March 28, 2024, 01:12:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #50 8/23/09 - 9/14/09  (Read 433143 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1380 on: September 06, 2009, 04:47:41 PM »

MM if you were here earlier it would. 

Hows it going today?

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1381 on: September 06, 2009, 04:48:52 PM »

MM if you were here earlier it would

Hows it going today?

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1382 on: September 06, 2009, 04:51:00 PM »

Hi Muffy

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1383 on: September 06, 2009, 04:54:29 PM »

Hi ya' GE   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1384 on: September 06, 2009, 06:10:32 PM »

DON'T MISS - TONIGHT ON DANA PRETZER:

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1385 on: September 06, 2009, 07:00:03 PM »

As I was scrolling through today's news I found this:

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/news/dpgo_Study_Men_Focus_on_Womens_Breasts_mb_09062009_3357596
Study: Men Focus on
Women's Breasts

Updated: Sunday, 06 Sep 2009, 11:42 AM CDT
Published : Sunday, 06 Sep 2009, 11:29 AM CDT

<snip>
A 2007  German study published in the New England Journal of Medicine stated that staring at women's breasts improved men's health. The study claimed that staring at breasts for 10 minutes a day was as healthy as going to the gym for 30 minutes daily and prolonged a man's life by five years.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1386 on: September 06, 2009, 08:27:24 PM »

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/news/dpgo_Study_Men_Focus_on_Womens_Breasts_mb_09062009_3357596
Women's Breasts

<snip>
A 2007  German study published in the New England Journal of Medicine stated that staring at women's breasts improved men's health. The study claimed that staring at breasts for 10 minutes a day was as healthy as going to the gym for 30 minutes daily and prolonged a man's life by five years.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1387 on: September 06, 2009, 09:05:13 PM »

DON'T MISS - TONIGHT ON DANA PRETZER:

REMINDER - ON NOW

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1388 on: September 06, 2009, 09:05:16 PM »

A MESSAGE FOR CBB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made your cabbage casserole from the SM 2005 Cookbook and took it to a friend's today!  OHMYGAWD!  It is sooooooooooooooooooo good and easy and quick!! There wasn't a lick left in the casserole dish!!  And I hope it was OK to give the recipe to my hostess and another guest!!  Girlfriend, that rocks!!  My DH loves cabbage and now thinks I am a cooking genius! 

I have made so many of the dishes from our cookbook. But had not made this one. Boy was I missing out!!!  I love, love, love Tyler's Company's Coming for chicken and every Thanksgiving I make Peaches' Aunt Ruby's Sweet Potato Pecan Bake.  In fact there are a number of recipes that are now in my favorite litchen recipes!!!  Thanks Monks!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1389 on: September 06, 2009, 09:17:43 PM »

I made your cabbage casserole from the SM 2005 Cookbook and took it to a friend's today!  OHMYGAWD!  It is sooooooooooooooooooo good and easy and quick!! There wasn't a lick left in the casserole dish!!  And I hope it was OK to give the recipe to my hostess and another guest!!  Girlfriend, that rocks!!  My DH loves cabbage and now thinks I am a cooking genius! 

I have made so many of the dishes from our cookbook. But had not made this one. Boy was I missing out!!!  I love, love, love Tyler's Company's Coming for chicken and every Thanksgiving I make Peaches' Aunt Ruby's Sweet Potato Pecan Bake.  In fact there are a number of recipes that are now in my favorite litchen recipes!!!  Thanks Monks!!

Sunny~  I have my SM CookBook too, and I've made Aunt Ruby's Sweet Potato Pecan Bake for Thanksgiving.  It always gets raves.  Our sweet Peaches' legacy lives on  an angelic monkey  I haven't tried CBB's cabbage casserole though.  I will give it a try.  My DH likes cabbage too. 

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1390 on: September 06, 2009, 09:23:40 PM »

Sunny~  I have my SM CookBook too, and I've made Aunt Ruby's Sweet Potato Pecan Bake for Thanksgiving.  It always gets raves.  Our sweet Peaches' legacy lives on  an angelic monkey  I haven't tried CBB's cabbage casserole though.  I will give it a try.  My DH likes cabbage too. 

Hi Miz Bee!!!  Peaches does live on in that recipe. I have tweaked it a little...but basically I use her recipe. Try CBB's cabbage casserole....it was a big hit today.   I love to sit and go through the cookbook....I miss a lot of the monks back then...and some others...not so much!!

Good to see you Miz Bee, I always seem to miss you.  I am signing off for the night!  My little canines are both sitting here looking up at me saying...MOM please let's go to bed!!  LOL

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1391 on: September 06, 2009, 09:31:44 PM »

Popping by to wish SEARCHING a very Happy Birthday!  I hope you enjoyed your day. ::MonkeyHeart
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1392 on: September 06, 2009, 11:10:04 PM »

I had almost forgotten I had put it in there, Sunny!    I'm so glad you liked it!   

I really appreciate it when posters say they've tried recipes and found they like it. I'm going to look up the ones you've mentioned and give them a try too! I have to admit, I LOVE to find easy ones that don't taste like they're easy!   
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1393 on: September 07, 2009, 12:43:13 AM »

CBB,  I caught your comment in Natalee's thread to me.  Yes, I had a very good time in Jonesborough.  I just love the little shops and I didn't miss one of them.  Stayed at a new hotel there and it was great.  Went to do some genealogy research.  Am going back the last week of October as well as the Shenandoah Valley also.  It is beautiful country in that area.  We took I-26 and then hwy 23/58 across virginia to the Cumberland Gap.  Loved it but that one mountain range (I think is was Black Mtn.) really got to me.  The drop off was unreal.  Of course my husband kept asking if I wanted to get a "closer" look at it. 

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1394 on: September 07, 2009, 01:27:18 AM »

CBB,  I caught your comment in Natalee's thread to me.  Yes, I had a very good time in Jonesborough.  I just love the little shops and I didn't miss one of them.  Stayed at a new hotel there and it was great.  Went to do some genealogy research.  Am going back the last week of October as well as the Shenandoah Valley also.  It is beautiful country in that area.  We took I-26 and then hwy 23/58 across virginia to the Cumberland Gap.  Loved it but that one mountain range (I think is was Black Mtn.) really got to me.  The drop off was unreal.  Of course my husband kept asking if I wanted to get a "closer" look at it. 

Blue Moon? Since you seem to like little excursions, I would HIGHLY recommend a trip to a little place called Little Switzerland. It's roughly an hour from Jonesborough on the Blue Ridge Parkway. There's a Chalet with a dynamite restaurant and little shops on the premises. Just a block down the hill is another little set of shops with a book exchange to die for. Lots of really good quality local pottery, and jewelry, and homemade goods galore in the shops. You'll pass an apple orchard on the way, and you just have to stop there. There will be a crowd there, and the orchard keeper's response to the crowds was to build a covered deck, invite local blue grass bands, and let the folks "two step" and clog.............. and they do!   

Oh, it's absolutely breathtaking in the Fall, and not so "touristy" as Gatlinburg. It's not commercially "slick" in any way, but a true gem. If I can talk you into going, be sure and walk through the Chalet Inn and take in the views. I've stayed there many times, but you have to think well in advance to get a room in the Fall months. There's a short cut, not shown on any internt driving directions if you're coming from my way, so if you decide to go, let me know!   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1395 on: September 07, 2009, 01:35:32 AM »

Bud's Girl? I'm leaving these here, in hopes you find them! The changes to the cross are subtle, but just let me know if there's anything else I can try, OK? I know you will!   

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/originals/Buds-Girl-16.gif

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/originals/Buds-Girl-Fall.gif

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/originals/Buds-Girl-17.gif
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1396 on: September 07, 2009, 06:49:40 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1397 on: September 07, 2009, 08:23:55 AM »

Women's Breasts

<snip>

Well, obviously that study was conducted by a group of horny men. 

My hubby laughed his butt off at this - and said I can't fuss at him anymore since looking at women's boobs is healthy.     
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1398 on: September 07, 2009, 09:41:33 AM »

Good Morning All!! 

Trimm: ROLL TIDE      

I forgot to post this but here's the inside of the tree that was struck by lightning. it was almost 100 ft. tall. It charred the inside of it! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1399 on: September 07, 2009, 09:58:53 AM »

Blue Moon? Since you seem to like little excursions, I would HIGHLY recommend a trip to a little place called Little Switzerland. It's roughly an hour from Jonesborough on the Blue Ridge Parkway. There's a Chalet with a dynamite restaurant and little shops on the premises. Just a block down the hill is another little set of shops with a book exchange to die for. Lots of really good quality local pottery, and jewelry, and homemade goods galore in the shops. You'll pass an apple orchard on the way, and you just have to stop there. There will be a crowd there, and the orchard keeper's response to the crowds was to build a covered deck, invite local blue grass bands, and let the folks "two step" and clog.............. and they do!   

Oh, it's absolutely breathtaking in the Fall, and not so "touristy" as Gatlinburg. It's not commercially "slick" in any way, but a true gem. If I can talk you into going, be sure and walk through the Chalet Inn and take in the views. I've stayed there many times, but you have to think well in advance to get a room in the Fall months. There's a short cut, not shown on any internt driving directions if you're coming from my way, so if you decide to go, let me know!   

I would "LOVE" the book exchange.  That is where I usually find my most treasured genealogy books.  Is that apple orchard Altapass on the Blue Ridge?  If so I have been there about 2 years ago when we took a week and traveled the Blue Ridge (last time we traveled it was 30 years ago when we first married.  We loved the orchard and spent a good amount of time there.  Tour buses were there that day and it was extremely crowded.  I don't know how I missed Little Switzerland but I do believe we decided to get off the Parkway and go down to Asheville at that point.  My husband is an "ocean" person and I am the "mountains" person.  My genealogy research has taken me to many places in your area.  I have traced my mothers family to Jefferson Co., TN in the late 1790's and early 1800's, from there they came from Shenandoah Valley on Passage Creek.  My husband is a good sport and doesn't mind taking me to these places as long as he has a good Hotel room to relax in (I think if truth be known he enjoys it also).

Will let you know my itinerary for my next excursion into your area (right now last week of October).  I couldn't find the Chalet you were talking about.  What is it called again? 

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.