March 28, 2024, 05:57:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #50 8/23/09 - 9/14/09  (Read 433082 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #380 on: August 25, 2009, 04:26:08 PM »

ANJ.....I am so happy that Crystol is out of surgery and in recovery on a web cam...!  She is a tiny little thing but so cute.

Tabby cat is eating better and drinking well....so she stays on her amoxicillin pink liquid twice a day.  Since she has never been sick one day before, I have not had the experience of a cat with respiratory illness.  A friend has told me that it takes a long
time for them to get over this.  Thank you for asking about her.

Please let us know how she is doing.......
My prayers are with your cat, does she take the amoxicillin well, or do you have to disguise it in something for her to take? I don't think I've ever had liquid medicine for Zoe, always pills that get hidden in peanut butter.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #381 on: August 25, 2009, 04:31:26 PM »

ANJ,thanks for the update.Have you eaten anything today?Be sure and take care of yourself.   an angelic monkey

Okay, I will eat or you and Sunny will double team me! LOL

Okay.   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #382 on: August 25, 2009, 04:31:31 PM »

I haven't read back, will do that next.  But to stay positive I have been collecting screen shots and trying to make them as cheerful or funny as I can (on pins and needles).  But, MyTime, Deenie and Sassy must go find their pics! LOL

http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/LifeCoachOnTheCouch/Surgery%20day/

She is up and down.  But resting good for her.  She is one of those highly aware people pleaser doggies, so she rests much better home than in the hospital.  Three days out and this is a mute issue in her life - I can't wait! 

Thanks for sharing your pictures with us.   I think its pretty cool that you could watch her.   I'm like the other monkeys - nervous for you.   I think I'd have to clean house or shop, something to keep my mind occupied.   You're a brave soul.     an angelic monkey
I'm glad she's out of surgery.  Will keep her in prayer.   She is so cute.

Mere -  I have a cat that has chronic respiratory infections.    To keep her immune system up, I give her Enisyl-F.   The vet may give this to you, as well.    If not, you might want to ask about it.   I actually buy it off of Amazon because it is cheaper than buying it through the vet. 

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #383 on: August 25, 2009, 04:31:59 PM »

Mere,Prayers to your Tabby.    an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #384 on: August 25, 2009, 04:34:43 PM »

I have not heard anything from my DR. so I am assuming no news is good news.  But I will call them tomorrow tomorrow.   

Oh,we'll be waiting on you to give us a report.We have our eyes on you.   

~ Peter Frampton
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #385 on: August 25, 2009, 04:35:24 PM »

ANJM - I can't believe you can see Crystol on a web cam.  That would make me a nervous wreck.  I would take a nap or clean and wait for the phone call.  I am nervous just for you.

You both are in my thoughs and prayers.    (now we all have matching red lipstick, lol)

We will need some of those Prada shoes by the time we are done with all this.  Don't they have the red soles?

Watching helps me know she is stable.  I am weird, but you all knew that already! LOL

LOL..Wierd is spending 2 days anda night in the lobby of a  University Vet school until they agree to see your baby without an appointment....

SOUNDS PERFECTLY NORMAL TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #386 on: August 25, 2009, 04:44:08 PM »

I have not heard anything from my DR. so I am assuming no news is good news.  But I will call them tomorrow tomorrow.   

I'm not sure what's going on MT - but sending up a prayer for you.     an angelic monkey
I like your new avi.  so cute.
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #387 on: August 25, 2009, 05:35:51 PM »

ANJ I'm so glad to hear all is going well!! I think it's pretty cool you have all those screen shots from the web cam! What a great thing to be able to have access to!! I will continue on with my prayers until she is home and completely healed.

I was right there when my little guy was neutered. It was done by laser too, so hardly any blood at all, which is a good thing for me as I don't handle blood well at all.  I wasn't sure I would be able to handle the sx either, but I found it fascinating. Of course, I had already observed 2 autopsies before hand and once you observe a full autopsy, neutering is a small deal in comparison. But the thing with my Eddie was, he quit breathing many times during the sx. So that was his big issue during sx. Thank goodness a good friend of mine was the one who was monitoring that situation and she was right on top of it. So yes, I was a little shaken as I have seen pets pass away under anesthesia for dental cleanings or even before sx started. That is why it is so important to make sure you have blood work done before anything that requires anesthesia on your pets, as the tests will pick up the warning signs in most cases. It's an additional cost but so worth the money spent.
I agree Tupelo!!!!!!  I worked in MICU and SICU for years and you see a ton in there.  Once you have seen an carotid artery paint a room and all within red you can handle just about anything. 
I am adding pics less frequently but some and have some in holding still - but that was therapeutic for me to do something while watching.
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #388 on: August 25, 2009, 05:38:20 PM »

ANJ.....I am so happy that Crystol is out of surgery and in recovery on a web cam...!  She is a tiny little thing but so cute.

Tabby cat is eating better and drinking well....so she stays on her amoxicillin pink liquid twice a day.  Since she has never been sick one day before, I have not had the experience of a cat with respiratory illness.  A friend has told me that it takes a long
time for them to get over this.  Thank you for asking about her.

Please let us know how she is doing.......

OMG Great news Mere - the universe is hearing all our prayers for both our babies!  I will envision clear breathing now for Tabby when I think of him and pray for him.  We can take a long road, it is the dead end road that I can't deal with.  (((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) my fellow furr friend!
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #389 on: August 25, 2009, 05:39:51 PM »

ANJ,thanks for the update.Have you eaten anything today?Be sure and take care of yourself.   an angelic monkey

Oh yeah, knew there was something I was forgetting.........but I got a shower!
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #390 on: August 25, 2009, 05:42:43 PM »

Sassy did you see your pic and the caption? LOL  I was being silly like she could see the right side of the screen - I get goofy trying to stay positive under stress - that is odd, but still better than the alternative, right? LOL
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #391 on: August 25, 2009, 08:24:27 PM »

Update :     BABY IS HOME!!!!!!!

She is groggy and wiped out, but has pee'd and is not interested in water yet, but that is okay.  She wakes up like okay, I am back (fast, startled look!) then is like, hold that thought, I need a nap!  She does whimmer - so dainty and sad, but she will be feeling better and forget all this!

If you are really bored, here is her day in pics:http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/LifeCoachOnTheCouch/Surgery%20day/

I think she wants to be a monkey Klaas! 

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE LOVE< PRAYERS< SUPPORT AND LAUGHS!
floridatreasure9
Scared Monkey

I miss you my Precious Butchie

« Reply #392 on: August 25, 2009, 08:31:48 PM »

Floridatreasure9 ~ I see you up in the rafters and I saw your prayer request for your furbaby.  I lost a furbaby to CHF.  Losing pets is so difficult.  My kitty was on Lasics(?) to move the fluid but eventually had no quality of life, she was the runt.  I don't want to be "Debbie Downer" (as JSM would say) but I want to let you know that I'm pulling for your furbaby that he/she has a long and comfortable remainder here on earth with lots of love.

ANJM ~ praying for Chrystol

Praying for Monkeys with health issues, furbabys with health issues, etc.  You are all in my prayers. an angelic monkey

Lovin I am so sorry for the loss of your kitty, It is so hard to deal with..You are not being "Debbie Downer" I appericate any and all prayers, information, well wishes, for Butchie (he is a boy Smile... Butchie is on ...Theophylline E.R. 300mg 2x day. it is a bronchodilator used to open air passages in the lung....Spironolactone 50mg 2x day....Furosemide 80mg 2x day..Enalapril Maleate 15mg 2x day...Hydrocodone-homatropine syrmor 1teaspoon 2x day...
 The new vet he is going to now is Wonderful and I am so thankful for him.   an angelic monkey The other vet had him on sooooo many different meds..that did Not help him, just drugged him    ..every 2 weeks we was at the "Bad" vets office ...Butch has had just about every test possible , come to find out what the "Bad" vet was charging me for meds, test, ect was just a ripoff! Between being worried sick, not sleeping, missing work, crying until my eyes was so red and swollen scared out of my mind, Plus what All my Precious Butchie was put through and was going through and all the Wrong meds the "Bad" vet had him on, I felt like I was loosing it. I felt like I had let my precious baby down even though I was trying to do the best thing for him...I pretty much lost it in the vets office after she said "Maybe his coughing is because he has allergies from you or your house, maybe your drywall" ...WHAT in the He77 !! This after her "treating" him since March!!!
I found this "New" wonderful vet..he told me what Butchie has and put him on the right meds and at a Much lower price (the meds)!!!  His coughing is much better. As heartbreaking as it is to know Butchie only has a few months left here with me and Trust me it is ripping my heart out..it was such a load off of my mind to know the rest of his time here he will have the best most wonderful vet taking care of him. Along with All of my love and kisses and hugs
 Sorry for the Long post, God Bless you all
Michelle
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #393 on: August 25, 2009, 08:36:17 PM »

Well, obviously the day is starting to show!
Whimmers = Whimpers

Lets try the link again
http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/LifeCoachOnTheCouch/Surgery%20day/

and now, how about the right pic for the joke.......  Note the caption: Let's get this straight - when I said I wanted to be in the cage, I MEANT  SM Cage!!  Got it?

floridatreasure9
Scared Monkey

« Reply #394 on: August 25, 2009, 08:37:25 PM »

Update :     BABY IS HOME!!!!!!!

She is groggy and wiped out, but has pee'd and is not interested in water yet, but that is okay.  She wakes up like okay, I am back (fast, startled look!) then is like, hold that thought, I need a nap!  She does whimmer - so dainty and sad, but she will be feeling better and forget all this!

If you are really bored, here is her day in pics:http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/LifeCoachOnTheCouch/Surgery%20day/

I think she wants to be a monkey Klaas! 

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE LOVE< PRAYERS< SUPPORT AND LAUGHS!

That is Wonderful  Yea Crystol.. I am so happy she is home.. I have been looking at her pics...I am so happy for you and Precious little Crystol...Saying a prayer she heals real fast...sweet dreams little Crystol..  an angelic monkey
floridatreasure9
Scared Monkey

« Reply #395 on: August 25, 2009, 08:46:51 PM »

My Time ...Musings is where I felt most comfortable until I get used to posting.  You all make a person feel welcomed     I love coming here to read and laugh with you all. no matter how sad of a day one can be having you all in here will put a smile in ones heart and on ones face...  an angelic monkey

We are all so happy to have you join us.  We just like to have some fun and wind down from the stresses of every day life.  You never need to be embarrassed with us.  If anything, we would probably be entertained by any "crazy" posts.  LOL   We love "crazy" monkeys!   

Thanks MT...That is why I try to always end my night reading here to unwind and go to bed with some funny happy thoughts. I think it was KCJackie that got a good laugh out of my posting that night. I think that is who it was...that made me feel better, to know she didn't think I was nuts, she just knew it was PUI of ambien.   
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #396 on: August 25, 2009, 08:50:26 PM »

My thoughts and prayers are with Butchie and Crystol  an angelic monkey
floridatreasure9
Scared Monkey

« Reply #397 on: August 25, 2009, 08:54:43 PM »

My thoughts and prayers are with Butchie and Crystol  an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey thank you NoRose for your prayers.. it is so sweet all of the love that is here for our babies
Michelle
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #398 on: August 25, 2009, 08:55:08 PM »

Oh yeah, knew there was something I was forgetting.........but I got a shower!

Before I get a nanner lashing - I got a coney dog on the way to pick up baby!  Shower- done.  Food - done.  Baby home- PRICELESS!
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #399 on: August 25, 2009, 08:57:11 PM »

Our family had two dogs that lived long ( 17 years ) and very happy and well attended to lives. Our connections with our pets are more meaningful than some of our human connections. Well, some of mine anyway. It's unconditional love. 
Was watching JVM and NG going on about Ryan Jenkins. Do they ever have it wrong about Canadian law. The RCMP know who the woman is, they just can't release her name. They are not giving her a free pass. They just haven't pressed any charges yet. The RCMP is cooperating with the American LE, we just have different laws as to what it is legal to disclose. Our system is more British than American. If she aided and assisted Ryan she's in a heap of trouble even if it was just picking him up and driving him to the motel. 
Oh and someone should tell Nancy that you can't judge Ryan or determine his character by clips from a scripted reality show. And I don't like the way they say Canadian. Like that explains this creep of a man.     
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.