March 19, 2024, 03:55:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #824 9/06/09 - 10/12/09  (Read 407531 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #860 on: September 19, 2009, 11:46:46 AM »

Just stoppin in to say good morning before i head out to the game!It's raining in Seattle!  Hopefully the Football Gods are with us today!

JUSTICE FOR NATALEE HOLLOWAY!

an angelic monkey

Good morning KTF!  Hope you have a great day!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #861 on: September 19, 2009, 12:06:41 PM »

FBI: Corrupt cops,including Bo Dietl, fed mob info 

More than a dozen corrupt cops – allegedly including celebrity detective Bo Dietl and a former NYPD detective-driver for Manhattan DA Robert Morgenthau — fed information to the mob and took part in crimes including drug dealing, armed robbery and murder, according to a blockbuster FBI report obtained by The Post.

The stunning allegations come from Gambino crime family rat John Alite, who’s expected to be the prosecution’s star witness at the upcoming racketeering and murder trial of mob scion John "Junior" Gotti.

Alite, a former Gambino associate, who allegedly helped Gotti run a drug ring in Queens, made a star appearance as a witness earlier this year in Brooklyn federal court against Gambino family hit man Charles Carneglia.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/fbi_corrupt_cops_including_bo_dietl_9lYELZZSB8LWiNV9WOIGwO

I know, I know.......someone probably already posted it and I missed it and again I am a day late and a million dollara short ... 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #862 on: September 19, 2009, 12:34:40 PM »

FBI: Corrupt cops,including Bo Dietl, fed mob info 

More than a dozen corrupt cops – allegedly including celebrity detective Bo Dietl and a former NYPD detective-driver for Manhattan DA Robert Morgenthau — fed information to the mob and took part in crimes including drug dealing, armed robbery and murder, according to a blockbuster FBI report obtained by The Post.

The stunning allegations come from Gambino crime family rat John Alite, who’s expected to be the prosecution’s star witness at the upcoming racketeering and murder trial of mob scion John "Junior" Gotti.

Alite, a former Gambino associate, who allegedly helped Gotti run a drug ring in Queens, made a star appearance as a witness earlier this year in Brooklyn federal court against Gambino family hit man Charles Carneglia.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/fbi_corrupt_cops_including_bo_dietl_9lYELZZSB8LWiNV9WOIGwO

I know, I know.......someone probably already posted it and I missed it and again I am a day late and a million dollara short ... 

Thanks Nut44x4!  Actually it had not been posted.  I read a little about it late last night, but not at a reputable site!    I was too tired to go looking for reliable info about it and forgot about it, so I'm glad you posted it!

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #863 on: September 19, 2009, 12:36:30 PM »

http://www.thedailyherald.com/news/daily/m106/jenningsm106.html

Former gang leader advises parents to reinforce respect

PHILIPSBURG--Former gang leader Dr. Joseph Jennings, now a motivational speaker, told gathered parents their children could not be any more than what they taught them to be, in Philipsburg Jubilee Library’s filled-to-capacity conference room Thursday night.

He told the gathering of parents, youngsters, education and judicial officials that this generation of children was under a curse, stemming from disobedience of the ninth commandment, according to the Holy Bible, “Honour your mother and your father.”

He noted that in the US, the number one desire of young people was to come from a happy home. Their number one fear was their parents getting a divorce. He pointed out that the world had evolved over the years, with many parents “stuck in a box.”

He emphasised the necessity for parents to show love to their children, as a lack of it resulted in youngsters clinging to street gangs that promoted themselves as families away from home.

He recalled his own youth, in which his father had raised him to be a “thug.” As a result he had lived a life of rebellion, had been shot 13 times, had brutally injured his own brother in a shoot-out, had witnessed his father rape all his sisters, and much more, which he described as very callous.

Noting this, however, he told the youngsters that regardless of the situation, they must honour the title of mother and father, and not necessarily the person holding this title.

Jennings said with youngsters knowing the difference between right and wrong, adults had to provide the way out of this current curse, helping them understand that down the line there would be a price to pay.

Reflecting on the situation in St. Maarten through talks with youngsters of the various schools, he observed that St. Maarten’s delinquency predicament stemmed from a lack of family togetherness. He said the youth of St. Maarten were immensely influenced, in a negative way, by American culture.

He stressed to those in power that as the island’s greatest resource was its youth, if not guided out of their current state, the youth could shut down the whole island, which depended significantly on tourism.

He said “the youth does not need any more role models – they need a real model.” He said those in power needed to consider the influence their actions had on this generation. Moreover he chastised the local media, suggesting that there was a preference to report negative news when it came to the youth, rather than push positive messages, such as what he had visited the island to do.

Further, he asked parents to “let your kids be kids.” He said the term “young adults” should be scrapped, because children were children. Also targeting single parent households, he said male figures were essential, because “women can’t raise boys to be men.”

Focusing on this point he said single women, no matter why the fathers of their children were no longer in the situation, should not speak negatively about the children’s fathers to the children, because in the end the children would develop a strong resentment that could be detrimental to all parties.

Jennings said it was imperative for the island to get back to praying for its young people. He added that on his visit he had met young girls who had been raped and molested and he had met young men longing for a father, which drew him to the conclusion that youngsters on the island hurt even more than those in the US.

Moreover, he said demeaning an individual because of race, status or occupation also had a significant influence on youth delinquency. He said that from his experience and conversing with those in gangs, there was a realisation that they were no different than the common man.

He noted that involvement in a gang in the beginning stages was mainly a means of survival. There was no senseless killing as seen today. Gang members were only in the hustle to make money to live comfortably.

The former gang leader said his turnaround in life had come at a moment when he was about to kill a man and three elderly white ladies had started to pray for him in an attempt to stop what he was about to do. On this note he said people needed to get past the issue of black and white, because the current dilemma amongst the youth was no longer about race.

Having changed his life, Jennings focuses on helping adults understand the young people of today. He said common courtesy expressed by young people to their mothers and grandmothers had to be re-instilled.

He said that while some black people might be of the opinion that profanity was a part of the black culture, he argued that this was a stupid way of thinking and reminded listeners of yesteryear when respect was key.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #864 on: September 19, 2009, 05:12:40 PM »

http://www.bondia.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4985&Itemid=1

Papiamentu translation:

will have consequencia economico/financiero big if aruba have to aparece on list black of fatf

saturday, 19 september 2009 oranjestad—aruba is tratando of all form for convence fatf cu locual his evaluacion is on cumplimento of aruba cu recomendacionnan of the organizacion contra labamento of coin y financiamento of terrorism, do not cuadra. y have motibo for kico have one cierto nervosismo. because the raport preliminario of fatf is devastado for aruba, y is form one danger earnest for reputacion of we country, cu posibilidad of achieve one apuntacion negative internacionalmente.
one delegacion cu owing to consisti among another representantenan of mot come across, incluso the candidato new of mep xiomara maduro y also representantenan of banco central owing to trip for paris at july, as minister rudy croes owing to indica, for owing to discuti among another on the form y tone con the raport is scirbi.

the message cu owing to delegacion owing to achieve is cu will not change the words of the raport. cu one raportahe so, the probabilidad will is big cu aruba will achieve one evaluacion of nc, cu is non compliance. have to tell cu the termino ‘non compliant,’ or non-cooperative have trip is give one impresion left, already cu as aruba, much country cu is aparece on the list black of fatf not necesariamente for propaganda one cultura where is crea the impresion cu is asisti at labamento of coin. but much trip is deal of paisnan cu not have neither the infrastructura neither the recursonan for atende cu criminalnan financiero relativamente sofistica.

analistanan is show cu fatf is impone his recomendacionnan, 40 + 9, on one country cu have limitacion not only in fondo, but also in expertonan for work legislacionnan. is deal here of recomendacionnan cu paisnan big as merca self is struggle for accomplish cu n’e y is dificil for believe cu without more, one country cu one presupuesto limita as aruba can inverti the same cantidad cu paisnan big for accomplish cu the recomendacionnan of fatf.

sinembargo, another they're show cu the problem of aruba do not miss of fondo neither miss of experticio, but miss of disponibilidad y coherencia, as the raport is show. the maneho on leynan contra labamento of coin y financiamento of terrorism is stay one responsabilidad comparti of minister of husticia rudy croes y his colega of finanzas nilo swaen.  sinembargo, according informacionnan, not had none type of coordinacion, for cual motibo also cada instancia, as for example banco central y mot, practicamente not owing to work in one form structura cu another. not had none leader for dirigi the procesonan here. come across

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #865 on: September 19, 2009, 06:12:54 PM »

http://www.arubatoday.com/index.php?option=com_flippingbook&book_id=3

http://www.arubatoday.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

AHATA announces Hepple as its new President and CEO

Local News

Saturday, 19 September 2009

ORANJESTAD – The Aruba Hotel & Tourism Association (AHATA) and its board of directors is proud to announce the addition of James Richard Hepple as AHATA’s next President and CEO.

James Hepple is a distinguished tourism professional who holds ample experience in the Caribbean region, and who will undoubtedly prove a valuable asset in the development of programs for AHATA members and in the further promotion of the destination of Aruba. 

Hepple comes to Aruba from his last post in Saint Lucia, where he held a key position for the Saint Lucia Tourism Board (since 2007).  In recent years, Hepple has served in tourism director positions with Trinidad & Tobago (2005-2007), Curacao (2001-2005), Bahamas (1993-2001 and 1983-1989), and with Trusthouse Forte Hotels in Bermuda (1989-1991). 

Previous to his Caribbean appointments, he first developed his tourism experience with the English Tourist Board (1973-1976).  He later emigrated to Canada and joined the Toronto, Canada office of Pannell Kerr Forster as a consultant working on many hotel related studies. In 1979 he joined the Ottawa office of Thorne Stevenson & Kellogg, as Senior Consultant where he was responsible for numerous tourism marketing and feasibility assignments.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #866 on: September 19, 2009, 06:15:37 PM »

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #867 on: September 19, 2009, 06:24:58 PM »

http://www.arubatoday.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

AHATA announces Hepple as its new President and CEO

Local News

Saturday, 19 September 2009

ORANJESTAD – The Aruba Hotel & Tourism Association (AHATA) and its board of directors is proud to announce the addition of James Richard Hepple as AHATA’s next President and CEO.

James Hepple is a distinguished tourism professional who holds ample experience in the Caribbean region, and who will undoubtedly prove a valuable asset in the development of programs for AHATA members and in the further promotion of the destination of Aruba. 

Hepple comes to Aruba from his last post in Saint Lucia, where he held a key position for the Saint Lucia Tourism Board (since 2007).  In recent years, Hepple has served in tourism director positions with Trinidad & Tobago (2005-2007), Curacao (2001-2005), Bahamas (1993-2001 and 1983-1989), and with Trusthouse Forte Hotels in Bermuda (1989-1991). 

Previous to his Caribbean appointments, he first developed his tourism experience with the English Tourist Board (1973-1976).  He later emigrated to Canada and joined the Toronto, Canada office of Pannell Kerr Forster as a consultant working on many hotel related studies. In 1979 he joined the Ottawa office of Thorne Stevenson & Kellogg, as Senior Consultant where he was responsible for numerous tourism marketing and feasibility assignments.

Hepple was born in Hexham, England and holds a PhD in Economic Geography and a First Class Honors BA degree in Geography, both from the University of Hull, Yorkshire, England. He has two children, Cameron 21 and Brittany 18.

AHATA looks forward to welcoming Hepple to Aruba and to the AHATA staff in the fourth quarter of this year, after completing the appropriate legal requirements for his stay on island and on the job with AHATA. Hepple will replace the outgoing AHATA President & CEO Rob Smith, who is scheduled to vacate his current position with AHATA on October 16, 2009.

After completing a successful two-year run as the President & CEO of AHATA, Smith will be assuming responsibilities as the new general manager of the Radisson Aruba. AHATA board, staff and members look forward to his continued participation in the association as a resort GM.

Edited to add the rest of the article!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #868 on: September 19, 2009, 06:30:53 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_62692.php

Google translation:

Judge and sit on seat legislature OM '

September 19, 2009, 13:41 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
Print this article

The members of the Common Court of Justice, including the attorney general of Aruba and the Netherlands Antilles yesterday during an extraordinary session of the Court at the University of Aruba.

ORANGE CITY - The Bar Association is concerned about the development that the Public Prosecutor (OM) and right on the seat of the legislature sitting. This blanket Ronny Wix said yesterday during an extraordinary session of the Common Court of Justice of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba.

In it were two new judges, Mewe Christine and Ingrid van Acker, for Aruba and Attorney-General (PG) Rob Pietersz installed. Wix took the example of major criminal case against Mansur among others, Luis Mercado and Rafa Ochoa which OM illegal investigative methods such as eavesdropping devices used. And although the evidence was illegally obtained and both the Court of First Instance and the Court ruled that there was a serious violation standard, the evidence was still used in the case. The court imposed a penalty on it, but according to Wix, this case nonetheless paved the way for the Public to "discretion detection methods to use without legal basis". "In other words, the prosecution can decide tomorrow to go to aggressive interrogation methods that do not support in the law." This is a serious infringement on the rights of people, is the dean, by the Constitution (Constitution of Aruba) and European Convention of Human Rights are guaranteed. A "worrying development", will Wix, because now the court allows such cases, confidence in the law harmed. Justice he will also lose custody to. "The company will in fact have little respect for investigators who are breaking the law, especially if the violated standard itself could constitute a criminal offense."

The blanket is still more concerned about the ruling of the Court of First Instance, the OM has not previously informed the public that justice detection methods are used. This statement means, Wix said, that justice for the detection method are illegal if the OM that publish in advance and communicated. And publish the OM, both Aruba and the Antilles, now done. This is the blanket statement that the OM will function as the executive and the parliament as a court order "together to make laws", but that power lies solely with the legislature. This goes against the principles of law thought, Wix concludes: "Indeed, the court can not take the place of the legislature sit."

The blanket highlight how "frustrating" for the prosecutor and the judiciary should be that failure by the legislature in time with sufficient laws to come, but they may not fulfill the role of the legislature. It indicates that the legal profession sharp eye on this development retains. Asked whether the OM are still in ongoing criminal investigations using illegal investigative methods, Wix says: "Yes, I'm quite sure."

Attorney-General Pietersz showed in his speech thanks know that the law which the PDO detection methods would be legal, since the Advisory Council is sent. He also said to expect the law from January next year in power can be. Wix is more skeptical about. "It is Parliament that decides it."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #869 on: September 19, 2009, 06:41:33 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_62688.php

Google translation:

ARUBA

Online StemWijzer

September 19, 2009, 13:36 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - Voters who do not know which party they vote in the upcoming elections, may now visit the website www.votaconciente.com. The site is a kind VoteMatch where visitors can answer questions on important issues such as education, social affairs, immigration, economy, tourism and economy. Depending on the answers calculates the site, after answering all questions, which political party best reflects the responses of the visitor. The creators of the site is unique in Aruba and "perfect for floating voters who do not know which party they vote. But people who are curious about the views of various parties are informed by the site. The site and questions are entirely in Papiamento.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #870 on: September 19, 2009, 08:19:21 PM »

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #871 on: September 19, 2009, 10:38:00 PM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #872 on: September 20, 2009, 12:10:29 AM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_62692.php

Google translation:

Judge and sit on seat legislature OM '

September 19, 2009, 13:41 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
Print this article

The members of the Common Court of Justice, including the attorney general of Aruba and the Netherlands Antilles yesterday during an extraordinary session of the Court at the University of Aruba.

ORANGE CITY - The Bar Association is concerned about the development that the Public Prosecutor (OM) and right on the seat of the legislature sitting. This blanket Ronny Wix said yesterday during an extraordinary session of the Common Court of Justice of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba.

In it were two new judges, Mewe Christine and Ingrid van Acker, for Aruba and Attorney-General (PG) Rob Pietersz installed. Wix took the example of major criminal case against Mansur among others, Luis Mercado and Rafa Ochoa which OM illegal investigative methods such as eavesdropping devices used. And although the evidence was illegally obtained and both the Court of First Instance and the Court ruled that there was a serious violation standard, the evidence was still used in the case. The court imposed a penalty on it, but according to Wix, this case nonetheless paved the way for the Public to "discretion detection methods to use without legal basis". "In other words, the prosecution can decide tomorrow to go to aggressive interrogation methods that do not support in the law." This is a serious infringement on the rights of people, is the dean, by the Constitution (Constitution of Aruba) and European Convention of Human Rights are guaranteed. A "worrying development", will Wix, because now the court allows such cases, confidence in the law harmed. Justice he will also lose custody to. "The company will in fact have little respect for investigators who are breaking the law, especially if the violated standard itself could constitute a criminal offense."

The blanket is still more concerned about the ruling of the Court of First Instance, the OM has not previously informed the public that justice detection methods are used. This statement means, Wix said, that justice for the detection method are illegal if the OM that publish in advance and communicated. And publish the OM, both Aruba and the Antilles, now done. This is the blanket statement that the OM will function as the executive and the parliament as a court order "together to make laws", but that power lies solely with the legislature. This goes against the principles of law thought, Wix concludes: "Indeed, the court can not take the place of the legislature sit."

The blanket highlight how "frustrating" for the prosecutor and the judiciary should be that failure by the legislature in time with sufficient laws to come, but they may not fulfill the role of the legislature. It indicates that the legal profession sharp eye on this development retains. Asked whether the OM are still in ongoing criminal investigations using illegal investigative methods, Wix says: "Yes, I'm quite sure."

Attorney-General Pietersz showed in his speech thanks know that the law which the PDO detection methods would be legal, since the Advisory Council is sent. He also said to expect the law from January next year in power can be. Wix is more skeptical about. "It is Parliament that decides it."

SAN made an observation:

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #873 on: September 20, 2009, 12:13:20 AM »

Good eye San!   

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #874 on: September 20, 2009, 12:16:29 AM »

Good eye San!   

That sneak is always hiding.   
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #875 on: September 20, 2009, 12:17:10 AM »

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #876 on: September 20, 2009, 12:17:56 AM »

Good eye San!   

If that is Paulus....

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #877 on: September 20, 2009, 12:19:15 AM »

THANK YOU TM

an angelic monkey

MOHANDAS GANDHI
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #878 on: September 20, 2009, 12:21:08 AM »

Good eye San!   

He can hide, but I bet you can smell him a mile away.   Monkey Devil!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #879 on: September 20, 2009, 12:30:42 AM »

Good eye San!   

If that is Paulus....

I think it's him.  Considering the "concerns" of the bar association from the article.  I'd bet money. 

They're only concerned about the "rights" of criminals.     

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.