March 19, 2024, 01:15:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #824 9/06/09 - 10/12/09  (Read 407493 times)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1440 on: October 03, 2009, 02:26:47 PM »

THE ULTIMATE BETRAYAL BY JOHN SILVETTI

KYLE KINGMAN - IN HIS OWN WORDS

Kyle Kingman:
The Persistence had no divers on the 7th. Tim Trahan was our diver on the 30th-Dec, but he was out of the country at the time. The Aruban divers were on the police boat, dove from their boat, and returned to their boat. (March 11, 2008)

Kyle Kingman: They were immediately whisked away by the Aruban police and not seen of again by us on the 7th. (March 11, 2008)

Kyle Kingman: I get done in the survey room backing up the ROV dive and head to the back deck to talk to the Polis divers and see what they sampled and see the Polis boat way in the distance heading away fast. John doesn't seem concerned at all, but I am very dissapointed, concerned, and burning inside because I have a feeling that I/we will never know what they took from the trap. That evening I talked to John asking when we plan on recovering the trap. Previously this was part of the talks and plan, but this time he doesn't seem concerned about ever looking into the trap further. After John verbally BASHED me about the trap for what I said to Tim Miller about the sand body-form and that I believed her skirt was under the sand, John pretty much committed himself to the belief the trap wasn't what we were after. This shocked me because it was exactly what we were looking for- a fish trap lost at sea with human remains.

It's pretty hard to refute Kyle's own words!! What are the C'NG/Goldmonkeys saying these days??????????????????????????????? They have been awful quiet!

^^^^^
bump

JMO wreck, it seems to be slow everywhere but I imagine they are all very busy in their little hideyholes deciding who will post what over at GM in the "to scared monkeys" thread.  That's about the only place there's been much activity from what I can tell.  Oh, Bastibro did come out from BNH long enough to post a Justice for Natalee picture at GM. (iirc that was in another thread)

Summary:
Concerted effort to discredit Kermit and SM...no surprise there.
Debbie and SS are so close that SS now speaks for Natalee's family too.
Spooky is the newest member over at GM.
Sam must miss SM, or she's just a glutton for punishment with her compliments and public thanks to Klaas and CBB.
Debbie made a mistake (well really two) in one of her posts and since it's still there I guess no one had the guts to mention it to her, imagine that!

Monkey Devil!

Title: Re: To Scared Monkeys...
Post by: Debbie on September 30, 2009, 08:41:12 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I point blank asked him... Dave, we you ever a Navy Seal.  His answer was NO, he was never in the military at all.

No idea about CnG.  Maybe someone else knows.

I guess they are all waiting around on the edge of their seats for the "new" ocean search by Silvetti!!!  Monkey Devil!

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1441 on: October 03, 2009, 02:36:32 PM »

You can tell in this picture he doesn't give a crap about Natalee

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1442 on: October 03, 2009, 02:39:45 PM »

omg Blonde...the other day I was looking at this photo, as I have so many times in the past...and I thought >>>

He is so bored and he is saying yadda, yadda, yadda to himself.

I hate them all. They make me sick. 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1443 on: October 03, 2009, 03:08:45 PM »

THE ULTIMATE BETRAYAL BY JOHN SILVETTI

KYLE KINGMAN - IN HIS OWN WORDS

Kyle Kingman:
The Persistence had no divers on the 7th. Tim Trahan was our diver on the 30th-Dec, but he was out of the country at the time. The Aruban divers were on the police boat, dove from their boat, and returned to their boat. (March 11, 2008)

Kyle Kingman: They were immediately whisked away by the Aruban police and not seen of again by us on the 7th. (March 11, 2008)

Kyle Kingman: I get done in the survey room backing up the ROV dive and head to the back deck to talk to the Polis divers and see what they sampled and see the Polis boat way in the distance heading away fast. John doesn't seem concerned at all, but I am very dissapointed, concerned, and burning inside because I have a feeling that I/we will never know what they took from the trap. That evening I talked to John asking when we plan on recovering the trap. Previously this was part of the talks and plan, but this time he doesn't seem concerned about ever looking into the trap further. After John verbally BASHED me about the trap for what I said to Tim Miller about the sand body-form and that I believed her skirt was under the sand, John pretty much committed himself to the belief the trap wasn't what we were after. This shocked me because it was exactly what we were looking for- a fish trap lost at sea with human remains.

It's pretty hard to refute Kyle's own words!! What are the C'NG/Goldmonkeys saying these days??????????????????????????????? They have been awful quiet!

^^^^^
bump

JMO wreck, it seems to be slow everywhere but I imagine they are all very busy in their little hideyholes deciding who will post what over at GM in the "to scared monkeys" thread.  That's about the only place there's been much activity from what I can tell.  Oh, Bastibro did come out from BNH long enough to post a Justice for Natalee picture at GM. (iirc that was in another thread)

Summary:
Concerted effort to discredit Kermit and SM...no surprise there.
Spooky is the newest member over at GM.
Sam must miss SM, or she's just a glutton for punishment with her compliments and public thanks to Klaas and CBB.
Debbie made a mistake (well really two) in one of her posts and since it's still there I guess no one had the guts to mention it to her, imagine that!

Monkey Devil!

Title: Re: To Scared Monkeys...
Post by: Debbie on September 30, 2009, 08:41:12 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I point blank asked him... Dave, we you ever a Navy Seal.  His answer was NO, he was never in the military at all.

No idea about CnG.  Maybe someone else knows.

I guess they are all waiting around on the edge of their seats for the "new" ocean search by Silvetti!!!  Monkey Devil!

Monkey Devil!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1444 on: October 03, 2009, 04:54:01 PM »

http://curacao.usconsulate.gov/uploads/images/nXyIwfyZCXXtdMpu8FGccA/WEEKLY_News.pdf

ARUBA

Crime September 25 – October 1

On September 25 a tourist was robbed by two men in Oranjestad. On the same evening, home owners in De Vuyst were robbed and injured by several men who broke into their home. On September 28, a Chinese supermarket in Rooi Koochi was robbed by a teenager. The suspect was later arrested. Two days later, the proprietor of a car rental company in Oranjestad was robbed by two masked men when he opened his store. The victim was beaten and tied, and the office was ransacked (Diario Aruba, Awe Mainta, Extra).

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1445 on: October 03, 2009, 04:54:56 PM »

<snipped>

<snipped>

Maybe Dave Holloway does not YET realize that his new spokesperson at one time had the John Silvetti betrayal figured out perfectly.

Janet

++++++

-SS NOVEMBER/DECEMBER, 2008

SS
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #775 11/16/08 thru
on: November 17, 2008, 08:32:15 PM 

Monkeys - Kyle said that he discovered the trap on the screen very early Christmas morning.  That's when Tim said  "it looks like a skull".  The contents of the trap were cleaned on January 7th.  Persistence continued to use side scan sonor to map the ocean floor well into February.  Now how could they justify all of those extra weeks of searching for a missing American woman if they had already found her in the beginning of January?  They also needed to get our focus off of Persistence and the ocean search.  Viola!  Caps enters the picture to tell us about Manserat Pond.  The picture of the cage was never supposed to be released and I'm sure that caused big trouble.  All of the evidence disappeared.  The fabric sent to Quantico wasn't Natalee's blouse.  There wasn't anything else in the cage - it was just a coconut or a piece of coral.  Back to the ocean search for Peristence so that they could continue with the grids and their non profit search.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4129.msg546635#msg546635

SS
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #781 12/3/08 -
« Reply #156 on: December 04, 2008, 02:08:35 AM »

1.  Silvetti's businesses were in trouble.  He wanted to start new businesses with oil and an oil pipeline from Aruba to Chavez in Colombia.  He needed money.

2.  He illegally sold off his shares of stock and that is why the SEC is after him.

3.  Before he started his new oil business, he needed to have a geological scan of the ocean floor.  Doing those scans costs lots of money.

4.  He agreed to volunteer his ship, crew, and equipment to search for a missing American woman in the same area.  He scans the ocean floor looking for Natalee, but really he's doing oil work.

5.  Most of his expenses for the Persistence search were written off on his corporate tax returns because it was charity work and a donation that he was doing.  By looking for Natalee, he was able to map the ocean for free.

6.  Natalee was found in the end of December.  Oh no, what can he do?  He can't keep mapping the ocean floor for free because he just found the missing American woman.  So, the trap contents were turned over to ALE, nothing was ever in that trap. and he continued to search for Natalee and map for oil for another 6 to 8 weeks -at very little expense to himself.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4186.msg565794;topicseen#msg565794

SS
« Reply #310 on: November 17, 2008, 11:53:15 PM »

Jossy and John are friends.  John went to Aruba in March to attend a Mansur wedding.

Has anyone thought about the possibility that the Mansurs own the mineral rights on the ocean floor?  They own 80% of the island.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if they own the mineral rights under the ocean shelf.  Translated that means whoever owns the mineral rights makes money off of every barrel of oil that is brought to the surface and John Silvetti had just finished the geological survey to determine where to place the off shore wells.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4129.msg546590#msg546590

SS
« Reply #322 on: November 18, 2008, 12:22:13 AM »

Oil in that area of the Carribbean is touchy because of Chavez.  He owns everything.  The US needs allys with oil.  Is that why they have been easy on Aruba?  They didn't want the world to know that they planning off shore exploration and drilling.  Another factor was probably money.  Geological exploration is expensive.  Silvetti's company was just about bankrupt.  Wouldn't it be nice to have all of those mapping expenses written off because it was done for the purpose of searching for the body of a missing American woman.  Their survey was done for a nonprofit organization.  How magnanimous.  Crappy Island will be a boom town if they drill for oil and find it and the Mansurs will greatly increase their fortune.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4129.320

SSS
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #782 12/5/08 -
« Reply #726 on: December 06, 2008, 04:23:52 PM »

I agree with you, Janet.  I thought a lot about it last night, after I finally had to turn my computer off and just think.  In his heart, I'm sure that Tim Miller believed what he had seen or he wouldn't have said, Bull$hit with the thumbs down.  However, he had no control over all of that pphotographic equipment and perhaps he was only being shown what they wanted him to see.  There was a very good reason why they had to get him off of Persistence before January 7th.  I don't think that Dave or Tim would have gone to Nicaragua if they didn't think it was a viable lead.  I wonder if ALE are the ones who set it all up as another one of their infamous diversion tactics

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4209.msg569218#msg569218

SS
« Reply #697 on: December 06, 2008, 03:26:15 PM »

Blue Moon - great reference!  I have pretty much been a believer that Natalee was buried on land, but after Kyle's calculations, I don't think so anymore.  Kyle is a trained oceanographer and he has been taught how to make those calculations of objects on the ocean floor.  Kyle's calculations are actually the first piece of scientific data that we have after three and a half years.  I wonder if it would be too much of a stretch to hope that the release of the cage photographs somehow has forced Rudy's hand???  They can't deny any longer that something was in the cage.  There are photographs to prove the lie.  Whether or not they have destroyed the actual cage contents remains to be seen.  If the evidence has been destroyed, Richardson and Mos could also be in trouble along with Paulass and Uncle Jan.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4209.msg569178#msg569178

SS
« Reply #702 on: December 06, 2008, 03:41:17 PM »

Tim became a liability because her had the film footage from the 29th and the 30th.  He knew what was in the cage.  Just from the original Photographs on the 29th, we can clearly see a skull and a shoe.  I think Tim probably became a source of contention and was distracted away from the ship so the contents could be turned over to ALE.  Tim has to have figured out what happened.  I wonder if it's difficult for him to look at Beth and Dave in their eyes.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4209.msg569184#msg569184

SS
« Reply #702 on: December 06, 2008, 03:41:17 PM »

Tim became a liability because her had the film footage from the 29th and the 30th.  He knew what was in the cage.  Just from the original Photographs on the 29th, we can clearly see a skull and a shoe.  I think Tim probably became a source of contention and was distracted away from the ship so the contents could be turned over to ALE.  Tim has to have figured out what happened.  I wonder if it's difficult for him to look at Beth and Dave in their eyes.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4209.msg569184#msg569184

SS
« Reply #678 on: December 06, 2008, 01:52:46 PM »

I don't think anything would surprise me at this point.  This story is getting sicker by the day.  How could they just hand all of that evidence over to ALE and deny that they had found anything???  And, sit silently by when our FBI was sent a piece of nothing?

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4209.msg569137#msg569137

Dialogue - SS and Tamikosmom:

SS
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #778 11/23/08 -
« Reply #755 on: November 24, 2008, 10:13:44 PM »

I have some feelings about the photographs and I wonder if others feel the same way that I do.  If Louis, John, and Kyle had hidden those photographs from ALE so that they could be turned over to Beth, Dave, and US authorities, it would have been a dishonest action, but it would have been in the best interests of everyone.  ALE has been so despicable from day one, and under handed handling of evidence would have been a double standard, but I would have supported it and jumped up and down with cheers.  Unfortunately, that isn't what happened.  The evidence was hidden from Beth, Dave, and the American public and the photographs were never even given to the FBI by members of the Persistence group.  When I hear that there is even a remote possibility that Louis Schafer sold those photographs for big bucks and that Kyle attempted to sell the photographs to networks last February, I just want to scream.  These actions are beyond explanation or justification.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4173.msg556201#msg556201

Tamikosmom
« Reply #774 on: November 24, 2008, 10:39:01 PM »

I wish Kyle would respond to these allegations.

Thanks SS.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4173.msg556243#msg556243

SS
« Reply #784 on: November 24, 2008, 10:46:48 PM »

Dinners over... I ate my crow and it didn't very good at all.  I am so sorry for going at you.  I was so convinced that everything and everyone involved with Perisistence were above reproach.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4173.msg556257;topicseen#msg556257

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1446 on: October 03, 2009, 05:13:04 PM »

http://www.minbuza.nl/nl/Actueel/Nieuwsberichten/2009/09/Verhagen_bedankt_Thailand_voor_gratie

Verhagen thanked Thailand for clemency

News | September 26, 2009 | Thailand

Minister Verhagen has his Thai colleague Kasit Piromya thanked for granting clemency to a Dutch prisoner.

The Ministers (Foreign Affairs) spoke together today during the General Assembly in New York. Verhagen argues these days with more than twenty colleagues from different parts of the world.

The Dutchman had on a heavy prison sentence given to the Dutch standards for relatively minor offense of drug trafficking.

"Our embassies in Thailand and elsewhere, do their utmost to Dutch who need help," Verhagen said: "I am pleased that this outcome has been. But we must realize that pardon is an exception. "

Dutch people abroad are held for drug trafficking, are the law of the country. Abroad possession of drugs is punished much harder than in the Netherlands.

There are currently 2462 Dutch in foreign prisons, and their number is still growing. More than 75 percent of them is a sentence for crimes related to the smuggling of drugs.

I have to wonder what made that one worthy of seeking clemency for, and if Joran might be in the same category.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1447 on: October 03, 2009, 05:18:22 PM »

I doubt VERY seriously that anything SS is saying comes directly from Dave Holloway.

JMO

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1448 on: October 03, 2009, 08:40:15 PM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1449 on: October 03, 2009, 08:59:50 PM »

http://www.aruba-bb.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75098

An Aruban will decide for the Olympic city in 2016
Nicole Hoevertsz (Aruban) Has Two Favorites, But Will Decide At The Last Presentation

October 2nd 2009, Denmark/Aruba.

COPENHAGEN/ORANJESTAD-Nicole Hoevertz, a former Aruban athlete, and member of the International
Olympic Committee since 2006, is one of the members who will cast a vote today for the city that they
believe has the right to host the Olympic Games in 2016. Four cities are competing aggressively against
each other to win the bid to host the Games, they include Rio de Janeiro, Madrid, Tokyo, and Chicago. It
is the first time that an Aruban will vote for a city to host the Olympic Games. "It is amazing that a
country of just over 100,000 people like Aruba has an equal voice as members from countries with 100
million or even 256 million people, Hoevertsz said."

Hoevertsz met with First Lady Michelle Obama who is supporting the bid of Chicago. The encounter with
Mrs. Obama was very pleasant, she is clearly passionate about Chicago. Hoevertsz gave the U.S. First
Lady an Aruban pin. Mrs. Obama told Hoevertsz that she heard the elections were recently held on the
island. It is an indication that the U.S. first family is well aware on what is going on in a small country like
Aruba.

Hoevertsz also met with Queen Sofia of Spain who is supporting the Madrid bid. She later met with
Brazilian soccer legend, Pele, who supports Rio de Janeiro. Hoevertsz said she has two favorite cities in
mind, her final decision will be based on the best presentation of all 4 cities.

The winning city to host the Olympic Games in 2016 will be announced today at 18:30hours Danish time.
Rio de Janeiro and Chicago are seen as the favorites to win. Little over 100 members of the IOC will vote
today. Every vote is important, London barely won from Paris for the right to host the Olympic Games in
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1450 on: October 03, 2009, 09:52:34 PM »

I doubt VERY seriously that anything SS is saying comes directly from Dave Holloway.

JMO

That is not what I implied.  Just the opposite.  Read my post again please.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1451 on: October 03, 2009, 11:01:55 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_63324.php

Google translation:

Formation Cabinet official Mike Eman

October 3, 2009, 13:49 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
Print this article

Mike Eman, along with supporters, just after his conversation with the governor.

ORANGE CITY - faster than many had expected, AVP-leader Mike Eman yesterday submitted its list of ministers to Governor Fredis Refunjol. These appointed him with forming a cabinet and asked him to form the next years to come "a social and administrative climate, which focuses on cooperation and social cohesion".

In the exploratory mandate to the governor also calls attention to 'structural measures to promote economic growth and consolidation of public finances "(continued on page 3).
Eman made yesterday the government also publicly format. The portfolios are as follows: Arthur Dower is Minister of Justice and Education, Infrastructure and Environment will Sevinger Benny and Michelle Winklaar is Minister of Economic Affairs, Social Affairs and Culture. Otmar Oduber gets Tourism and Labor Affairs, Mike Meza is the Minister of Finance, Transportation and Utilities and Richard Visser finally get the Sport and Health portfolios. Mike Eman is Prime Minister of General Affairs. The new green majority in the Legislature supports the reciting of Andy Lee as State President. Rene is Fractievoorzitter Herde. Abath Edwin, who was not on the electoral list, the Minister Plenipotentiary of Aruba in the Netherlands. Initially this post was offered to Paul Croes, but he pointed it off. Eman: "There are those who say that abroad you can develop your political career and there are others who say that you just have to do close to home. He has taken the latter approach. "Croes Paul goes to the States.

"In the last few days and in anticipation we felt important to the college of ministers and members of the States to form the next month because we want to use the table to sit with the social partners and organizations. We wanted this as soon as possible behind them so as to focus on the content. We also play for time, so the prospective ministers to prepare for their mission, "the brand new formateur the rapid formation of the cabinet.

In the past week there was speculation about a possible coalition with PDR who won a seat in the election. Eman: "From the moment the elections were behind, I looked at the possibilities for a coalition with Democracia Real. But there was not enough to support within the party. However, there is much support for the idea that yet another group Democracia Real than that of MEP. Of course we must wait to see if that really is, but there certainly AVP within the idea of the ideas Democracia Real, which largely correspond to those of us, a place to give our policy. "

In the coming months are the ministers in waiting in the old Board Office. "We are accessible and ready to make work. It is in a deplorable state, but we invite everyone to come on weekends to get a hand to help clean up. "The next three weeks, the formateur there in conversation with the social partners that he invites. "In the coming weeks, we want more offices in the building ready for the other ministers so that at least a large part of the Ministers in the Government Office work", said Eman.

Transfer
The still reigning Cabinet Oduber wants to say before its transfer to leave a bed spread for the next government by including the elimination of BBO and increasing the welfare and the minimum wage. Eman: "All they do as we wish, it would be nice. Then we get to the end of the government still a bit bi-partisanship. Though I do not think it was their intention. "ASF leader says a letter sent to the government and have asked the governor to ensure that the transfer of tasks and issues as smooth as possible. "As in other, more mature countries is common." He expects "frankly" not that this will be met by the government.

Eman also denies the charge of Prime Minister Nelson Oduber that the Mike Meza, Otmar Oduber and Benny Sevinger because current justice issues were not Ministry table. "The formation process is a roadmap which include the formateur, along with the governor and with the help of all security documents and all records of the candidate ministers nakijkt. I know them all and I am not one who would not correct. "

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1452 on: October 03, 2009, 11:06:24 PM »

http://www.aruba-bb.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75098

An Aruban will decide for the Olympic city in 2016
Nicole Hoevertsz (Aruban) Has Two Favorites, But Will Decide At The Last Presentation

October 2nd 2009, Denmark/Aruba.

COPENHAGEN/ORANJESTAD-Nicole Hoevertz, a former Aruban athlete, and member of the International
Olympic Committee since 2006, is one of the members who will cast a vote today for the city that they
believe has the right to host the Olympic Games in 2016. Four cities are competing aggressively against
each other to win the bid to host the Games, they include Rio de Janeiro, Madrid, Tokyo, and Chicago. It
is the first time that an Aruban will vote for a city to host the Olympic Games. "It is amazing that a
country of just over 100,000 people like Aruba has an equal voice as members from countries with 100
million or even 256 million people, Hoevertsz said."

Hoevertsz met with First Lady Michelle Obama who is supporting the bid of Chicago. The encounter with
Mrs. Obama was very pleasant, she is clearly passionate about Chicago. Hoevertsz gave the U.S. First
Lady an Aruban pin. Mrs. Obama told Hoevertsz that she heard the elections were recently held on the
island. It is an indication that the U.S. first family is well aware on what is going on in a small country like
Aruba.

Hoevertsz also met with Queen Sofia of Spain who is supporting the Madrid bid. She later met with
Brazilian soccer legend, Pele, who supports Rio de Janeiro. Hoevertsz said she has two favorite cities in
mind, her final decision will be based on the best presentation of all 4 cities.

The winning city to host the Olympic Games in 2016 will be announced today at 18:30hours Danish time.
Rio de Janeiro and Chicago are seen as the favorites to win. Little over 100 members of the IOC will vote
today. Every vote is important, London barely won from Paris for the right to host the Olympic Games in

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_63322.php

Google translation:

ARUBA

Hoevertsz meets Barack Obama

October 3, 2009, 13:46 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY / COPENHAGEN - The president of the United States Barack Obama was briefly in Copenhagen yesterday to lobby for the candidacy of the city of Chicago for the Olympic Games of 2016. His arrival was to no avail, the members of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) chose the Brazilian city of Rio de Janeiro. It is the first time that the Olympic Games held in South America. The present Brazilian President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva said proudly after the profits of 'his city'. The present also Nicole Hoevertsz of the Aruban Olympic Committee (COA) yesterday got the chance a few words with President Obama to share with him the picture. He was very kind and patient, told Hoevertsz end.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1453 on: October 03, 2009, 11:11:16 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_63321.php

Google translation:

ARUBA

Formation Governor Mission: Work together and be vigorous

October 3, 2009, 13:44 (GMT -04:00)

Party leader Mike Eman (AVP) was yesterday in an interview with Governor Fredis Refunjol formal request to form a cabinet that can count on the support of a majority in the Legislature.

ORANGE CITY - Governor Fredis Refunjol asks in his contract formation formateur Mike Eman attention to "the need for an administrative environment focused on collaboration and cohesion". In addition, also "structural measures" be taken to promote economic growth and improve public finances. Refunjol Eman has sought to "the public interest in a government which is prepared for the development of Aruba to invest in a number of preconditions". Which would be exactly the preconditions is not yet published. The governor, the principles of democratic law and general principles of good governance to guide the form "a vigorous and transparent government". "It should create a safe society with prospects for independent entrepreneurs and responsible citizens to provide the basis for further development," said the press release from the Office of the Governor.

Refunjol indicates that further development is not a simple task, given the current economic situation and prospects in the coming years. "It is therefore appropriate that the attention paid to another government measures to restore economic growth. Simultaneously, public finances through structural measures in the coming term of office should be restructured. "The governor asked Eman" to themselves well informed of the progress of the Land ". He also asked the formateur to join the preparation of nominations to appoint the ministers' method as described in the decision of the Council of Ministers on September 9, 2009 for appointment of ministers to follow. Whether this relates directly to the allegations by Prime Minister Oduber on whether or not Ministry table of some potential future members of the Cabinet, is still unclear.

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #1454 on: October 03, 2009, 11:18:32 PM »

Another take on the elections.

http://www.arubalife.net/governing-party-losses-blames-valero/

Governing Party Losses, Blames Valero
Topic: Energy, Politics
A day after the general elections in Aruba, with devastating results for the governing party, the resigning Prime Minister of Aruba put the blame for the strong defeat at The Netherlands government and Valero CEO for meddling in internal affairs.

Just a few day before the general elections Valero Aruba Refinery owner, Valero Energy Corp., based in San Antonio, Texas, USA, decided to shut down the facility and send home a lot of sub-contractors and staff.

Naturally this isn’t something that did the resigning administration any favors. In fact, I have called out Valero for the timing and doubtful role it has played in all of this. It smells bad.

The resigning PM insists that the new PM is going to give in to all the demands by Valero or any other oil giant, including renewing of a viscous tax-holiday, unlimited polution, unlimited influx of cheap labor and zero import duties an all merchandise for Valero. Meanwhile medium and small business owners still need to comply to all tax regulations.

I’m not as viscous as the resigning PM, however I’m certainly going to keep an eye on what’s going to happen in the next few months and I will call anyone out on this topic.

By the way it’s a bit insulting by the resigning PM to claim the above for its defeat. Don’t insult people’s intelligence. There are many other reasons as to why people decided to go into another direction

2 4 1
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1455 on: October 03, 2009, 11:50:26 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_63318.php

Google translation:

ARUBA

Tackling nuisance FCCA districts

October 3, 2009, 13:39 (GMT -04:00)

Irena Geerman (left) and Raynold Werleman (center) in presenting their report, "From a house to a home".

ORANGE CITY - "I want the problems of youth are less. These parents should be helped first. They must realize that the wrong, accept that they have made a mistake and are trying to work, "says Irena Geerman (43) following its investigation into ways to combat youth nuisance in the neighborhoods with housing for FCCA. The study was Geerman with Raynold Werleman.

by our reporter
Mariska Bechis

Central to their research question was the inconvenience which children between six and twelve years residing in the housing cause. Now it appears to fall into the nuisance at this age. Children between six and ten years for example, cause under investigation little inconvenience. The age in which children engage in crime is slight between ten to twelve years. Moreover, as the researchers conclude in their report, is the biggest cause of the behavior of youth, the education that parents give and the communication between them and the children.

Now the causes of youth nuisance are investigated, Geerman to tackle the problems which they have almost seventeen years as a caregiver to residents FCCA's central concerns. In total, eleven o'clock the study recommendations. These include cooperation is central. "I insist that cooperation between the FCCA and other bodies should be improved. Cooperation in recent years is not longer so overwhelming. This should be restored and strengthened. "It is also noteworthy that the survey shows that 97 percent of the surveyed residents preventive programs are needed. Doing so they prefer more individual assistance and support groups. "This is why FCCA to parents and youth to offer." Courses provide here is not an option, because "parents need immediate attention when it comes to questions surrounding the education of their child.

Own district
It is also important when starting a project housing to ensure that the overall infrastructure has been arranged in advance. "Street lighting is essential to prevent vandalism and increase the sense of neighborhood safety." Moreover, a "neighborhood club" in which professionals work, of crucial importance. According Geerman this would contribute to minimizing inconvenience among youth. "And people encourage themselves to find solutions for recreational and figure out what can be created. This not only bring you close together, but also the parents and children. Even a movie night organizing has been good. "The problem is that resources should be first. "So they finally nicer feel in their own neighborhood."

Geerman suggests, moreover, for a property seeker first 'screen', to the livability of the residential areas to improve. "A variety of people and not large, has a positive impact on the livability of a neighborhood," she explains from. Furthermore, the housing seeker to follow a compulsory course of about four lessons before the key is handed over. "Possible topics include home cleaning, good living with your neighbors, budgeting and the like. I did not examine whether people would open there, but they need just when they are interested in a house. "

Voluntary
Irena Geerman do not know how she plans to implement these plans. She hopes soon to present research in FCCA and once the new minister of Social Affairs and Infrastructure is in his or her place, she will also report to that person offer. Meanwhile, she continued to volunteer as "re-education of parents. "From next year I intend to work with teachers of primary schools and kindergartens to watch children with behavioral problems. I will approach parents and ask if they need guidance in education and at all but see the problems themselves. I will then encourage them to seek help. "One thing, according to her 100 percent certain:" I let it sit for an examination, but this certainly go further. "

This was the article in Awe Mainta from 9/12/09   

http://awemainta.com/home/

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1456 on: October 04, 2009, 12:24:02 AM »

Hi Magnolia!   

Hope you're having a great weekend!  It's raining here again....and all day tomorrow, if the weather report is right. 

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1457 on: October 04, 2009, 12:26:44 AM »

an angelic monkey

Natalee's Candles

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5700.0

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1458 on: October 04, 2009, 12:28:38 AM »

I remembered the minute I saw you, before you even posted it!   

Thanks!   an angelic monkey

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1459 on: October 04, 2009, 12:39:26 AM »

Hi Magnolia!   

Hope you're having a great weekend!  It's raining here again....and all day tomorrow, if the weather report is right. 

Hey TM!

Right back at ya!  Beautiful and cool here.
You gave a good summary of the GM activities.  Glad you corrected Debbie.
She certainly doesn't hesitate to correct others.
I don't remember that we ever decided that Dave was a Navy Seal...just discussed it.
There is a big difference.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.