March 19, 2024, 02:13:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #824 9/06/09 - 10/12/09  (Read 407508 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1260 on: September 26, 2009, 11:19:26 PM »

Hi billb!  I thought I'd missed you!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1261 on: September 26, 2009, 11:56:26 PM »

Did Oduber lose his seat?  Not sure if it works that way in Aruba.

Texas Mom - you do an awful lot of work for Natalee in providing so much information to the forum. 
I appreciate it, although often, well most of the time - do not have a clear understanding of what I am reading.

Bless Natalee and her family! an angelic monkey

From my understanding Oduber when the vote is confirmed, Oduber will lose his seat.  The AVP party won 12 of the 21 seats, I think it's safe to assume that Nelson Oduber will not be elected with the opposition party controlling the majority of the seats.

JMO

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/22491.htm

GOVERNMENT
Part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Aruba has semi-autonomy on most internal affairs with the exception of defense, foreign affairs, final judicial review, and "Kingdom matters" including human rights and good governance. The constitution was enacted in January 1986. Executive power rests with a governor, while a prime minister heads an eight-member Cabinet. The governor is appointed for a 6-year term by the monarch and the prime minister and deputy prime minister are elected by the legislature, or Staten, for 4-year terms. The Staten is made up of 21 members elected by direct, popular vote to serve 4-year terms. Aruba's judicial system, mainly derived from the Dutch system, operates independently of the legislature and the executive. Jurisdiction, including appeal, lies with the Common Court of Justice of Aruba and the Kingdom-level Supreme Court of Justice in the Netherlands.

I'm sure Red knows a lot more about all of this than I do, I'm looking forward to his thoughts on the election!

Thanks for the compliment, can!  I do my best to bring news articles here that peak my interest and that I hope others will be interested in too.  Unfortunately because of the language barrier, I don't always have a full understanding of a lot of it either.  I'm very grateful to those who help that understanding by finding similar reports in English or Dutch that are more easily translated.

for Natalee!   

TM thank you so much.

I suppose even if Oduber won his seat in his riding/precinct his party would want him to give up the seat, since they made such a poor showing with him at the helm.

Yes, it would be interesting to hear what Red has to say.  Perhaps he'll stop by tomorrow.

God bless dear Natalee and her family.
 an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Goodnight Monkeys.
billb's daughter
Monkey Junky

No Body...No Tourism aruba! Bring Natalee Home!

« Reply #1262 on: September 26, 2009, 11:57:23 PM »

Hi to you too TM...
Just watching old movies with my bride and middle daughter...
But had to stop by to celebrate the downing of Nels, his party, and I HOPE everything it stood for.....
Time will tell.....
billb's daughter
Monkey Junky

No Body...No Tourism aruba! Bring Natalee Home!

« Reply #1263 on: September 27, 2009, 12:15:39 AM »

Good night Good Monkeys....
Justice IS just around the corner for Natalee/family and friends..
Goodbye nels....
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1264 on: September 27, 2009, 12:33:01 AM »

Hi to you too TM...
But had to stop by to celebrate the downing of Nels, his party, and I HOPE everything it stood for.....
Time will tell.....

We had to get a new TV today...and hubby opted for a much larger one than we had before.  I think it's hurting my eyes, lol.  He's really enjoying it!  It will really be awesome if we get the HD box for our satellite...I don't think we need it though.  My goodness, it was almost like the football players were here with us in the living room!  Sounds like a great Saturday night watching old movies with the family.  Enjoy!

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1265 on: September 27, 2009, 12:39:42 AM »

Good night Good Monkeys....
Justice IS just around the corner for Natalee/family and friends..
Goodbye nels....

Nite billb!   

cajun miracle
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1266 on: September 27, 2009, 12:41:28 AM »

Nite TM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1267 on: September 27, 2009, 12:49:54 AM »

Did Oduber lose his seat?  Not sure if it works that way in Aruba.

Texas Mom - you do an awful lot of work for Natalee in providing so much information to the forum. 
I appreciate it, although often, well most of the time - do not have a clear understanding of what I am reading.

Bless Natalee and her family! an angelic monkey

From my understanding Oduber when the vote is confirmed, Oduber will lose his seat.  The AVP party won 12 of the 21 seats, I think it's safe to assume that Nelson Oduber will not be elected with the opposition party controlling the majority of the seats.

JMO

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/22491.htm

GOVERNMENT
Part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Aruba has semi-autonomy on most internal affairs with the exception of defense, foreign affairs, final judicial review, and "Kingdom matters" including human rights and good governance. The constitution was enacted in January 1986. Executive power rests with a governor, while a prime minister heads an eight-member Cabinet. The governor is appointed for a 6-year term by the monarch and the prime minister and deputy prime minister are elected by the legislature, or Staten, for 4-year terms. The Staten is made up of 21 members elected by direct, popular vote to serve 4-year terms. Aruba's judicial system, mainly derived from the Dutch system, operates independently of the legislature and the executive. Jurisdiction, including appeal, lies with the Common Court of Justice of Aruba and the Kingdom-level Supreme Court of Justice in the Netherlands.

I'm sure Red knows a lot more about all of this than I do, I'm looking forward to his thoughts on the election!

Thanks for the compliment, can!  I do my best to bring news articles here that peak my interest and that I hope others will be interested in too.  Unfortunately because of the language barrier, I don't always have a full understanding of a lot of it either.  I'm very grateful to those who help that understanding by finding similar reports in English or Dutch that are more easily translated.

for Natalee!   

TM thank you so much.

I suppose even if Oduber won his seat in his riding/precinct his party would want him to give up the seat, since they made such a poor showing with him at the helm.

Yes, it would be interesting to hear what Red has to say.  Perhaps he'll stop by tomorrow.

God bless dear Natalee and her family.
 an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Goodnight Monkeys.

You know that is a good question...the more I think about it.  I was thinking more on the lines of his position as the Prime Minister.  But maybe he can still have a seat in Parliament?  Without looking I would assume that he was in the top 8 that got votes in his party.  Wish I knew how it all works, but I'm not sure I really care enough to put the effort into researching it more to find out.  JMO, but he doesn't hit me as the type that would settle for being just a member of Parliament at this point. I guess we'll see how it all plays out.

Good night can!    

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1268 on: September 27, 2009, 12:51:26 AM »

Nite TM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good night cajun miracle!   an angelic monkey

Hope you're having a great weekend!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1269 on: September 27, 2009, 01:33:59 AM »

Truth & Justice for Natalee!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1270 on: September 27, 2009, 10:03:50 AM »

http://arubagirl.typepad.com/

Change
In the end, it was a rout. AVP grew with 10 THOUSAND more votes. It got FOUR more seats than the nearest opposition party.

And it all started with a voting district in Noord.

A voting district is just an administrative division used in elections. Winning or losing one doesn't necessarily define the results. The total amount of votes does. But one can see trends in how districts are turning out to try and predict the outcome of an election.

I was a party official at one of the voting districts in Noord. My day started extremely early at 5:45 to get everything ready. I arrived at the voting district 40 minutes before they opened to set up the chairs, the table, the lists. The district officials were there already, setting up their stuff.
 (snipped)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1271 on: September 27, 2009, 10:07:57 AM »

http://www.aruba-bb.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74935

Mike Eman will be Aruba's next Prime Minister

AVP (Aruba Peoples Party), color green, won the election with 12 seats out of 21 seats, and Aruba will be governed for the third consecutive time by only one party. It is the first time that AVP has one 12 seats. Aruba has now shifted from center left government to a center right government. The big victory parade will be held on Sunday. The present government MEP party, color yellow, got 8 seats (a lost of 3 seats), and will be in the opposition for the next 4 years. Real Democrasy Party won 1 seat.

Some of the points of the AVP party for the next 4 years

To abolish turnover tax.
To fight crime by increasing police force, giving them more tools to execute their work properly and maintain order, introducing tough laws.
To invest in the island's infrastructure, constructing Aruba's first bike and jogging path from Oranjestad to the resort area, completion of Oranjestad bypass, construction of the 4 lane highway from Oranjestad to San Nicolas.
To find a new operator for the refinery.
To construct a commuter airport east of San Nicolas for small aircrafts only.
Enforce a moratorium for hotel construction mainly for the areas in west Aruba.
To upgrade donwtown Oranjestad, renovation mainstreet, restauration of monumental buildings, and increase the vibrancy back of the city.
Construction parking garages near downtown areas, introduce parking meters in city center.
To create special incentives for business investment in San Nicolas.
To upgrade and develop downtown San Nicolas as a Caribbean city.
To make Beatrix International Airport a regional passenger and cargo hub.
To open new tourism generating markets in the United States and Canada, direct flight from west coasts.
To open new Latin American and European generating markets to decrease Aruba's dependency on the U.S..
Lots of attention will put on the social aspects of society, increase purchasing power, affordable basic needs, good government pension, increase quality of health care, and affordable healthcare.
Lots of money will be spent on education, upgrading and constructing new schools, with good education materials.
Upgrading and construction sport facilities, introducing programs to have Arubans live a healthy life style, the AVP will be dedicated to fight obesity on the island, starting with children. All schools will be obliged to offer healthy foods.
To elevate the quality of the tourism product Aruba and attract tourists that are willing to spend more.
To make sure that Aruba is one clean country again, enforce tough fines for those who litter.
To preserve the environment by dedicating new areas as non construction areas.
To reduce substantially the demand for oil as a source of energy, gradually increasing the use of clean energy on the island.
To finalize the relocation process of the container harbor from Oranjestad.
To attract legacy carriers back to Aruba such as KLM.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1272 on: September 27, 2009, 10:24:11 AM »

Here is the link to Aruba Girls site if anyone is interested. She worked at one of the polling places yesterday and was a big supporter of AVP. Also it is in English.

http://www.arubagirl.typepad.com/

Thanks SuzieQ, I wondered about that.   

I'm behind in reading....when I had a chance to stop in yesterday, I recalled AG's support of AVP and visited her site.  It's a good feeling when you remember something that is right on.  I was so wiped out from Friday that I just didn't post.   Glad others had the energy.  I think I'm better today.   

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1273 on: September 27, 2009, 11:03:31 AM »

http://www.diario.aw/2009/09/gobierno-nobo-lo-ta-gobierno-di-e-pueblo/

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1274 on: September 27, 2009, 12:49:07 PM »

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1275 on: September 27, 2009, 02:47:38 PM »

[

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1276 on: September 27, 2009, 03:14:10 PM »

Hi to you too TM...
Time will tell.....

We had to get a new TV today...and hubby opted for a much larger one than we had before.  I think it's hurting my eyes, lol.  He's really enjoying it!  It will really be awesome if we get the HD box for our satellite...I don't think we need it though.  My goodness, it was almost like the football players were here with us in the living room!  Sounds like a great Saturday night watching old movies with the family.  Enjoy!

Get the HD -- you will be amazed. Try out the locals (over-the-air) with an antenna first. They are free!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1277 on: September 27, 2009, 10:24:38 PM »

Hi to you too TM...
Time will tell.....

Get the HD -- you will be amazed. Try out the locals (over-the-air) with an antenna first. They are free!

Thanks wreck!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1278 on: September 27, 2009, 10:36:00 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/content/view/12440/5/

conversacionnan of consulta of governor refunjol owing to cuminza

sunday, 27 september 2009 - 13:38

because; part of the proceso of formacion of one gobierno new, after of eleccion of parliament of diabierna ultimo, governor of aruba monday now will cuminsa cu his conversacionnan of consulta. click read more for more info... during the conversacionnan here governor will ricibi informacion tocante result of the eleccion y also conseho tocante formacion of one gabinete new. anticipando the conversacionnan, governor saturday ultimo owing to ricibi visit of chairman of conseho electoral, sr. hubert maduro y of minister chairman sr. nelson oduber. during the conversacion, sr. maduro owing to informa governor of desaroyo of the eleccion y also sr. maduro owing to place governor at height of the first result of eleccion. after of this, governor owing to ricibi minister chairman sr. nelson oduber. at the ocasion here sr. oduber owing to ofrece at governor the retiro of his gabinete completo, for of the as here give espacio for form one gabinete new. governor will take the peticion of retiro in consideracion. at self instant governor owing to ask about the minister chairman y the ministernan of his gabinete, for stay encarga they self cu locual have to considera necesario for bienestar of aruba, till at instant cu governor take his decision for cu the peticion of retiro. monday 28 of september governor will as various consulta, among another cu chairman y secretario of raad van advies y cu chairman of staten. also governor will take away conversacion of consulta cu lidernan of the two fraccionnan more big cu will achieve representacion in the parliament new, faction of people (avp) y movimiento electoral of people (mep). come across

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1279 on: September 28, 2009, 01:11:43 AM »

Truth & Justice for Natalee!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.