March 28, 2024, 02:26:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #50 8/23/09 - 9/14/09  (Read 433047 times)
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1540 on: September 10, 2009, 12:20:25 AM »

MM? I love the old videos. It's really hard for me to watch though and I haven't converted the VHS ones. I need to do that. I have some of Daddy's dictation to his secretary and hearing his voice always brings tears. Geez............ I'm such a wimp!   

Not a wimp! 

... same kind of thing with me, I have cassette tapes of my dad giving Bible studies that I listen to once in a rare while but it's really hard.  Won't even try to watch any video of him preaching.  He was one of the ones who talked the talk & walked the walk every day I knew him, till he passed at 80.  He was quite the man.

He sounds like a very special Daddy and one that is perfect for a little girl! Daddy's are the first man a daughter loves and they teach us a lot!

That is so nice...but I never could relate.  I didn't share two words with my father in the ten years of life he lived with us. 
Luckily my Mothers last husband turned out to be the Dad I never had.   

Oh, MM! I'm so sorry, and I can't imagine living with a parent that I couldn't communicate with! I'm glad you finally had someone who understood what a Daddy is! It was HIS loss, MM!

That's alright I think he gave me my inappropriate laughter.  When my mother was hospitalized we had to stay home with him.  Ugghh.   I would make fart sounds in my arm at night to piss him off.  It made me and my sister laugh.  Than he would leave and spend the night with his girlfriend.   
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1541 on: September 10, 2009, 12:21:13 AM »

CHURCH!!! Oh, I've almost given myself a hernia in CHURCH trying to hold it in! The more I try, the funnier it gets too!   

oh my gosh, I was in church so many years of my life - so often some kid farts when someone is seriously praying, and I'm sorry but farting is just funny .... all kinds of funny stuff happens in church !!   

This one comes to mind:

Visiting a "country" church while staying with friends, right? It was Mother's Day. At one point they bring out 2 big boxes of corsages and start handing them out to "Moms". The preacher makes an announcement at that time:

"This year............... we aren't giving flowers to the just the youngest Mother........
This year............ we aren't just giving flowers to just the oldest Mother..........
This year.......... we're giving flowers to every single Mother..............."

It took a minute for the giggle to start bubbling up, so I coughed. Then it hit my friend who looked at me wide eyed as it bubbled in her. She coughed ad farted at the same time. 10 minutes and we were dripping tears and shaking and burying our faces in the hymnal...............

Oh, it was BAD!!!

But we all do know about the "I had a friend" stories.  Right MM?   

MM has a lot of "crazy" friends!   
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1542 on: September 10, 2009, 12:24:49 AM »

CHURCH!!! Oh, I've almost given myself a hernia in CHURCH trying to hold it in! The more I try, the funnier it gets too!   

oh my gosh, I was in church so many years of my life - so often some kid farts when someone is seriously praying, and I'm sorry but farting is just funny .... all kinds of funny stuff happens in church !!   

This one comes to mind:

Visiting a "country" church while staying with friends, right? It was Mother's Day. At one point they bring out 2 big boxes of corsages and start handing them out to "Moms". The preacher makes an announcement at that time:

"This year............... we aren't giving flowers to the just the youngest Mother........
This year............ we aren't just giving flowers to just the oldest Mother..........

It took a minute for the giggle to start bubbling up, so I coughed. Then it hit my friend who looked at me wide eyed as it bubbled in her. She coughed ad farted at the same time. 10 minutes and we were dripping tears and shaking and burying our faces in the hymnal...............

Oh, it was BAD!!!

Yes I have a friend named Mytime!!   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1543 on: September 10, 2009, 12:27:38 AM »

That same trip, mind you, I participated in a "practice" baptism. Sunday afternoon, after church, there was to be a baptism of 2 parishiners, right? Well, my friend's cousin had "received the call" to preach and was acting as Junior minister, I guess, to the Senior Minister. He had never done a baptism and I had never seen one done in a pretty strong stream, or large creek. Frankly it was in the middle between the two.

Anyway, me being me, answered his plead to "practice". I said, "Sure! I have to wash my hair anyway!" Out we went to the stream/creek. He awkwardly put his arm around my back, said some stuff and proceeded to "put me under".

1. He accidently put his hand on my bewb as he was lowering me.
2. Horrified, he dropped me.
3. I sucked in water because you can't laugh and go under water at the same time.
4. We both learned to dunk somebody opposite the current because a piece of flotsom went up my nose. We know this because when I came up gasping, it was hanging out a nostril.
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1544 on: September 10, 2009, 12:30:27 AM »

This one comes to mind:

Oh, it was BAD!!!

Yes I have a friend named Mytime!!   

But I am the sane, sweet mild friend.  an angelic monkey
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1545 on: September 10, 2009, 12:31:20 AM »

To this day, I get a bad case of the screaming giggles at any Baptism!
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1546 on: September 10, 2009, 12:31:29 AM »

That same trip, mind you, I participated in a "practice" baptism. Sunday afternoon, after church, there was to be a baptism of 2 parishiners, right? Well, my friend's cousin had "received the call" to preach and was acting as Junior minister, I guess, to the Senior Minister. He had never done a baptism and I had never seen one done in a pretty strong stream, or large creek. Frankly it was in the middle between the two.

Anyway, me being me, answered his plead to "practice". I said, "Sure! I have to wash my hair anyway!" Out we went to the stream/creek. He awkwardly put his arm around my back, said some stuff and proceeded to "put me under".

3. I sucked in water because you can't laugh and go under water at the same time.
4. We both learned to dunk somebody opposite the current because a piece of flotsom went up my nose. We know this because when I came up gasping, it was hanging out a nostril.

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1547 on: September 10, 2009, 12:31:30 AM »

Gross!   Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Did anybody take pictures?? 
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1548 on: September 10, 2009, 12:32:53 AM »

OMG, I can't take much more.  Thats one for the books.   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1549 on: September 10, 2009, 12:32:58 AM »

MM? I love the old videos. It's really hard for me to watch though and I haven't converted the VHS ones. I need to do that. I have some of Daddy's dictation to his secretary and hearing his voice always brings tears. Geez............ I'm such a wimp!   

Not a wimp! 

... same kind of thing with me, I have cassette tapes of my dad giving Bible studies that I listen to once in a rare while but it's really hard.  Won't even try to watch any video of him preaching.  He was one of the ones who talked the talk & walked the walk every day I knew him, till he passed at 80.  He was quite the man.

He sounds like a very special Daddy and one that is perfect for a little girl! Daddy's are the first man a daughter loves and they teach us a lot!

That is so nice...but I never could relate.  I didn't share two words with my father in the ten years of life he lived with us. 

Oh, MM! I'm so sorry, and I can't imagine living with a parent that I couldn't communicate with! I'm glad you finally had someone who understood what a Daddy is! It was HIS loss, MM!

That's alright I think he gave me my inappropriate laughter.  When my mother was hospitalized we had to stay home with him.  Ugghh.   I would make fart sounds in my arm at night to piss him off.  It made me and my sister laugh.  Than he would leave and spend the night with his girlfriend.   

Except for the girlfriend part..............   
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1550 on: September 10, 2009, 12:33:15 AM »

I am scratching you off the list for Minitime's baptism.   
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1551 on: September 10, 2009, 12:35:32 AM »

Oh no, my Grandbabies are being Christened in October.  I hope your stories don't come to mind.   
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1552 on: September 10, 2009, 12:35:39 AM »

Not a wimp! 

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!  Good thinking MM.  You make me so proud to call you friend.   
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1553 on: September 10, 2009, 12:36:40 AM »

Oh no, my Grandbabies are being Christened in October.  I hope your stories don't come to mind.   

Oh no, the won't.   

Oh they so will!!   
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1554 on: September 10, 2009, 12:38:23 AM »

Ok, my dear sweet friends - I am off to bed.   

Good night and sweet dreams

XOXO and a P for BG!!

marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1555 on: September 10, 2009, 12:38:45 AM »

Not a wimp! 

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!  Good thinking MM.  You make me so proud to call you friend.   

Thank you.  It didn't work as well with my husbands though.   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1556 on: September 10, 2009, 12:39:05 AM »

Oh, then comes the next genration! Like the time the fat lady in the pew in front of us got up to sing. Her dress was "caught up" in her crack. Before I could stop him, my son reached out and pulled it out.   
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1557 on: September 10, 2009, 12:41:59 AM »

Oh, then comes the next genration! Like the time the fat lady in the pew in front of us got up to sing. Her dress was "caught up" in her crack. Before I could stop him, my son reached out and pulled it out.   

Don't let him meet Bearly!
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1558 on: September 10, 2009, 12:42:02 AM »

Ok, my dear sweet friends - I am off to bed.   

Good night and sweet dreams

XOXO and a P for BG!!

Good Night     an angelic monkey

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1559 on: September 10, 2009, 12:42:44 AM »

Perhaps that is where the word pew originated.   
I can see why you continue going to Church CBB.  Never a dull moment.   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.