March 28, 2024, 06:18:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hassani Campbell, 5,, Missing from car, Oakland Ca. 8-10-2009(Arrests 8/28)  (Read 154554 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #500 on: February 17, 2010, 01:19:41 AM »

I see I forgot how to spell again in my above post..

Well anyways I have been thinking this young fellow Hassani was probably placed in Niles canyon which has a lot of off the road and out of the way places to park a car..at the end of Niles canyon turn left and head for Dan-ville and Walnut creek for the entry to Mt. Diablo and its associated park. The problem is Mt. Diablo has eyes.. like rangers and sheriff and lots of hikers and bicycle riders ..Just hard to hide in my opinion..

Besides for what I think.. I do hope they find Hassani Campbell.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #501 on: February 17, 2010, 01:29:38 AM »

Ancient History on Mt.Diablo..

Human History: ca. 2000 B.C. According to one tradition, at the Dawn of Time, Mt. Diablo and Reed’s Peak were surrounded by water. From these two islands the creator Coyote and his assistant Eagle-man made Indian people and the world. In a Plains Miwok creation account, Mol-luk (Condor man) lived on the north side of Mt Diablo. His wife, the rock on which he roosted, gave birth to Wek-wek (Prairie Falcon-man). With the help of his grandfather Coyote-man, Wek-wek created Indian people, providing them with "everything, everywhere so they can live".
Edit to change color from maroon/red (colors used by admin/mods) to Navy.  MuffyBee

So again if somebody was Superstitious I could see him bringing Hassani to Mt.Diablo..
jmho
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 07:15:05 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #502 on: February 28, 2010, 02:46:27 PM »

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/scavenger/detail?entry_id=56487&tsp=1
Where did Hasanni's foster parents go?

The foster parents of Hasanni Campbell, a 6-year-old disabled boy missing since August, broke up and left their Fremont home.

KTVU reports that the home rented by Louis Ross, 38, and Jennifer Campbell, 33, is now empty and up for sale. Ross is reportedly in Arizona. The couple allegedly split up after the birth of their daughter in November.

<snip>

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #503 on: February 28, 2010, 02:48:36 PM »

BLOCK WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 04:23:37 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #504 on: March 06, 2010, 12:29:54 PM »

what happened to the well known psychic who supposedly knew where this child was ?

Ross has flown the coop.. 

I still say an all out search of Niles Canyon is the spot.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #505 on: March 10, 2010, 12:35:29 PM »

This child must be found.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #506 on: March 10, 2010, 12:41:58 PM »

This child must be found.

ITA with you on this, Edward.  Where's Hassani?  Has his case dropped through the cracks?  His aunt and Ross skittered away like roaches, imo. 

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #507 on: March 11, 2010, 05:01:55 PM »

This is a logical location of disposal.. MO.
I know the area well.

It is close to there prior home and it has a railway track system along side of it, as well as many pull off the road spots along the route.

There is a abandoned quarry also.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #508 on: March 11, 2010, 05:05:03 PM »

Sorry that is Niles canyon..star to star on the image posted above..

One of the interesting points of Niles canyon..
Early films were made here with Charlie Chapman.
It has an a private railroad that uses antique Trains.. 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #509 on: March 29, 2010, 11:39:04 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 10:40:56 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #510 on: March 30, 2010, 03:23:43 PM »

This poor sweet little guy.  I think of you often Hassani. 

*wishing that a couple of supposed caretakers could be arrested and charged, waterboarded, etc.  too bad being complete a$$holes isn't against the law.  my earnest wish for them, wherever they each managed to slither off to, is that each of them blows it and gets caught up short*

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #511 on: April 03, 2010, 05:27:55 PM »

http://www.ktvu.com/news/22960723/detail.html
Chief Batts: Hasanni Campbell Case Still A Priority
March 25, 2010

OAKLAND, Calif. --  At a monthly hearing to discuss the Oakland Police Department’s battle to reduce crime in the troubled city, Chief Anthony Batts said the investigation into the disappearance of Hasanni Campbell more than seven months ago "continues to be a priority" for the department.

Batts said, "There are some leads we're following up on and I hope they lead to a conclusion soon."

Deputy Chief Jeffrey Israel said the department recently partnered with the Alameda County sheriff's search and rescue team to try to find the missing Fremont boy -- who has cerebral palsy -- but was unable to locate him.

Israel declined to say what area was searched. Previously there were several other unsuccessful searches for Hasanni. Some were conducted by law enforcement officials and some were conducted by volunteers.

Hasanni was 5 years old at the time he was reported missing from the parking lot of Shuz of Rockridge in the 600 block of College Avenue in Oakland at about 4:15 p.m. on Aug. 10 and his sixth birthday was Sept. 24.

Hasanni lived in Fremont with his foster parents, Louis Ross and Jennifer Campbell, and another child.

Oakland police arrested Ross and Campbell on Aug. 28 but the Alameda County District Attorney's office said several days later that it wouldn't file charges against them because of insufficient evidence.<snip>

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #512 on: April 15, 2010, 01:49:07 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2010m4d9-Hassani-Campbell-update-Fundraiser-to-be-held-Saturday-to-continue-search-for-missing-Oakland-boy
Hassani Campbell update: Fundraiser to be held Saturday to continue search for missing Oakland boy
April 9, 2010

Hassani Campbell update: Fundraiser to be held Saturday to continue search for missing Oakland boy

Hassani Campbell has been missing since Aug. 10, 2009 and his whereabouts are still unknown. An event will be held Saturday to help fund a new search for the Oakland boy.

Hassani’s foster father, Louis Ross claims to have left Hassani—then 5-years-old—standing outside his BMW for two to five minutes, as he went to open the front door of the shoe store where the boy’s aunt, Jennifer Campbell, worked. He said he did so to ask her to open the back door so Hassani, who suffers from cerebral palsy, could enter with ease.

During an interview with HLN’s Nancy Grace, Ross explained, "By the time I got there [to the car], Jennifer is already out of the store, walking toward me, asking, 'Where is Hasanni?' And I say, 'What do you mean, where is Hasanni?' And I look around to the side, and he is no longer there."

To see photos regarding the case, click here.

In late August, both Ross and Hassani’s aunt were arrested on suspicion of murder, however, each was released shortly thereafter for lack of evidence. According to reports, they have since left the Oakland area.

The Citizens for the Lost Society will hold a rummage sale in Rockridge on Saturday, which will include art work, televisions, clothing, children’s toys, and other household goods. The event will take place from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the College Avenue Presbyterian Church at 5951 College Ave., in Oakland, according to the Oakland Tribune.

Additionally, at 4:15 p.m. on the day of the sale, 243 balloons will be released, which represent the number of days Hassani has been missing. The group will also hold a barbecue, and Hassani’s grandmother is slated to attend the event.

Those who want to donate items to the sale must do so at the church prior to 9 a.m. on Saturday.
For more information regarding the event, call 510-315-2321 or go to www.citizensforthelost.com.

I just saw this article and wanted to post it even though it's a week old.  It's good to see there is still interest in finding Hassani Campbell.  He's not forgotten.   an angelic monkey

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #513 on: April 15, 2010, 01:53:35 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 04:24:15 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #514 on: April 15, 2010, 01:55:09 PM »

http://www.kcbs.com/bayareanews/Search-for-Hassani-Campbell-Continues/6777029
Search for Hassani Campbell Continues
April 11, 2010

OAKLAND, Calfi. (KCBS)  -- Oakland police say the search for five-year-old Hassani Campbell remains a top priority eight months after he mysteriously disappeared.

The Fremont child was reported missing August 10th by his foster father, Louis Ross after the two allegedly visited Oakland's Rockridge neighborhood.

ListenKCBS' Mark Seelig reports

Ross told investigators that he left Hasanni inside his car to run an errand only to return and find the boy gone.

That touched off a massive search for the boy. San Leandro resident Sherry Lynn Miller volunteered to help then and is still out there today.

"He deserves to be found," she said. "It's everybody's responsibility to get out here and try to find him."

She has since formed a non-profit group to help streamline search efforts. This weekend, Miller and several volunteers hosted a fund-raiser at the Presbyterian church on College Avenue, complete with pictures of Hasanni tacked up everywhere.

"People don't remember until we do something big to let them know,'Hey, this child is still missing,'" Miller said.

Investigators never really bought the foster father's story, and Ross, and the boy's foster mother, Jennifer Campbell, were briefly jailed in the case, but were let go due to a lack of evidence. Both have since moved out of the area.

Police officer Jeff Thomason says despite that the case is very active. He says that investigator is currently re-interviewing witnesses and going over old clues. Hopefully, in the near future, says Thomason, the department will be able to bring closure to this case.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #515 on: July 08, 2010, 10:08:42 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 04:25:13 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #516 on: August 09, 2010, 07:14:17 PM »

Another search for boy with cerebral palsy
Published: Aug. 9, 2010 at 6:11 PM

OAKLAND, Calif., Aug. 9 (UPI) -- An Oakland man says he remains "hopeful" his son, missing since August 2009 and just one of about 2,000 children reported missing every day, will be found.

Like so many of the parents, grandparents, friends and community members holding out hope that a missing child will be brought home someday, Ronald Hughes refused to give up hope, The Oakland (Calif.) Tribune reported Monday.

His 5-year-old child, Hasanni, born with cerebral palsy, was in the care of his foster father Louis Ross when he disappeared from inside of Ross's BMW in August 2009.

Ross allegedly left the child alone in a back driveway then went to the front of Shuz of Rockridge in Oakland to tell his girlfriend, Jennifer Campbell, the boy's aunt and then-foster mother, he was there to drop off Hasanni, the newspaper said.

Hasanni was missing when he returned to the car, Ross told police.

"My thoughts are that (Hasanni) was kidnapped and I still have hope of finding him. I know somebody knows something," said the boy's grandmother, Pamela Clarke.

Ross and Campbell were arrested on suspicion of killing the child about three weeks after the incident but released because of lack of evidence even though Ross failed an FBI polygraph test.

"They never called and said, 'I apologize.' They never stopped by and gave me a hug. I guess in time. If it's fear, then it's fear," Hughes said.

The investigation is ongoing and police say they plan to conduct another search for the child, the Tribune said.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/08/09/Another-search-for-boy-with-cerebral-palsy/UPI-60381281391883/

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #517 on: August 09, 2010, 08:10:05 PM »

Thanks for the update Nut.  It's good to see it's still an "ongoing" investigation.  But I fear little Hassani was dead before his step father ever showed up at the shoe store.  JMHO  Hassani still needs to be found.  And there is the matter of justice.  I hope there will be just one little thing that someone overlooked, some little mistake someone made and it will be the answer. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #518 on: August 14, 2010, 07:18:06 PM »

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20100810/NEWS/100819975?Title=-No-signs-of-disabled-California-boy-1-year-later
No signs of disabled California boy 1 year later
August 10, 2010

OAKLAND — The one-time foster father of a 5-year-old Bay Area boy who went missing one year ago Tuesday is still considered the primary suspect in the boy's disappearance, Oakland police said.
Hasanni Campbell "met foul play at the hands of Louis Ross," Lt. Gus Galindo said on the anniversary of the Fremont boy's disappearance outside an Oakland shoe store's parking lot. Police are treating the case as a homicide.

Ross said he briefly left Hasanni, who has cerebral palsy, by his parked car in the city's upscale Rockridge neighborhood, where Ross' then-fiancee and the boy's biological aunt, Jennifer Campbell, worked.

He told police he went to the store's front entrance with Hasanni's infant sister to ask Campbell to open the back door, but when he returned to the parking lot, the boy was gone.

"My belief is (Hasanni) never made it to Oakland," Galindo said Tuesday. "I feel that Louis Ross is not being forthright."

Ross is still considered the main suspect because he was the last person to see Hasanni before he went missing, Galindo said.

After Hasanni disappeared, rallies were held, followed by vigils and searches in Oakland and surrounding areas as scores of volunteers passed out fliers and wore T-shirts bearing the boy's smiling face.

After publicly pleading for help, Ross and Campbell were arrested last year on suspicion of murder. They were later released because Alameda County prosecutors didn't have enough evidence to file charges.

The pair, who lost custody of Hasanni's sister, split up soon after the birth of their daughter in November. They moved out of their Fremont home this year.
Ross eventually moved to Maryland,and Campbell relocated in Arizona. Authorities have recently interviewed Campbell, and she is considered a person of interest, Galindo said.

Pamela Clark, Campbell's mother and Hasanni's grandmother, said Tuesday that she believes Hasanni was kidnapped, that he is alive and that her daughter and Ross had nothing to do with his disappearance.

"I believe he is alive. It is very important for me to keep hope alive," Campbell said. "I'm appealing with whoever has him to please bring him home safely to us."

Ross could not be reached for comment Tuesday.

During a vigil for Hasanni outside the shoe store last year, the soft-spoken Ross told The Associated Press that "in the court of public opinion, I've been charged, tried and convicted" in the boy's disappearance.

Police said 10 days before Hasanni went missing, Ross sent an expletive-filled text message to Campbell threatening to leave the boy alone on a train station platform. Ross also failed a polygraph test conducted by the FBI.

Police has released surveillance footage from a Walmart store in Fremont recorded on Aug. 6, 2009. They believe it was the last known sighting of the boy.

Hasanni is seen wearing jeans, a black jacket, black shoes and a red and blue cap. He and his sister were recorded shopping with Ross and Campbell.

"Oh, (Ross) definitely knows something. His story has never really made any sense," said Sherri-Lyn Miller, a volunteer who has organized numerous searches and also co-founded a nonprofit, Citizens for the Lost Society, in response to Hasanni's disappearance.

Her group planned to meet with Alameda County deputy district attorney Tom Rogers, followed by a rally for Hasanni in Oakland and an evening vigil in neighboring Hayward, Calif.
Miller, who believes that Hasanni is not alive, said he should not be forgotten because he was a foster child and the state of California's responsibility.

"It's time," Miller said. "It's time that we have answers and bring Hasanni home."

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #519 on: August 16, 2010, 07:44:47 PM »

Thanks for the update Nut.  It's good to see it's still an "ongoing" investigation.  But I fear little Hassani was dead before his step father ever showed up at the shoe store.  JMHO  Hassani still needs to be found.  And there is the matter of justice.  I hope there will be just one little thing that someone overlooked, some little mistake someone made and it will be the answer. 

Muffy, well said.  Just one little thing . . . Justice for Hassani!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.