister away from them so quickly (glad they did).  Don't think I have ever heard about other children being removed from the parent(s) (foster or natural) as soon as another child in the house goes missing.  Didn't they take her away the very same day or the next?  They sure knew something very early on for them to do that IMO.

And what did Ross do for a living?  Why does it seem that only one working was the pregnant woman?  How was he able to drive around in a 'late model BMW'?

Guess they got some evidence via the test results in order to obtain the arrest warrants. 

May they rot in jail for the rest of their life...poor child sure couldn't get a break in this world.  First 4 yrs. with a drug addicted mother ..then these monsters.  Hopefully, his sister will fare better and get loving parents and maybe his death won't be in vain.  God Bless Him and surround him with His Angels.

Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #322 on: August 29, 2009, 06:26:07 AM »

I haven't been this wrapped up in a case since Sandra Cantu, but maybe that's because these two horrific tragedies have happened near me.

I just can't believe the foster father was all over television proclaiming his innocence. How sick is that? I know I need to chill, but I feel so emotional over this. It feels like this world is just getting worse and worse by the day.

Yes, he was on Nancy Grace rightaway, said he had taken a polygraph, offered to do it as he had nothing to hide, and went into details about how the boy disappeared. Nancy seemed convinced by him. The details didn't make sense though, and when they don't make sense we all struggle to figure it out- without listening to our gut feelings that say-  when it does'nt make sense it is because IT ISN"T TRUE!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #323 on: August 29, 2009, 07:27:14 AM »

http://www.ktvu.com/news/20606391/detail.html
Police: Missing 5-Year-Old Was Killed; Foster Parents Arrested

Posted: 3:25 pm PDT August 28, 2009Updated: 11:44 pm PDT August 28, 2009
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Oakland police said Friday night that they believe Hasanni Campbell is dead, and that his foster parents, Louis Ross and Jennifer Campbell, are responsible.

Ross and Campbell were arrested Friday afternoon on suspicion of murder, according to Oakland Police Chief Howard Jordan.

"This investigation [is] not a missing persons case anymore," police spokesperson Jeff Thomason said. "It is a homicide investigation."

Jennifer Campbell, Hasanni's aunt and foster mother, was arrested on suspicion of murder at about 1:50 p.m. at the Union City BART station, Thomason said. At about 2:45 p.m., Louis Ross was arrested on the same charge at his Fremont home. Warrants for their arrest remain sealed.

Louis did not react as he was taken into custody, according to Chief Jordan, who said that the foster father seemed to be awaiting arrest.

"We believe Hasanni Campbell is no longer alive and we have the people responsible," Thomason said.

Hasanni, who has cerebral palsy, was last seen Aug. 10 in the Shuz of Rockridge shoe store in the 6000 block of College Avenue and his disappearance prompted a multi-agency investigation. On Aug. 20, police served multiple search warrants in connection with the case, including one at Ross' home.

Thomason said investigators have not located Hasanni's body and declined to comment on specific evidence in the case that led to Friday's arrests.

"This investigation is still ongoing and very complex," Thomason said.

He said Ross and Jennifer Campbell were being interviewed by detectives Friday evening.

A law enforcement source told KTVU that a compelling piece of evidence is that no one ever saw the little boy in the busy Rockridge neighborhood where his foster father reported him missing 18 days ago.

The source also says that the fact that very few tips have come in point to the couple as being the only ones who really know what happened to their foster son.

KTVU has learned that Ross has waived his right to remain silent, and has been talking to police.

“It would not surprise me in any way that the police is seeking to divide and conquer by arresting and seeing if they have something to say that they haven't already said,” said the couple’s legal advisor John Burris.

Burris told KTVU that the district attorney has until next Tuesday to decide whether to bring charges against Louis Ross and Jennifer Cambpell.

Oakland police and Crime Stoppers had announced a $10,000 reward in the search for Hasanni, who was reported missing from the parking lot of the Shuz of Rockridge shoe store in the 6000 block of College Avenue in Oakland at about 4:15 p.m. on Aug. 10.

Hasanni's aunt and foster mother Campbell works at the store. His foster father Ross was the last person to see Hasanni alive, according to authorities.

Ross and Campbell have been the focus of much speculation throughout the investigation into the disappearance of the boy.

Last week, Ross and Campbell addressed some of the disturbing details that have surfaced during the investigation into the five-year-old’s disappearance while calling for a renewed focus in the search for the missing boy.

Ross and Campbell, allowed KTVU into their Fremont house on August 20 to show what Hasanni’s living situation was like. The couple said they moved into the residence less than a year ago to make a home for him and his 18-month-old sister Aaliyah.

That same day, there were new revelations about Ross and details the police investigation had uncovered.

According to court documents released August 20, Ross sent a text message days before the boy’s disappearance threatening to leave the youngster unattended at a BART station.

In an affidavit filed to obtain a search warrant of the home where Hasanni lives in Fremont with Ross and Jennifer Campbell, Oakland police said they found an expletive-laced text message on Ross’ cell phone.

According to the document, the message sent to Jennifer Campbell said: “This is [expletive] over. I will watch [Hasanni’s sister] but he will be on the BART…”

The investigating officers also told the court that Ross had “also voiced some misgivings about caring for a developmentally disabled child” and added that neighbors had not seen Hasanni for about two weeks.

Those revelations came less than 24 hours after authorities confirmed to KTVU that Ross had failed a FBI lie detector test.

During the interview at their home, Campbell and Ross told KTVU they want to refocus attention on trying to find the missing boy. The couple denied allegations Ross may have had something to do with the disappearance.

They said when they gave police permission to access their phone records more than a week ago, they told investigators about the angry, obscenity-laced text Ross sent Campbell about ten days earlier during an argument.

"It's like we had an argument and we worked through it. And now it's like the argument is being twisted and turned into something it isn't," said Campbell.

"The situation resolved," explained Ross. "I calmed down and never left the house."

They also said they were the ones who told police Ross kept a sword under his bed. That sword was among the items included in the police search warrant of the home and, according to the couple, was taken by authorities when their house was first searched the day after Hasanni’s disappearance..

Campbell and Ross showed KTVU a list of items police took from Ross's car. However, there was no mention of latex gloves disclosed in court documents as one of the items taken from the vehicle.

The couple said they volunteered to give DNA samples to police who visited the house Thursday morning so that they could be ruled out as suspects.

"I'm cooperating with police every day," said Ross.

During the interview, the foster parents said they love Hasanni deeply and would never harm him.

"It felt just as real as this baby feels," said the six-months pregnant Campbell. "My love for him is the same."

"I know the truth," said Ross. "I am cooperating with police. so if false info is being leaked, I don't care. This isn't about me. It's about finding Hasanni."

I had seen in other articles John Burris was giving legal advice to Louis Ross and Jennifer Campbell.  In this article it states" “It would not surprise me in any way that the police is seeking to divide and conquer by arresting and seeing if they have something to say that they haven't already said,” said the couple’s legal advisor John Burris.  I wonder if both Louis Ross and Jennifer Campbell can/will keep the same attorney? 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #324 on: August 29, 2009, 07:31:12 AM »

http://www.ktvu.com/video/20612196/index.html
OAKLAND: Police Say Missing 5-Year-Old Is Dead; Foster Parents Responsible [Amber Lee]
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 07:44:03 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #325 on: August 29, 2009, 07:56:08 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 01:33:09 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #326 on: August 29, 2009, 08:01:16 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 01:33:56 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #327 on: August 29, 2009, 08:07:16 AM »

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/28/BAE119FCE7.DTL

Foster parents arrested in boy's killing

Jaxon Van Derbeken,Meredith May, Chronicle Staff Writers

Saturday, August 29, 2009

(08-28) 18:08 PDT Fremont -- The foster parents who tearfully pleaded for the public's help in finding their missing 5-year-old boy with cerebral palsy were arrested Friday on suspicion of killing the boy, authorities said.
Images
Jennifer Campbell is also Hasanni's aunt.Police gather outside the home of missing 5-year-old Hasa...Hasanni Campbell has cerebral palsy.

Louis Ross, 38, and his fiancee, Jennifer Campbell, 33, the boy's aunt, were taken into custody on suspicion of murder, said Officer Jeff Thomason, an Oakland police spokesman.

The boy, Hasanni Campbell, was reported missing Aug. 10 after Ross said he vanished at the rear door of a Rockridge neighborhood shoe store in Oakland where Campbell worked. His body has not been found.

Oakland homicide investigators were questioning the couple Friday night and conducted a search of the couple's Fremont home in Hampton Place, a tidy community of two-story stucco homes with wide streets and rose bushes.

Campbell was arrested at the Union City BART Station shortly before 2 p.m. after being questioned earlier by police, Thomason said. Ross was arrested at the Fremont home about an hour later.

"This is not a missing persons case anymore, this is a homicide investigation," Thomason said. "And we are talking to the people responsible." The officer said the investigation was "very complex."

John Burris, an attorney who has been consulting with the couple, said he was told of the couple's arrest on Friday afternoon.

"I'm not aware of what evidence, if any, that police have that supports the detainment or the arrest," Burris said. "I know that they have been questioned extensively by the police over the last several days."

Absent a body, Burris said the arrests were probably a police tactic designed to pressure the couple to talk and turn on each other.

"That's how police work," Burris said. "Divide and conquer."

Prosecutors will have 48 hours from the arrests, not including the weekend, to decide on charging the couple.

Investigators had long focused their attention on the foster parents, scouring their Fremont home with dogs two days after Hasanni vanished and questioning Ross and Campbell. Ross also was given a polygraph examination; Campbell, who is more than six months pregnant, declined to take one, saying she feared it might harm her fetus.
Dogs don't pick up scent

Police had said the dogs were unable to detect Hasanni's scent outside the shoe store where Ross said he last saw the boy. Hasanni wears arch-support braces because of his cerebral palsy, but he can walk on his own, Ross said.

Court documents also showed Ross sent Campbell an angry text message 10 days before Hasanni vanished, threatening to leave the boy alone on a BART platform. Ross has described the message as part of a dispute with his fiancee that quickly passed.

Throughout the investigation, the couple said they were cooperating as they continued to ask for the public's help in finding Hasanni. Police offered a $10,000 reward for information on his whereabouts.

"If you have him, let him go!" Ross pleaded at an Aug. 17 event outside the shoe store, when both foster parents wore shirts bearing pictures of the missing child. "This is our son!"

Friends and family members had defended the couple against police scrutiny, with Campbell's mother, Pamela Clark, saying in an interview with The Chronicle a few days after the disappearance that Ross was a professional man and a good provider.

"I don't think the family's involved at all," she said.

Friday afternoon, yellow crime scene tape blocked the street about a half block from the family's home, and Oakland police officers were seen going in and out of the backyard while Fremont police stood guard. A light could be seen on in the second story window, but it did not appear that anybody was at home. The search of the home wound down about 7 p.m.

Neighbors were shocked to see police cars and news helicopters descend on Hampton Place, a neighborhood they regard as free of crime.
Low-crime area

"It's surprising for this neighborhood. There's not much crime here. We have had some break-ins, but nothing really serious," said one neighbor, Anton Ko. "It makes you feel afraid."

Entrances to the neighborhood were temporarily blocked by police, who were allowing only residents to enter.

"We're all talking about it, me and my friends, on Facebook," said one 15-year-old neighbor, Arvind Mahesh, who said he heard the helicopters arrive about 3 p.m. and rode his bicycle to watch the police search the home that Ross and Campbell share on Roxie Terrace.

Neighbors who had been following the story said they were dismayed at the latest twist in the case.

"All along, we heard the foster parents were upset about being interviewed, and asked a lot of questions. Now today, we found out they got arrested," said Alok Verma, who lives about a block and a half away from the family's home. "It's shocking."

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #328 on: August 29, 2009, 12:34:38 PM »

Thanks for the info. Muffy.

I agree with your take on some of the community.  Where is the outrage, that a little boy who lived among them, is missing?!

Prayers for Hassani.  What a sweet looking boy. 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #329 on: August 29, 2009, 12:57:29 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 01:34:43 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

Hassani Campbell *Still Missing*

« Reply #330 on: August 29, 2009, 03:47:32 PM »

I think alot of us understand your emotions TinaBee. Every day I think "I have heard it all, nothing else could shock me" and then something else pops up in the news to prove me wrong. It is so truly heart breaking to hear of case after case of children being subjected to so many horrors.

**I am considering purchasing a small island to move the family to so we can escape all of this madness. Maybe we can call it Monkey Island....

I'd love to purchase some land from you and build my house on that island and get away from all this maddness.
Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #331 on: August 29, 2009, 03:48:51 PM »

It's like an epidemic with the caretakers of innocent children sending them to their death and then trying to place the blame anywhere else they can think of. Look at the Robert Manwill case or Caylee Anthony and something unholy is going on with Haleigh Cummings. It's almost too much to deal with at times...........

Haleigh Cummings is the next story that I believe will only end in misfortune for a small child who never got a chance to live. Misty is lying through her teeth about everything.

These children deserve justice.
Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #332 on: August 29, 2009, 03:52:27 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

I believe this part of the article is so telling. Poor Hassani, I don't even want to imagine his last moments.  
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 01:35:10 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #333 on: August 29, 2009, 06:27:45 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 01:35:34 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #334 on: August 29, 2009, 09:21:43 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

Ross reported Hasanni missing Aug. 10 outside the Rockridge shoe store where Campbell worked.

Ross and Campbell, who is also the boy's aunt, were active in searching for Hasanni and pleading for his safe return. Ross defended himself after word leaked he had failed a polygraph test and after the content of a damaging text message about the children he sent to Campbell went public.

Campbell, who is six months pregnant, has declined to take a polygraph test.

=========================================================================

Soooo, Campbell IS the aunt.. Did I miss something I thought the aunt was a separate person who also worked there..[/color]
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 01:36:51 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #335 on: August 29, 2009, 10:16:20 PM »

You must have missed something Edward. Jennifer Campbell has always been the foster mom /aunt.

She took her sister's children in.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #336 on: August 29, 2009, 11:41:23 PM »

Why not just call his wife on her cell phone and have her open the back door ?

I agree with you and the others on this.  With two children, one would think he would have just stayed with both of em until she opened the backdoor.  Honestly, from the start of this, I've had the sinking feeling like several of you, it seems.   No surprise here that he didn't pass the poly.  And no surprise the foster mom bailed out on the poly, using pregnancy for her reason.  Am also in agreement with those of you that have said nothing dangerous to a pregnancy about a poly.  For pete's sake.  Wonder what LE thought of that as her answer?   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #337 on: August 30, 2009, 12:20:31 AM »

As others have pointed out, BART is the Bay Area Rapid Transit.  Emphasis on RAPID.  It's a train.  For those who take their children on these, it can be frightening getting them on and off. 

In the Sacramento area, there is a Rapid Transit minirail, (called the lightrail), a bit different from BART, in that it runs on tracks above ground, instead of thru a tunnel underground/under water.  BART connects Oakland to San Fran thru the tunnel. 

In Sacramento, parents need to have their children IN their arms or firmly holding onto each hand while boarding.  That's because the conductor is at the very front of the first car, and does not see those who are boarding at each door, of each car behind him/her.  Many's the time that a parent wasn't paying attention, and stepped onto the lightrail thinking their child/ren was right behind them.  The doors snap shut and the lightrail leaves.  Child/ren still standing near the boarding area, parents on lightrail frantic.  I've actually seen one man jump off at the next stop and start running all the way back to where the kids where left.   There's no way to get the attention of the conductor, unless one is in the first car right behind him/her. 

Then there are the tracks themselves, a clear and present danger for child or adult.  One must stand well behind "the line" painted next to the tracks.  A young child standing there alone very likely wouldn't realize the danger.  In other cities/states, rapid transit such as these, folks have accidentally or on purpose fallen down into the tracks, right into the path of a soon to arrive train. 

BART has loading areas, am wondering if there are tracks at the beginning and end.  There is no stopping in between the loading areas, it's like a one-way trip.  Get on at one end, get off at the other. 

But for this man to threaten to leave the little dude either AT the BART or ON the BART, either one (I've read it reported both ways), no matter that it was said in an angry moment, this is horrible horrible awful.  An instant and clear danger to the little dude had he gone thru with that.  Am positive that LE did not shrug off the statement in that text message.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #338 on: August 30, 2009, 12:21:38 AM »

You must have missed something Edward. Jennifer Campbell has always been the foster mom /aunt.

She took her sister's children in.

where is her sister ?  ross and campbell married ?
Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #339 on: August 30, 2009, 12:25:25 AM »

They probably thought that she could run but she can't hide.  She will not be pregnant forever.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.