March 28, 2024, 08:38:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #50 8/23/09 - 9/14/09  (Read 433111 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #620 on: August 28, 2009, 08:46:39 PM »

my word for today.....obsessive

2. A compulsive, often unreasonable idea or emotion.

Hmmm?   Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Yep!  I KNEW you would understand!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #621 on: August 28, 2009, 09:21:47 PM »

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #622 on: August 28, 2009, 09:26:24 PM »

Hi Monkeys,

I have been away for quite some time and I noticed two things
1) A crapload of new monkey smilies ( good job)
2) The "nursery" is gone!

So I went checking for #2 ( and #2 it really is!!!). I came across a snarky comment about the whole thing so I say Ruh oh. WTH is going on? Now I know this is old news to all of you but I just found out last night, and was reading up on ( I guess most of it). I know many of you feel the same way ...betrayed... as I do. That is pretty low! The only thing that seemed a little funny to me was when she got the new car, she said she didn't feel comfortable driving an SUV so hubs bought her a Mercedes something or other. I didn't realize til last night she purported to have a driver. It also crossed my mind that for someone who married as well off as she ( I didn't know she claimed to be a designer, I thought maybe a photographer), that she couldn't spell for shyt... leading me to wonder. I just can't believe it! I feel most especially bad that she hurt some of you who thought you were close to her and shared your stories. And what she did to IM was just............DISGUSTING!!!!! (((((((((IM)))))))) I haven't checked but I am wondering if Always joined at the same time or shortly after, I think they may be one and the same ( although I never noticed typos in Always1's like I did hers). I rarely post in musings, I usually was following Caylees' thread. Anyhow I feel a bit better after weighing in on this matter, life goes on.....thanks for letting me ramble you guys are the best

Who has a driver anyway?   Most people rather drive themselves, unless they have the paparazzi following them.   And she sure as hell wasn't famous - other than in her own mind.   

BTW - we've missed you, Leslee.    an angelic monkey
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #623 on: August 28, 2009, 09:30:55 PM »

ANJ~  Thanks for letting us know how little Crystol is coming along.  I hope she continues to improve each day.   an angelic monkey

Thanks Muffy and everyone!!!!!!!!!   

I'm glad Crystol is doing well.    an angelic monkey
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #624 on: August 28, 2009, 09:31:35 PM »

MT - you're in my prayers.     an angelic monkey
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #625 on: August 28, 2009, 09:35:50 PM »

ANJ~  Thanks for letting us know how little Crystol is coming along.  I hope she continues to improve each day.   an angelic monkey

Thanks Muffy and everyone!!!!!!!!!   

I'm glad Crystol is doing well.    an angelic monkey

Thanks Sassy.  S    L    O   W ............. but forward!

MYTIME - (((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))  I am so sorry D wouldn't lend you her driver.  Go out and have a big Texas oilman steak with A1 sauce - it will make you feel alllllllllllllsssssss better! LOL
Seriously, hope you get good results Tues and you are in my and Crystol's prayers. 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #626 on: August 28, 2009, 10:02:33 PM »

MyTime........   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #627 on: August 28, 2009, 10:21:23 PM »

HI Monkeys - I am just stopping by say hi and to let you know that I have not abandoned you guys.

Yesterday, I went to the doctors (gyn oncologist) and had 4 biopsies done and OMG - to say OUCH would be an understatement.  I didn't know I was supposed to have some one drive me and pick me up...so yes, I drove my self. 

I am not a wimp nor do I cry easy but when I got to my car, I was shaking and took a deep breath and just started crying.  I came home and fell asleep.  Then I made CBB tell me one of her interesting bedtime stories to get my mind of off it.  She tells the best stories and is a fantastic reader.   

Today, PT brought me home lunch and I tried to sleep.  I bet you can't guess who is driving me crazy?  He starts by kissing me, then I roll over, he comes on that side and literally taps my face with his paws.  When this doesn't work, he starts to jump on my head.  (No, not PT).   It is Jake!  The 3.5lb spoiled little monster.  God forbid you wake him up though!  He whines and carries one. 

I have company coming this weekend and I still feel terrible.  So I probably won't be on much tonight. 

I see my primary cared DR on Tuesday to go over my blood work and the biopsies will be in next week.   

Oh and now, I am probably way behind on the Christine Sheddy case so I am depending on someone (Jackie, Bearly)  to keep me up to date.   

Anyway, see you all later and hope everyone is doing better than me.  LOL 

Have a great weekend! 

Mytime - hope you feel better soon!
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #628 on: August 28, 2009, 10:58:20 PM »

Mytime

Did this Doctor use Novocaine?   I don't think it should hurt so much if he/she did the right thing.    Anyway, I
hope all your results are negative, except the ones that should be positive.   Hope that makes
sense.  In other words I hope all is well with you.   If we don't see you here enjoy your weekend.  Now let me see,
did I forget anything??   Oh yea   

XOXOXO
  MM
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #629 on: August 28, 2009, 11:40:15 PM »

Today was Kat Gram's surgery today IIRC.   Many prayers for her speedy recovery.   

MT ...  hugs, hope you're feeling better tonight, sent you a reply nanner.

Hi MM & Night MM ...  gotta get up early in the morn & go back to the woods for the weekend.  Hope you're feeling better too.     

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #630 on: August 28, 2009, 11:51:45 PM »

HI Monkeys - I am just stopping by say hi and to let you know that I have not abandoned you guys.

Yesterday, I went to the doctors (gyn oncologist) and had 4 biopsies done and OMG - to say OUCH would be an understatement.  I didn't know I was supposed to have some one drive me and pick me up...so yes, I drove my self. 

I am not a wimp nor do I cry easy but when I got to my car, I was shaking and took a deep breath and just started crying.  I came home and fell asleep.  Then I made CBB tell me one of her interesting bedtime stories to get my mind of off it.  She tells the best stories and is a fantastic reader.   

Today, PT brought me home lunch and I tried to sleep.  I bet you can't guess who is driving me crazy?  He starts by kissing me, then I roll over, he comes on that side and literally taps my face with his paws.  When this doesn't work, he starts to jump on my head.  (No, not PT).   It is Jake!  The 3.5lb spoiled little monster.  God forbid you wake him up though!  He whines and carries one. 

I have company coming this weekend and I still feel terrible.  So I probably won't be on much tonight. 

I see my primary cared DR on Tuesday to go over my blood work and the biopsies will be in next week.   

Oh and now, I am probably way behind on the Christine Sheddy case so I am depending on someone (Jackie, Bearly)  to keep me up to date.   

Have a great weekend! 

Checking in on you, MT! OK, I've had a nap now and have survived the nighttime/morning stories, so if you'd like a chapter 2...............   

Take care of YOU and get some rest. It's going to be just fine, so milk it, MT!! Everybody needs pampering sometimes! It's your turn!   

I'm hoping that KatGram will check in soon. Prayers for both KatGram and MyTime from me!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #631 on: August 29, 2009, 12:52:42 AM »

Have a great weekend! 

H MyTime you are in my prayers. Hope you are feeling better soon. That all your test results come back okay. One day at a time, you arre going to be fine. Have missed you in the cage. Lets us know how you are doing? Hugs and prayers for you. Take Care & God Bless
XOXO

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #632 on: August 29, 2009, 01:26:51 AM »

Hey all, I didn't make it here last night as I was practicing chewing my food!!!!!!!  I tried a few crackers, got bored and went back to reading up on Jaycee case and other little research projects. 

FloridaTreasure - Glad you liked the links.  Crystol is almost out of the anesthetic.  One thing I can tell for sure is this is going to be slow.  But that is okay as long as the progress is forward, even if in ever so slight ways.  She ate about the same - PB and almost two tbs of chicken.  She still won't drink as much as she needs - so mama is supplementing her H2O intake.  I am also beginning life and physical therapy!  Life therapy includes short visits from people she likes and going outside to see the world she loves.  Physical therapy involves getting her to walk 10 feet a few times a day.   She is sore, but she needs to move to keep lungs clear, and work out the kinks - so to speak.  We are almost three days out of surgery - so soon, I will even breathe! LOL

Best everyone and post updates!!!!!!!!!!!!   

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #633 on: August 29, 2009, 01:36:19 AM »

There is "Leslie" who can be seen often walking around Austin TX in a leopard thong and heels:

http://www.austinexperience.com/scenes/scenes_leslie.html

For those of you who frequent 6th Street, you should be familiar with Leslie. Leslie is by far the most famous homeless person in Austin. He has gained such popularity that he came in second place during the 2000 race for mayor, ahead of two other candidates. Although Mayor Kirk Watson won in a landslide victory with 84 percent of the vote, Leslie brought in nearly 8 percent. Not bad for a homeless cross-dresser. Leslie has found recognition outside of the political arena as well. He appeared in a Pinky's Pager television commercial which aired during the SuperBowl, and appeared in a print ad for a local dot com. A camera was given to Leslie, who took these pictures for us <snip>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leslie_Cochran

Leslie Cochran (born as Albert Leslie Cochran[1][2] on June 24, 1951) is an American vagrant cross-dresser and arguably the most locally famous street person, according to local media sources, in Austin, Texas. He is an outspoken critic of police treatment of the homeless in the downtown Austin area. Many consider him to be the epitome of the 'Keep Austin Weird' campaign, as demonstrated by his two time run for mayor as well as numerous articles in The Austin Chronicle and local news stations.

Leslie lived in the Pacific Northwest and at one time worked as a truck driver frequently traveling up and down the West coast. Leslie has told the Austin American-Statesman that he was briefly married in 1985 and 1986. He says he grew up south of Miami, briefly attended University of Florida on a football scholarship, spent nine months in the Naval Reserve in 1974 and 1975, worked for Safeway grocery stores in Seattle, skinned road-kill in Colorado and tanned the hides, worked as a disc jockey near Steamboat Springs, Colo., lived in a converted bookmobile in Shreveport, La., Tampa, Fla., and Atlanta, and then took a year to ride a three-wheeled bicycle to Austin in January 1996.[1]

Leslie hangs out around 6th Street, usually around 6th and Congress during business hours. He can also often be found at Bouldin Creek Coffeehouse during late afternoons and early evenings. He is most frequently seen wearing women's clothing; his most popular attire is a leopard thong and high-heeled shoes. Leslie prefers to be known as a man.[3]

Leslie Dress-Up Magnet  ( I saw these paper doll-like things at Bookpeople, a books store in Austin)

In 2006, Jimmy Haddox, co-owner of Wet Hair Salon, created the "Leslie Dress-Up Magnet," which contains an 8-inch likeness of Cochran along with several interchangeable magnetic outfits. Several Austin businesses sell the magnets, and Cochran himself receives 15% of the sales. Haddox predicted sales would exceed 10,000 by the end of 2006

I am not sure if this guy is a free spirit or he is certifiable and needs help.

I am going to change my avi to a famous undie picture once taken of me, in the spirit of brotherhood with those with peek-a-boo undies.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 01:41:02 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #634 on: August 29, 2009, 01:49:27 AM »

Have a great weekend! 

I'm so sorry, MT, I know they hurt.  I didn't know about the driving thing, but I took the elevated train in town and there were no seats.  I thought I would die on that ride in the train and the car ride from there home.  I am smart now, I take pain meds first.  It still hurts, but it does not smart.  Yes, the shakes are what happened to me afterward.  I thought it was just the train swaying.

Next time, let me know, I will come down and take care of you.  I am sooo sorry, MT.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j120/Bearlyhere/ladywithtp.jpg     http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j120/Bearlyhere/ladywithtp.jpg     http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j120/Bearlyhere/ladywithtp.jpg

I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #635 on: August 29, 2009, 01:50:09 AM »

Hi Miss bearly

How are you doing tonight? Hope all is well with you and little cub. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #636 on: August 29, 2009, 01:56:31 AM »

my word for today.....obsessive

2. A compulsive, often unreasonable idea or emotion.

Hmmm?   Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Yep!  I KNEW you would understand!!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #637 on: August 29, 2009, 02:01:24 AM »

Today was Kat Gram's surgery today IIRC.   Many prayers for her speedy recovery.   

MT ...  hugs, hope you're feeling better tonight, sent you a reply nanner.

Hi MM & Night MM ...  gotta get up early in the morn & go back to the woods for the weekend.  Hope you're feeling better too.     

Sending prayers for kat_gram and MT.   an angelic monkey

No, Sunny, they do not give novacaine.   

BG--are you being held  captive in the woods on weekends?   

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #638 on: August 29, 2009, 02:03:51 AM »

Have a great weekend! 

Checking in on you, MT! OK, I've had a nap now and have survived the nighttime/morning stories, so if you'd like a chapter 2...............   

Take care of YOU and get some rest. It's going to be just fine, so milk it, MT!! Everybody needs pampering sometimes! It's your turn!   

I'm hoping that KatGram will check in soon. Prayers for both KatGram and MyTime from me!

Dare I ask what you were reading, CBB?  Don't tell me it was about one of the cases here.   

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #639 on: August 29, 2009, 02:09:58 AM »

Hi Miss bearly

How are you doing tonight? Hope all is well with you and little cub. 

Funeral this week, which was tough.  I came home and fell asleep clutching my handbag and the computer and didn't wake up until 2:30 AM fully dressed and wondering wth?  I filled myself up with caffeine at the luncheon afterward, but it obviously didn't work.

How are you and the chickies?

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.