March 28, 2024, 05:31:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #50 8/23/09 - 9/14/09  (Read 433076 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #260 on: August 24, 2009, 03:26:41 AM »

I am going to check around and see if I can understand Christine's story better.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #261 on: August 24, 2009, 04:36:28 AM »

WICHITA, Kan. —  A man and woman in Wichita face possible life sentences in prison after being convicted of sexual assault in what prosecutors called the prostitution of the woman's 5-year-old daughter, KansasCity.com has reported.

On Friday, a jury deliberated about three hours before finding both adults guilty of two counts of rape and one count of sodomy. The mother was also convicted of aggravated child endangerment.

The couple faces 25 years to life in prison under Jessica's Law, which was passed in 2006 to toughen laws against child sexual abuse, KansasCity.com reports.

Prosecutors said the 48-year-old mother allowed her male acquaintance, 51-year-old Reggie Stafford, to abuse her daughter.

The girl testified her mother would use the money the friend gave her to buy "whiskey and cigarettes."

Neither adult presented evidence in their defense before the case went to the jury.

Sentencing is scheduled for Oct. 1.

The couple faces 25 years to life in prison under Jessica's Law, which was passed in 2006 to toughen laws against child sexual abuse, KansasCity.com reports.

Prosecutors said the 48-year-old mother allowed her male acquaintance, 51-year-old Reggie Stafford, to abuse her daughter.

The girl testified her mother would use the money the friend gave her to buy "whiskey and cigarettes."

Neither adult presented evidence in their defense before the case went to the jury.

What a disgrace. 

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #262 on: August 24, 2009, 06:17:43 AM »

See you monkeys later.Gotta fix some snacks. 

Wow!  Look at you, trimm 

Good Morning Muffy.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #263 on: August 24, 2009, 06:19:32 AM »

Is this MyTime's card playing partner?   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #264 on: August 24, 2009, 08:44:09 AM »

GOOD MORNING ALL! 

TRIMM HAVE YOU SEEN THIS 

By Jason Morton Staff Writer
Published: Saturday, August 22, 2009 at 6:00 a.m.
Last Modified: Friday, August 21, 2009 at 11:59 p.m.
TUSCALOOSA | The University of Alabama has been targeted by a check-scamming operation aimed at potential victims across the nation.

About 20 checks that appear to have been drawn on a UA account at BBVA Compass Bank have popped up in locations ranging from California to Pennsylvania, said UA spokeswoman Cathy Andreen.

“The university is conducting an investigation and has shared this information with the proper federal authorities due to the multistate jurisdictional issues involved,” Andreen said, adding that anyone with information about the checks is asked to contact the UA Police Department.

Andreen said most of the checks, which arrive in FedEx packages, contain instructions for the recipient to cash the check, keep a percentage of the cash and forward the remainder to a third party.

It appears so far that UA is the only school targeted in this scam.

“As far as I know, the investigators are not aware of any [schools],” Andreen said, noting that the school has lost no money because the checks are forgeries.

It’s unclear exactly when the check-scam operation began, but Don Ellsworth of Girard, Pa., received his package on Aug. 15.

“It looked very fishy to me,” said Ellsworth, 67.

A retired professor, Ellsworth was concerned because he has no ties to the University of Alabama.

Ellsworth said his package contained just the $2,550 check, complete with UA’s logo in the upper left corner. It did not come with instructions.

The packing slip bore not only his address, but also his cell phone number.

The only other contact information on the packing slip was that of a Nashville, Tenn., resident who was listed as the sender.

Ellsworth called that number and said it was answered by a woman in Linden, Pa. She said at least five people had already called her that morning asking similar questions, Ellsworth said.

“I just called to see if I could figure anything more out,” Ellsworth said. “There were no instructions or anything.”

Attempts by The Tuscaloosa News to reach the Linden resident were unsuccessful, but the outgoing message on the answering machine references the letters, and tells callers to contact the FedEx security office.

Ann Saccomano, a spokeswoman for FedEx, said the company learned of the letters only after they were contacted by The Tuscaloosa News earlier this week.

“This seems to be a new one for us,” Saccomano said. “We don’t tolerate the use of our system for this sort of thing.”

Brandi Brownell, a spokeswoman for BBVA Compass Bank, said the bank was aware of the scam and was investigating.

“This is a recurring scam that is going across the country — a lot of banks are experiencing it,” she said. “Our security department is aware of it and we’re closely monitoring the situation.”

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #265 on: August 24, 2009, 10:01:15 AM »

WICHITA, Kan. —  A man and woman in Wichita face possible life sentences in prison after being convicted of sexual assault in what prosecutors called the prostitution of the woman's 5-year-old daughter, KansasCity.com has reported.

On Friday, a jury deliberated about three hours before finding both adults guilty of two counts of rape and one count of sodomy. The mother was also convicted of aggravated child endangerment.

What a disgrace. 

I really think that a bullet between the eyes would be better than 25 years of three hots and a cot. But then again I am known as a bit of a beoch . . .   

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #266 on: August 24, 2009, 11:03:11 AM »

Thanks Monken.I hadn't seen that.   

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #267 on: August 24, 2009, 11:07:15 AM »

Thanks Monken.I hadn't seen that.   

Days,hours,minutes.......
12:08:54 and counting...........        

~ Peter Frampton
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #268 on: August 24, 2009, 11:26:56 AM »

an angelic monkey  isn't my new avatar cute.   

Why is CBB yelling about this cute picture?

CBB, are you sniffing M&Ms again?

I have no idea........maybe because she did not make it??   

But I DID make it! That's the point! 

If everybody's going to pick on me, I'm taking my marbles and going to bed!   

Awh, CBB don't let the hooligans get to you.  Many have lost their marbles and we could use yours here.   

Get your hands out of your mother, do you know how many germa live on that finger.   

I don't even want to know what kind of games you and PT play...

Me neither!

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #269 on: August 24, 2009, 11:45:55 AM »

Quick update on Crystol:  I brought her home late last night from that Care Center place that was suppose to be so wonderful - NOT!   They gave her potent medicine 12 hours early and not with a high fat food as it was suppose to be given with.  The result was when I got there and she was telling me she wanted to go outside to potty, I took her out and bilirubin spilled from her.  In addition they cut her leg shaving it for the IV - and had to use her other leg.  They still have no explanation for the fist sized bruising.  Her lab values showed a prolonged clotting on admission and are now almost normal.  She is stable but now I must find a place who I can trust to do this surgery. 
The doctor I adore (her old vet that cared for her most of her life) started a week vacation today.  I cried when I found that out.  So, I assume the universe or God is limiting the choices for a reason.  So, she has an appointment today at 2:30 with the local vet at the place she has been going.  She is seeing the partner of her usual doctor as he has done the most gallbladder procedures.  I will update this eve more as I know more. 
It has been a horrible weekend, but I do think the only explanation for her improvement in the clotting is the prayers you guys and so many other are sending her way. If medicine can't explain it then I think we can!  So, THANK YOU to everyone who posted and those who didn't post but were praying for her.  I read from the rafters and absorbed the love, but was too sad to log in.  More later today. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #270 on: August 24, 2009, 11:51:29 AM »

ANJM, I'm hear and my prayers are with you  an angelic monkey I hope and pray that everything goes well at the vet.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #271 on: August 24, 2009, 11:51:52 AM »

ANJ.....   an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #272 on: August 24, 2009, 12:08:06 PM »

Quick update on Crystol:  I brought her home late last night from that Care Center place that was suppose to be so wonderful - NOT!   They gave her potent medicine 12 hours early and not with a high fat food as it was suppose to be given with.  The result was when I got there and she was telling me she wanted to go outside to potty, I took her out and bilirubin spilled from her.  In addition they cut her leg shaving it for the IV - and had to use her other leg.  They still have no explanation for the fist sized bruising.  Her lab values showed a prolonged clotting on admission and are now almost normal.  She is stable but now I must find a place who I can trust to do this surgery. 
The doctor I adore (her old vet that cared for her most of her life) started a week vacation today.  I cried when I found that out.  So, I assume the universe or God is limiting the choices for a reason.  So, she has an appointment today at 2:30 with the local vet at the place she has been going.  She is seeing the partner of her usual doctor as he has done the most gallbladder procedures.  I will update this eve more as I know more. 
It has been a horrible weekend, but I do think the only explanation for her improvement in the clotting is the prayers you guys and so many other are sending her way. If medicine can't explain it then I think we can!  So, THANK YOU to everyone who posted and those who didn't post but were praying for her.  I read from the rafters and absorbed the love, but was too sad to log in.  More later today. 

ANJ - prayers still coming your way. Keep us posted as your are able.  You both are in our hearts.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #273 on: August 24, 2009, 01:17:04 PM »

ANJM - My hearts breaks for you.     My prayers and thoughts are with both of you. 

(((hugs)))

Kiss your little girl a kiss for me!    
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #274 on: August 24, 2009, 01:25:22 PM »

ANJM - My hearts breaks for you.     My prayers and thoughts are with both of you. 

(((hugs)))

Thanks everyone.  I am sitting here ready to go early if need be.  She started with the cough thing again - the one she did before the hematoma appeared.  I gave her allergy med, as the crap place didn't give her that either.  Seems to be calming so we might make it the hour till we get there.  It feels like this without the smile............ Sad 

MYTIME -  I gave her one of these    and she really liked it cause mama doesn't let her wear red lipstick and now she has some!  I really got up, walked over and told her this is from MyTime! 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #275 on: August 24, 2009, 02:03:53 PM »

ANJM  an angelic monkey
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #276 on: August 24, 2009, 03:05:57 PM »

Dear Monkey Friends -

Last night I took my very first (and my very last) ambein.   

I think this explains many of my posts from last time.  Sorry!!   an angelic monkey

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #277 on: August 24, 2009, 03:08:21 PM »

(((hugs)))

Thanks everyone.  I am sitting here ready to go early if need be.  She started with the cough thing again - the one she did before the hematoma appeared.  I gave her allergy med, as the crap place didn't give her that either.  Seems to be calming so we might make it the hour till we get there.  It feels like this without the smile............ Sad 

MYTIME -  I gave her one of these    and she really liked it cause mama doesn't let her wear red lipstick and now she has some!  I really got up, walked over and told her this is from MyTime! 

awe, you are too cute!   
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #278 on: August 24, 2009, 03:25:00 PM »

Dear Monkey Friends -

I think this explains many of my posts from last time.  Sorry!!   an angelic monkey

If you go to JSM's blog from yesterday, I posted a few activities my husband has done while on Ambien. 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #279 on: August 24, 2009, 03:34:52 PM »

Dear Monkey Friends -

If you go to JSM's blog from yesterday, I posted a few activities my husband has done while on Ambien. 

NoRose,I was laughing my azz off.

MyTime...... do not take it ever.   

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.