March 19, 2024, 04:03:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hassani Campbell, 5,, Missing from car, Oakland Ca. 8-10-2009(Arrests 8/28)  (Read 154395 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #280 on: August 24, 2009, 10:13:16 AM »

Why not just call his wife on her cell phone and have her open the back door ?
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #281 on: August 24, 2009, 11:04:04 AM »

I agree Edward. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #282 on: August 24, 2009, 11:06:01 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 01:21:37 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #283 on: August 24, 2009, 10:05:57 PM »

http://www.ktvu.com/news/20538270/detail.html
Vigil For Hasanni Campbell Will Be Held Tonight

Posted: 4:42 pm PDT August 24, 2009
OAKLAND, Calif. -- There will be a candlelight vigil in Oakland at 6:30 p.m. Monday night for Hasanni Campbell, a 5-year-old boy who disappeared two weeks ago, according to his aunt.

Trinity Schwabacher, Hasanni's aunt, said the vigil will be in the parking lot of the Shuz of Rockridge shoe store in the 6000 block of Rockridge Avenue in Oakland, which is where his foster mother, Jennifer Campbell, works.

Hasanni was reported missing from the store's parking lot at about 4:15 p.m. on Aug. 10. His foster father, Louis Ross, was the last person to see him, according to authorities.

Hasanni, who has cerebral palsy, lived in Fremont with Campbell and Ross.

Oakland police spokesman Jeff Thomason said Monday day that police are still searching for Hasanni but there aren't any new developments in their investigation.

Schwabacher said Campbell and Ross will be at the vigil and the organizers of the event will be selling T-shirts with Hasanni's picture.

She said Hasanni's family members are trying to raise money to increase the reward for information leading to Hasanni.

Oakland police and Crime Stoppers have announced a $10,000 reward, but Schwabacher said, "$10,000 is nothing" and family members would like to have the amount increased.

She said there also will be a sign-up sheet for volunteers who want to help find Hasanni.

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #284 on: August 25, 2009, 02:59:52 AM »

I wondered the same thing too unless she kept her cell phone in her purse while working or was not allowed to have it on while working. Either way, if this was routine, you would think that calling on the cell phone to have her open the back door would be common place.

Another thing I still can not understand is why that same day he made a trip to the bank and left the children at the home alone. Who does that?? 

I feel like LW did something careless and Hassani had some sort of accident while unsupervised. I do not feel like he would intentionally hurt the child. I also feel like foster mom is aware of what happened and the two of them panicked and made this whole thing up.

She does not appear too stable mentally either. She reminds me of a weak, stray, beaten down animal. Almost as if he controls everything she does. They seem like quite the odd couple. JMO....

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #285 on: August 26, 2009, 07:54:48 AM »

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=67565

America's Most Wanted
Hassani Campbell File

Overview
FBI Joins The Search For Hasanni Campbell

The search for 5-year-old Hasanni Campbell continues in Northern California as the FBI has joined the search for the missing boy.

Authorities say that Hasanni, his foster father, Louis Ross, and Hasanni's 1-year-old sister were headed to a shoe store, Shuz of Rockridge, on Aug. 10, 2009.

Ross was at the shop to meet with Hasanni's aunt, who was going to take the children for the evening.

Ross told police he left Hasanni in his late-model BMW while he took Haasanni's sister with him towards the shop.

When he returned to the car, Hasanni was gone.

Police say Hasanni suffers from cerebral palsy and has trouble walking.  He uses leg braces to get around.

Authorities have confiscated Ross' BMW and are now looking at Hasanni's Fremont, Calif. home for clues. Cops have also been searching fields and wetlands in nearby Hayward and Fremont.  So far, they say there have been no substantial leads.  Police say that the family have been cooperating with the investigation.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #286 on: August 26, 2009, 08:00:49 AM »

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=6980923
Another vigil held for Hasanni Campbell
Monday, August 24, 2009 | 11:57 PM
(Video at Link)

By Alan Wang and Vic Lee

OAKLAND, CA (KGO) -- A vigil is just getting underway in Oakland tonight to focus the public's attention on Hasanni Campbell, the five year old boy who's now been missing for two weeks

Police is not talking about any new leads, but we do know that police said that there were no new searches and no new search warrants filed. A vigil is took place at the rear driveway of the shoe store where Hasanni's foster dad told police the child was last seen.
his is one of those stories that has a lot of people speculating and the couple realizes many people think Louis Ross, the foster father, had something to do with it.

About 20 people showed up at Monday night's vigil for missing 5-year-old Hasanni, which is twice as many as the turnout last week.

"If we got the public out here, wouldn't that save on manpower and wouldn't the truth come out then once he's found?" said Ross.

Police said they are doing everything they can to find the boy, but Hasanni's foster parents say they realize public support is not on their side.

"You have to justify all of your actions. Everything you do you have to justify," said Ross.

Ross is dogged by the fact that he's the only one who can place Hasanni behind the Rockridge shoe store the day the boy disappeared.

Also, a police affidavit obtained by ABC7, shows a text message from Ross to Jennifer Campbell, the foster mother. Regarding Hasanni and his one year old sister, Ross wrote: "This (expletive) is over. I will watch her [his 1 year old daughter] but he [Hasanni] will be out on the BART and it's your responsibility to hey [sic] him, so (expletive) you."

"I understand, again, the police have to do their job, but if you're going to leak information, leak it all," said Ross.

Ross says it was an impassioned text message exchange, but he says it was taken out of context from the full message. Aside from that, the couple says the pressures of being under public and police scrutiny have been intense.

"On the BART, as I'm going up the escalator, on the loudspeaker, 'I hope they throw you in jail,'" said Ross.

When asked if Campbell could tell she was being monitored, she replied, "Yes. You're phone doesn't dial, like it doesn't pick up a signal as well. When you go out, there's certain cars that you keep seeing over and over again," said Campbell.

At the vigil, several volunteers signed up to help search for Hasanni. Also, organizers say a website called FindHasanni.com will be launched in two days.

The couple says a vigil will be held behind the shoe store every Monday at 6:30 p.m.

The organizer of the vigil is a seasoned volunteer who has helped a lot of causes.

Sherri-Lyn Miller makes custom t-shirts for a living from her small shop in San Leandro. Little Hasanni's face is now featured on her newest t-shirts.

"You have to keep the child's face up there and t-shirts are a big way to do it. People walk past you on the streets. They're going to look at your t-shirt before they look at a flyer," said Miller. "Somebody needs to step up and help and I have a platform where I'm able to do that."

On Saturday, Miller helped organize a fundraiser to increase the reward money. She says the event netted $600.

"We're just a small one person business and if we can do it, then there's large corporations out there that I know can step up and help," said Miller.

Miller has volunteered her time and effort for other high profile cases. She made t-shirts and printed 10,000 flyers when 8-year-old Sandra Cantu of Tracy went missing in March.

Miller raised $4,000 for the search effort from the sale of those t-shirts.

"It was an amazing experience for me just to see how a community can come together to look for a child," said Miller.

Sadly, Sandra's body was found after a 10-day search. Miller hopes this time her efforts will produce a different outcome.

"This poor little boy just needs to come home. He deserves to come home," she said.

Miller also sold close to 800 t-shirts that raised $7,500 for a fund that helps the widows of the four Oakland police officers who were killed March 21st.

Her t-shirt hangs prominently on the wall of her store.

"That's where I get my reward. Just to know that I was able to help somebody," said Miller.

Miller is helping to find little Hasanni and the vigil is underway in the Rockridge District in Oakland.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #287 on: August 26, 2009, 08:03:15 AM »

http://www.ktvu.com/news/20553498/detail.html
Store Owner Calls For Help In Hasanni Campbell Search

Posted: 3:08 pm PDT August 25, 2009
OAKLAND, Calif. -- San Leandro business owner Sherri Miller said today that she's looking for more businesses to step forward and help raise money to increase the reward for information about Hasanni Campbell, a 5-year-old Fremont boy who disappeared more than two weeks ago.

Oakland police and Crime Stoppers have announced a $10,000 reward in the search for Hasanni, who was reported missing from the parking lot of the Shuz of Rockridge shoe store in the 6000 block of College Avenue in Oakland at about 4:15 p.m. on Aug. 10.

Hasanni's aunt and foster mother, Jennifer Campbell, works at the store. His foster father, Louis Ross, was the last person to see Hasanni alive, according to authorities.

Miller, who owns the All in One Stop store in San Leandro, said she would like to increase the reward by at least $5,000, to a total of at least $15,000.

She said she's planning to organize an auction to raise money but is waiting for more businesses to donate items.

Miller said Highline Custom Jewelry in Hayward has donated a watch worth $1,900 and Tone's Auto Detail in Oakland raised $650 at a car wash on Saturday.

She said she's printed about 2,000 missing-persons fliers at her shop and has also donated T-shirts to raise awareness about Hasanni's disappearance.

In addition, Miller said a Web site, www.findhassani.com, is expected to be up by Wednesday.

A vigil for Hasanni was held in the shoe store's parking lot Monday night and Miller said vigils will be held there every Monday night until the boy is found.

She said about two dozen people attended the vigil Monday night, which she said was twice the number of people who showed up the previous Monday night.

Miller said she got involved in the search for Hasanni after she saw his foster parents on TV and noticed that they didn't have any T-shirts with Hasanni's picture. She said her business makes business cards, banners and custom clothes, including T-shirts.

Oakland police spokesman Jeff Thomason said today that police are still searching for Hasanni but that there aren't any new developments in the case.

People who want to donate items for the fundraising auction may call Miller at (510) 276-9090.

People who have information about the case can call Crime Stoppers at (510) 777-8572 or (510) 777-3211.

Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

Hassani Campbell *Still Missing*

« Reply #288 on: August 26, 2009, 09:55:21 AM »

Things look grim for Hassani.

This is just my theory, but I believe he was killed by his foster father and then dumped into the bay. He then took Hassani's little sister to his wife's job and then faked a kidnapping to cover his tracks.

The water in the Bay is terribly cold and there are sharks out there. I'm hoping maybe Hassani's remains will wash up in the next few weeks (if this is what happened).

I believe the reason for murder is life insurance money or some type of payment that would be made in the event of Hassani's death. I'm glad CPS has taken his sister away from these two.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #289 on: August 26, 2009, 11:35:09 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 01:31:24 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #290 on: August 26, 2009, 12:22:46 PM »

It is just my opinion that Too many people live in this area for some other person to have not seen Hassani or the vehicle Hassani would/Could Have been inside of /or May have been taken away in.
If Hassani was carried away by some person on foot then for sure somebody would have seen it..

I have a good mind to go up there today and take pictures of this area so everyone can see for themselves the situation..

I also notice that the shoe store owner is not standing up to help..Why Is That ?

Anyways.. I am just sayin and not discounting the efforts of a good citizen who is stepping up to try and help find a child.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #291 on: August 26, 2009, 03:37:16 PM »

Edward if you do take those pictures, I would very much look forward to seeing them.
I know if you're there you'll also look for store cameras.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #292 on: August 26, 2009, 03:40:22 PM »

or simply call the store phone and ask to speak with Jennifer. 

MunkeyMunk
Scared Monkey

MONAVIE- Drink it. Feel it. Share it.

« Reply #293 on: August 27, 2009, 06:13:06 PM »

Hassani where are you?????
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #294 on: August 27, 2009, 08:06:47 PM »

It looks like the website is up now: http://www.findhasanni.com/  but seems a work in progress.

I didn't find much news today about Hassani. 

Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #295 on: August 28, 2009, 07:26:56 PM »

On Nancy Grace's Facebook page it's reporting that Hassani's foster parents have been arrested, but I'm finding nothing on Google about that.

Hopefully it's true. Hassani deserves to be found.
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #296 on: August 28, 2009, 07:36:34 PM »

On Nancy Grace's Facebook page it's reporting that Hassani's foster parents have been arrested, but I'm finding nothing on Google about that.

Hopefully it's true. Hassani deserves to be found.

I just saw that too!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #297 on: August 28, 2009, 07:43:31 PM »

Aug 28, 2009 4:39 pm US/Pacific

Missing East Bay Boy's Foster Parents Arrested

The foster parents of a missing 5-year-old boy with cerebral palsy were arrested Friday afternoon on suspicion of murder in his disappearance, Oakland police said.

A lawyer who had been advising Louis Ross and Jennifer Campbell also confirmed their arrests but did not know further details.

Oakland police spokesman Jeff Thomason said the couple were being questioned by investigators after being taken into custody.

Hasanni Campbell's been missing since Aug. 10, when his foster father left him in a car parked outside a Rockridge neighborhood shoe store where his foster mother works.

Ross told authorities that he left the car to unlock the store door to give Hasanni, who wears braces on his legs, easier access. Hasanni was gone when he returned.

http://cbs5.com/crime/foster.parents.arrested.2.1150728.html
Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #298 on: August 28, 2009, 07:47:42 PM »

Missing 5-Year-Old's Foster Parents Held for Murder

Hasanni Campbell's aunt and fiancee are being held by Oakland Police

The foster parents of a missing 5-year-old Fremont boy were arrested for murder Friday afternoon in connection with his disappearance, Oakland Police said.

Oakland Police spokesman Jeff Thomason said Friday that Hasanni Campbell's aunt Jennifer Campbell and her fiancee Louis Ross were arrested. Oakland attorney John Burris, who has been advising the couple,  said he was notified of the arrests this afternoon but he did not know what the couple was being held for.

Hasanni was reported missing from the parking lot of the Shuz of Rockridge shoe store in the 6000 block of College Avenue in Oakland at about 4:15 p.m. on Aug. 10.

Campbell works at the store and police say Ross was the last person to see Hasanni before he disappeared.

Police have served multiple search warrants as part of the investigation into the disappearance of the boy and the boy's foster father turned over a sword to investigators, a police spokesman and an Oakland attorney said last week.

Hasanni had been living with his foster parents, Ross and Jennifer Campbell -- who is also  Hasanni's aunt -- at a home on Roxie Terrace in Fremont before he was reported missing.

Police spokesman Officer Jeff Thomason said last week at least one of the search warrants was served at the Roxie Terrace home, but he declined to disclose what police were looking for there.

"The sword is something I keep underneath my bed." Ross told NBC Bay Area earlier. "The sword was initially put in the closet, to be honest. But we had some incidents, a couple of incidents where somebody was setting off our alarm while it was in our garage."

Investigators gave Ross a polygraph test but he failed it. He says the test was fraudulent.

Ross initially responded to the polygraph result by calling them a fraud.

"They gave me five questions. Three were controls. The controls was: Is my name Loius Ross? Am I 38-years-old? Do I live in Fremont? Then they asked two other questions around the case. They showed me results that said I was 99 percent deceptive." Ross detailed. "So he told me I didn't even get my name right."

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local-beat/Hasannis-Foster-Parents-Arrested-55906027.html
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #299 on: August 28, 2009, 08:05:01 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/livenow?id=6988627

Live video of the search.

My poor little dude. I knew he was gone. Sad

I have been so sad avoiding the boards. Nevaeh, Jada, Robert, it's just been so much sadness lately. I needed a break.

The day I "come back" and they are arrested for his murder.

I am so sorry Hassani. I hope that the police can find you so you get the funeral that every angel gone too soon deserves.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.