March 28, 2024, 02:26:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #824 9/06/09 - 10/12/09  (Read 408346 times)
hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #160 on: September 09, 2009, 08:38:30 PM »

Thanks TM! 

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #161 on: September 09, 2009, 09:28:01 PM »

Thank you and good evening monkeys.  I am back from a few days in the mountains and it does take a while to catch up.....

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #162 on: September 09, 2009, 09:55:00 PM »

Thank you and good evening monkeys.  I am back from a few days in the mountains and it does take a while to catch up.....

Hi mere!  Glad you're back!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #163 on: September 09, 2009, 09:58:20 PM »

Janet,
I may not approve of all the methods of Dave Holloway, but I will not condemn him.
I do not know what is in his mind or his heart.  I know he has lost a child and has not
been able to find the remains of that child or the answers to what happened to her.
I would imagine he is tired and feels depleted.  I would imagine that he wants some peace.
That is how I would feel in such a situation.
I do not think for even one minute that Dave or Tim Miller or Peter R. DeVries would intentionally
do anything or take any amount of money to undermine the investigation into Natalee's disappearance.
I do not believe that any of those three men have that sort of character.  But, that is just my opinion
after following this sad story for over four years.
I do not think you would knowingly do anything to corrupt the investigation either and I respect you.
But that does not mean I see everything exactly as you do.
Now Robin is another story.

... and that is fine with me.  I would love it if everybody were to agree with my points of view but ... I know realistically that is not going to happen.  However ... I do want the freedom of expressing my positions ... positions that I do not arrive at lightly ... without being disrespectfully undermine.  I do not have a problem being alone in a crowd regarding opinion but ... I truly want to be one with others on this forum in our united quest for answers regarding a corrupt Aruban investigation that has prevented justice from prevailing for Natalee Holloway. 

Thank you Magnolia.

Janet

You can express your opinions until the cows come home.  Nobody has ever denied you that priviledge.
But you need to understand that a different opinion to yours is not undermining you or being disrespectful.
It is another monkey's opinion... just as yours is only your opinion.

Exactly.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #164 on: September 09, 2009, 09:59:31 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_62187.php

Google translation:

Large-scale smuggling gold from the Antilles and Aruba

September 9, 2009, 14:02 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
  Print this article

Agents searching the home of Carlos Mercera in Seroe Pela in relation to the large-scale investigation into the laundering of drug money and gold smuggling in the ABC islands and in Europe.

ORANGE CITY - The sons of Anthony and Carlos Mercera UPB-commissioner and former Minister Carlos Marcera Aruba and Bonaire were yesterday arrested in connection with a major investigation into the laundering of drug money and gold smuggling in the ABC islands and in some European countries, including the Netherlands, Belgium and Austria. Justice is the research also encountered a large scale smuggling of gold from the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba.

On Aruba, four searches made including the home of Carlos Marcera in Seroe Pela. These are documents, vehicles and gold were seized. On Bonaire were eighteen searches, namely, in eight homes, four government agencies and six companies. In total there were two arrests among them is Anthony Marcera. On Curaçao has been searched two houses and one commercial building was searched. There is hereby made an arrest, William Wijngaarde.

In those European countries took place two p.m. searches where two people were arrested. Besides the arrests that took place, several firearms, vehicles, vessels, aircraft, precious goods, a large amount of money and a quantity of gold seized.

Gold Smuggling

During the laundering investigation include views on widespread smuggling of gold received from the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba. These gold smuggling is related to an arrest on March 27 this year in the United States took place. While the arrested person is suspected of including substantial sums of money from the major drug trafficking (cocaine from Colombia). About accounts managed by that person in the U.S. in a short time more than eight billion U.S. dollars went.

The investigation is in progress and will not be limited to the Netherlands Antilles, Aruba and Europe. Several arrests and searches are not excluded, says the prosecution of Curaçao.

Connection???

CNN) -- Texas billionaire Allen Stanford was taken into custody Thursday night on a fraud-related charge in Stafford, Virginia, the FBI said.

Allen Stanford, right, poses with his Antigua cricket team in November 2008.
 FBI Supervisory Special Agent M.A. Myers would not provide further details on Stanford's arrest, but his attorney, Dick DeGuerin, told CNN that Stanford had surrendered to agents.

Stanford, accused of a $9.2 billion fraud by U.S. regulators, denied all wrongdoing in a tearful interview in April during which he threatened to punch his questioner in the mouth.

"I would die and go to hell if it's a Ponzi scheme," Stanford, who was ranked at No. 205 in Forbes magazine's list of 400 richest Americans with assets of more than $2 billion, told ABC News.

The assets of Stanford and his financial groups, based in Antigua and the Caribbean, are frozen while the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission investigates allegations he ran "a massive Ponzi scheme," a pyramid scheme in which new investors' money is stolen to pay profits to existing clients.

During his ABC interview, Stanford complained that he had to fly commercial airlines after the federal government confiscated his six private jets.

"They make you take your shoes off and everything," he said. "It's terrible."

Stanford threatened to punch the interviewer when he was questioned about reported links to alleged money laundering for a Mexican drug cartel, charges he vehemently denied with the threat before backing down.

Before his arrest, Stanford faced an array of civil claims. He and his wife owe back taxes, penalties and interest of at least $226.5 million, the IRS said in court documents filed in Dallas, Texas, last March.

The final total could be even higher because the Stanfords have not filed their income tax return for 2007. The IRS says they owe $110 million in back taxes, $55.8 million in penalties and $60.7 million in interest for the 1999 through 2003 tax years.

The Securities and Exchange Commission has said that Stanford was behind "a fraud of shocking magnitude." FBI agents served Stanford with SEC papers accusing him and three of his companies of orchestrating a $9.2 billion investment fraud scheme.

With the filing, the IRS joins thousands of other creditors in the case who are seeking a crack at Stanford's remaining assets.

In February Antiguan and Barbudan regulators took control of Stanford's financial institutions on the twin-island nation, a day after federal agents served the Texas businessman with papers accusing him of running an investment fraud scheme.

In a complaint filed in February in federal court in Dallas, Texas, the Securities and Exchange Commission accused Stanford International Bank of using a network of financial advisers to sell about $8 billion of "certificates of deposit" to investors.

The bank boasted it had a unique investment strategy that had allowed it to reap double-digit returns on its investments for the previous 15 years, the SEC said.

The civil complaint alleged an additional scheme relating to $1.2 billion in sales.

Stanford's bank claimed its network had $51 billion in deposits and assets under management or advisement, with more than 70,000 clients in 140 countries.

The allegations against Stanford and his companies sparked runs on Stanford banks in Antigua and in Venezuela, where the government took over the local subsidiary in February after it recorded "extraordinary" withdrawals, according to Venezuela's superintendent of banks.

The SEC complaint also named James Davis, SIB's chief financial officer; Laura Pendergest-Holt, chief investment officer of Stanford Financial Group; and investment adviser Stanford Capital Management.

Stanford, who sponsored a cricket team and series of matches in Antigua, had his ties to the sport severed earlier this year when the England and Wales Cricket Board announced it would not play any further Stanford Twenty20 matches in Antigua as well as shelving plans for the Quadrangular Twenty20 events.

Under the deal struck between the ECB and financier Stanford last summer, England were due to play four further $20 million matches in the Caribbean, while the proposed Quadrangular events were scheduled to take place annually from 2009 to 2011, with each edition worth around $9 million.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/18/stanford.fraud.charge/index.html

Interesting!  Thanks hotping!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #165 on: September 09, 2009, 10:09:17 PM »

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2008/02/13/monkeys-media-reminder-beth-holloway-peter-r-devries-on-dana-pretzer-show-on-scared-monkeys-radio/

I mean, it`s stunning that 48 hours into Natalee`s disappearance, I was asked by an Aruban detective if Natalee has a history of seizures or epilepsy. And when — and when I`m hearing Joran say that it looked like Natalee was having a seizure, and then he even — what makes me sick and I want to come through the screen and kill him, when he imitates her, he imitates her as she`s suffering. And that`s in a video clip with Patrick.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #166 on: September 09, 2009, 10:12:13 PM »

... and that is fine with me.  I would love it if everybody were to agree with my points of view but ... I know realistically that is not going to happen.  However ... I do want the freedom of expressing my positions ... positions that I do not arrive at lightly ... without being disrespectfully undermine.  I do not have a problem being alone in a crowd regarding opinion but ... I truly want to be one with others on this forum in our united quest for answers regarding a corrupt Aruban investigation that has prevented justice from prevailing for Natalee Holloway. 

Thank you Magnolia.

Janet

You can express your opinions until the cows come home.  Nobody has ever denied you that priviledge.
But you need to understand that a different opinion to yours is not undermining you or being disrespectful.

Magnolia I have always agreed with almost everything you post about this case.  Your thoughts are well expressed and set out and they mirror a lot of my own opinions about Natalee's disappearance.

Sadly, opinions and thoughts that do not carry documentation are not so welcome these days, even though some documentation presented is only echoing others posts and their opinions.

I hope this thread will not become a one man band where any opposing or dissenting opinions are discouraged, even though this appears to be the current trend.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #167 on: September 09, 2009, 10:25:55 PM »

Thank you Magnolia.

Janet

Magnolia I have always agreed with almost everything you post about this case.  Your thoughts are well expressed and set out and they mirror a lot of my own opinions about Natalee's disappearance.

Sadly, opinions and thoughts that do not carry documentation are not so welcome these days, even though some documentation presented is only echoing others posts and their opinions.

I hope this thread will not become a one man band where any opposing or dissenting opinions are discouraged, even though this appears to be the current trend.

But Tibro, it will never be documentation to me when one word of a quote is twisted to change the whole meaning.
I can see through that.  That is just plain wrong.
BTW....Good to see you!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 10:35:50 PM by San » Logged

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #168 on: September 09, 2009, 10:27:59 PM »

I am sooo sorry.  I got my reply all up in the middle of something else.

I will try again:

But Tibro, it will never be documentation to me when one word of a quote is twisted to change the whole meaning.
I can see through that.  That is just plain wrong.
BTW....Good to see you!

{I fixed it = San}
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 10:37:03 PM by San » Logged

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #169 on: September 09, 2009, 10:38:41 PM »

Good to see you too Magnolia, along with all the other Monkeys.

I am usually here daily - mostly on the "guest list"

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #170 on: September 09, 2009, 10:40:08 PM »

Hi Tibro!   

I hope you will never let another's opinion of anything stop you from sharing yours here.

Differing opinions, interpretations of source material, life experiences, and so much more from each and every participant here is what makes this a great place to be for those who care about missing people; in this thread specifically...Natalee Holloway.  If we only accept or encourage the insight of a few of us, we will certainly miss out on great opportunities for thought provoking dialogue.  My first impression of so many things in this case has changed after considering others interpretation of the same information.  Even if my opinion stays the same on any topic, it's always interesting to me to know what others think.  I do get a bit excited and/or emotional with my feelings about some things like one particular article I posted yesterday.  But even then I'm only expressing my opinion, and welcome that of others even if it's the opposite of mine.  I hope I don't discourage others from sharing their opinion in those instances, it's certainly not my intent.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #171 on: September 09, 2009, 10:53:36 PM »

Hi TexasMom   

No I have never felt discouraged from posting by any of your posts, and indeed from posts by most of the other monkeys.

My thoughts on the identity of the culprits remain the same since the first couple of weeks and only the method of disposal and cover up details have changed for me at times.

Also thank you for bringing those Aruban news items to us.  And I wish we had all studied Papiamento from the beginning - we would be so proficient in it now.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #172 on: September 09, 2009, 11:03:14 PM »

Hi Tibro!   

I hope you will never let another's opinion of anything stop you from sharing yours here.

Differing opinions, interpretations of source material, life experiences, and so much more from each and every participant here is what makes this a great place to be for those who care about missing people; in this thread specifically...Natalee Holloway.  If we only accept or encourage the insight of a few of us, we will certainly miss out on great opportunities for thought provoking dialogue.  My first impression of so many things in this case has changed after considering others interpretation of the same information.  Even if my opinion stays the same on any topic, it's always interesting to me to know what others think.  I do get a bit excited and/or emotional with my feelings about some things like one particular article I posted yesterday.  But even then I'm only expressing my opinion, and welcome that of others even if it's the opposite of mine.  I hope I don't discourage others from sharing their opinion in those instances, it's certainly not my intent.

Nicely put, TM.

I know I get mouthy sometimes, but it is never my intention to discourage anyone.....unless it is one of those old
drive by posters.
Sometimes I can stay quiet for days.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #173 on: September 09, 2009, 11:05:39 PM »

Hi TexasMom   

No I have never felt discouraged from posting by any of your posts, and indeed from posts by most of the other monkeys.

My thoughts on the identity of the culprits remain the same since the first couple of weeks and only the method of disposal and cover up details have changed for me at times.

Also thank you for bringing those Aruban news items to us.  And I wish we had all studied Papiamento from the beginning - we would be so proficient in it now.

Thank you Tibro.   

About the Aruban news...you're welcome!  Just when I think I might understand some of the language...it seems like it changes. Almost at times seems like just one more effort to keep us in the dark about some things.  But I won't stop trying!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #174 on: September 09, 2009, 11:13:03 PM »

Hi Tibro!   

Nicely put, TM.

I know I get mouthy sometimes, but it is never my intention to discourage anyone.....unless it is one of those old
drive by posters.

Sometimes I can stay quiet for days.

I know what you mean about those drive by's...I said a few things myself..well that I might not have ever even considered before... fortunately Klaas has taken care of that problem for us.  Attacks are completely different from a differing opinion, and I think we've all seen enough of both to know the difference right away.

I always appreciate your input, and miss it when you are quiet!   an angelic monkey

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #175 on: September 09, 2009, 11:16:53 PM »

Where's Anna?  Has she been here and I've just missed her?

TIA

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #176 on: September 09, 2009, 11:22:29 PM »

TIA

I haven't seen her.  She would be defending her Peter R. though.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #177 on: September 09, 2009, 11:29:08 PM »

TIA

I haven't seen her.  She would be defending her Peter R. though.

Thanks Magnolia, I think so too!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #178 on: September 09, 2009, 11:37:03 PM »

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2008/02/13/monkeys-media-reminder-beth-holloway-peter-r-devries-on-dana-pretzer-show-on-scared-monkeys-radio/

I mean, it`s stunning that 48 hours into Natalee`s disappearance, I was asked by an Aruban detective if Natalee has a history of seizures or epilepsy. And when — and when I`m hearing Joran say that it looked like Natalee was having a seizure, and then he even — what makes me sick and I want to come through the screen and kill him, when he imitates her, he imitates her as she`s suffering. And that`s in a video clip with Patrick.

I just listened to this show of Dana's again, I recommend it to everyone!  It was a great show....Red calls in at the end too!

Dana's guests were:
Beth Holloway, Peter R. DeVries
Art Wood, former Secret Service agent discussing the Natalee Holloway case.
Mike McIntyre - Mike, host of “Crime and Punishment”, weighs in on the Natalee Holloway story.

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #179 on: September 09, 2009, 11:57:16 PM »

Good Night, Night Crew......need to update the flu thread....see you tomorrow.
Tick Tock.....

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.