March 19, 2024, 01:19:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #824 9/06/09 - 10/12/09  (Read 407494 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1300 on: September 28, 2009, 09:24:10 PM »

http://www.bermudasun.bm/main.asp?SectionID=24&SubSectionID=270&ArticleID=42911

9/25/2009 11:40:00 AM    

Crime victims' families urged to form support group

Family and friends of violent crime victims should lean on each other to make it through the tough times.

This is the view of staff at the Physical Abuse Centre, who want to form a support group to help ease the pain of Bermuda's escalating crime rate.

They hope a message of empowerment and hope from a missing girl's mother, Beth ­Holloway, will "spur people into action".

Ms Holloway, whose daughter Natalee disappeared in 2005 during a high school trip to Aruba, will visit Bermuda to kick off Domestic Violence Awareness Month in ­October.

The Physical Abuse Centre, which celebrates its 30th anniversary this year, always sees an increase in calls for help after a serious crime has taken place.

They receive pleas from the family and friends of victims of shootings and stabbings who want to know who they can talk to about their experiences.

Director Laurie Shiell revealed they "wanted to get it all off their chest" but felt like there was no one who would understand.

She added: "We hope Beth's talk will be a catalyst for a new and much needed support group.

"Family and friends of violent crime victims have been involved in a crisis situation but they don't have anyone to turn to.

"Those with cancer have support groups, those who have been abused have support groups but this is a group of the community not being listened to.

"They can support each other through the tough times and work things through.

"This new support group would help people to see their way through the forest into the light."

Families affected by violent crime always have a police liaison officer assigned to them but Ms Shiell fears this is not always enough.

She claims people affected by violent crimes reach out to find out "who the best person to speak to is".

Ms Shiell said: "People call us because they know we offer a counselling service. We try to work with them and find out their needs. But little do they know they could be helping each other.

"They can seek support from each other, be there for each other.

"They know exactly what each other is going through."

Ms Shiell revealed The Physical Abuse Centre would be happy to oversee the group, offering help and advice when needed.

She hopes it will eventually visit schools to warn children of the dangers of gang violence.

Ms Shiell said: "You occasionally get an individual who has been affected by a violent crime speaking out but many voices are much better than a lone voice.

"All these voices need to come together."

Bermuda Police Service spokesman Dwayne Caines insisted that the force will happily support any organisation that "will bring comfort and help to individuals ­affected by serious crimes".

He added that the police had fully backed the formation of the group ROLO - Remembering Our Loved Ones - which was set up to support the families of road death victims.

Mr. Caines said: "Forging partnerships with relevant community agencies is something that we believe, if done correctly with the appropriate support, can have a huge benefit to the police and Bermuda overall."

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1301 on: September 28, 2009, 10:18:41 PM »

http://www.diario.aw/2009/09/e-xenofobia-di-nel/

I bet this is a great article by Jossy Mansur about Nel Oduber.  I've tried but I just don't think the translations do it justice. 

I haven't seen Sandy Leiva in a while, if anybody stops in that can do a translation that we can understand I would greatly appreciate it!

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1302 on: September 28, 2009, 10:23:37 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_63069.php

Google translation:

Oduber Cabinet should resign by October 31

September 28, 2009, 15:54 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
Print this article

Prime Minister Nelson Oduber (MEP) and Governor Fredis Refunjol during their conversation last Saturday. It was the resignation of the Prime Minister in his cabinet.

ORANGE CITY - Prime Minister Nelson Oduber (MEP) has last Saturday the resignation of his entire cabinet offered to it to make room for the formation of a new government. He did this during a meeting with the governor Fredis Refunjol.

Last Friday-Saturday night announced the leader of the yellow party on October 31 that the government would submit her resignation. This morning, the Prime Minister during a press conference to know "until midnight" on that last day in power to continue. In that period the government would implement a number of issues "which we have lost during the elections. One is to as quickly as possible removing the bbo.

The conversation between the governor and Oduber Refunjol was in anticipation of the governor of the consultation discussions, which began today. During these discussions, the governor advised about the outcome of the elections and the formation of a new Cabinet. Today, the governor would take several consultations, including with the president and secretary of the Advisory Board, the President of the States and the leaders of the two largest groups in the new States will be represented, AVP and MEP.

The governor last Saturday, the chairman of the Electoral Council Hubert Maduro received. During their conversation, the governor informed about the conduct of the elections and the preliminary outcome.

The sooner the better.................so says I.    sis-boom-bah.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1303 on: September 28, 2009, 10:31:44 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_63069.php

Google translation:

Oduber Cabinet should resign by October 31

September 28, 2009, 15:54 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
Print this article

Prime Minister Nelson Oduber (MEP) and Governor Fredis Refunjol during their conversation last Saturday. It was the resignation of the Prime Minister in his cabinet.

ORANGE CITY - Prime Minister Nelson Oduber (MEP) has last Saturday the resignation of his entire cabinet offered to it to make room for the formation of a new government. He did this during a meeting with the governor Fredis Refunjol.

Last Friday-Saturday night announced the leader of the yellow party on October 31 that the government would submit her resignation. This morning, the Prime Minister during a press conference to know "until midnight" on that last day in power to continue. In that period the government would implement a number of issues "which we have lost during the elections. One is to as quickly as possible removing the bbo.

The conversation between the governor and Oduber Refunjol was in anticipation of the governor of the consultation discussions, which began today. During these discussions, the governor advised about the outcome of the elections and the formation of a new Cabinet. Today, the governor would take several consultations, including with the president and secretary of the Advisory Board, the President of the States and the leaders of the two largest groups in the new States will be represented, AVP and MEP.

The governor last Saturday, the chairman of the Electoral Council Hubert Maduro received. During their conversation, the governor informed about the conduct of the elections and the preliminary outcome.

The sooner the better.................so says I.    sis-boom-bah.

So says me too!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1304 on: September 28, 2009, 10:36:45 PM »

From what I've been reading Nel's a sore loser.    Monkey Devil!

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1305 on: September 28, 2009, 11:21:38 PM »

an angelic monkey   

Texasmom, you've outdone yourself every day.  Thank you for all the news, especially about Beth's speaking engagement. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1306 on: September 28, 2009, 11:28:00 PM »

an angelic monkey

Natalee's Candles

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5700.0

Note:  It's heartwarming to see SM members who post in other MP threads lighting candles for Natalee.   

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1307 on: September 28, 2009, 11:30:12 PM »

Hi, Snoop Dawg....I see you up there.  Makes me think of Jacqueline....wonder how she's doin'....long time no see. 

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1308 on: September 28, 2009, 11:41:02 PM »

an angelic monkey   

Texasmom, you've outdone yourself every day.  Thank you for all the news, especially about Beth's speaking engagement. 

Thanks 2NJ!  And you're welcome too!   an angelic monkey

for Natalee!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1309 on: September 29, 2009, 12:13:03 AM »

billb's daughter
Monkey Junky

No Body...No Tourism aruba! Bring Natalee Home!

« Reply #1310 on: September 29, 2009, 12:27:23 AM »

Goodbye nellie - may you feel the pain of Natalee and her family/friends for the rest of your life....
billb's daughter
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1311 on: September 29, 2009, 12:30:27 AM »

Good evening and Good night good Monkeys....
Justice for Natalee just got another layer of the onion peeled back with the defeat of little nels and mep....
Let's hope the next regime corrects the injustice.....
billb's daughter
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1312 on: September 29, 2009, 12:34:28 AM »

Hi TM...I see you and thank you for all you bring on behalf of Natalee.....
As you may notice...I still have issues with nels/mep that I just can't turn the other cheek.....
I do so much HATE THEM ALL......
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1313 on: September 29, 2009, 12:36:20 AM »

Good evening and Good night good Monkeys....
Justice for Natalee just got another layer of the onion peeled back with the defeat of little nels and mep....
Let's hope the next regime corrects the injustice.....

That's my hope and prayer.   

It's never too late to do the right thing....

Good night billb!   an angelic monkey

cajun miracle
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1314 on: September 29, 2009, 12:37:07 AM »

Thanks for the new info. TM. Goodnight Monkeys.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1315 on: September 29, 2009, 12:48:07 AM »

Hi TM...I see you and thank you for all you bring on behalf of Natalee.....
As you may notice...I still have issues with nels/mep that I just can't turn the other cheek.....
I do so much HATE THEM ALL......

Hi billb!   

You're welcome, I love doing anything I can for Natalee and her family.

As you can tell I still have issues with Nel too...I'm not sure I'll ever get over them.

Like Magnolia said the other night, the look on his face in that picture with Beth is etched in my memory...I'll never forget it.  I'll also never forget his words to Dave Holloway, he lied. 

And there's so much more.   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1316 on: September 29, 2009, 12:53:05 AM »

Thanks for the new info. TM. Goodnight Monkeys.

Hi, and you're welcome cajun miracle!  I hope you had a good day!

Good night, sweet dreams!   an angelic monkey

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1317 on: September 29, 2009, 01:19:51 AM »

Truth & Justice for Natalee!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1318 on: September 29, 2009, 01:31:42 AM »

http://www.diario.aw/2009/09/vice-consul-di-embahada-mericano-perdi-na-curacao/

Papiamentu/Google Spanish translation:

vice-consul of embassy mericano lost at curacao

publication: monday, 28 september 2009.

category: general,

police in end of week Owing to stop his house!

Oranjestad (AAN): authority of Curaçao was dealing in end of week one cu mysterious case of disappearance. the issue did take one direction even surprising, hour cu Owing to stop the wife!

Owing to being show, cu by diahuebs 24 of september end, is seeking whereabouts of the mericano, edward james hogan of 49 year of age, occupies one function that is high in embassy mericano at Willemstad.

james is vice-consul at the embassy. The madam of dje, Owing to let know the cu by diahuebs is lost, and yet till the Muher diabierna Owing to dicidi at delivery notice of his disappearance at police.

Owing to indicate authority, cu cu the last place person Owing to see james, cu hour was past nightfall diahuebs Owing to jog at bay janthiel. Tay do not leak much, because; cu is the diplomatic one, and the case is place esey become even more airtight.

tog the disappearance of James Hogan Owing to Achieve attention at the island, and the shock Owing to present in end of week, hour cu Owing to come leave the wife at cla cu Owing to stay stopped while because; "person of interest" in the disappearance .

but in orana of nightfall, he here panana of Owing to word Achieved in area of caracasbaai. Owing to enter after report deouje ge cu Owing to see one Headlamp is drief.

The wings here obheto Owing to disappear after, and Owing to become dark. Not Owing to see nothing more. Kizas the can is one case of suicide.

Owing to Achieve authority cu know the pareho was recently in one discussion, and they're pesey Muher for interogando the kico know more can Owing to happen.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1319 on: September 29, 2009, 01:38:50 AM »

http://antillen.blogo.nl/tag/james-edward-hogan/

FBI to help search for missing Curaçao U.S. diplomat

By Marlies on Monday, September 28, 2009 at 19:54

Posted in Crime & Safety, Curaçao.

Caribiana reports that last weekend five FBI agents participated in the study of the American vice-consul Edward James Hogan. Hogan has since vanished Thursday. He went a walk and has not been seen since. A major search in and around Caracas Bay followed. But so far there is no trace of Hogan. However, near the Caracas Bay jeans from the 49-year-old American found. The police reports that are currently examined all possibilities, including a crime, kidnapping and a "private matter".

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.