April 25, 2024, 05:51:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #824 9/06/09 - 10/12/09  (Read 410234 times)
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #140 on: September 09, 2009, 03:46:55 PM »

I believe that Peter Devries WAS on the side of justice for Natalee Holloway but ... for a price was caught up in an Aruba strategy that would implicate only Joran and thereby:

1.  Close the Investigation
2.  Appease the family
3.  Silence the media
4.  Make the Natalee Holloway case a distance memory
5.  Protect Paulus and the sons of the elite from implication.
6.  Protect those at all levels of the Dutch/Aruba administration involved in the coverup
7.  Protect the judiciary who ruled against detentions of all suspects in the case
8.  Protect those involved in Aruba's underground economy.

That is exactly like the strategy of the AHATA.  They plant a seed of doubt to discredit.
Then the information is repeated until it is taken as fact.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #141 on: September 09, 2009, 03:48:20 PM »

http://www.peterrdevries.com/quote-beth.htm

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #142 on: September 09, 2009, 03:51:25 PM »

I believe that Peter Devries WAS on the side of justice for Natalee Holloway but ... for a price was caught up in an Aruba strategy that would implicate only Joran and thereby:

2.  Appease the family
3.  Silence the media
6.  Protect those at all levels of the Dutch/Aruba administration involved in the coverup
7.  Protect the judiciary who ruled against detentions of all suspects in the case

That is exactly like the strategy of the AHATA.  They plant a seed of doubt to discredit.

If only Joran van der Sloot takes the fall for the events encompassing the morning of May 30, 2005 ... then all the above will come to pass.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #143 on: September 09, 2009, 03:57:36 PM »

2.  Appease the family
3.  Silence the media

If only Joran van der Sloot takes the fall for the events encompassing the morning of May 30, 2005 ... then all the above will come to pass.

Janet

That could be true.  However you have absolutely no proof that Peter R. DeVries was paid "a price" to go
 along with an Aruban strategy.  It is wrong to put that inforamtion into people's heads without some proof.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #144 on: September 09, 2009, 04:08:15 PM »

You are right.  I have no proof.  However ... I can speculate why Peter Devries would lie to the mother of Natalee Holloway when he assured her that he had obtained a full confession from Joran van der Sloot when Paulus was distanced and the Kalpoes were exonerated from participation in the event encompassing the morning of May 30, 2005.

Magnolia ... my posts of speculation are not without backup ... backup that you and others will not acknowledge.  I provided you with Peter Devries own words that imply he does not believe in the Kalpoes' involvement.  You failed to acknowledge.

It is something akin to the prodigal monkeys standing behind John Silvetti 100% while failing to acknowledge Kyle Kingman's own words.

Speculation with "proof" regarding payoffs regarding the happenings of this case has been going on since the getgo.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #145 on: September 09, 2009, 04:14:11 PM »

Speculation with "proof" regarding s/b Speculation without "proof" regarding

_____

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #146 on: September 09, 2009, 04:17:33 PM »

You are right.  I have no proof.  However ... I can speculate why Peter Devries would lie to the mother of Natalee Holloway when he assured her that he had obtained a full confession from Joran van der Sloot when Paulus was distanced and the Kalpoes were exonerated from participation in the event encompassing the morning of May 30, 2005.

Magnolia ... my posts of speculation are not without backup ... backup that you and others will not acknowledge.  I provided you with Peter Devries own words that imply he does not believe in the Kalpoes' involvement.  You failed to acknowledge.

It is something akin to the prodigal monkeys standing behind John Silvetti 100% while failing to acknowledge Kyle Kingman's own words.

Speculation with "proof" regarding payoffs regarding the happenings of this case has been going on since the getgo.

Janet

I don't consider the quotes of Peter DeVries as backup, when he is talking about the words recorded in the Land Rover.
He did get a full confession from Joran on those tapes. I have heard it and I believed what Joran said.
 Aruba chose not to believe it.
I don't see why it is important to discredit Peter R. DeVries.  He has been one of the points of light in this whole
sorry mess.  What has brought you to the point of discrediting him and Dave and Tim Miller?  I don't get it.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #147 on: September 09, 2009, 05:05:25 PM »

Magnolia

For over four years my quest has been to expose ANYBODY associated with the Natalee Holloway case who has a relationship with those who are known to have an Aruban agenda.  I have never given ANYBODY a pass.

When Peter Devries, Tim Miller and Dave/Robin Holloway collaborate in the name of justice for Natatee with those who have done their mutmost to prevent justice from prevailing ... it does not make sense to me and ... I will question their motivations.

If you want to give Peter Devries, Tim Miller and Dave Holloway a pass for who they are ... that is OK with me but ... I cannot.

Along with others ... I questioned Dave and Robin's relationship with the enemy since Robin's enfamous BFN post in August 2006 and ... along with others ... I questioned what was behind the Peter Devries' recording from the moment he claimed that Joran made a "full" confession ... a "full" confession that did not involve the Kalpoes or Paulus van der Sloot.

Janet

+++++++++

JULY, 2007 - FOLLOWING DAVE AND ROBIN'S DENOUNCMENT OF THE BOYCOTT

Tamikosmom
Lively Case Discussion #650 7/3 - 7/4/2007
« Reply #194 on: July 03, 2007, 07:57:23 PM »

Ms. Red ... I believe that logic dictates that that individual family members at some given time have to move on with life even if it means that justice is not forthcoming for Natalee.  However ... that does not explain the relationship Robin and Dave has established with the enemy.

Mark Purcell has submitted countless posts to internet forums upholding Julia Renfro.  Julia Renfro proclaims the innocence of Joran and  and ... she creates smokescreens discrediting both Natalee and Beth.

Ms. Red ... it is not rocket science ... something is not right in regards to this relationship.

My underlying reason for devoting the past two years to the Natalee Holloway case has been to uphold the family in their contention that a corrupt Aruban investigation was denying Natalee justice ... a corrupt Aruban investigation was distancing Paulus and Joran from implication.  I have never wavered from that support for one minute and ... now members of the the family are changing positions ...

I am so discouraged.

Janet

_______

mrs. Red
Lively Case Discussion #650 7/3 - 7/4/2007
« Reply #197 on: July 03, 2007, 07:59:37 PM »

Janet, I do agree that yes, life does and should move on....

but why sleep with the enemy???

Notice no one says that Beth doesn't support a boycott....

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=1290.msg192071;topicseen#msg192071

++++++++

Klaasend
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #812 3/27/09 -
« Reply #703 on: March 30, 2009, 06:27:39 PM »

My loyalty is also with Natalee and secondly her biological mother Beth. I find it very difficult to feel any loyalty to Robin's husband when Robin posts along side of Renfro/Mark Purcell, Reality and other Beth haters.

IMO part of the reasons this case has not been solved is by family members (Robin Holloway) cohorting with the enemy.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4766.msg745322#msg745322

klaasend
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #699 12/1/2007
« Reply #403 on: December 02, 2007, 11:17:37 PM »

We are not attacking the Holloways, we are QUESTIONING why on earth Robin and Dave believe that Julia Renfro and Mark Purcell are worthy of trust after how badly they have spoken about both Natalee and Beth.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2409.400

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #148 on: September 09, 2009, 05:44:22 PM »

Magnolia,

I agree with everything you said.

Thank you!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #149 on: September 09, 2009, 05:47:22 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_62187.php

Google translation:

Large-scale smuggling gold from the Antilles and Aruba

September 9, 2009, 14:02 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
  Print this article

Agents searching the home of Carlos Mercera in Seroe Pela in relation to the large-scale investigation into the laundering of drug money and gold smuggling in the ABC islands and in Europe.

ORANGE CITY - The sons of Anthony and Carlos Mercera UPB-commissioner and former Minister Carlos Marcera Aruba and Bonaire were yesterday arrested in connection with a major investigation into the laundering of drug money and gold smuggling in the ABC islands and in some European countries, including the Netherlands, Belgium and Austria. Justice is the research also encountered a large scale smuggling of gold from the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba.

On Aruba, four searches made including the home of Carlos Marcera in Seroe Pela. These are documents, vehicles and gold were seized. On Bonaire were eighteen searches, namely, in eight homes, four government agencies and six companies. In total there were two arrests among them is Anthony Marcera. On Curaçao has been searched two houses and one commercial building was searched. There is hereby made an arrest, William Wijngaarde.

In those European countries took place two p.m. searches where two people were arrested. Besides the arrests that took place, several firearms, vehicles, vessels, aircraft, precious goods, a large amount of money and a quantity of gold seized.

Gold Smuggling

During the laundering investigation include views on widespread smuggling of gold received from the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba. These gold smuggling is related to an arrest on March 27 this year in the United States took place. While the arrested person is suspected of including substantial sums of money from the major drug trafficking (cocaine from Colombia). About accounts managed by that person in the U.S. in a short time more than eight billion U.S. dollars went.

The investigation is in progress and will not be limited to the Netherlands Antilles, Aruba and Europe. Several arrests and searches are not excluded, says the prosecution of Curaçao.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #150 on: September 09, 2009, 05:51:31 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_62186.php

Opposition: 'Speech Refunjol exaggerated'

Google translation:

September 9, 2009, 14:01 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
  Print this article

ORANGE CITY - The leaders of the opposition parties AVP, RED and MPA are not weak in their comments on the speech of Governor Fredis Rafunjol, he on behalf of the government yesterday at the opening of the parliamentary year was. The party leaders, the government complacency and she shows no vision for the future.

According ASF party leader Mike Eman characterized the speech of the governor on behalf of the Government's attitude of the Cabinet. "At no time admitted that Aruba is currently a very serious situation." The party leader points to the decline in revenues in the tourism sector and the fall in purchasing power "after eight years measures' which has led to the entire population of The island has become poorer. "The pain in society is large and you would still expect the government would consider the current situation and that a change must come. It also said that there would be strategic partners that we have lost and how the government will reduce. But at least in one sense or passage should be told about how this government thinks the economy to want to boost. That has not happened, so it remains an attitude of denial and neglect on the part of the government, in this speech, "said Mike Eman

Sad Christmas

According to Rudy Lampe, leader of RED, draws the speech of Governor Refunjol too optimistic picture of reality. "Many families lose their income. This week, 500 contract workers at Valero go home. This is a large effect on our entire economy. At a certain point you can talk about a few thousand families a sad Christmas and look forward into trouble because they can not fulfill their obligations. "

According to Lampe, the government on the one hand that the pensions for civil servants too expensive, but there is no mention about the pension plan for ministers and members of the States. "I am disappointed that this issue was not discussed because it is important that the false system is adjusted. The officials will be sacrifices in these difficult times and return, but not the directors. "The party leader calls on the outgoing members of the States to make an order to use the bridging allowance.

According to Monica Kock, leader of MPA, summarized the government in the speech of the Governor only on what is achieved. "Discussions focused on what has been done and very little about what they want." What is said about the new waste treatment plant in Parkietenbos has noticed her. "It was boasted that Aruba is the only country outside the U.S. such installation, but the reason is that Aruba is used as guinea pigs for this. First it was the intention of the fluff that is produced to use as landfill. Only now do they decide what they will do it. "

Furthermore, the accused leader of the party rose to the fact that government party MEP until today no party has presented. "In 2005 they were still showing A4 piece of paper with ten points. This time there is not even mentioned once and that worries me, because even during this little speech we got to hear new plans. "

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #151 on: September 09, 2009, 05:55:06 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_62184.php

Google translation:

ARUBA

Valero-workers supported by ABA

September 9, 2009, 13:59 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - The Aruba Bankers' Association (ABA) recognizes that the decision of Valero to contracts with the various contractors to say it was likely that the employees of contractors who lose their jobs. They recognize that they result in serious financial difficulties might bring. The ABA has decided not to wait but right now this group of workers a helping hand.

The local banks are calling loans to the victims who have to run one or more banks, to come forward. The banks are willing to think with them and to each case in an effort to achieve the most feasible. In this context is thought to converting loans or construction over a period of time only the interest needs to be paid.

ABA points out that the situation which has arisen is different than the situation at the time of closure of the Lake in 1985 and therefore can not be compared with them. In the short term, banks will contact the companies concerned, the unions and the Central Bank of Aruba (CBA) to discuss this matter.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #152 on: September 09, 2009, 05:59:06 PM »

Magnolia ... please hear me out.

I believe I have valid reasons for turning on Natalee Holloway's father and stepmother but ... above all loyalty for Beth and Natalee is where it is at for me in my decision not to give Robin and Dave Holloway a pass.  It is all about their four year relationship with Mark Purcell and his adherences at BFN and BNH.  Think about the words of the posts submitted by those with an Aruban agenda ... posts that  despicably undermining both Natalee and her mother.  Robin and Dave have been aware of these posts from the getgo and still the relationship continues.  Aside from what I consider valid reasons for turning on these two and ... most I have shared on this forum ... I have lost all respect for them.

Despite our differences Magnolia ... I would not join a forum where you were dispicable undermind.  Hey ... I would not allow without a challenge a poster to appear on this forum out of nowhere and undermine you.  It is a thing called loyalty.

I feel for Dave and Robin Holloway.  Both have lost a daughter they watch grow to a beautiful young lady.  However ... that relationship does not imply that Dave and Robins actions and motives are above reproach.

Sincere, Janet.

_____

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #153 on: September 09, 2009, 06:13:54 PM »

Janet,
I may not approve of all the methods of Dave Holloway, but I will not condemn him.
I do not know what is in his mind or his heart.  I know he has lost a child and has not
been able to find the remains of that child or the answers to what happened to her.
I would imagine he is tired and feels depleted.  I would imagine that he wants some peace.
That is how I would feel in such a situation.
I do not think for even one minute that Dave or Tim Miller or Peter R. DeVries would intentionally
do anything or take any amount of money to undermine the investigation into Natalee's disappearance.
I do not believe that any of those three men have that sort of character.  But, that is just my opinion
after following this sad story for over four years.
I do not think you would knowingly do anything to corrupt the investigation either and I respect you.
But that does not mean I see everything exactly as you do.
Now Robin is another story.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #154 on: September 09, 2009, 06:28:09 PM »

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #155 on: September 09, 2009, 06:38:19 PM »

Peter DeVries is one of my heroes. There is no doubt in my mind that he will focus on Paulus VDS at some point in time.  I don't believe he is quite through with Joran VDS yet.  All in good time.  Paulus in in his sights and when you least expect it he will pull a fast one on him also.  Joran will screw up again and Peter will be right there.  As for the Kalpoes, you can't get them unless you get Paulus.  Paulus hold the key to all of this. JMO

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #156 on: September 09, 2009, 06:42:51 PM »

Peter DeVries is one of my heroes. There is no doubt in my mind that he will focus on Paulus VDS at some point in time.  I don't believe he is quite through with Joran VDS yet.  All in good time.  Paulus in  is in his sights and when you least expect it he will pull a fast one on him also.  Joran will screw up again and Peter will be right there.  As for the Kalpoes, you can't get them unless you get Paulus.  Paulus hold holds the key to all of this. JMO

darn it---correction.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #157 on: September 09, 2009, 07:03:12 PM »

Janet,
I may not approve of all the methods of Dave Holloway, but I will not condemn him.
I do not know what is in his mind or his heart.  I know he has lost a child and has not
been able to find the remains of that child or the answers to what happened to her.
I would imagine he is tired and feels depleted.  I would imagine that he wants some peace.
I do not think for even one minute that Dave or Tim Miller or Peter R. DeVries would intentionally
do anything or take any amount of money to undermine the investigation into Natalee's disappearance.
I do not believe that any of those three men have that sort of character.  But, that is just my opinion
I do not think you would knowingly do anything to corrupt the investigation either and I respect you.

... and that is fine with me.  I would love it if everybody were to agree with my points of view but ... I know realistically that is not going to happen.  However ... I do want the freedom of expressing my positions ... positions that I do not arrive at lightly ... without being disrespectfully undermine.  I do not have a problem being alone in a crowd regarding opinion but ... I truly want to be one with others on this forum in our united quest for answers regarding a corrupt Aruban investigation that has prevented justice from prevailing for Natalee Holloway. 

Thank you Magnolia.

Janet

_____

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #158 on: September 09, 2009, 07:29:26 PM »

Janet,

... and that is fine with me.  I would love it if everybody were to agree with my points of view but ... I know realistically that is not going to happen.  However ... I do want the freedom of expressing my positions ... positions that I do not arrive at lightly ... without being disrespectfully undermine.  I do not have a problem being alone in a crowd regarding opinion but ... I truly want to be one with others on this forum in our united quest for answers regarding a corrupt Aruban investigation that has prevented justice from prevailing for Natalee Holloway. 

Thank you Magnolia.

Janet

You can express your opinions until the cows come home.  Nobody has ever denied you that priviledge.
But you need to understand that a different opinion to yours is not undermining you or being disrespectful.
It is another monkey's opinion... just as yours is only your opinion.

hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #159 on: September 09, 2009, 08:36:12 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_62187.php

Google translation:

Large-scale smuggling gold from the Antilles and Aruba

September 9, 2009, 14:02 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
  Print this article

Agents searching the home of Carlos Mercera in Seroe Pela in relation to the large-scale investigation into the laundering of drug money and gold smuggling in the ABC islands and in Europe.

ORANGE CITY - The sons of Anthony and Carlos Mercera UPB-commissioner and former Minister Carlos Marcera Aruba and Bonaire were yesterday arrested in connection with a major investigation into the laundering of drug money and gold smuggling in the ABC islands and in some European countries, including the Netherlands, Belgium and Austria. Justice is the research also encountered a large scale smuggling of gold from the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba.

On Aruba, four searches made including the home of Carlos Marcera in Seroe Pela. These are documents, vehicles and gold were seized. On Bonaire were eighteen searches, namely, in eight homes, four government agencies and six companies. In total there were two arrests among them is Anthony Marcera. On Curaçao has been searched two houses and one commercial building was searched. There is hereby made an arrest, William Wijngaarde.

In those European countries took place two p.m. searches where two people were arrested. Besides the arrests that took place, several firearms, vehicles, vessels, aircraft, precious goods, a large amount of money and a quantity of gold seized.

Gold Smuggling

During the laundering investigation include views on widespread smuggling of gold received from the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba. These gold smuggling is related to an arrest on March 27 this year in the United States took place. While the arrested person is suspected of including substantial sums of money from the major drug trafficking (cocaine from Colombia). About accounts managed by that person in the U.S. in a short time more than eight billion U.S. dollars went.

The investigation is in progress and will not be limited to the Netherlands Antilles, Aruba and Europe. Several arrests and searches are not excluded, says the prosecution of Curaçao.

Connection???

CNN) -- Texas billionaire Allen Stanford was taken into custody Thursday night on a fraud-related charge in Stafford, Virginia, the FBI said.

Allen Stanford, right, poses with his Antigua cricket team in November 2008.
 FBI Supervisory Special Agent M.A. Myers would not provide further details on Stanford's arrest, but his attorney, Dick DeGuerin, told CNN that Stanford had surrendered to agents.

Stanford, accused of a $9.2 billion fraud by U.S. regulators, denied all wrongdoing in a tearful interview in April during which he threatened to punch his questioner in the mouth.

"I would die and go to hell if it's a Ponzi scheme," Stanford, who was ranked at No. 205 in Forbes magazine's list of 400 richest Americans with assets of more than $2 billion, told ABC News.

The assets of Stanford and his financial groups, based in Antigua and the Caribbean, are frozen while the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission investigates allegations he ran "a massive Ponzi scheme," a pyramid scheme in which new investors' money is stolen to pay profits to existing clients.

During his ABC interview, Stanford complained that he had to fly commercial airlines after the federal government confiscated his six private jets.

"They make you take your shoes off and everything," he said. "It's terrible."

Stanford threatened to punch the interviewer when he was questioned about reported links to alleged money laundering for a Mexican drug cartel, charges he vehemently denied with the threat before backing down.

Before his arrest, Stanford faced an array of civil claims. He and his wife owe back taxes, penalties and interest of at least $226.5 million, the IRS said in court documents filed in Dallas, Texas, last March.

The final total could be even higher because the Stanfords have not filed their income tax return for 2007. The IRS says they owe $110 million in back taxes, $55.8 million in penalties and $60.7 million in interest for the 1999 through 2003 tax years.

The Securities and Exchange Commission has said that Stanford was behind "a fraud of shocking magnitude." FBI agents served Stanford with SEC papers accusing him and three of his companies of orchestrating a $9.2 billion investment fraud scheme.

With the filing, the IRS joins thousands of other creditors in the case who are seeking a crack at Stanford's remaining assets.

In February Antiguan and Barbudan regulators took control of Stanford's financial institutions on the twin-island nation, a day after federal agents served the Texas businessman with papers accusing him of running an investment fraud scheme.

In a complaint filed in February in federal court in Dallas, Texas, the Securities and Exchange Commission accused Stanford International Bank of using a network of financial advisers to sell about $8 billion of "certificates of deposit" to investors.

The bank boasted it had a unique investment strategy that had allowed it to reap double-digit returns on its investments for the previous 15 years, the SEC said.

The civil complaint alleged an additional scheme relating to $1.2 billion in sales.

Stanford's bank claimed its network had $51 billion in deposits and assets under management or advisement, with more than 70,000 clients in 140 countries.

The allegations against Stanford and his companies sparked runs on Stanford banks in Antigua and in Venezuela, where the government took over the local subsidiary in February after it recorded "extraordinary" withdrawals, according to Venezuela's superintendent of banks.

The SEC complaint also named James Davis, SIB's chief financial officer; Laura Pendergest-Holt, chief investment officer of Stanford Financial Group; and investment adviser Stanford Capital Management.

Stanford, who sponsored a cricket team and series of matches in Antigua, had his ties to the sport severed earlier this year when the England and Wales Cricket Board announced it would not play any further Stanford Twenty20 matches in Antigua as well as shelving plans for the Quadrangular Twenty20 events.

Under the deal struck between the ECB and financier Stanford last summer, England were due to play four further $20 million matches in the Caribbean, while the proposed Quadrangular events were scheduled to take place annually from 2009 to 2011, with each edition worth around $9 million.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/18/stanford.fraud.charge/index.html

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.