March 28, 2024, 01:48:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #50 8/23/09 - 9/14/09  (Read 433040 times)
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #440 on: August 26, 2009, 09:19:05 AM »

Florida T,
This is the one hand answer as baby is in lap and lf hand holding her head.  I had one 18, one 20 and one 22.  poodles are know for cardiac issues. all had chf last 2 to 3 years.  the first one 18yr old was dx later than the 'sisters'.  learn doggie cpr and often just turning them side to side would bring them back.  in those days lasix was a drug of choice - it takes fluid away.  ast the vet to see what he thinks.  warning- they pee like a 8 mo pregnant women. more when i can capitalize and use two hans.  HOPE -don't loose it or butchie will too. (((((((((((((hugs!!!!!!)))))))))))))))

an angelic monkey You are so sweet to answer while your precious little one is in her mommys arms..lap..that is so sweet..it seems from what I have been told that it runs in cocker spaniels also, even though Butchie is a mixed breed (but I don't tell him that,he thinks he is of the "royal blood line of the kings of sweetness and cuteness') Here are the meds he is on....Here is a list of the meds he is on now
....Theophylline E.R. 300mg 2x day. it is a bronchodilator used to open air passages in    the lung....Spironolactone(this is also a fluid pill) 50mg 2x day....Furosemide ( this is supposed to be the same as lasix) 80mg 2x day..Enalapril maleate 15mg 2x day...Hydrocodone-homatropine syrmor 1teaspoon 2x day...
 He Does pee like a race horse and everytime he does I am so happy because I know he is getting rid of more fluid... Don't worry about responding to this post tonight you have your arms and hand full of soft fluffy sweet love that needs you total attention. She has such a sweet face and kind eyes. (((((((hugs to you and Crystol)))))))

FloridaTreasure
Sounds to me like his current vet is on top of things. My poodles were on digitalis and lasix, but that was then - last doggie was 15 years ago.  Poodles commonly have some heart disease - and knock on wood my baby is showing no signs yet, which is great.  I went to some of my favorite sites (and I have many now!) and grabbed you some info to read to understand and validate that the vet you have sounds on the right track.
http://www.2ndchance.info/conghtfaildog.htm

Did the doctor say the term: cardiomyopathy?  If so, read this link.  But any time estimate is just that, an estimate.  My poodles defied the odds and the good Lord willing and Butchie - he very well might also.
http://www.2ndchance.info/dogdilcardiomyopathy.htm

I am sure you know this, but just in case - NO SALT.  Watch treats - things like pupperoni are loaded with salt. 
I think Butchies best medicine is the person reading this post!   

Whoops, have one more for you - go to this site and type in:  Congestive Heart Failure  - it will bring up 19 links including #19 for me, which is the CPR for dogs.
Best and Breathe - enjoy the time with Butchie.  These guys pick up on us and if he feels fear in you he will echo that.  If he feels hope, he will feel hope.  My email is in my profile if you need an ear or help finding specific information. 
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #441 on: August 26, 2009, 09:22:40 AM »

I am all caught up.  I have been reading and praying for all Monkeys and their issues, their fur babies, and all monkeys who think they have issues.

It has been a little uncomfortable to post, but I am peeking in the threads each day and spend oodles of time researching.

Love you all.

ANJ--could you give your fur baby a kiss for me and make it pink lipstick, please?

Okay, pink on the left and red on the right!!!!!!   And when she gets well enough, I will do her nails pink and red for you and MyTime!!!!!!!!!!!!  But I draw the line at dying her hair pink or red!!!!!!!!!  LOL
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #442 on: August 26, 2009, 09:32:12 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys.

Hey Trimster!  I see you found my alarm clock!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #443 on: August 26, 2009, 09:36:13 AM »

Good Morning Everyone!  Hey Trimm!!

We're having trees cut down today & I'm skeered they're going to fall on my house!!  They're all really close to it.  I'm glad I don't have a cake to do today or I would never get it done!! I have a Tinkerbell cake for Monday & a new one I'll be doing this weekend; does anyone know Yo Gabba Gabba? I had never heard of it but I have a really cool image I'll be using, Plex is the little boy's fav.! Anyways, Have a good day all!     

Monken, come and stay with me until they are all done.  I have an oven.  I will bake a cake for you while you are here.

When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping.  Grab hubbies nice comforting credit card and get out of there.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #444 on: August 26, 2009, 09:39:43 AM »

I am all caught up.  I have been reading and praying for all Monkeys and their issues, their fur babies, and all monkeys who think they have issues.

It has been a little uncomfortable to post, but I am peeking in the threads each day and spend oodles of time researching.

Love you all.

ANJ--could you give your fur baby a kiss for me and make it pink lipstick, please?

Okay, pink on the left and red on the right!!!!!!   And when she gets well enough, I will do her nails pink and red for you and MyTime!!!!!!!!!!!!  But I draw the line at dying her hair pink or red!!!!!!!!!  LOL

No dying her hair!

When I looked in her cage and saw her, I thought, what have they done?  I saw the blanket and thought that was her fur.

I believe in miracles!
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #445 on: August 26, 2009, 10:19:19 AM »

ANJ and Crystol 

Sending you a Hug. ANJ I read your updates and I got your email Smile just this morning.

I am so glad that she is home with you and is doing well.   Keep us posted.

an angelic monkey

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #446 on: August 26, 2009, 10:40:23 AM »

We're having trees cut down today & I'm skeered they're going to fall on my house!!  They're all really close to it.  I'm glad I don't have a cake to do today or I would never get it done!! I have a Tinkerbell cake for Monday & a new one I'll be doing this weekend; does anyone know Yo Gabba Gabba? I had never heard of it but I have a really cool image I'll be using, Plex is the little boy's fav.! Anyways, Have a good day all!     

Monken, come and stay with me until they are all done.  I have an oven.  I will bake a cake for you while you are here.

When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping.  Grab hubbies nice comforting credit card and get out of there.

Hey Bearly! 
Thank you i would love that; but you know I have to stay & supervise! 
I have a massive amount of pecans on one tree & there's going to be some serious hell to pay if they hit that one! i have so many smaller trees in my yard that it's kinda hard not to hit something; they've already hit my curly willow & my pear! My 3 yr old GD has been watching in amazement(from a safe distance of course)! Oh, and my hubby doesn't have any credit cards; they're all mine!  Love ya!

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #447 on: August 26, 2009, 11:04:52 AM »

Monken

I hope your ok and your surviving the aftermath. I read your post - I found the GABBA GABBA's ...

Funny little critters they are. Here is a link from their website. This is the Gallery page and it shows Gabba Gabba Cakes 

http://www.gabbafriends.com/friends-gallery

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #448 on: August 26, 2009, 11:45:25 AM »

Hey Monken.Just got back in the cage.I hope everything goes o.k., with the tree cutting.   
Can't wait to see the cakes.Mmmmmmm,cake.   
I don't know who Yo Gabba Gabba is...I'll check it out.Hugs to you.   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #449 on: August 26, 2009, 12:16:58 PM »

--------------> snip to save scrolling fingers

No dying her hair!

When I looked in her cage and saw her, I thought, what have they done?  I saw the blanket and thought that was her fur.

HEHE  - that was her warming blankie and it was in her color RED! LOL  Her temp dropped very low during surgery (she is soooo tiny) and she was a hoot drunk with that blankie.  Under it, on it totally away from it and sometimes leaning on it like it was mama.  She is still doing the  in and out of the covers thing.  She is a BLANKIE girl for sure.  Hers is the one you hardly see, pink and white hearts.  I should have sent her red one - we would have been able to see her better!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #450 on: August 26, 2009, 12:19:04 PM »

Hey Monken.Just got back in the cage.I hope everything goes o.k., with the tree cutting.   
I don't know who Yo Gabba Gabba is...I'll check it out.Hugs to you.   an angelic monkey
I second that, Yo Gabba Gabba  Take care and have a good day  an angelic monkey
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #451 on: August 26, 2009, 12:20:22 PM »

Monken

I hope your ok and your surviving the aftermath. I read your post - I found the GABBA GABBA's ...

Funny little critters they are. Here is a link from their website. This is the Gallery page and it shows Gabba Gabba Cakes 

Thanks, I never heard of these little critters before.
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #452 on: August 26, 2009, 12:27:17 PM »

ANJ and Crystol 

Sending you a Hug. ANJ I read your updates and I got your email Smile just this morning.

I am so glad that she is home with you and is doing well.   Keep us posted.

an angelic monkey

Thanks Deenie - for everything.  Those sites from banana were great!!!!!!!!!!!  Ask her if she has anything on adrenal glands - but no hurry, it will be a few weeks before we need to or can do those studies.

Tiny Update on Tiny BABY:   Mama has been giving her water via a syringe.  I needed to get her miracle medicine down her (she needs to take it two more weeks) so, low and behold she smelled that PB and started to lick!  So meds down, I tried a really tiny flat bowl (she is still lying down 99.7% of the time) and she took a small drink on her own!!!  She is still under the anesthesia - this is a recovery room over here!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #453 on: August 26, 2009, 01:10:24 PM »

ANJM good news  an angelic monkey
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #454 on: August 26, 2009, 02:18:23 PM »

Hi everyone - just stopping by to leave a message for Katgram.

Sending well wishes your way Katgram. an angelic monkey
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #455 on: August 26, 2009, 02:48:26 PM »

Monken

I'm fine now, Deenie but I was seriously freaked out that day!!  I still can't believe how close I came to being incinerated!!   
They took the hickory that was struck down first. I have lots of pics & you can see where it was fried in the center all the way down to the ground. I have been a nervous wreck watching them cut over my house; but I've had my eyes closed alot! 
Yo gabba gabba was a new one for me but I don't get Noggin & I think that's the channel it comes on. I'll be drawing out my design for it in a little while. The trees guys have been here since 8:00 this morn & they're almost done. I'll BBL with somes pics! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #456 on: August 26, 2009, 02:57:11 PM »

Hey Trimm, they didn't destroy too much; just my sod & all small bushes! But nothing fell on my house, fence or pecan tree so I'm happy, BBL    

Phaedrus
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #457 on: August 26, 2009, 03:35:31 PM »

ANJM -  an angelic monkey

Bearly - excue me, but Crystol really only likes my kisses and mama's of course.   

Monken - you had me nervous for you.  I am glad they did a good job!   

Trimm - I love your Good Mornings posts!   

Mere - I hope tabby cat is feeling better! 

Kat_gram - I hope and pray you are having another good day!   an angelic monkey
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #458 on: August 26, 2009, 04:14:12 PM »

Anyone care to guess what this is:

2 4 1
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #459 on: August 26, 2009, 04:16:16 PM »

Or this:

2 4 1
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.